[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did it happen to you? >Halo gets serious discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

File: You.jpg (67KB, 1394x1050px) Image search: [Google]
You.jpg
67KB, 1394x1050px
When did it happen to you?

>Halo gets serious discussion
>younger /v/irgins getting nostalgic for licensed Nick games from the mid 2000s.
>>
When people thought Half-Life 2 was a good game
>>
"I liked Quake 2"
>>
File: youre old.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
youre old.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
toss up between
>literally none of the new games coming out interested me, if I walk into a game store I just see carbon copies of the same shit ive always played
or
>cant play online for more then an hour at most without getting bored and missing my old gaming sessions with friends
or
>see a new game that doesnt look half bad, say ill buy it, and then realize its been 3 months and I completely forgot about it and never bought it
>>
File: stair3.jpg (10KB, 573x375px) Image search: [Google]
stair3.jpg
10KB, 573x375px
>>382654810
>getting nostalgic for licensed Nick games from the mid 2000s.
>>
>>382654810
>Skins on csgo

Fucking why? Why do people spend literally hundreds of dollars on shiny fucking skins? And why is it so many players had an attitude of it making you better at the game?
>>
File: 455_sack_of_rome.png (462KB, 555x563px) Image search: [Google]
455_sack_of_rome.png
462KB, 555x563px
People accepting DLC as opposed to Expansion Packs.
>>
When people switched from Simpsons reaction images to Spongebob reaction images
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (91KB, 1394x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
91KB, 1394x1050px
Never. I just go with the fads.
>>
File: 1432577861917.gif (2MB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1432577861917.gif
2MB, 500x374px
>When fucking CoD started getting serious discussions
>>
People paying more for DLC than the base game. Nah son I want off this ride.
>>
Let's plays. That was the first vidya trend I knew I just couldn't get behind.
>>
>>382658948

Oof. That one stings.
>>
When comments on /v/ went from the occasional "Haha, Jews!" playfully to a more serious "REJECT YOUR JEWISH PROGRAMMING AND ONLY PLAY GAMES FROM THESE APPROVED NATIONALIST MAKERS. SHILL. SHILL. THIS IS A SHILL THREAD. WE MUST SECURE THE EXISTENCE OF OUR GAMES AND A FUTURE FOR WHITE GAMERS."
>>
>>382661969
haha yeah, like when being gay was ironic but now faggots think it's actually acceptable to be gay?
>>
File: tylxpt2l.png (384KB, 2144x1005px) Image search: [Google]
tylxpt2l.png
384KB, 2144x1005px
When Spurdo Spärde became popular.
>>
Can't quite specify a single moment. I'd say basically 2011 or 2012ish about.

I can name more specific cases of realizing it'll happen to (you) being:

Hearing kids refer to their dads having played stuff like RTCW or HL1 or Counterstrike when they were a kid. There's no reason their dads couldn't have been older at the time like late 20s or early 30s but for some reason since I played those as a wee kid or early teenager it makes me think their dads were my age too.

Also >>382661323 when I remember being butthurt about CODMW2 not having dedicated servers & smaller server sizes. I fondly remember the shitshow of 64 person fucking Battle of Fallujah tiers fighting. Also this >>382657145 and TF2 after the 2nd or so wave of items. When it started to be about collecting items and all this weird shit I didn't understand.

I really don't understand lets play. I think if I sat down and watched some with more of that sitcom personalities I could understand it. Like the little clips I've seen of either game grumps or one of the other ones with a halloween season/theme circa october I can understand liking it if there's a bit of humor or whatever. But watching some random narrative talkover of the gameplay I don't get.

>>382657183

I'm guilty of that. I prefer an expansion pack but I will be content with large scale DLCs. With your Total war example Charlemagne was good, the mini-campaigns I dislike for smaller size of the campaign but I like the principle. Race packs are pretty shitty.
>>
Probably back in 09, this board has really gone to shit
>>
File: BN1Mr.ProgSpriteGIF.gif (1KB, 16x41px) Image search: [Google]
BN1Mr.ProgSpriteGIF.gif
1KB, 16x41px
>>382661672
That isn't even a vidya trend. That's a disease symptom.
Your average player is a complete dumbass who can barely get passed whatever tutorial equivalent there is. They almost never even see the credits.
So Let's Plays come along, giving these so-called people a way to watch the entire game as a pseudo movie despite not having the intelligence or attention span to complete it themselves. Even better, the LPer pushes the social interaction button by acting as a one way "friend" who talks to them.

