[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever had one of these pieces of shit just up and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

File: 0009785506695_500X500.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0009785506695_500X500.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
Anyone ever had one of these pieces of shit just up and stop working on them?
>>
>>382727845
I know you got this as a gift from a well-meaning, but tech-illiterate relative and you feel like you need to use it. Good on you, but you're better off trashing it.
>>
>>382728121

I bought it because it was cheap and my ThinkPad is only powerful enough to run N64 or lower emulators anyhow.

I don't know how to describe what's going on with it other than that it just flat out quit. Computer won't recognize it's in a USB slot no matter which one I use.
>>
File: emoji'd.jpg (62KB, 581x532px) Image search: [Google]
emoji'd.jpg
62KB, 581x532px
>>382728308
oh
well then, you're just retarded
>>
I have one of these and I dropped it like 2 feet ONCE and one of the triggers actually broke forever.
>>
>>382727845
The Rumblepad 2 one which stopped working after more than a decade of being constantly dropped. Wish I took better care of it because apparently, it was made out of nintendium.
>>
File: nice.gif (3MB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
nice.gif
3MB, 420x300px
>>382727845
I've had mine for 5 years and take it with me traveling in a very stuffed backpack. Have never had any problems.
>>
>>382727845
Yes, I just replaced it with another cheap xbox controler and had to get it replaced about a week later.
>>
>>382728308
>>382727845
Yeah. Bite the bullet and buy a real PS4/Xbone controller.

>>382729371
Outliers like you exist. I have an original N64 controller that still worked great after years of playing Paper Mario and Banjo Tooie, I only found out once I got online that I'm apparently Jesus
>>
Shit build quality. The switches for the shoulder buttons are held together with tiny plastic pegs that break off with little use.
>>
>>382727845
while I like the dpad and used it for fighting games, the trigger hurts my fingers.
And the wires gave up on me and now i been using ds4 for years with no worries, and even if the usb cable fails you can replace them for cheap.
>>
Can't complain about mine. Holds great, even that time I speedran Bayonetta
>>
File: _6211029.jpg (52KB, 495x636px) Image search: [Google]
_6211029.jpg
52KB, 495x636px
>Xbox 360 USB controller
>feels great and sturdy in the hand
>good buttons
>good joysticks
>good triggers
>used regularly for 10+ years no signs of wear whatsoever

>D-pad is fucking horrible
>>
File: S360MADE002_l.jpg (44KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
S360MADE002_l.jpg
44KB, 480x480px
I've got a shitty F310 and a couple of xbone controllers but I tend to use this one. Feels good in the hand.
>>
>>382729439
This. The Xbone controller is one of the nicest I've ever used
I think the new revision can be connected over bluetooth
>>
>>382729980
Xbone controller has a nice dpad
>>
I wish there were more controller with a Dinput/Xinput switch like these. Some older games just refuse to work with the analog triggers on 360 controllers.
>>
>>382730353
Those pointed tips make me uneasy
>>
>>382727845
Shitty dpad and analog sticks, the dpads are really bad that I died like 40 times at the first two stages of metal slug 4. Analog sticks are so tough that it trains your thumbs able rub off anything including your girlfriend's nipple. Trigger bumper trains you to finger the toughest female gorilla or donkey. Action buttons fucks up pretty fast and goes soft after nearly a year of use.

But the fucker is tough tho, dropped it time to time and it still works. Sometimes the drop fixes stuff, well mostly. Thinking of getting a DS4 for my pc use cuz i liked the DS3.
>>
File: 1370809244300.jpg (25KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1370809244300.jpg
25KB, 500x500px
>>382727845
this version for the PS2 was so fucking good though. mine still works
>>
Unless they've inmproved in the last 10 years or so...

If it's from Logitech and it's not a mouse or a keyboard (or a driving wheel?), it's shit and has a better alternative.
>>
Its an okay controller only bad thing is dpad, only get it if its cheap, don't pay more than $19 for it. Definitely consider another controller tho, save your money.
>>
>>382730727
Think of it as manhandling a 12 year old's torpedo tits.
>>
File: 448189_gen_b.png (38KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
448189_gen_b.png
38KB, 270x270px
Just got this.
>>
>>382727845
My F310 is still kicking after at least a few years. It's Logitech and fairly decent, my biggest complaints include that the grips are too short for my hands and the D-pad sucks. It's relatively inexpensive though

