[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

His companies died, his dream games failed, /v/ made him cry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 24

File: smiling inafune.jpg (171KB, 400x403px) Image search: [Google]
smiling inafune.jpg
171KB, 400x403px
His companies died, his dream games failed, /v/ made him cry like an anime fan on prom night during his livestream, and everything collapsed around him. The only thing that saved him is the pity of an old friend who threw him a life preserver. Now he's a middle manager making mobile games forever.

Do you feel sorry for Cagey Inafune?
>>
No. I feel more sorry for all the Capcom arcade developers who became masters of their craft but then left and faded away because they had basically become obsolete.
>>
>>382719280
inb4 he corrupts Level-5 and they start outsourcing all of their games
>>
>>382719280
No, fuck him
>JAPANESE GAMES ARE STUPID, WESTERN GAMES ARE THE FUTURE
>causes capcom to pander their hardest towards westernfags
>jap games make a comeback shortly after he JUSTs his career
Fag got what he deserved
>>
File: full.jpg (2MB, 2000x2800px) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
2MB, 2000x2800px
Deja vu part 3.

Give the ownership of Call E back to Hideki Ishikawa and maybe I'll forgive him.
>>
>>382720089

You're forgetting:

>JAPANESE GAMES ARE STUPID, WESTERN GAMES ARE THE FUTURE
>Proceeds to make copy mega Man, and Mega Man legends, two Japanese games
>>
>/v/ made him cry like an anime fan on prom night during his livestream
wait, really?
>>
>>382719636
Actually I just remembered that one of them ended up leaving with Inafune to work on this crap. Go from working on Street Fighter and Darkstalkers to Mighty No. 9. Talk about being washed up.
>>
>>382719280

It's his fault for not bringing in indie 2d art talent instead of these dime a dozen fucking Unity talentless hacks. Unity a shit, 3d a shit. I would take pixelshit anyday than that fugly unity garbo.
>>
>>382721083
He had one of the spriters from Capcom's fighting game days on his staff but had him only doing design work.
>>
File: o0400046713678486511[1].jpg (59KB, 400x467px) Image search: [Google]
o0400046713678486511[1].jpg
59KB, 400x467px
>>382720917

/v/ and annoyed fans invaded the official livestream, which was broadcast to all Comcept employees in the other offices. The chat was wall to wall hate, as it was the peak backlash against MN9. The entire livestream was the team dancing around and avoiding how bad the game looked.

The chat mod tried their best to ban people, but it was merciless and endless. Ben Judd made reference to the chat being a little "rowdy" and asked people to calm down. People were calling him a "Con Man", "just a businessman", saying "Kamiya was right" riffing on the "Anime fan on Prom night", saying that "Akira Kitamura has more talent in his left thumb than Inafune has in his entire body". Others transliterated "Con Man" to Japanese.

Inafune does not speak English, but both he and Judd made reference to the chat, so someone must have told him. The Comcept employees seemed blissfully unaware that the chat was shitting on them.

Then Inafune got on, looking like he's about to cry, apologized for the game and said it's okay to hate him. At the time, Ben Judd's idiotic "It's better than nothing" comment took more attention, and I sorta glossed over Inafune's. But really, a dev outright apologizing for a game is unheard of. He probably went home and cried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkidg3Kxx_A
>>
>>382720917
If so I'll probably start browsing Leddit. If /v/ wants to be /b/2.0 so badly and fuck with people who actually made good shit in the past, then I'll have lost all regard for the culture and opinions.
I'd rather be somewhere where fags circlejerk all day long about social issues than somewhere where fags talk shit to the nigga who introduced me to good videogames.
>>
>>382721083

Inti-Creates are 2D art talents, but when they work in 3D they become "unity talentless hacks".
>>
>no new Soul Sacrifice ever
If we could just get a new one on PS4, all would be forgiven.
>>
File: 009097.jpg (101KB, 814x1280px) Image search: [Google]
009097.jpg
101KB, 814x1280px
>>382719280
i wanted Kaio to come out, fucking inafume
>>
One hit wonder of gaming got those types in every industry
>>
File: concerns.png (79KB, 457x472px) Image search: [Google]
concerns.png
79KB, 457x472px
>>382720618
>Goth
>>
>>382719280
That's ok, he'll always have his niece save him at his own amusement park in her mobile game
>>
>>382721734
Is there any link to the stream?
>>
>>382724613
i'm sure they just didn't want to have to say "loli" or "lolita"
>>
>>382719280
Recore is honestly one of the most boring games I've ever played. Borderlands 1 does the "Dust Bowl Wasteland Planet" aesthetic a lot better.
>>
>>382719823
Level 5 is already trash anyway
>>
>>382725089
It was taken down

