[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've started to think that I enjoy music more than vidya.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
I've started to think that I enjoy music more than vidya.
What happened to all those Guitar Heroes and Stepmanias? What's the latest and best? I haven't looked into this for maybe five years.
>>
Guitar Hero died in 2010, despite Warriors of Rock being pretty much the best in the series. Stepmania is still receiving updates as of last year.

Rock Band had a new release a year ago but was shit.
>>
go to /jp/ and find the osu! thread
>>
File: verflucht.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
verflucht.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
If you want actual Guitar Hero/Rock Band, look into Phase Shift. It's a PC clone that supports all instruments except vocals and you can get ripped songs from basically any GH/RB game off of the Frets on Fire forums. RB3 customs off of customcreators also work if you convert them with a tool available on the same site.

If you're interested in rhythm games in general, the Bemani games are really where it's at. The rhythm game threads on /jp/ have a lot of info about them, and if you have a Round 1 arcade near you they have most of them to try. You'll also find lots of bemani community people there and most of them are happy to help out with the japanese menus and all that. Most of these games also have PC clones, but the controllers can get pricey.

IIDX is my personal favorite but it's got a pretty punishing skill climb, from what I see most new Bemani players seem drawn to Sound Voltex

Stay away from osu
>>
>>382706338
wht's wrong with osu?
>>
>>382706684
>weeb/shit community
>shitty scripted note charts
>>
>>382704849
There still an active community to make custom songs for RB and GH.

The game themselves died because over saturation.
>>
>I enjoy music
>Guitar Hero

You dirty pleb
>>
>>382704849
Just get Rocksmith, might as well learn something useful while you have fun
>>
File: 1498249369451.gif (994KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1498249369451.gif
994KB, 245x245px
>>382707126
>Not playing drums on GH/RB.

They have proper e-drum support for a reason.
>>
>>382706684
Garbage community, run by a pedophile with spyware in the client, and it's a rhythm game that scores you more on note streak than your actual rhythm
>>
>>382707126
In all honesty, if I want to legitimately learn guitar, how is Rocksmith? A supplement? A good base for an absolute beginner?
>>
>>382708784
Whoops that's every DDR/GH sort of game.
>>
>>382709019

It's a supplement, nothing can replace a decent teacher to show you good habits.

It's also kinda fun to set up virtual pedals so your guitar sounds iconic without having to spend a gorrillion on some crazy rig.
>>
>>382709402
>It's also kinda fun to set up virtual pedals so your guitar sounds iconic
This sounds more interesting than the main game desu
I always wanted to be a shoegazer.
>>
>>382706338
>recommending clones instead of the arcade rips
Fuck off back to sows.
>>
>>382709046
DDR's scoring is nothing like Osu!'s you fucking moron.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.