[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the legit worst game you've ever played. Maybe not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 30

File: IMG_0563.jpg (42KB, 533x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0563.jpg
42KB, 533x640px
What is the legit worst game you've ever played. Maybe not worst, but a game that you personally hate with a passion and can't stand playing?
>>
>>382651002
DS2
>>
>>382651002
uncharted 1
a fucking chore to get through but I had a lot of fun with 2-4
>"This crypt hasn't been unearthed in hundreds of years!"
>LMAO bad guy bulletsponges in every room
>>
>>382651002
nier automata
it's literally just a MUCH worse bayonetta with a generic anime theme
cringeworthy dialogue from start to finish, garbage characters, pretentious "2DEEP4U" shit, bland and lazy level design, i could go on.
>>
>>382651002
Bloodborne.
>>
Persona 3 is one of the worst JRPGs I've ever played.
>>
File: IMG_0557.jpg (33KB, 454x561px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0557.jpg
33KB, 454x561px
>>382651258
DS2 isn't that bad you raging faggot.
>>
Bioshock infinite and the last destroy all humans
>>
Mass effect 3

No im serious
>>
>>382651002
weeb shit
>>
Life is Strange. It's fucking abysmal, it does just about nothing well and it pisses me off that it did well enough to get a prequel.
>>
>>382652482
it's quite objectively terrible. actually.
>>
Street Fighter V
>>
From the games I've finished Vagrant Story and Inquisitor were the worst.
>>
Dark Souls 2
>>
Doom 2016. Atrocious soundtrack, disney demons and arena level design makes it worst video game ever produced. Story is also bad but it does not matter in video games.
>>
>>382652815
t h i s
>>
File: What v says.jpg (512KB, 1504x757px) Image search: [Google]
What v says.jpg
512KB, 1504x757px
>>382652856
>objectively terrible
>/v/ is the only place that hates it
hmmmm
>>
>>382651002
KOTOR II and Fallout NV because the games before them were great and then Obshitian came in and ruined them.
>>
>>382651002
Megaman X6. It's infuriating and whoever is responsible for its level design needs to be shot.
>>
NiER and Lost odyssey are probably my most despised games mostly because how overrated they are but also how much potential they had but didn't deliver
>>
File: spite.png (204KB, 324x472px) Image search: [Google]
spite.png
204KB, 324x472px
bad rats, the only game i've completed out of spite
>>
>>382651660
the game mite be literally too deep for you buddy
>>
>>382651002
The Evil Within. I like the beginning and certain parts throughout the game but by and large I think TEW was a turd.
>>
>>382651002
dark souls 2
>>
ds2
mario sunshine
but what really pisses me off are megaman games
I always try to play megaman blind, so I dont know the wheel order and I end up killing most bosses with shitty pellets
>>
File: but-why.gif (4MB, 581x327px) Image search: [Google]
but-why.gif
4MB, 581x327px
>>382653081
>>
>>382651002
Shadow of Mordor
>>
>>382653113
no, there's nothing deep about it.
it's a shit game that thinks it is clever.
>>
the "souls-type" meme
shitty clunky gameplay isn't a feature, and it doesn't make it "difficult". It's just shitty gameplay.
>>
Dark Souls 1
never falling for /V/ meme games ever again.
>>
Dragon Age 2. You can only stand so much of combat being in the exact same map.
>>
KH 358/2 Days
Zero Time Dilemma
Dark Souls 2
>>
>>382651002
Xenoblade Chronicles X

I usually don't buy games unless I know for a fact that I'll like them, except this one particular case. Hated pretty much everything about it, worst game purchase of my life.
>>
That game were that guy shoots with his balls, has a demon ally too. You know, gf gets kidnapped and he goes to hell or something (not Dante's Inferno but pretty bad too)
>>
>>382651540
>tfw enjoyed U1 more than 2 or 3
Haven't got round to playing 4 but it was the only one that offered some kind of challenge. I don't recall there being bulletsponges, just a lot of enemies that can kill you almost immediately on brutal.
>>
Eat Lead!