>>382721734
Honestly that stream was really brutal, I just wonder what it would be like working at Comcept and wondering "Why is our boss appologizing for the game, why doesnt he seem proud"? I guess he's taking the Con-man comments seriously since it seems like he's finally going to address backer rewards but he has a hell of an uphill battle to regain gaijin trust
>>
Rome was not built in a day, but Idiotfune Conman was trying to build it in 2 hours.
>>
>>382725624
>I guess he's taking the Con-man comments seriously since it seems like he's finally going to address backer rewards but he has a hell of an uphill battle to regain gaijin trust

Comcept had no money. It was only they got bougth out by Level 5 were they able to do it.
>>
>>382721759
Fuck off back to your cubby hole, since Inafune has never once made anything great. He's always been handed a team that already had an idea in place and was just a salaryman until nip culture promoted him to the top of the company, which he promptly shit the bed on repeatedly, endangered the company, and then proceeded to be so horrible at management and game making that he lost both his own companies after he cashed out on Capcom.

Mighty Gunvolt Burst proves that it's always been the team being weighed down by Inafune, since they did what people really wanted from the beginning by making a unique yet similar MM-style clone out of MN9. None of this bravado of "AN INAFUNE GAME! I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW THEY'RE PLAYING AN INAFUNE GAME!", just a simple platformer with exploration elements and proof of concept gameplay that is vastly superior to the source material it pulls from, since Inti understands Rockman better than the guy that took credit for it for nearly two decades due to not bothering to correct journalists for ages.

>>382725812
He'd slap a "build Rome" DLC into a game if he could get away with it, since he's that money grubbing at the end of the day, only topped by how full of himself he turned out to be at the end of the day
>>
>>382721734
>>Then Inafune got on, looking like he's about to cry, apologized for the game and said it's okay to hate him. At the time, Ben Judd's idiotic "It's better than nothing" comment took more attention, and I sorta glossed over Inafune's. But really, a dev outright apologizing for a game is unheard of. He probably went home and cried.

I think this is what made me the most mad. Inafune deserved some backlash after how MN9 turned out because he reached way too far with it but Ben Judd is a fucking idiot. People are still parroting "It's better than nothing" and saying that Inafune said it.

That said: I look forward to Inafune working at Level5 because Inafune's best work was done when he had a boss and wasn't in charge himself. Megaman Legends, Onimusha, Dead Rising, Tron Bonne, Battle Network etc.
>>
>>382719280
Put Inagune in charge of dead rising again. He will save it and be redeemed
>>
>>382725975
I still wonder where all that money could have gone, 4 million is still a lot, but I guess ports, bugs, delays and having to fulfill some backer rewards will eat it up quickly on top of having to pay for staff and building rent.
>>
File: director producer.jpg (133KB, 1434x482px) Image search: [Google]
director producer.jpg
133KB, 1434x482px
>>382726039
>That said: I look forward to Inafune working at Level5 because Inafune's best work was done when he had a boss and wasn't in charge himself. Megaman Legends, Onimusha, Dead Rising, Tron Bonne, Battle Network etc.

Learn what a producer is. Inafune is a con man since he shamelessly self-promotes himself, and takes full credit for games he barely had input on. Thank the designers, directors, writers, artists, programmers Pro-gamer that worked under him. He was just the project manager and got funding for the projects.
>>
>>382721734
>he get praise for something he never did
>he gets shit for something he never said
was it karma?
>>
>>382719280
that's like feeling sorry for Bernard Madoff for his scams
>>
>>382726502
>Soul Sacrifice
>Director
>Producer
Inafune was credited as neither of those though.
>>
>>382726445
>4 million is still a lot,

Inafune said they only gto 60% of the money from Kickstarter. So that's 2.3 million, which is nickles and dimes for gaming. Remember, According to the Silent Hill 2 director, PS1 games cost 3-5 million, and PS2 games cost 7-8 million. And SH2 cost something like 8 million.

