[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Every fucking game nowadays has to be multiplayer / co-op

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1433792393085.png (108KB, 222x319px) Image search: [Google]
1433792393085.png
108KB, 222x319px
>Every fucking game nowadays has to be multiplayer / co-op / raid focused / p2p connected / look for people to be able to play the content of the game.

I fucking miss the time when videogames were an autist thing and i could just play alone and enjoy the solitude. Now every fucking game forces me to interact with other retards like me as if i gave a fuck about making friends and enjoying the ">muh community" experiences.

FUCK
>>
Those days never existed. Video games popularity grew due to arcades. Where they basically started.
>>
Oh look it's this fucking thread again. There are plenty of high profile single player games being released, just google it for fuck's sake.
>>
Games are social by design. There are very few solo board games for a reason. AI can only go so far in providing a deep and engaging experience.
>>
All the good single player games either get pirated, on consoles, or both
>>
A lot of games are made to be played with multiple people

Because multiple people = more word of mouth = $$$$$$
>>
>>382690747

lol wut?

How social is a game like fucking super mario 64? OoT? MM?

Those "classic" games where all about single player story. OP is right about the late trend of making shit games and try to cover the mess with the "multiplayer experience".

I dont need other people to enjoy something like the Witcher 3 but this game was made by crazy drunk polacks, not a mainstream EA studio.
>>
Remember when GTA was a game with focus on singleplayer?
>>
>>382691308
The only reason Mario 64 didn't have a 2 player mode is because a split screen would suck and the n64 couldn't connect to the internet.

Nintendo already experimented with Zelda having multiple players in the past.

I think I should remind you that most action games in the earliest stages of vidya featured 2 player modes.
>>
>>382690597
There are loads of recent good single player games out there.
>>
File: Left Shark.png (145KB, 570x478px) Image search: [Google]
Left Shark.png
145KB, 570x478px
>>382690597
Nine year olds love playing multiplayer Facebook games. Guess what this board is infested with?
>>
i wish more games had co-op. I would love to play games with friends
>>
>>382691308
How social is a game like Mario galaxy? TP? BotW? Dishonored? TW3 isn't some crazy indie game, where does this meme come from? It's a huge AAA game with a giant budget that was hyped and marketed heavily.
>>
>>382691605

yeah sounds like bullshit.

But anyways, one thing is having an optional split screen mode which only allows another friend to play without altering the content (which usually works, like Halo CE) and other thing is making half of the content of the game co-op dependant, forcing you to play online to see everything you payed for.
>>
>>382693734
>>382693734

No one is talking about the Witcher 3, it was the first recent solo game that came to my head.
>>
>>382690747
Most enthusiast boardgames have solo variants. In some cases just figuring out the systems is as satisfying as playing with others.
>>
>>382690597
Games have nothing to lose by designing the story for a single person and then allowing co-op gameplay.

Some of my best childhood memories are completing games like Halo and Return to Castle Wolfenstein Co-op with my Dad.
>>
>>382694439
Oh. The forcing thing. That's an easy one. It raises sales numbers by getting everyone to recruit their friends.

Also it's an anti-pirate tool. Even if you pirate the game you're locked out of lots of content because you're alone.
>>
yes single player was a great thing to do. people would get to hear a great story about a person.
>>
File: 1274022192251.jpg (125KB, 499x360px) Image search: [Google]
1274022192251.jpg
125KB, 499x360px
>want a rad co op game to play with my friends
>Everything is an MMO or mmo-lite
>or worse, local co op only
>>
>>382692689
Nine year olds who think they're better than the nine year olds who love playing multiplayer Facebook games?
>>
>>382696272
What the hell is a Massive Multiplayer Online-lite?
>>
>>382691605
You're fucking dumb shut up
>>
>>382690597
For console games it's because people tend to hold on to games with multiplayer longer than games without. Since most sales happen in the first 4-8 weeks, more people holding on to their copies longer means less used games to cut into their profits, and usually games hold their value a bit better making people opt for new instead of used instead.
For PC games is because of piracy. You can pirate it but then you'd miss out on the multiplayer, or you can buy it.
Microsoft in particular pretty much refuses to fund any 1st party game that doesn't have an online component because they use those to push Xbox live subscriptions.

Whether you believe any of those is on you, but that's why it's so common place now and the reasoning for why it's shoehorned in pretty much everything nowadays.
>>
>>382699261
Oh didn't realize you had a learning disability. Sorry.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.