It's difficult to describe just how shitty that game was.
>>
>>382653423
Shadows of the Damned
>>
File: heck.jpg (68KB, 455x568px) Image search: [Google]
heck.jpg
68KB, 455x568px
Dark Souls 1
>b-b-b-but git gud, kid!
You misunderstand. I bought this when it came out on PC BECAUSE people hyped it up as difficult. Then when I played the actual game I found out the AI is ripped straight from Quake 1 and can be circlestrafed to death with no effort at all. That is, if it doesn't jump down a cliff and die by itself first.

Oh, and the port was steaming fucking garbage as well, so there. No, I don't care if the "lore" explains the bugs and abysmal performance. You can suck my dick.
>>
>>382653423
>>382653470

I unironically enjoyed that game
>>
File: 1498954780302.jpg (58KB, 576x521px) Image search: [Google]
1498954780302.jpg
58KB, 576x521px
Conkers bad fur day, took me like 2 hours to get out of the starting area and im still working on it.
>>
Skyward Sword. Friend and I got it around the same time and both of us hated it.
Also more obvious choice, but Paper Mario Sticker Star was on another level of awful for me. I went in blind after seeing the reveal trailer, never again.
>>
File: BEYOND-Two-Souls.jpg (44KB, 736x414px) Image search: [Google]
BEYOND-Two-Souls.jpg
44KB, 736x414px
This is literally the worst game in this thread bar none. I don't care that it didn't have much gameplay, I read VNs all the time. This shit is so fucking atrocious though and was by far the worst shite I had the misfortune of playing. I couldn't give you a single redeeming quality about it. It's even worse than Life is Strange
>>
>>382651002
dungeon siege
>>
File: 314032_front.jpg (40KB, 382x536px) Image search: [Google]
314032_front.jpg
40KB, 382x536px
>>382651002
RC Toy machines. A shovel ware game for the PS2 where you play as tiny rc cars racing around a house. The game worked as intended, but it was just boring as fuck, and it didn't even have a multiplayer mode.
>>
Overwatch

Such a shallow experience that starts feeling repetitive just 2 hours in. Nothing really stands out, everything feels like it's been played safe.
>>
>>382653535
Namco's marketing style was ass, DaS and DeS were never good because of the difficulty and making a point out of this marketing concept in the sequels decreased their value.
>>
>>382653160
>I always try to play megaman blind, so I dont know the wheel order and I end up killing most bosses with shitty pellets

And what's the problem with that?
Megaman games are more fun to me that way, since you actually have to learn the bosses to a certian degree and you can resort to their weaknesses in the obligatory boss rush anyway and shit on them then.
>>
>>382653587
kill yourself
>>
>>382653535
I hated that marketing meme too. It wasn't piss easy and provided a pretty fair challenge, so I guess that automatically meant "DIFFICULTY" to the normies.
>>
>>382653747
Y?????
>>
World of tanks after support scammed me
>>
>>382653706
To be fair, DaS1 only ever got as big as it was because of all the normies that picked it up and were like OMG HARDEST GAME EVER BUT SO SATISFYING
As a marketing tactic, it worked out splendidly
>>
>>382651002
league of legends
fuck it for stealing all my friends playtime and for not being fun
>>
DmC: Devil May Cry

I will always be mad.
>>
>>382653829
Because its not that hard and the game is amazing. Stop being a brainlet
>>
>>382653258
it is pretty clever tho, you should just need to know the Nier and a bit Drakengard lore to understand what's so interesting about it. The whole setting and concept of the game is really depthful if you look at it as a part of the series and even the characters are much more interesting if you actually understand what they are actually supposed to be or why they are dressed like some opera singers.