Now take that 2.3 million, stretch it out over 3 years of development (not constant working, probably off- and on) and it's easy to see how you can blow that easily. Most of development costs is just spent on labor. Inti did not know how to use Unreal engine so they were just bumbling around with that like retards. There was 10 ports that they made at once. There was an online mode that took a year to make.

Just look at the project, and what they were aiming for. It's really, really stupid, and poorly thought out. The Irony is that the MN9's project goals were completely filled by other projects which had more realistic goals. Shovel Knight has been ported to everything under the sun, sold 1 million copies, and is widely beloved. Gunvolt was less successful, but made a profit, got a sequel, and even a brief anime special. If MN9 had followed this design path of a simple low resolution 2D game first, to start the series, it would have been much more successful. KISS instead of unneeded complexity.
>>
File: X5_scene22.jpg (484KB, 1196x900px) Image search: [Google]
X5_scene22.jpg
484KB, 1196x900px
>>382721734
Would you want to see him working on Mega Man games at Capcom again?
>>
>>382727314

That would imply Capcom is interested in making more Megaman.
>>
>>382726502
>>382727139
He was a Designer, in fact.
So thanks Inafune?
>>
>>382727139

People keep giving Inafune sole credit for Soul Sacrifice. That's the issue. He was the vague as shit "Conceptor", which means he spouts some vague shit, and a bunch of other people actually flesh that out and make it.

If I say "hey, make a penguin ninja game" and then leave, and another group of people make that, did I make the game or did they?

>>382727314

Inafune is a fucking retard. He isn't the reason Mega man or any other Capcom game was a success.
>>
File: 1dc0caa8.jpg (91KB, 755x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1dc0caa8.jpg
91KB, 755x1024px
>>382727467
They must have some interest, if they're putting X in a fighting game and making a Mega Man cartoon. Not to mention all the fucking merch they've been licensing lately.
>>
inafune is literally the Thomas Edson of vydia. I want him to burn.
he is probably feeling at home on lvl5 since they love multimidia franchises from the get go
>>
>>382719280
I used to respect him before but then he went
>WESTERN GAMES ARE THE FUTURE
>Proceeds to fuck up Capcom way more than what they were doing already
Mighty Blunder 9 is just the cherry on top of the shit cake. He deserves to get shat on.
>>
>>382727681
>They must have some interest, if they're putting X in a fighting game

Reused assets for lowered development costs.

>and making a Mega Man cartoon.

I doubt this will lead to anything.

>Not to mention all the fucking merch they've been licensing lately.

Darkstalkers is still getting merchandise too.
>>
>>382720089
Fucking this
>>
>>382727146
I dont remember much about Shovel Knight but from what I recall it only launched on the Wii U, 3DS, and PC platforms first before getting ported to everything. That was honestly leagues smarter instead of trying to launch one game on everything simultaneously.
>>
>>382728156

Yeah ti is. Aiming for handheld first makes so much more sense. MN9 is Unreal Engine 3, and that shit would never run on a 3DS.
>>
>>382727829
>Reused assets for lowered development costs.

As if the costume wasn't insulting enough. Now they're reusing it.

Guess it's better than nothing.
>>
File: CREATOR OF ONIMUSHA AND MEGA MAN.jpg (485KB, 1681x1017px) Image search: [Google]
CREATOR OF ONIMUSHA AND MEGA MAN.jpg
485KB, 1681x1017px
>>382727730
>inafune is literally the Thomas Edson of vydia. I want him to burn.
>>
>>382719280
I feel sorry for what happened to Recore.
It had a brilliant core gameplay but everything around it was a trash.
> amazing platforming/shooting sections
Vs
> shitty engine that had minute-long loading screens for even smallest locations
> shitty mechanics like crafting, leveling bots with orbs and inability to swap all bots outsidd from save points/base
> crappy story which does not suprise you... ever
> high prismacore requirements to access final tower which kept people from finishing the game

This game could be a masterpiece. An actual game instead of movie-like garbage which other companies spew out to grab the normie audience. I loved its moments of brilliance but hated its flaws to the death.
It was also sad to see that after ~half of year after release, beating half of the story starts to net you rare achievements.
I have really high hopes for definitive edition but I also know I will be disappointed.
>>
>>382720618
Best call
>>
>>382729315
Here's a much better guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsFswQ7W81c
>>
>>382727314
Ever since X1 was in development, he's missed the mark so badly that he constantly pushing Zero as the lead, simply because Inafune was allowed to make his own character for once. Capcom's higher ups told him that they wouldn't accept Zero as the lead, and another guy made X as a result, so once Inafune was in a high enough position within the company and given some freedom, he wanted Zero to actually kill the real X in Zero 1. Higher ups rightfully told him to fuck off with twisting one of their most beloved characters into a raging psychopath that did a 180 and killed randomly, forcing it to be changed to Copy X.

