[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rain actually makes the game bad Who thought disabling climbing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: BOTW-Share_icon.jpg (237KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
BOTW-Share_icon.jpg
237KB, 1200x630px
Rain actually makes the game bad
Who thought disabling climbing in a game where almost all your traveling requires it was a good idea
>>
i cant hear you through your impotent tears
>>
>sucking this bad
>>
>>382659102
>not looking for shelter and setting up a camp fire at the first signs of rain

You are the only one to blame
>>
>>382659973
>not just equipping Mountain Climber set, and brute forcing your way up with 4-5 steps + jump combo
>>
This is why you go to Rito village first for Revali's Blessing.
>>
>>382659102
The game is shit but the fact that rain takes away links spiderman powers is not the reason why.
>>
>tfw one of my most memorable experiences was climbing the southern dam wall of zoras domain in the rain because I didnt know you could walk around
>tfw spent like half an hour on that and made it up
And obviously you can still climb while it rains, it just takes longer and you might need to eat a few times
>>
>>382659973
autism
>>
>>382660931
>people can't help but jump in every thread and force a way to say the game is shit
SEETHING
>>
>not just using revali's gale to cheese your way during rain
>>
I respectfully disagree. The game offers players an unprecedented level of mobility through a fully articulated 3D space.

I think the inclusion of limiting conditions adds emphasis to the weather, especially since certain regions are prone to almost constant rainfall, requiring players to seek different approaches. Perhaps there was a better balance to be struck between 'immersive' and 'disruptive', considering how annoying intermittent rain can be in certain areas, BUT the game does provide you with a weather forecast. Plus, this gives a unique vibe to the areas that don't receive any rain (the frosty, arid, and volcanic). It's a temperate environmental hazard, as opposed to temperature extremes.

I would not be happy if they just took it out. I could maybe see the merits of specialized climbing gear (like a specific weapon slot item with limited durability, maybe a climbing pick). As annoying as the rain can be, I think it's really cool for in-game weather to have such a dynamic, yet organic influence. All the little details add to it, bomb arrows not igniting, water puddles, wide-arc electricity, etc.
>>
>>382660931
spiderman cant stick to walls when its raining too

never heard the Itsy Bitsy Spider song?
>>
>>382660951
>playing the game is autism

what?
>>
>>382660772
>>382660951
My point is, if you don't immerse yourself in a game that is supposed to be played with immersion, then you dun goofed playing the game in the first place.

I think this is the reason why /v/ shits on good games so much. People here think they are somehow oblihated to play every new AAA game even if it is of genre or playstyle they do not like. They play the game, because it's new and it's AAA, but they don't like it because they never were into this kind of games, and they're then surprised that they didn't enjoy it. Fucking retards.

I never post them, but I always come up with questions like the following in threads on different games:
If you don't like story focused games, why the fuck did you play Witcher 3?
If you don't like games focusing on challenging combat, why the fuck did you play Dark Souls?
If you prefer cold-blooded rationalism and doing quests as fast and efficiently as possible, over immersion and acting like you're in the game's world, then fpr what fucking purpose did you play BotW?

Are you retarded?
>>
>>382662059
words of wisdom
>>
>>382659102
Find another way. It encourages diversity of gameplay, and re-orients your path. It's not 'a climbing game', it's an adventure game and adventurers are flexible and clever. What's the point in demanding the same rote path, without obstacles? You're traversing the world, not fucking paving it.
>>
File: IMG_1308.jpg (121KB, 700x913px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1308.jpg
121KB, 700x913px
>>382659102
>>
>>382662059

I'll concur with that point, people often approach games with expectations they already know to be incongruous. Saying that Splatoon sucks because it's not League of Legends, etc. Sm4sh sucks because it's not a conventional core fighting game, etc.

But that's not always a sufficient argument. If Fallout 4 sells itself as a Fallout game and is in fact an abominable pile of shit, with utterly mismatched design to mechanics, then Todd deserves the flagellation I so desperately want to give him. Even if it's a decent autism simulator, and autism simulators are just not my thing, there is(or was) a degree of legitimacy to the Fallout brand.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.