[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions /v/? I know what I'm getting into with Virginia,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: cart.jpg (505KB, 633x1479px) Image search: [Google]
cart.jpg
505KB, 633x1479px
Opinions /v/?
I know what I'm getting into with Virginia,
I'm gonna buy it even though barely anyone on /v/ likes it.
>>
>>382734791
I have played none of those, so I can't give input.
>>
>>382736824
Thanks for the bump, I guess.
>>
>>382734791
Ziggurat costs less but know that Immortal redneck is a 100x better game.
>>
>>382739367
>17.59 canadian bucks
At that price, I won't be buying it soon, but I'll keep it in mind, thanks for the suggestion, anon.
>>
>>382734791
ziggurat is very good
but
>life is strange
do you want to be annoyed and cringe every 20 seconds? if so go on buy it
>>
>>382741203
I was on the fence with it for a good long while, but I've heard good things about it. Mostly that the general dramatic arc is worth it even though the moment to moment writing is kind of lacking. I might just be able to get over all of that HELLA shit.
>>
How many of those will you actually play
>>
>>382742115
its really not the story is HELLA dumb, nothing you do matters, and if your brain is on you'll see how unoriginal and low effort the writing is
its really not worth getting, but whatever, try it if u want
>>
>>382742301
This.

I'm gonna guess not many.
>>
>>382742301
>>382742639
Yeah, that's the question that always makes me cut down on the number of games that I buy. Right now, I anticipate playing at least 3/4 of the games on that list in the next few months. If I remove the games that I'm on the fence about, I still save only 5 or 6 dollars. Although, the only reason that Pharaoh Rebirth is on there i because of the constant recommendations on /v/ everytime it's mentioned.

>>382742502
I can get over "the choices don't matter" stuff if it's involving. I like season 1 of The Walking Dead Tell Tale games. But, I'm interested in knowing what you consider low effort writing.
>>
>>382742936
the characters are generic and bland, none of them have real motivation, i wont spoil the end, and the main bad guy, but his motivation was so retarded i had to quit the game for an hour
i really tried to like this, but they never explain t o you how you got the powers, and later on theres a theory how to "fix" things which is beyond retarded
i really hate this game because its a good concept, but thats all that it is
also, again wont spoil, but the choices LITERALLY dont matter
fuck i cant rant about this piece of shit for hours
>>
>>382742936
cant really explain to you why the game is bad without spoiling it, and you better leave the thread because some dick here will
try it out if you are that curious, just prepare to feel regret you spent money on it
>>
>>382743191
>>382743318
Ok, thanks anons, I'll keep all that in mind when it comes down to the wire. Does the game have any kind of redeeming qualities?

Also, I dropped Shadowcrypt and Enyo Arcade because I might just never play them.
>>
>>382744119
im the same guy, just posted twice
yes the soundtrack and thats about it
also the girls are cute if youre into that
>>
File: dog4.png (509KB, 597x741px) Image search: [Google]
dog4.png
509KB, 597x741px
>>382734791
i'm tempted to say not to buy Everything after watching a friend play through it via skype.
it's amusing with a friend so that you can each comment on the weird shit it throws at you, but i think if you're just playing it alone you might not get much mileage out of it.
of course if you're really into things like this you will enjoy it, it's basically a randomly-generated spore with the non-puzzle elements of antichamber added in to make it more philosophical.

ziggurat is also enjoyable, but since it's a randomly-generated roguelite you can only enjoy it so much without any sense of exploration short of just seeing what's in the rooms towards the 'goal' point. fun shooter, simple mechanics, enjoyable for as long as you can repeat it.
>>
>>382744402
I have a few friends that have already played through Everything, so I'm guessing I can have cool discussions with them about it afterwards. I'm kind of into these types of non-games once in a while.

There's been a good buzz about Ziggurat for a while, not many anons have played it, but those who have almost always recommend it. In any case I really like a good, well made rogue-lite. I've been playing Spelunky almost daily for the better part of a decade.

Thank you for your thoughtful response
>>
>>382745696
youre welcome op, nice thread
>>
File: 1467775844297.jpg (18KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1467775844297.jpg
18KB, 251x251px
>>382748639
>>
Only get Rivals of Aether if you have a GC controller adapter and understand tech skill or you have a friend who also owns the game. It's a cool game, but you will not enjoy the online without some basic prior knowledge.
>>
Xeodrifter is very boring if you have spent any time playing other platformers.
>>
>>382734791
LEAVES NEED TO LEAVE

Do you really need to buy all that?
I can definitely vouch for a few of those, like DeadCore and Pharaoh Rebirth, but it seems like a bit much. Everything, in particular, is pretty barebones, more of a meditative experience that's sometimes kinda funny rather than something you "play," as such.
>>
>>382750941
What kind of tech? It looked kinda like a Smash Bros game that I could play when some of my friends are around. I mean, does it have animation canceling and frame perfect paries?

>>382751129
Cool, I'll take a closer look at it before pulling the trigger.

>>382751132
>Do you really need to buy all that?
I guess not, I already dropped Shadowcrypt and Enyo Arcade. On the fence about Silence of The Sleep and Timeframe right now. most other purchases are thought out. I don't mind "non-games" and I know a few of my friends who recommend Everything greatly.

I'm only buying Deadcore because the dev once sent a group I was in a bunch of keys and I used some of them on Desura. Game looks cool so I want them to get a few bucks.
>>
>>382751973
It does have shit similar to parries, but it also has wavedashing and expects you to just have a pretty good grasp on the base fundamentals/flow of Melee to be able to play with the other folk online. If you are playing with yourself or a bro it won't matter.
>>
>>382752454
So, it's really a game built for the hardcore melee players? Built around the fundamentals of tournament play?
>>
>>382752685
Correct. Watch some videos and judge for yourself.
>>
>>382752794
Cool, I don't really know anything about high tier melee play, but it sounds interesting enough. I'll be checking deeper into it before pulling the trigger, like watching a few videos just as you suggested. In any case, I'll probably only be playing with my bros. Unless I get the bite.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.