It isn't any surprise at all that Capcom discarded his precious "story" that went into ZXA and bombed the series for good on games, and had other studios within the company push out stuff like X6-8, MHX & PU, as well as CM. BN was ok until it became an object of obsession with Inafune, since he said he tried to use that series to connect with his son, who was big into soccer, but didn't have a real interest in the games his dad was making, leading to the very big shift in the anime and games.

Also can't forget the fact that this is what Inafune envisioned for the X series, since his brain rotted hard with the whole "western devs are superior! INAFUNE GAME!" mentality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olYCsHuqjOo

Losing Inafune from the series is a blessing
>>
File: inafune has a big ego.jpg (1MB, 3840x1955px) Image search: [Google]
inafune has a big ego.jpg
1MB, 3840x1955px
Inafune is a shameless self-promoter who hypes himself up, tells enough half truths, and lets the myth of himself grow.
>>
File: powermad.png (269KB, 480x428px) Image search: [Google]
powermad.png
269KB, 480x428px
>>382729315
>>
File: 798470-rockmanx6_ps_jp.jpg (129KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
798470-rockmanx6_ps_jp.jpg
129KB, 640x640px
>>382730737
>he wanted Zero to actually kill the real X in Zero 1

I don't know how much he wanted that, considering he was behind the Maverick Hunter X, but I think that's a big misconception. It was never Inafune's idea to have X be the villain in the Zero series, let alone there ever being a Zero series. That was all from Takuya Aizu, the CEO of IntiCreates, who supposedly got the idea from Kikaider. Most of Mega Man is stuff borrowed from either anime or other Capcom games.

If he ever wanted to get back at anyone for anything, it might've been for making X6 AND making Zero an unlockable character. Ever thought it was weird that X7 made X an unlockable character? Maybe they're connected.

As for Battle Network, wasn't that the most successful Mega Man's ever been? It got a whole cartoon and cards and shit.
>>
>>382730737
any source for that bn stuff? really curious to read stuff about the anime. thought the big shift was because they wanted the human characters to be more active
>>
>>382731327
>If he ever wanted to get back at anyone for anything, it might've been for making X6 AND making Zero an unlockable character. Ever thought it was weird that X7 made X an unlockable character? Maybe they're connected.

Inafune was only producer for X4 and X5. he had no input on the other X series games.
>>
>>382730737
I'm still salty at how Zero basically hijacked the X series, and then went and had his own series while he was at it too
>>
Are there any megaman games outside og and x that aren't departures from the mainline gameplay that are actually good?
>>
>>382731923
he also was in SNK vs Capcom Chaos as MMZ and was broken as fuck thanks to cyber elves.
In Tatsunuko vs Capcom and was broken too.
MVC3/UMVC3 and is broken too. people have been wanting X for a long time but they kept forcing Zero
>>
>>382732289
battle Network have two games with mainline gameplay and they are good games. one is for wonderswan and the other for gamecube
>>
File: joule.jpg (105KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
joule.jpg
105KB, 500x500px
I actually liked Recore though. Sure it was blatantly unfinished and buggy as fuck but it was fun
>>
>>382731923
>>382732405
>>382731327
The biggest irony with Inafune is his comment on why Vile Mode was a thing in Maverick Hunter X:

>Inafune implemented this mode to offer players a new perspective on the game through the eyes of a villain, feeling it would be "too obvious and boring" given an option to play as Zero.

You would think he would've jumped at the chance for making Zero playable in X1, but based on Day of Sigma, it seemed like he wanted the remakes to move away from Zero being super important.
>>
The hatred for Mighty No.9 was one of the most childish things I've seen from the videogame community. Not only was the game perfectly fine, in fact I thought the final boss was pretty good, but the smarter thing to do would have been to encourage a better sequel. Everyone shitting on the game without even playing it guaranteed we won't be getting anything else.
>>
>>382719280
good. whoever saw that abomination and said this is ok deserves everything
>>
>>382731327
Battle Network was the golden era as far as the series really goes, since it was a major cash cow for Capcom. Only the original series can really compare, since they licensed out the Ruby Spears cartoon in the west, while having stuff like the Mega Mission card game for the X series in Japan. Meanwhile, Battle Network had all of that inhouse focused solely on that series, with the worst thing being that they came to the conclusion that it was worth retiring to preserve that brand, lest we have another case of the X series getting out of hand and turning people off.

