[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so is crash really back ? n sane trilogy is success and activison

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 8

File: IconicCrash.jpg (30KB, 193x305px) Image search: [Google]
IconicCrash.jpg
30KB, 193x305px
so is crash really back ?

n sane trilogy is success and activison said that all of the passion for crash might led to something more (potentially new games or more remasters)

is he really back ?
>>
He is not back until we get the Mario kart killer remastered
>>
>>382755772
>this
>>
>>382755772
eh, to be honest i would much prefer if they made a new game using the same type of gameplay as twinsanity
>>
Crash Bandicoot? More like, TRASH bandicoot, haha
>>
>>382755821
>Mario Kart killer
>it didn't kill Mario Kart

?????
>>
Why do foreign retards space between question marks?
>>
>>382755772
>the dark souls of mario kart
>>
>>382755634
All love all the tears and rage this game is causing because it's not as easy as modern games.
>>
File: trilogy.png (18KB, 375x81px) Image search: [Google]
trilogy.png
18KB, 375x81px
>>382755634
Seems to be selling pretty well... I don't think I've ever seen a game sold out on Amazon.
>>
>>382755634
yes

hopefully spyro is next, especially now that skylanders is finally dead
>>
>>382755987
Why do Americans need simplified English? Why do they struggle so much with the metric system?
>>
>>382756107
No, the physics are inconsistent and terrible
>>
>>382755634
I hope this, psychonauts 2, and mario odyssey inspire more 3D platformers

>>382755772
literally only better than MK64 which is one of the worst MK games, it doesn't hold a candle to 8delux
>>
>>382756107
they thing that really activates my almonds is that this game is being received bad because it's to """""hard""""" for reviews, fuck them
>>
>>382756338
Why do retards come to an American site to bitch about Americans?
>>
>>382755848
>twinsanity
kys
>>
>>382756559
Cry me a river
>>
>>382756396
A 1999 game not better than 2017 games with much higher budget. I see lol Atleast we still have a story mode
>>
>>382756559
oh come on twinsanity was actually a good game

it had the basic platforming that crash needed and most of the puzzles to get gems were fun

with that i'm not saying that twinsanity is perfect it still have it's flaws (like when you were invicible with aku aku but the nitro could still kill you) but it's far from being bad
>>
>>382756730
>A 1999 game not better than 2017 games with much higher budget

what's this supposed to mean? There are plenty of games in 1999 that shit on 2017 games
>>
>>382756315
Spyro remasters would be fucking pointless and probably sell like shit. Spyro 2 and 3 didn't really get any better or add any new features. In fact, they got worse each time with more shitty side character levels and mini-games shoved in.
>>
>>382755772
This game is really good but also heavily overrated
>>
>>382756773
Aku-Aku invincibility being borderline worthless was the only way they could have tnt and nitro crates in puzzles and not have them ultra-cheesed.
>>
File: TFW your wife wants a divorce.png (144KB, 201x269px) Image search: [Google]
TFW your wife wants a divorce.png
144KB, 201x269px
>>382756559
>twinsanity
>bad
>>
>>382756520
What site is that buddy?
>>
Well the N. Sane Trilogy sold incredibly well, so Sony will most likely get Vicarious Visions to make another one.
>>
>>382756338

Why do non-Americans need some simplified trash like the metric system? Can their pea brains not recall anything not divisible by ten?
>>
>>382757185
so are we going to get a new game like warped or a new experience ?
>>
>>382757185
>Well the N. Sane Trilogy sold incredibly well

Source? Don't tell me it's just "topped the UK charts in its first week."
>>
>>382757271
Who knows at this point. Probably something similar to the old games, but hopefully not Wrath of Cortex again.
>>
>>382757241
>Complaining about the metric system

It's just more intuitive.
>>
File: spyro.jpg (79KB, 663x650px) Image search: [Google]
spyro.jpg
79KB, 663x650px
I'm excited for potentially more Crash games, but I really want the Spyro trilogy to be remastered too.
>>
>>382757413
>Spyro gets remastered
>Uses his Skylanders' model and voice
How mad would you be?
>>
>>382757148
Your mom's camsite.
>>
>>382755973
It will once it gets remastered and exposes more people to its brilliance.
>>
>>382755848
I want Twinsanity remade with all the cut content put back in
>>
>>382757413
I want you to name a single good thing Spyro has done since Year of the Dragon.

