[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the general consensus on this game? Personally I found

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: Alpha-Protocol-Header-1200x666.jpg (138KB, 1200x666px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha-Protocol-Header-1200x666.jpg
138KB, 1200x666px
What is the general consensus on this game? Personally I found it really great on the storyline and dialogue variations but the gameplay is too stiff and pistols are OP as hell.
I almost felt like doing an Archer run with the smooth talking dialogue.
>>
>>382763912
Nobody has ever done a better job of letting you be a supreme cockbag to people in an rpg. I loved killing Sis and then spendign the rest of the game taunting Albatross about it, not to mention smashing the russian's head into the bar and mocking his accent.
>>
>>382764483
True, getting Marburg angry and making him fight against you in the Rome level was great as well
>>
File: not pleased.gif (521KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
not pleased.gif
521KB, 245x160px
>>382764483
>I loved killing Sis

>>382763912
A really good RPG/spy game, a really decent stealth game but one of the worst action game in existence.
>>
It's a game made by Chris avellone of course it's a masterpiece
>>
File: 1398850317920.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1398850317920.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
It's either my second or third favourite game of all time, depending on my mood.

The gameplay has its irks, but I never really had an issue with it like most people post. It felt how an action rpg should feel in a literal sense. But I never really overthought about that much. Probably falls apart under some scrutiny.

What can I say? At the end of the day it's just a really, really fun game. Varied, interesting, well thought out and always full of surprises.

Also obligatory Burn Notice recommendation to all fans of the game.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 500x476px
>>382763912
Its an rpg that uses guns, and like you would expect to be proficient in them you have to have points in those gun types.

This from the getgo sets people off and upsets them. There should have been something similar to new vegas ironsights included where there was at least an alternative if you had no points invested and it would rely completely on skill, but the gun would wobble and it would be incredibly difficult.

Like a lot of things obsidian has done it seems half finished but the parts that are there are amazing and you can see how much more it could have been.
>>
great writing in a terrible game proves that video games are more than just gameplay

this triggers the /v/
>>
>>382763912
I loved the ideas they had for the conversation system. More games really ought to copy that, or at least take inspiration from it.

The gunplay was terrible, mind you.
>>
>>382763912
The definition of a rough diamond. Gameplay was pretty fucking ass, but it has the best conversation circle in games since ME1.

What you say actually (ACTUALLY) matters, unlike Fallout 4. The game is crying for a sequel that fixes its flaws, but of course, Sega couldn't see potential in anything and are surprised at potential when it does hit their face.
>>
File: 1487918707053.png (814KB, 604x717px) Image search: [Google]
1487918707053.png
814KB, 604x717px
>maxed martial arts
>maxed toughness
>completely disregard stealth and play the game as a brawler
>kick in all doors
>beat the shit out of everyone i come across
>mfw the game even congratulates me on not killing anybody
probably the most fun i've had in any game ever
>>
>>382769247
It had a pretty troubled development. Wasn't it SEGA who wanted to shoehorn the stat mechanics because it's an RPG and has to have that on its checklist so Obsidian had to plug it in turning both the stat and action section ass. I mean it was probably already ass to begin with considering it's Obsidian but SEGA's meddling sure didn't help.
>>
File: pepesilvia.jpg (130KB, 383x472px) Image search: [Google]
pepesilvia.jpg
130KB, 383x472px
>>382763912
>mfw a character reacted to my outfit choice in a conversation
This game would be regarded as the best ARPG of all time if Obsidian could have just gotten their shit together and release a not broken game for once.
Since they can't, it will forever be relegated to cult classic status. Personally, I think it's a masterpiece despite all of its flaws.
>>
>>382769491
Obsidian is full of talented writers but they are literally incompetent when it comes to bug-fixing and QA. The development basically went like this:
>Sega: Hey is AP ready?
>Obsidian: No it's still broken
*Delay a year*
*Delay a year*
>Sega: Fuck you launch anyways.
*Release anyways*
>Obsidian: Baww Sega made us release the game too early!
There's a reason Obsidian has to crowd fund all of their games these days.
>>
>>382769313
how
you kill someone in a tank in the saudi finale
>>
>>382763912
Well written buggy mess.
Or a typical Obsidian game.

They have always been more ambitious than they are talented.
>>
File: 1413383501042.jpg (77KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1413383501042.jpg
77KB, 500x501px
>>382769313
>tfw you are meticulous about no-kills but the game is so glitched that it will randomly add kills to your career total at some point
>>
Only got it recently, but it's pretty good so far. I went to Rome first and have just finished at Marburg's mansion. Mina already wants my dick as well. Started off as a recruit. Plan on doing a second run as a veteran and just shooting everyone when I get the chance.

The gameplay itself is fucking terrible though.
>>
>>382770136
well some kills can't be avoided but especially the cia safehouse mission is funny as hell because the game pats you on your back for not killing anybody even though you can go full bruce lee on those americans
>>
>>382763912
>What is the general consensus on this game?
this:
>Personally I found it really great on the storyline and dialogue variations but the gameplay is too stiff and pistols are OP as hell.

In addition, stealth is also OP. But this is also my opinion in a nutshell.
>>
File: 1499141382740.jpg (33KB, 720x711px) Image search: [Google]
1499141382740.jpg
33KB, 720x711px
Alright you fucking cockbags, this game better be good or I'll find all of you faggots and tap your kneecaps until I get my $5.09 back.
>>
It's an amazing game and even better if you're like me and like OP shit in videogames
>>
>>382772246
The gameplay and boss fights especially are a bunch of shit. Save for TURN UP, THE RADIO

but the story is well done, so many branching paths.
>>
>>382772443
I liked the boss fights
>Deng is running around invisible like a cunt
>load steel core rounds
>he pops up
>chain shot
>briliance
>chain shot
>>
>>382772246
It is mediocre as fuck.
This board massively overrates the game.
>>
>>382763912
It's the one game where your choices actually impact the story in huge ways. At least I can't think of anything other than maybe Witcher 2's second act (Iorveth or Whoreson), but the ending doesn't really get impacted, unlike Alpha Protocol, where it's just fucking crazy how much stuff depends on what you've done or who you've met before
Gameplay is dull and mediocre though
>>
>>382772246
For $5.09, you will enjoy yourself unless you're anal about gameplay depth.
>>
The general consensus is that it's a poor quality game without any redeeming features. Obsidian fanboys however see it as some kind of masterpiece as usual. That shouldn't come as a surprise, that's just what dronish fans do.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.