>>382731923
And Capcom is salty over >>382732405 as Inafune was the figurehead that took claim for Zero being in MvC3 over the original Megaman, let alone X, as well as cutting other staples of the roster like Venom due to "limitations"

Now we have a hybrid of Megaman and X in MvCI that's getting major focus in plot and marketing

>>382732289
Wonderswan Color version of BN that's side scrolling with some tweaks and ZXA. ZX has a horrible map system and questionable translation.

I can tell you upfront that Network Transmission appears like a classic game under the hood, but it was too serious with being BN and has you wait up to 15-30 seconds to "slot in" new chips, breaking the pacing quite a bit. It's also really hard early on and gets too easy later.

>>382732784
Likely a mandate from the higher ups, since X is designed to be marketable as a main character. All his armor changes make for great PR material as well as toyetic swag, while Zero only had his X2 upgrade and a black version until Command Mission went full retard with alt designs.

It could have also been the fact that X1 was always about X's journey, and a Zero mode would have pulled away from that and likely just been fully armored X gameplay from the start, basically a NG+ scenario.

Also get a laugh at how Vile Mode only had one song, probably due to "tight budget"

>>382732938
We just got Mighty Gunvolt Burst. It's great
>>
>>382719280
No. Everyone reaps what they sow. Inafune is no different.
>>
>>382730620
Seems that GameFreak is basically sponsored by Same old Sh**
>>
>>382733359
>ZXA
That's a weird name, i might have to look at it from curiosity alone.
>>
>>382719280
Yeah, I feel sorry for him.
>>
>>382733359
>Likely a mandate from the higher ups, since X is designed to be marketable as a main character. All his armor changes make for great PR material as well as toyetic swag, while Zero only had his X2 upgrade and a black version until Command Mission went full retard with alt designs.

I'd love for them to remake the X series with a lot more ambition. Not sure what I'd like to see different, but most of the armor designs leave a lot to be desired. They're all just white with varying colors of highlights, and they don't change X's appearance much compared to the Power or Flight armors in Mega Man 6.

Although the upgrades from the SNES games were awesome and showed a lot of promise, they didn't take off like they should have and just ended up throwing them away after each game, the only exception being dashing. Air-dashing, double-charging, and even the cross-charge could've dramatically changed or just expanded the traditional Mega Man gameplay, perhaps even progressing naturally into an open Metroid-style sort of game. Imagine being able to play around with X's armor the way you could mix-and-match the stacking armor upgrades in a Metroid game.

I wouldn't even mind extending the same sort of upgrades system to Zero as a swordfighter. I just wouldn't want him to overshadow X, and it'd be interesting to see how you could distinguish X as a viable melee/saber user while distinguishing Zero's ranged potential. I'd even think it'd be cool to see what they could do with Vile as a third playable character, similar to what Mega Man 10 did. That reminds me, I think X3's variety of Ride Armors had the right idea, if not the best implementation.
>>
>>382731660
>he had no input on the other X series games
Demonstrably false.

They called him into the design meeting when they were coming up with Axl
>>
No.

He can go fuck himself.
>>
>>382734805
so you want X8 with the Z/ZX/ZXA maps.
i'm cool with it.
especially if can get X8's armor style
>>
>>382720089

He said Japanese video games are stupid and Western are superior? He got what was coming to him. Japanese video games are the reason I even begun playing video games as a hobby. Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, where would gaming be without these 3 video game series?

But, nobody can appreciate Japanese video as much as Westerners do.

I hope Inafune gets back on his feet tho, real talk.
>>
>>382733359
>It could have also been the fact that X1 was always about X's journey, and a Zero mode would have pulled away from that and likely just been fully armored X gameplay from the start, basically a NG+ scenario.
I should hope, and I know that's already a mistake, but I'd hope that they would have sense to challenge a Zero play mode, then again Bass was simply "easy mode" in MM10 and MM&B.
>>
Whats the future for MN9? Anything besides dead in the water. I got the game on sale and while its mostly just frustrating there is some good shit that comes through every now and then.