The gameboy platformers were pretty shit. Enter the Dragonfly and A Heroes Tale were not very good. I only played one of the reboot series but it was super linear and the mechanics were all sorts of different.

And then there is Skylanders, which in some sort of sick twist of fate, is the best of the new Spyro games, but isn't even a real Spyro game and requires a sizeable investment in figures.And Spyro looks retarded.

Nothing about a Spyro remaster would end well.
>>
>>382757350
wrath of cortex was a clusterfuck

>the loading screens were too much because the game was running on a CD instead of a DVD
>the levels were open but mostly empty
>both crash and the boxes had an annoyng "gummy effect" instead of a more elastic one like in warped
>easy as fuck
>camera problems

warth of crotex was a failed game that tried to replicate warped
>>
>!00%ed Crash 1 last night, only had four relics at the end. (2 sapphire, 1 gold, 1 plat. Of course the non sapphires were the hog levels)
>Decided to wait until I finished crash 3 for the running shoes.
>Start Crash 2 last night
>play for a couple hours
>Look it up two hours ago.
>No running shoes for the first game.
>Need all golds at least to complete the stupid trophies.
>Can barely get gold or can't even get gold in each level so far.
>still only on first island.

Welp.
I don't think I'll have the patience for this, but it's Crash, so maybe I will, because I love Crash.
>>
>>382757705
It was basically just Traveler's Tales remaking Warped with a couple of their own ideas mixed in. I didn't like how "plastic" everything felt.
>>
>>382757631
But we're not talking about Spyro since Year of the Dragon. We're talking about the original Spyro trilogy which are very good games.
>>
>>382757871
Then play the originals. They aren't going to just port the games to PS4 with shiny new graphics. They will fuck SOMETHING up. Art style maybe, possibly the voice acting. Worse case the gameplay. They decide that open none linear levels are too difficult and fuck your shit
>>
Crash keeps randomly stopping while I'm running.
WTF?
It's killing my time trials, and it makes the chase levels an actual pain in the ass for the first time. (I love the chase levels in the originals)

I just tried a time trial for Boulders, and I actually died from the boulder catching up to me because crash keeps fucking stopping. Don't think it's the controller. I've played on two different ones.

Is this happening to anyone else?
>>
>>382757859
Wasn't Traveller's Tales the same developer who made the Lego games since Lego Star Wars?
>>
>>382758090
Nevermind. I did try with both controllers and it kept happening, but I guess only with one of them.
Just tried the other one and no problems.

Great. I'm down to one competent controller from 3 in about two months time.
(spilled water on the first one)
This one is the Uncharted controller too.
Lame.
>>
Don't worry, we'll get a new game and it'll be garbage Sonic-tier and people will go back to not caring about Crash outside nostalgia.
>>
i was going to get this because i'm a shameless nostalgiafag, but i read a bunch of reviews saying that the game has a bunch of real fucking annoying glitches in it.

is it playable for someone who played/enjoyed the original games?
>>
SPYRO
P
Y
R
O
>>
>>382758640
source: my ass
>>
>>382758705
I didn't see any glitches
>>
Ootabaga. WHOA.
>>
>>382756898
Imagine having a taste this bad
>>
>>382756082
>>
>>382755772
>mario kart killer
Yeah, I was really happy that mario kart never got another game, and now the crash racing series only get better with every entry, can't wait for CTR 8. Oh wait.
>>
>>382757631
Except the GBA games (Season of Ice in particular) were good you flaming homosexual. They actually managed to capture the series spirit very well despite the hardware limitations, unlike shit like Hero's Tail which was some completely unrelated platformer with Spyro's skin.
>>
File: Dr_cortex_figure.png (186KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Dr_cortex_figure.png
186KB, 480x480px
Vicarious Visions had some of the characters like Crash, Dingodile, and Uka Uka looking pretty great.
But others, like Cortex, look like fucking shit. He should look more like this, but with slumped posture and severe forwardhead.
>>
>>382757631
I want you to name a single good thing Crash has done since Warped.

