[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to start my first playthrough of Hordes of the Underdark.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1479295708270.jpg (222KB, 1491x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479295708270.jpg
222KB, 1491x1080px
About to start my first playthrough of Hordes of the Underdark. Gonna be playing a half-orc fighter/barbarian and I got a couple questions.

Is this campaign very conversation skill check heavy? I mean, will I lose out on a lot of stuff if I lack persuade, intimidate, etc? And if so, which one should I take? Not a lot of skill points as this character. How many companions can I take? I recall there being only one at a time in SoU (so basically just Deekin). And how useful are improved knockdown and disarm? They require 13 int, which seems like quite an investment as a half orc.
>>
>>382672792
Skill checks are on the level of others rpg, despite allowing you to do neat shit
But be prepared because hordes have many ability checks, and fighters lack 99% of them
>>
>>382672792
>Is this campaign very conversation skill check heavy? I mean, will I lose out on a lot of stuff if I lack persuade, intimidate, etc?

NWN has a diplomacy check for almost everything is my impression, compared to bluff and intimidate.

You can only have one companion at a time in the beginning, two later on.

I've never ever used disarm in NWN, doesn't seem very great.
>>
>>382673491
>NWN has a diplomacy check for almost everything is my impression, compared to bluff and intimidate.
Yeah but the immense majority of those are just "sure you can't squeeze in 50 more gold into that quest reward?". And it's always such a meagre amount it's really not worth justifying leveling up the whole skill for it over one of the others.
>>
File: 1499085539342.jpg (332KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1499085539342.jpg
332KB, 1024x768px
>>382672792
If you don't want to miss anything, better to play as sorcerer with maxed persuade and pixie familiar.
>>
>>382672792
Never played NM, but il they follow the same Disarm rules as D&D 3.x, it's shit and situational. Knockdown is much better, especially for Melee characters, because you get an attack bonus on downed foes and it restricts their mobility. But Power Attack should be your main damage source
>>
>>382672792
Unlike the other XPs or terrible original campaign, HotU is actually worth another play through. There are conversations and stuff to find that's gated, but I think you'd have a good time doing an initial playthrough with the exact build you describe and just kicking the everloving shit out of everything as a dumb battering ram, then play through as some charisma-fag sorc second time around and trying some different decisions.
>>
>>382674232
The only game in the series that isn't worth playing is nwn2 oc, faggot
>>
Dragon Age 1-3 or NWN 1 + expansions?
Which one should I play /v/?
>>
>>382674780
Dragon Age 1, then NWN expansions.
>>
>>382674780
>Dragon Age 1-3
There is no Dragon Age after DA Origins
>>
>>382672792
Barb is pretty terrible if I remember right, would recommend some type of weapon master or rdd build instead if you want to just smash faces. Not sure how well they can cope with shit, but doubt they are any worse than barb.
>>
>>382675336
Doesn't RDD add wierd graphic effects like wings and shit? I would rather avoid those.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.