I feel like if someone competent worked on the actual game it could be pretty good. Also I don't feel sorry for the con man at all. I do feel sorry for the people who designed a lot of the bots because most of them are cute.
>>
>>382736139
iirc he said in an interviews that japanese games are years behind western games and they need to compete to stay competitive. other than maybe dead rising, tons of "western" capcom games failed
>>
>>382736386
It's super dead my man. He counted and sold his chickens before they hatched and the whole thing spoiled.
>>
File: 1499045396138.jpg (160KB, 646x584px) Image search: [Google]
1499045396138.jpg
160KB, 646x584px
>>382721734
this was a good writeup. have a (you).
>>
File: dinafanart.png (640KB, 638x685px) Image search: [Google]
dinafanart.png
640KB, 638x685px
>>382736139
>I hope Inafune gets back on his feet tho, real talk.
I hope you get mauled by heavy machinery, the fucker is nothing but a kike taking money from retarded manchildren and credit for things he never created
>>
>>382735709
>so you want X8 with the Z/ZX/ZXA maps.
>X8's armor style.

Something closer to Corrupted, actually, but even then I'm hesitant towards that, which is why I said I'm not sure what I want. I like what Corrupted does with X8's armor swapping system, and that idea was pretty cool in and of itself in X8, but I'd still prefer just one really good armor you can stack on, like Metroid. Or just two solid, simple armors you can swap between anytime, like in Mega Man 6.

All I am sure about is that Tokuro Fujiwara had the right philosophy when he produced / directed the first two games: create freedom inside restriction. Less is more.

Also the back-and-forth in ZX sucked. In the Zero games they never really served a purpose other than talking to NPCs and giving a limited impression of an open world. ZX turned it into a tedious necessity. It could be considered the Simon's Quest or Adventures of Link for Mega Man. What I want is the Super Metroid of Mega Man.
>>
>>382734494
The full title is ZX Advent, which is a sequel to ZX and improves upon it in every way possible beyond the removal of Model X from the first title. It was pretty good, but sold abysmally bad at only 220k copies internationally, meaning all regions combined, and was basically the death of new Megaman games until MM9 & MM10 came out several years later. It also has a tiny 8-bit game within it that you can unlock.

>>382734805
Best scenario in an alternate universe is an X game done by Platinum where X shifts into armors and special weapons for combos, and possibly a hinge of customization thrown into the mix.

The problem is that the X series can't flourish like it really can due to the short-sighted nature of Capcom, since they want recognizable brands that are easy to churn out sequels. The series always stood out beyond the faster and more engaging gameplay due to the narrative of a darker future compared to the sometimes cartoonish classic series, and we had stuff glossed over like Sky Lagoon falling at the start of X4 and killing thousands of people and reploids, or how X1 has the tension in the manual about the reploid rebellion going all Terminator on the series.

For the X series to comply with Capcom's desire to have it as a strong brand, they'll have to redo it, but then it becomes a case of "how far is too far?" before it becomes generic action game, as opposed to classic Capcom brought into 3D. It's in the same place as Resident Evil was when 6 came out, since they didn't have much of an idea on how to make it work

>>382736386
Mighty Gunvolt Burst just came out and basically redid MN9 in 2D, but with players having the option to customize their own special weapons and giving lore that Beck now has a "Custom Shot"

It has a chance to succeed, but the stigma attached to it will basically have to be ignored, and probably made clear that Inafune is far away from the project before any kind of trust can be built with the common fans.
>>
>>382736875
Why is the Z-Saber just floating there and not actually in his hand
>>
>>382721734

Look how cheap those snacks are.
>>
>>382736386
I guess MN9 sequels are still happening, regardless of whether people want them or not. Gunvolt Burst personally shows its still salvagable as a Mega Man clone, and according to the offical news that Comcept posted they still arent ruling out Beck appearing in cameos or vice versa. Its also worth noting that not every game knocks it out of the park their first time.

>>382736472
It sort of made sense why, there was a bit of a slump in Japanese vidya at the time and supposedly games needed to rely on a global audience in order to break even and succeed. Not everything can be a Yakuza/Dragon Quest/Yokai Watch/MonHun there.
>>
File: 1351021928131.jpg (83KB, 544x408px) Image search: [Google]
1351021928131.jpg
83KB, 544x408px
>>382721734
thanks for the info anon
>>
>>382724613

They mean Gothic Lolita.

