[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Naughty Dog jump the shark with this game? It's so goofy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: Crash_3_pal_cover.jpg (102KB, 604x601px) Image search: [Google]
Crash_3_pal_cover.jpg
102KB, 604x601px
Did Naughty Dog jump the shark with this game? It's so goofy and laid back compared to Crash 1 and 2, for example Cortex is funny now instead menacing.
>>
File: Crash_3_Aku_Aku.png (151KB, 403x570px) Image search: [Google]
Crash_3_Aku_Aku.png
151KB, 403x570px
Bump
>>
he was the most menacing in 1. in 2, he is still moderately serious but has moments where he acts like a goof. in 3, he is just a broken man. he has got his ass beaten by one of his own creations twice, the guy that he stole credit for his work blew up his space ship, and the evil tiki mask that told him how to conquer the world is now up his ass and possessing him constantly. by this point he is aware he is the villain that will never win and you can tell by his dialogue and the tone in his voice. hilariously, uka uka behaves more like cortex did in the first game and is unaware of how fucked he is, despite being cortex's boss.

oh but 3 did jump the shark though. too many gimmick shit levels. the jet ski, scuba diving, and flying levels were all shit. the motorcycle levels could stay though, i guess.
>>
>>382676121
Thanks for not being a numale that shits on the motorbike levels but the jet ski levels are some of the most fun Crash levels of all time...OF ALL TIME
>>
I think Crash 2 hits the sweet spot difficulty wise, 1's a little too hard to 100%, 3's a little too easy .

I still like some crash 3 though, I think dingo, Tropy and Uka Uka are good new characters and there's some cool levels.
>>
>>382676390
the aesthetic for the bike levels are too cool for me to hate. and it all just feels like a beta version of CTR, which i fucking love.
>>
File: 1496568918170.png (280KB, 646x595px) Image search: [Google]
1496568918170.png
280KB, 646x595px
>tfw Tomb Wader time trial
>>
>>382674368
>Did Naughty Dog jump the shark with the best Crash game?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=580WkkXrS80
>>
>>382674368
Yes, considering that you can literally jump over sharks in the jet ski levels.

But in the figurative sense, no. The game is great and most of the 'gimmicks are fun as fuck
>>
I would like the motorcycle levels a lot more if they weren't races.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.