[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do modern kids like lets plays so much? Isn't actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (991KB, 1384x640px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
991KB, 1384x640px
Why do modern kids like lets plays so much?

Isn't actually playing the game more fun?
>>
Big brother/friend simulator for latch-key kids. Wish I had the same when I was their age.
>>
friend simulator

see: erp threads, blog threads, /vg/
>>
Perhaps it's a bit like windowshopping. Watching a let's play gives them a small, but fine taste of the actual game. If it looks fun, they'll bug their parents to buy it for them.
>>
>>382725191
Why do boring old farts watch sports and highlight replays?

Isn't actually playing the game more fun?
>>
>>382726082
this is a bad analogy and you know it
>>
>>382726082

retarded comparison.
I watch sports because I want to see athletes compete at the highest level, something I can and will never achieve, even with extensive training you have to be a genetic freak to actually make it through the olympics or some shit.

Let's players are generic dudes that mostly play like shit, and even if they're good, they're not olympic-athlete good
>>
>>382726378
what about world championships?
there are a lot of campionships of games... it is nice to watch
>>
>>382725191
I liked watching people play games 20 years ago. Fuck off.
>>
>>382725361
>>382725446
This is the right answer, specially nowadays where people are not as communal as they used to be thanks to technology and things like parents becoming a bunch of oversensitive fucks.

Like, I remember being able to go out and go to play with the neighbors kids, hang out somewhere. Modern days kids rarely do so or they do it on each other's houses.
>>
>>382726123
Go on and tell us how.
>>382726378
>nobody watches amateur sports: the post
Fucking retard.
>>
>>382725191
parents use them as babysitters
>>
>>382725361
I think this is fairly accurate. At the very least it explains a heavy portion of it.
>>
>>382726537

that's totally ok and entirely different to let's plays.

>>382726702

amateur sports are guys that could actually achieve world-class level, you retard.
Are let's players the best amateur gamers in the world? Hell no.
>>
>>382726667
Great. Can't wait to work until I'm 75 to make up from the massive wave of unemployment coming up due to most children never learning social skills.
>>
>>382726702
"amateur" sports are still skilled athletes you dumbass

do you watch people's random home videos of them playing basketball in their driveway?
>>
>>382726842
oh.. ok
ah... then watching lets plays is like watching a guy playing football in the park
>>
>>382727009

pretty much, yeah.
>>
Why do people love let's plays more than walkthroughs?

Walkthroughs actually give you the sound of the game and the atmosphere instead of some autist trying to be funny every 30 seconds
>>
>>382727256
Your best guess is good enough.
>>
Some people enjoy it for the comedy inserted in it, others enjoy it because it makes them feel like they're hanging out with friends. I'm not gonna lie I've looked up a couple of lets plays in games that had crazy twists or insane things happen in them just to see if other people reacted the same way that I did, I don't know if it's common or if I'm just a weird faggot.
>>
>>382727256
You ever been stuck on a part in a game, and you look up a walthrough and there's only one and it's written by a guy that barely speaks English, and what they've typed makes absolutely no god damned sense or is extremely vague? That's when videos come in handy.
>>
>>382727713

No, because I know how to operate a search-machine called "Google"
>>
File: Comfy_guy.jpg (53KB, 197x190px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy_guy.jpg
53KB, 197x190px
>the only lets plays i ever enjoy are jongrumps
>occasionally find a series i haven't watched yet
>comfy af
>>
>>382726842
>amateur sports are guys that could actually achieve world-class level
Anyone can with enough dedication. The fact is amateur and little leagues are the people who haven't yet. Yet they still get watched.
>>382726949
The real issue here is treating video games as though they're fully comparable to multiplayer sports. There's a fucking reason there are no Let's Plays of Halo 3 multiplayer.

Let's Plays are a surrogate for the natural way in which multiplayer activities bring about community interaction. And that's ignoring them as an archival tool.

Also, most single player games statistically only see about 10-20% of their player base actually beat them. So if you really wanna argue the case for elites, complete LPs qualify.
>>
>>382728113
well, I mean I do too, but there's some games that are just so obscure it's impossible to find any information on them.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.