The gameboy platformers were pretty shit. Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity were not very good. I only played one of the titan series but it was super linear and the mechanics were all sorts of different.

Nothing about a Crash remaster would end well.
>>
>>382760054
Crash Team Racing.
>>
>>382758176
They also were the devs behind Sonic 3D Blast
>>
>>382759929
Twinsanity Cortex will forever be my favorite Cortex.
>>
>>382760741
Surprised to see me Crash?
>>
>>382760880
It's true!
Blondes do have more fun!
>>
>>382756310
I had to wait a while to get The Last Guardian when I ordered a couple of days after it came out.
>>
>>382760945
Did Twinsanity steal jokes form Dexter's Laboratory? Never played it.
>>
>>382760675
I actually liked 3D blast. Not nearly as much as S3&K or Sonic 2, but I enjoyed it. Then again, that was back when you'd only have a few games on your system, so you kinda liked every game. I think it was my second last Genesis game behind NHL 98.
I did get more later on in life off of ebay, but that doesn't count
>>
>>382758552
Sony quality check anon
I have 2 of them,both with the left stick broken
>>
>>382761025
Best joke in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNR0LiigYhQ
>>
>>382761309
My original NES and Genesis controllers still work for fuck sakes.
Nothing since has worked for years except my Wii controllers. But that's only...
wait
ten years already?
Fuck.
Well my white PS3 controller from 2010 still works, and I still use it. And my second original PS2 controller still works since 2003 when the insurance company replaced my stolen PS2 and games. But still, that's a ten year difference from the Genesis controllers, and thirteen years difference from the NES ones.
>>
>>382757027

Who is that?
>>
>just now
>playing Bear Down for the first time.
>restarting at a checkpoint
>Crash just falls in the snow while polar goes ahead, doing what I'm pressing
>camera stays on crash
>Polar runs into statue.

The bugs in this game are starting to piss me off, but this one made me laugh
>>
>>382757475
I wouldn't buy it and ask of everyone else to do the same until they fix it.
>>
Cortex Strikes Back = Warped > Crash Bandicoot > Twinsanity > Crash of the Titans > Wrath of Cortex > the rest
>>
>>382755772
They have to get the online MP right though
>>
>>382761764
Krispen Bwa
>>
File: 1498957999654.png (227KB, 360x359px) Image search: [Google]
1498957999654.png
227KB, 360x359px
>>382762143
>Cortex Strikes Back = Warped
>>
>>382755772
CTR wasn't that good. I'd prefer another platform Crash game.
>>
I hope not, theyre just gonna run it into the ground and kill it again
>>
>playing Crash for the first time
>having loads of fun
>Hog Wild drains every single one of my lives because of that fucked up spitroast jump
>>
>>382763372
the fuck? That's one of the easiest levels in the game
>>
>>382757475
His voice in Skylanders is OK.
>>
Thing about another platform crash game being made is that this has been done before: wrath of cortex

the game follows the same premise to that of crash 1, 2 and 3, and I can't for the life of me point out what was wrong with that game, yet it failed to become the "crash 4" game, it's just another one of those ps2 crash's that nobody knows or remembers
>>
>>382764307
to add to my post, the company's best choice right now is to drop crash and remaster the 3 spyro games
>>
>>382755973
Yea, it wasn't rehashed 20 times sadly
>>
>>382764307
Because of numerous reasons
>Controls felt like a step back after 2 and Warped
>Artstyle and graphics are horrendous
>Boss fights are boring and against the same boss with different attacks
>Even managed to surpass Warped in non-platforming levels
>L O A D I N G
>Time trials are waaaaayyy too easy
>Actually, the whole game is like that
>Coco is a neutered crash in gameplay

