[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some GOOD roguelikes to waste time on? already played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 4525254.png (159KB, 300x523px)
4525254.png
159KB, 300x523px
what are some GOOD roguelikes to waste time on?

already played binding of Isaac and Dark cloud
pic unrelated, sadly.
>>
evolution:worlds
>>
UnReal World, ToME 2.3.5 (the last version where it still was an Angband variant with Middle-Earth setting), NetHack
>>
Shiren the wanderer V might actually be my favorite, if you have a Vita check it out.

Otherwise ToME, Elona, and Dwarf fortress adventure are always fun.

If you want more action games with roguelike elements, they're honestly all pretty shitty and half-baked. Only one that I've been able to stick to is Isaac.
>>
You mean roguelites.
>>
Ziggurat is good if you want something slightly different from your standard roguelikes
>>
Enter the Gungeon
>>
>>382699026
Crypt of the NecroDancer
>>
>>382699026
Tales of Maj'Eyal and Ancient Domains of Mystery
>>
>>382699026
pokemon mystery dungeon explorers7 of the sky.
You might think I am meming, but it is actually really good.
>>
>>382699026
I finally got to play Let it Die and it's pretty damn fun. The only bad thing is that the "climb from floor 1 to floor 2 with X restriction" and "kill all enemies on this floor with X weapon" are just impossible now that I'm coming across rank 2 haters with the machete and sniper rifle. If they kill a single dude you automatically fail the mission.
>>
Recently completed Necropolis, thought it was alright but I can definitely see it not appealing to alot of people, I saw the low scores and expected complete trash but left fairly satisfied with it. I wish the devs did a bit more work on it it could be improved.
>>
Rogue
Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup Edition
Dwarf Fortress adventure mode
Elona
>>
>>382701839
Oh yeah, I thought that game had a couple cool things going on but I didn't feel like I was making any progress at all even though I played it for like 4 hours.
>>
>>382702078
This.
Also adding on One-Way Heroics.
Nethack if you want to invest some time.
IVAN is also decent.
Cataclysm, though I know some people take issue with the devs.
>>
File: screenshot.jpg (109KB, 1083x441px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.jpg
109KB, 1083x441px
PonyRL
>>
Darkest Dungeon
>>
>LiD has been out for god knows how long
>still only 40 floors
>still haven't technically entered the tower yet
I understand Grasshopper is a small company so they're probably mostly working on that new NMH but come on
>>
>>382701117
Wait until you get to floor 30. The grind is unbearable.
>>
>>382702292
I guess it depends on your luck with room spawns, I liked opening a new door to discover I was in a winter wonderland, or coming down onto a floor and seeing that its been flooded, I also found one which involved jumping on moving platforms but I havent encountered that again. The game needed more escalation as you descend, its a problem with enemy variety and zone variety if anything
What Id personally want changed or integrated is:
multiplayer instead of friendslist coop, game is fine without it but its nice to play with people
more classes
drastically more enemy types, allocate them to different floor biomes(flooded zone has aquatic/amphiboous enemies and industrial zone has mecahnical enemies. eldritch zone has the darkwalkers and monstrosity types etc)
more zones(preferably outdoor zones like the swamp and winter landscapes)
more weapons and attack animation types

I want to like the game more, but it needs more.
>>
Darkcloud 2 ?
>>
File: ManaSpark.gif (2MB, 580x380px) Image search: [Google]
ManaSpark.gif
2MB, 580x380px
>>382699026
Mana Spark
Broken Wizard
Brogue
Streets of Rogue beta is free or you couldpirate it
Would Death Road to Canada include as a roguelike?
>>
>>382703358
not even that, floors 22 and 23 made me shit bricks, that's not a difficulty curve, it's a grind cliff
>>
>>382703073
It's 50 floors now.
>still haven't technically entered the tower yet
What the fuck are you about? The entire thing is the tower. The tower of barbs is a mashup of different layouts and floors.
>>
Crypt of the Necrodancer is fun as hell

Enter the Gungeon is good as well, but is tough as nails
>>
>>382703787
Oh, what're the new floors like? Also the first 40 was the trip to the tower, at least it was when I played
>>
>>382699026
>pic unrelated
not true, let it die is a lot of fun for the first 30 floors
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.