[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck is this thing actually doing? I don't mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: video04.jpg (129KB, 628x352px) Image search: [Google]
video04.jpg
129KB, 628x352px
How the fuck is this thing actually doing?

I don't mean whether it has games you like or not, I mean whether it's doing well or not.

>their big games coming out
>nintendo building 2 units per week
>every single literally who indie dev porting their games to it
>iphone 3 probably had better specs

Is this fucking thing actually working or is it WiiU 2.0?
>>
>>382686547
It's doing well. 60-100 million lifetime probably.
>>
>>382686547
>How the fuck is this thing actually doing?
it's surpassing nintendo's expectations, and making the company and shareholders profits
>>
>>382686547
Very good, surprisingly.
>>
The key to its success will be whether people but those third-party games on it or if it turns into another Wii where only Nintendo stuff sells.
>>
>>382687531
>or if it turns into another Wii where only Nintendo stuff sells
yeah... that'd be terrible for nintendo... wii was so bad for them...
>>
>>382687658
Solid third-party support will prolong its lifespan rather than being a flash in the pan for a couple of years.
>>
>>382686547
Honestly, I own a Switch and there hasn't been much to play. I bought ARMs but I stopped playing after a few days. Didn't like it. Splatoon is next and I've never been big on Splatoon. Hopefully Xenoblade is coming sooner rather than later and give me my damn MHXX. The console is great for people who loved the Wii U...it's has all the ports and sequels.
>>
>>382686547
>Nintendo's stock higher than its been in over seven years (since Wii)
>Nintendo recently surpassed Sony in market capitalization
>Switch just passed 1 million sales in Japan in less than 17 weeks (took WiiU 34 weeks to reach that number, Ps4 36 weeks)
>Nintendo reportedly stockpiling Switches in order to be able to satisfy deman during their heavy releases such as Splatoon 2 and Odyssey

Seems to be booming right now. Pretty impressive IMO. I personally don't get the whole portable meme, but people seem to like it.

Might pick one up eventually. However, the WiiU did pretty well initially as well, so the Switch booming right now doesn't necessarily mean much.
>>
>>382687901
noone had a wiiu so that's good
>>
>>382687531
Are there many quality 3rd party games in the works besides monhun? All I see advertised are loads of shit indie games
>>
I still haven't found A SINGLE review about HD rumble. I want to see reviews and what not.
I still haven't seen a review about the fucking screen. What is it like especially with light and the sun shining on the screen? Why can't anyone do specific and detailed reviews anymore RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr
>>
>>382687531
>wii where only Nintendo stuff sell
This is in no way true. Wii had plenty of 3rd party support and loads of 3rd part games sold every well on the system.

They just weren't games "we" care about, like Just Dance and Carnival Games.
>>
>>382688608
HD Rumble is in the Steam controller. It's really nothing special. Or maybe it is but no dev has used it to effective ends yet.
>>
>>382688608
HD rumble is pretty nice. It's nothing special, but it's subtle and does feel different. I like it a lot in MK8D.

As for the screen. It's plastic and pretty reflective, not great in the sun. However, the quality of the actual display is great. Games look fantastic on it.
>>
>>382688872
>not great in the sun
This. I thought I could play outside but I can't see shit if it's sunny outside
>>
File: 1499090141632.gif (973KB, 380x281px) Image search: [Google]
1499090141632.gif
973KB, 380x281px
you know it's a success when everyone in japan has to participate in a raffle just for a chance to buy it, and mario odyssey isn't even out yet
>>
>>382686547
It's fine.
>>
>>382686547
>iphone 3 probably had better specs

You severely overestimate the power of mobile phones.
>>
>>382686769
Its hard to not make profits when you charge $300 for $125 of MSRP tech.
>>
>>382689386
welcome to neo /v/
screen resolution = power
>>
>>382689386
Samsung Galaxy S8 is considerably better than the switch.
>>
>>382689613
sure it loads candy crush faster
>>
>>382686547

It's actually doing pretty well but it would be doing much better if they had the actual consoles on store shelves. But that can't be helped at the moment since Apple are hogging manufacturing parts for their iPhone 8.
>>
>>382686547
I've managed to get about 20 people to buy one just by taking it around places and at work on my break. Im pretty stoked about that because I never really convinced anyone to buy a wii/u or any nintendo thing to be honest, so this was a real success for me to help improve those sales, so i reckon it's doing pretty good. If all of those 20 have got one I think a couple will get one down the line but everyone i showed pretty much has one now becaue we link up every time we play, then I managed to help nintendo make around £5000. Anyway it's a hella of a console and I love it!
>>
Lads should I buy this. Store not too far from me has it at $299. Everywhere online is $350 or $399
>>
>>382692224
If you skipped Wii U it's easily worth it. Mario Kart, Zelda, Splatoon 2, SMO soon.
>>
>>382688224
>I personally don't get the whole portable meme, but people seem to like it.
Have you ever taken a long train ride from work to home?
Or a long waiting line at the bank?
>>
>>382691189
this

I got one of my coworkers to buy one and I think I've convinced my uncle as well. If that's the case then yeah sales must be pretty good! I sure as heck have never sold anything before in my life kek
>>
>>382693401
Not him but:
>own my own car
>my banking is done with direct deposits and fucking mobile apps
So no
>>
File: images (2).jpg (23KB, 285x516px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
23KB, 285x516px
>>382693865
>my banking is done with direct deposits and fucking mobile apps
With the recent raise of netcrime, I dont quite trust those.
>>
>>382693681
Yea I mean one was real easy, she wanted to buy a 3DS for her son I was like, NO, just spend a bit more for the 3DS and you can always play with him and monitor it etc plus if you need to drive somewhere or go somewhere it will keep him occupied.
>>
>>382686547
it's too early to tell
all consoles sell well at launch
and nintendo blew their load with zelda at launch
wait a year and see then
>>
>>382687892
They lost that market a long time ago, and I can't see them ever getting it back
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.