[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this garbage ever stop forcing you to grind just to progress?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Dark_cloud_2_us_front.jpg (141KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_cloud_2_us_front.jpg
141KB, 640x908px
Does this garbage ever stop forcing you to grind just to progress? I don't feel like spending 2 hours grinding Monica's weapons up just so she can progress through a single floor that I'm required to use only her for. I don't remember the first game ever being this much of a slog.
>>
yor supposed to balance your play time with the both of them so they both are around the same strength

also git gud
>>
>>382748087
Okay because that's what I've been doing but she still can't put a dent in massive golems I should be using the ridepod for. This game is just shit.
>>
I remember Monica being way better than Max though. Do you realize you can just infinitely combo enemies with her by cancelling animations by tapping guard?

Also spheda is shit.
>>
File: grab 1.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
grab 1.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
git proficient
>>
>using Max instead of Monica
You dumb cunt, on the levels where you're forced to play Max you can just use the Ridepod. This is why just putting all your time into Monica is more useful.
>>
>>382747482
Weapons don't even break in this one, do they (at least not in the gone forever sense)?
>>
>>382747482
>He doesnt know about canceling.
>He doesnt know about Monicas invincibilty frames.
>>
Also just get a bunch of those strong bombs from that guy.
>>
>>382747482
>grinding

the fuck are you doing

like, actually how fucking bad are you at video games when you need to grind in this game?
>>
>>382748225
>but she still can't put a dent in massive golems I should be using the ridepod for
Well there's your problem.

By the way, if you really think one character needs exp over the other, just kill shit with the ridepod then switch to the preferred character so their weapons get the ABS, or use items. That simple.

>>382749131
I'd say you're wrong about spheda, but you're really not. Some maps are just downright irritating.
>>
>>382747482
You're meant to level their shit equally, you don't even have to level the Ridepod if you really don't want to from what I remember.

>>382748225
You're meant to rely on her magic for things you can't kill with swords. The game isn't shit, you're just an idiot. This is easily one of the top 5 best PS2 games, and nothing about it is "too grindy" or a "slog" except maybe the golfing. Fucking Spheda.
>>
>>382749131
I thought Spheda was okay, even with the shit with the fucking sewer maps or having to hit that ball across cliffs without making it fall.
>>
>he thought Monicas monster transformation was bad
You guys clearly didn't get the broken monsters.
>>
File: 1497733669985.png (10KB, 203x25px) Image search: [Google]
1497733669985.png
10KB, 203x25px
>>382752307
Yeah, after 50 hours of slogging through absolute shit grinding on the weak monsters. The problem wasn't the end result, it was the barrier to entry compared to the Ridepod.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.