At least the music was nice.
>>
>>382764307
When I was a kid, the only Crash game I ever had was Wrath of Cortex on GameCube. I really liked it.
>>
>Un-Bearable
>one of my favourite levels
>Keep dying at the part where you spin the gate then slide
>slide never works. you have to wait until the spin is done

Shit like this is going to take a while to get used to.
>>
>>382764554
>>Controls felt like a step back after 2 and Warped
>>Artstyle and graphics are horrendous
>>L O A D I N G
>>Coco is a neutered crash in gameplay
All these apply to the N. Sane Trilogy.
>>
>>382755634
>playing games from an era of live systems, blunder years graphics, poor self awareness, and toxic masculinity

Uh, no
>>
>>382764730
Controls feel like 2 and Warped's though. Crash 1 is different but it needed that tune up.

Art style can be lacking in some areas but most of the time, it is pretty good.

Load times in WoC can be up to 45 seconds. Most I had to wait in N.Sane was 20 secs tops.

Coco plays exactly like Crash in N.Sane. In WoC, she doesn't even have a fucking slide, let alone the power ups.
>>
>>382764307
>I can't for the life of me point out what was wrong with that game

>awful loading times (like a whole minute to load a level)
>Too many gimmick levels which weren't even fun to play apart from the monkey ball ripoff
>The only bosses you fight are edge bandicoot with a different magic mask - classic bosses are relegated to throwing shit at you in the monkey ball levels

the levels that are basically 'a crash bandicoot level' like the medieval ones are actually pretty good. It's just they account for less than half of the levels in the game
>>
>>382755634
I like the remakes a lot but they need to fix the fucking delay on crouching in crash 2 and 3.
>>
wtf is with the depth perception in the forward and backward levels?
I keep dying running into the electric fields in Unbearable, I just died 20 times to UnBearable. I haven't died that many times in the last ten years playing that level, and I play the series twice a year. Every forward level I keep running into enemies. Is the camera angle a bit fucked?
I just played through the series two weeks ago, and had absolutely none of these problems.
>>
>>382759518
Not him but Insomniac peaked with Ratchet & Clank 2, Naught Dog peaked with Jak & Daxter.
>>
>>382763969
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkaNVWGu_dw
>>
>>382758705
I've been alternating between original/prototype/remaster the past couple of days. The first game has extra difficulty because the jump arc is smaller. The other two are fine. How you interpret the first game will depend on your patience for jumps that you would have made in the original but not in the remake.
>>
>>382765204
>finally beat the level with two lives left after starting with 28
>36/38
Well at least I made it to the secret level
>>
>>382765645
[spoiler[You know the part with the Aku Aku mask box and the jumping box? There are 2 hidden lives boxes on that platform.[/spoiler]
>>
>>382760054
>The gameboy platformers were pretty shit
Well that's just untrue.
>>
I was in Best Buy and I heard some kids talking about it. Might still be some life in Crash.
>>
>>382758705
I haven't encountered a single glitch in the game so far, at least nothing noticable or intrusive.
>>
>>382766367
theres a few graphical ones, mostly Aku Aku clipping into walls which IIRC didn't happen in the originals
>>
>>382755634
no they just remade the old games. we don't know if the original team has still got it until they make a new one.
>>
Why do you care so much whether he's black or not?
>>
>>382755772
You think they'll be able to perfectly recreate the gameplay and feel of the game? CTR's too good to be handled by a random team and expect good results
>>
>>382767695
They can't even create proper jump physics and turtle physics. how the fuck can they create the perfect controls and perfect everything of CTR? Won't happen. It'd probably be as shitty as CNK
>>
>>382759518
You dont't have to imagine.
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.