They dress like dolls but with a dark color scheme. Like evil dolls.
>>
>>382737064
>Best scenario in an alternate universe is an X game done by Platinum where X shifts into armors and special weapons for combos, and possibly a hinge of customization thrown into the mix.

Didn't Fujiwara work with Platinum on Madworld? Wonder what he's doing now.
>>
>>382721759
To think it was all v is simply giving us too much credit
>>
Comcept was bought out. Not sure I'd say it "died". And that's probably the best thing they could ask for. I feel somewhat bad for the team whose names had be to associated with MN9. The guys who had to use UE3 because Inafune was a retard. Or had to port a shit game to a bunch of shit platforms no cares about. Those guys labored quite a bit to produce something that will forever be abhorred. But Inafune? Nah. He accepted responsibility. I don't really feel sorry for him. Because he's not that different from Capcom.
>>
>>382736875
>Also the back-and-forth in ZX sucked
that was just poor level design and direction. some stages on ZXA are even worse. the junkyard is fucking atrocious
metroid has alot of back and forth but is comfy
>>
>>382739339
>I feel somewhat bad for the team whose names had be to associated with MN9.

That's why it's always a good idea to use pseudonyms when developing stuff like this.

Inafune was "Inamuryar" when making Mega Man X. Hayato Kaji was "Rippa K". Fujiwara, the guy producing/directing the game was something like "Arthur King"
>>
>>382739795
That probably wouldnt have worked as well when the KS campaign relied on MM nostalgia
>>
File: 1496961779294[1].png (865KB, 639x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1496961779294[1].png
865KB, 639x1034px
is he next?
>>
>>382741209
He'll do slightly better because he recognized that Inti Creates is fucking up again with Unreal Engine and was able to get more people involved, though I'm still scared that they restarted development, even if it was early on.
>>
>>382719280
what? Elaborate?
>>
>>382742012

See: >>382721734
>>
>>382741572

Are Inti to blame for not opning up about having no clue about Unreal engine or Artplay + Comcept for picking them?
>>
>>382742257
I think Inti are as much to blame as Artplay/Comcept are for choosing them. They make great 2D games but outside of Gal Gun they cant make a fucking 3D game at all, especially not a 2.5D platformer which apparently is harder than it seems in Unreal Engine.
>>
>>382719280
source plz.
>>
>>382726039
>That said: I look forward to Inafune working at Level5 because Inafune's best work was done when he had a boss and wasn't in charge himself. Megaman Legends, Onimusha, Dead Rising, Tron Bonne, Battle Network etc.

Is that a joke or something? No, he is a shitty producer and boss. That will never change.
>>
File: mighty b.gif (1MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
mighty b.gif
1MB, 300x200px
>>382719280
no, it was his damn fault
Inafune's a businessman not a dev
Kamiya was right
>captcha: cake stand
>>
>>382721734
>a dev outright apologizing for a game is unheard of
this might be uncommon - i've heard of some more cases of that - but a jap apologizing for shitty work done is nothing unheard of.
>>
>>382721064
>>382719636
>Have a list of capcom staffers and what they are doing right now.
It's not just one dude. There's at least 3 that joined comcept/inafune.

To the guy that feels sorry for arcade devs then don't. Most of them are still working on games but mostly gacha mobile jap only games or literally one among many faces in huge companies.
>>
File: 1488179968591.jpg (118KB, 460x350px) Image search: [Google]
1488179968591.jpg
118KB, 460x350px
So, what happened to Red Ash?
The anime got funded and the game was fully endorsed and backed by a chinese company and yet theres no news.
>>
>>382736472
Lost Planet did decently I think
>>
>>382746129

It's probably dead.

> fully endorsed and backed

Never said that. Just that it was backed. What if Inafune got enough backing to start working, but not to finish it? he would be hoping to find other sources, but never did?
>>
>>382719280
Might 9 was destroyed when he decided to add sjw to his game,zoei started all the shit and destroy it
>>
>>382727146
>remaining 40%
kickstarter inc sure has big wallets to fill, wth man didn't they ask for 5% or something
>>
>>382746780
>sjw to his game,zoei started all the shit and destroy it
kek what the fuck even happened? i stopped paying attention around the first trailer
>>
>>382724613
that's pastel goth
>>
>>382727146
>>382746838
>60% of the money
That's because they have a lot of partners even before the kickstarter happened. Same with Iga.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.