Please, for this industry's sake do not bend over and accept Let's Plays as they currently are. They are pure, distilled cancer in every way, shape, and form.
>>
>>382654810
When Meme Spinners became a thing
>>
File: 1493313916747.png (20KB, 804x516px) Image search: [Google]
1493313916747.png
20KB, 804x516px
>>382663336
Can confirm. My younger sister is like this. She draws anime and is an ugly nerd. If she sees me playing a game she will say "Aww I love that game!! It's so good!" I ask if she has played it, and she says, "well.. er.. no, but I just watched Markiplier stream it, but I can tell it's a really good game!!!"

She was never able to beat the Pokemon games. She had an incredible amount of hype for Sun&Moon because of all the tumblr postings about it leading up to its release. I got the game for her as a christmas present and she freaked out because she was so happy. To this day I don't think she has beaten the 2nd trial. I simply don't understand these people ( ´_ノ` )
>>
>>382657145
having higher quality skins than other people makes you happy, and happy people play better than sad people
>>
>>382663748
>he wasn't able to train his younger sibling to be even better at video then himself.

Fucking pleb.
>>
>>382663748
>She was never able to beat the Pokemon games.
H-how could that be possible? They're some of the most dumbed down for toddlers games ever. Every generation they hold the player's hand even harder.
I don't know how to say say this, but I think your sister might seriously have brain problems.
>>
>>382664083
*videogames
Fuck me
>>
>>382664116
I told you I don't understand it. You won't get an explanation from me
>>
>>382654810
I was a teenager during the 2000's, how old are you gramp?
>>
>>382664116
I remember having problems beating pokemon when I was 10
Is normal
>>
>>382654810
Skyrim remaster. I picked it up, holy shit that game is absolute trash. Terrible production values, models suck, combat is fucking laughable (fucking HEXEN had better combat), everything about that game just felt amateur. Nobody has a taste for quality anymore. I can see why every thread memes about
>he doesn't play with 22 mods installed
Cause that's what you need to make it good, apparently.
>>
>>382664421
>I remember having problems beating pokemon when I was 10
Dude you could solo the early Pokemon games with your starter pokemon. I haven't played anything passed Gold/Silver but I'd imagine that hasn't changed.
>>
>>382664116
>>382664421
I got stuck on the part where you had to deliver pokeballs or something to Professor Oak's friend.

I couldn't read ;_;
>>
Maybe when I noticed all the facebook, tumblr and twitter memes being posted here. Those that go "when bae says she's 5 mins from home" with a weird reaction pic, stuff like that. A friend of mine keeps bombarding me with those and I can't quite follow them. They're written in this sort of sloppy, "type like you talk while wearing boxing gloves" way that I can't replicate. It just makes me realize that I don't really know any other web communities outside 4chan anymore, and the way they seem to have become so prominent makes me feel out of touch with the internet.

I don't feel that way with vidya, for the most part.
>>
>>382654810
Mass Effect 3.
>>
>>382664421
>>382664816
She's 20 years old and can't beat Sun and Moon.

I think it's because she loses interest and realizes she would rather just watch her favorite Epic Youtube Personality stream the game instead of play it herself.
>>
File: 1496811431527.jpg (8KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1496811431527.jpg
8KB, 250x238px
>>382654810
>play on a vanilla wow server out of nostalgia
>90% of the players never played retail vanilla and believe you're lying when you said you did
why the fuck are these people even playing it
>>
>>382654810
Happened long ago, but I don't let it affect me.
I just call these young friends faggots and they call me a faggot in return, I wouldn't have it any other way.
>>
File: 1498602920440.gif (103KB, 458x438px) Image search: [Google]
1498602920440.gif
103KB, 458x438px
>>382662204
>>
>>382654810

>Fairy Oddparents being a childhood cartoon
>Nobody remembers Hanna-Barbera cartoons nor Tom and Jerry
>>
I don't know when exactly, but I think I realized it a few years ago when I stopped watching coverage of E3.
The big names just don't release anything that interests me anymore, not really.
It's all from smaller companies and indie devs anymore that still pander to my types.

Then you have people calling the crash remakes the dark souls of whatever the fuck.
Kids these days have never played a challenging game.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.