>>382729439
>I have an original N64 controller that still worked great after years of playing Paper Mario and Banjo Tooie, I only found out once I got online that I'm apparently Jesus

if it still worked great after years of playing Mario Party then it was truly blessed by a higher power
>>
>>382732785
im so sorry
>>
I had that exact same controller and getting it to work well in games was such a bitch because the thumbsticks were shit and looking around was so jerky. i use a 360 controller now for games that don't work well with kb+m and it's perfect
>>
>>382732785
I too like to just burn wads of cash I worked hard to earn.
>>
>>382727845

Had mine for like 5 something years, still works fine, never understood the hate
>>
>>382727845
I went though like 4 of them in a span of 2 years playing DFO.
>>
>>382732975
Yeah I heard Mario Party was the Game of Murder but I never owned it, I used the two comparisons I did because Paper Mario and Banjo Tooie both involved a fair amount of controller abuse too
>>
i had one that stopped working because the usb cord lost its connection inside the controller
>>
Mine dont even has a brand, it just says Powerpad II. Its two joystick conected to one usb and worked fine for years but now one of the joystick has the left analog fucked and the other one's L2 button stopped working. May be time for retirement
>>
File: 1495071050894.jpg (55KB, 716x520px) Image search: [Google]
1495071050894.jpg
55KB, 716x520px
>>382734096
Mario Party has several games where you are supposed to basically rotate the analog stick around in a direction as fast as you can. This damaged the controller obviously but your hand too...everyone figured out that the best result was laying your palm on the controller and just rotating your hand. Nintendo actually had a thing where they would give free gloves by mail order with proof of purchase (just a generic work glove, not a Mario glove) because the thing would hurt your palm.

t. someone whose palm was wounded during Mario Party games
>>
>>382727845
I agree remember to buy the xbox one pro controller only 149.99
>>
Yes, the wires fucked up but the controller works. So, classic wire controller problem. Maybe I should get the wireless one next time.
>>
I just use a Dualshock 4 for most PC games, and used a Dualshock 3 before I had a PS4

I had almost that same Logitech gamepad and I could never go back to using it now
>>
>>382735450
Enjoy your 50% chance of getting constant dropouts.
>>
>>382727845
I've had an older model just shit up and have half of the buttons and analogs not work. Just use a real console controller.
>>
>>382728569
YEAH HE'S SUCH AN EFFIN RETARD FOR BUYING A CONTROLLER EXPECTING IT TO WORK NOT HAVING AN ENCYCLOPEDIC KNOWLEDGE OF EVERY LITTLE EFFIN THING IN THE UNIVERSE GOD WHAT A EFFIN IDIOT AM I RIGHT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HE'S JUST SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STUPID LMAO DUM DUM XD SUCH A POOPY FACE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
>>
>>382727845
I bought one of these, huge mistake. I have no understanding of how the drivers work, but this isn't recognized as an Xbox controller for some reason even though it's clearly designed as one. It's just registered as a regular USB controller. Because of that, using it is a tremendous hassle because some games just fuck up when you try to use it. For example, Arkham Asylum had a reversed control scheme where X was Y and A was B and a bunch of other shit wrong.

Total waste, you can get a used 360 controller and it'd be better in every way.
>>
>>382736391
Who the fuck doesn't know third party controllers not made by Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo are absolutely fucking garbage?
Seriously. You learn that the moment your parents get you a shitty madcatz for your PS1.
If you think a logitech is going to be any better do the world a favour and kill yourself nigger.
>>
File: the blade.jpg (257KB, 800x1199px) Image search: [Google]
the blade.jpg
257KB, 800x1199px
>>382736609
>and kill yourself nigger.
You just made a powerful enemy today.
>>
>>382736609
This is epic
you rekt him
fuck
>>
>>382736609
>You learn that the moment your parents get you a shitty madcatz for your PS1
I know this will sound impossible.
Some people never got videogames from their parents. Some others simply never had money until now. Some live in third world countries where original controls are expensive as fuck. Obviously I'm all of them.
>>
>>382736841
I'm sorry you were born brown, but I'm talking about us normal people.
>>
>>382727845
I've had three, and all lasted a long time. The dpad on the first two died due to playing Souls, and the third just outright died, but it only happened after literal years of use
My one criticism is the shitty trigger buttons, they're never comfortable to use. For a cheap option they're pretty good
>>
>>382736927
You really destroyed me. How will I ever recover.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.