[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's get this out of the way right off the bat: I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Let's get this out of the way right off the bat: I don't think Breath of the Wild is perfect on an objective or critical level. It's -really really- good, but it's got issues like anything. Food is imbalanced on several levels and even though the enemy variety is much higher than most people are willing to admit, there's a little bit of a gap when it comes to having more interesting regional enemies. There should be Dodongos on Death Mountain and Re-deads wandering some of the Ancient Ruins and wrecked Hylian Villages. Maybe some Tektites in the forests of Necluda?

However, having said that. Breath of the Wild is one of the best games I've ever played, hands down, no contest. It's like they made a game, JUST for a player like me. Everything from the art design down to the smaller mechanical interactions is just fucking perfect. My only concern was how quickly one was able to reach a high power level and invalidate basically all forms of danger from enemy encounters. I was pretty confident that I was going to enjoy Master Mode from the outset and I wasn't disappointed even at all. Autistic itemized list of DLC features and opinions about them in the next post. Also this my final repost. Apparently "quality" discussion isn't what /v/ wants anymore.
>>
>>382717997
>Floating Platforms
Are awesome. They really make the world feel a little fresh and new again, and the items and treasure they placed on them are pretty awesome. Duplex Bow right after the Great Plateau? Two Lynel Bows near the Zora Domain? Yes please! I hope you motherfuckers figured out that you can "trigger" dormant Octo-platforms by whistling and that they can be used as short range airships
>Gold Enemies
I haven't fought any yet, but I'm pretty sure they're a necessary addition to keep the threat levels and challenge progression feeling steep and harsh. Shame they don't seem to carry new types of weapons
>Master Trials
50 Floors of Eventide Island goodness? I'm EXTREMELY excited for this and almost certain it won't disappoint me.
>DLC Equipment
It's a shame it's not upgradeable, but the DLC items are pretty awesome regardless. I only wish that they hadn't given us such direct hints to their locations. At least let us stumble upon the quests organically if you feel obliged to make them into quests.

Overall Master Mode is a fucking god send. It further emphasizes all the best parts of BotW's mechanics and design while increasing replay value and adding value to exploration. Shit, it even addresses the common complaint about the Master Sword not being uber enough.

Feel free to debate me.
>>
>an actual positive thread about BotW that isn't just a falseflag trying to bait for a consolewar
color me surprised.
>>
More setpieces (ie the Molduga in Gerudo desert, the examples of extra enemies you gave and more dungeon-like areas in the overworld) would help the game a lot. I've been using Master Mode to explore areas I haven't been to and while there's some cool nooks and crannies none of them ever lead to anything more than a korok.
>>
>>382718392
I try.

>>382719030
I'm sure the sequel will probably have 3-4 more dungeons like Hyrule Castle. It was probably a huge undertaking designing a place like that. Hopefully they can take that knowledge forwards.
>>
Go to Reddit. They love it there.
>>
File: Calvin.jpg (14KB, 236x317px) Image search: [Google]
Calvin.jpg
14KB, 236x317px
>>382719743
>le 4chan is for shitposting maymay

Chew a lightbulb.
>>
Thinking about emulating it. Can you emulate DLC? Do you need anything aside from cemuhook?
>>
>>382719921

Seriously, what do you want? You're not saying anything that hasn't already been posted here dozens of times. No one cares. Fuck off and play the game you think is a masterpiece. Or just fuck off to >>>/vg/ with all the other cucks
>>
>>382719628
>the sequel
You know, sometimes I forget that they're eventually going to make a follow up to this. If they address the main complaints like enemy variety and exploration rewards, it's gonna be fantastic. Seeing as how they no longer need to figure out how to make Zelda work in an open world environment, they'll probably be able to add a lot to whatever comes next.
>>
>>382717997
I have 100% the game ask me anything. I have played the DLC too so but Im fine with it.
>>
>>382720483
>being this triggered that someone enjoying a game wants to discuss it
once upon a time jaded pessimism wasn't a requirement for this board
>>
>>382717997
>>382718086
Did you upgrade heart containers OP? I got to 13 to get the master sword and it made the game baby easy. I'm afraid of leveling HP again in Master Mode. Maybe I'll level hp but no armor upgrades or something.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.