[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just failed the Giygas fight and I really can't unsee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: giygas.jpg (95KB, 634x518px) Image search: [Google]
giygas.jpg
95KB, 634x518px
I just failed the Giygas fight and I really can't unsee the baby. Does /v/ think it was deliberate? Or, does /v/ believe the full interpretation of the theory? I think it's a deliberate design choice to make the player uncomfortable

I'm gonna play Earthbound Zero after this, with the 25th anniversary hack. So this thread can be a Earthbound/Mother general I guess
>>
File: giygas-giegue.png (110KB, 600x328px) Image search: [Google]
giygas-giegue.png
110KB, 600x328px
>>382671040
>>
>>382671040
I personally don't believe the whole baby theory thing... but I do think the distortion was meant to make the player uncomfortable.
I'd recommend you play Mother 3 before earthbound zero. EB0 is still enjoyable, but it is very bare. Don't miss out on mother 3 if you do go for 0 first.
>>
>>382672480
Is that the texture before it gets warped by whatever it is that warps it in the SNES?
The baby's head silhouette is clear even there. That much must be deliberate.
Whoever desigend that (or reconstructed it) is a bloody genius.
>>
>>382673030
I've already played Mother 3 and Earthbound to completion, this will be my second playthrough. I gave up on EB0 because of the encounter rate, but recently discovered the patch online. I'll probably play Mother 3 after I finish Mother 1
>>382673063
How is there a clear silhouette in the pic on the right? Also I'm pretty sure that's the Giygas from EB0, not the unskewed texture of him in Earthbound
>>
File: 1059062236.jpg (28KB, 224x256px) Image search: [Google]
1059062236.jpg
28KB, 224x256px
>>382671040
>>
>>382671040
>failed the Giygas fight
You just need a shit ton of Horns of Life. Also give one of the good pendants (night, earth, sea, star) to Paula to protect her against those faggot flash attacks that instakills you. I pretty much just dedicate Ness to healing Paula.
>>
>>382671040
>is it deliberate?
>area is literally a womb
I think everyone is just imagining it mate... /s
>>
>>382674306
You mean on the left. Negative space as well.
I was always referring to the image on the left. The parallels to Giegue are evident as well.
>>
>>382675426
Oh shit yeah I see it now, the top left
>>382675160
It makes no sense in the context of the rest of the maps that it'd be a womb, unless Giygas' mother was a crystalline mountain
>>
>>382674306
I hate to say that easy mode is more fun than the original version, but holy hell it makes the game so much more enjoyable. EarthBound and Mother 3 were kinda relaxing in how little you had to grind. I couldn't even make it past the zoo in the beginning without the easy patch.
>>
>>382675976
>how little you had to grind
It seems like you become overpowered if you grind in Earthbound. It feels like you're supposed to just run through it. You could chill in Onette and just kill the Sharks for twenty minutes and go in and smack Frank like the little bitch he is. Also once Jeff starts getting bottlerockets, all boss battles are one hit kills.
>>
>>382671040
I personally don't think it was something intentional on Itoi's part. Especially since it's likely he didn't draw the texture himself, it was probably done by some artist at HAL or Ape.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.