[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BOTW has ruined all open world games like Witcher 3 and HZD for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: zelda.jpg (788KB, 1170x1903px) Image search: [Google]
zelda.jpg
788KB, 1170x1903px
BOTW has ruined all open world games like Witcher 3 and HZD for me.

Bought Horizon Zero Dawn during the E3 sale last week, and I've put maybe 15-20 hours into it. I finished BOTW then went back to HZD. I cant take it seriously after BOTW.

I am constantly jumping against random walls to try and climb them
I am constantly venturing into strange and difficult-to-access parts of the map and being disappointed when there's nothing there, not even a Korok Seed OR something to discover
I am also constantly marveling at how good the weather animation is in HZD, but keep expecting to be struck by lightning during every storm. I feel no fear or nothing wherever I am.

And when I go back to MGSV to try and finish it, or Blood and Wine, or Xenoblade Chronicles X... it's the same damned thing.
Breath of the Wild has really ruined open world games for me. Nintendo has set a brand new standard, and it is just too, too high.

Nintendo has literally set a new fuckin standard. Open world skyrim clones literally don't feel the same after this game, this game will be remembered 10 years down the line. Honestly, I'm left unsatisfied by how empty other games are. The focus on hyperinteractivity in the environment has changed open world forever.
>>
File: 1360440404730.jpg (58KB, 400x236px) Image search: [Google]
1360440404730.jpg
58KB, 400x236px
>>382763906
>>
Pasta. But Pasta Of Troof.
>>
>>382763989
>>382764060
>im smug that I go on 4chans /v/ so often I behave like a reddit faggot getting upset at reposts. Best downvote .
Ftfy
>>
File: 1395094219105.jpg (49KB, 470x747px) Image search: [Google]
1395094219105.jpg
49KB, 470x747px
>>382764246
>>
>>382764368
How crusty are your palms right now?
>>
personally i've never been able to play two open world games in the same year as each other in the first place
>>
Lmao why is it when these threads happen nobody ever talks about how they think the story and writing is superior to other open world games its always just the climbing mechanic
>>
>>382764938
Can you prove what you just wrote?
>>
>>382764938
This. I always like to play Tetris for the deeply nuance emotional story.
>>
>>382763906
I am a gigantic Zelda fan and lore-retard, with tattoos, but I have no idea how BotW could have spoiled the likes of Witcher 3.

Maybe you prefer more sandbox-y games? Less story, more freedom/repetitive but freeform content?

I genuinely consider BotW the most overrated Zelda game, despite it being near perfect, in my eyes. It's great, but nowhere near the quality of most high rated open world games of the last 5 years or so. Skyrim is trash but.
>>
>>382763906
Nice pasta
>>
>>382764938
Because the story in BotW is shit, especially when you compare it to something like W3.

Granted, that game has the backup of incredible source material, but the creative freedoms taken and cultivated in the Witcher franchise are insanely good. Zelda story hasn't ever been that great, outside of fan theory and untouched lore, but the peak of it (story alone) was Skyward Sword.

But even that pails in comparison to any of the Witcher games.
>>
>>382764938
That or muh physics which just basic shit that only gets praised because it's Zelda
>>
>>382764938
cause its a video game and not a movie so gameplay mechanics > Story??
>>
>Witcherfags
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.