As for the gameplay, it never intended to be a fully fledged hack n slash, but what it lacks in the action combat it makes up for a bit more rpg elements. Sure it might fall into a place where it doesn't pleases neither the hardcore action game fans nor the rpg fans but if you are open minded for a mixed genre there is still plenty of shared value in the game.
>>
>>382653967
I don't think depthful is a word, but it certainly makes you look dumb
>>
Banjo Kazooie for me. Annoying sound effects, annoying music, gameplay that stops you in your tracks every 5 seconds, easy as fuck, and overall steaming pile of garbage.
>>
File: 1498650174911.jpg (47KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1498650174911.jpg
47KB, 480x515px
>>382651002
Shadow the hedgehog was the game that took childhood wonder away from me.
>>
>>382653654
I disagree on it being worse than Life is Strange. The acting was better at least, it wasn't ugly, it actually made use of it's one gimmick with Aiden, which LiS did not do with time travel and the writing was abysmal, but it was laughably bad like all David Cage games whereas LiS is fucking horrible but not even in a way that you can laugh at, just in a way that's headache inducing. Both are terrible, but LiS is worse.
>>
File: 1499083382228.jpg (12KB, 542x416px) Image search: [Google]
1499083382228.jpg
12KB, 542x416px
>>382653954
Never said it was hard, I just had alot of trouble on the first area and im spiteful because ive already wasted alot of time on it.
>>
>>382653878
I discovered it having seen enough gameplay discussion on /v/. Word of mouth was just as big as it was with DeS.
>>
>>382653706
>Namco's marketing style was ass
And yet /v/ swallowed it whole, bait, hook and all. Hell, 50% of the time if you say anything negative about the Souls games, you still get a bunch of drones gargling Miyazaki's dick. I honestly would have no issue if the game actually delivered on what is plainly (at least) one of its primary design philosophies. But the execution is atrocious. If your game focuses heavily on challenging, non-horde PvE combat, you need good AI. Not having it is inexcusable.
>>
>>382653950
You shouldn't be mad, if DmC is the absolute worst game you've ever played that means you haven't played a lot of truly bad games
I'm not trying to say it could hold a candle to regular DMC but it's not terrible
>>
>>382653654
I borrowed it from a friend and got as far as the najavo ranch bit. Could not bring myself to play another minute, it is the worst game I ever had the misfortune of playing. He even told me when he lent it to me it was shit.
>>
Cortex Command.
>>
>>382653967
>As for the gameplay, it never intended to be a fully fledged hack n slash
Then it should have ended with Ending A. There wasn't enough variety or content (including the RPG mechanics) within the game to support the kind of play time required by the real ending.
>>
>>382654112
That's /v/ m8
I also regularly discover great cRPGs, that doesn't mean they're known to casuals.
All I was saying is that the marketing campaign succeeded greatly in selling copies to new customers, which is the entire point
An analogy: I may not like that Skyrim is routinely praised as one of the greatest RPGs of all time simply because it's the first open world RPG most casuals ever played, but I have to admit its marketing was phenomenal
>>
>>382651540
this. FUCK overused bullet sponge enemies because "muh armored plates tho!"
>>
>>382653535
>AI is ripped straight from Quake 1 and can be circlestrafed to death with no effort at all.
you missed the part where the enemies 98% of the time aren't alone so if you circlestrafe one the others can still fuck you up. The other part is that the enemies are intentionally put into places where you can easily fall of cliffs if you position yoursalf badly and they knock you down of you roll off.

If you are seriously think falling off places in this game is a bad design you seriously don't understand why the git gud meme got so popular.
>>
>>382651002
Overwatch and Legion
>>
>>382654115
Decent AI is something so many games are missing. FROM is shit at technology of all kinds, it's a wonder they managed to get the game to look as decent as it did.
>>
>People legitimately calling Dark Souls 2 and Skyward Sword the worst games they've ever played

Seriously, if you think that's the worst thing you've played, you either have shit taste or have played all of three games. They're down points for their respective series, but they are LEAGUES better than so much other shit the industry shovels out.
>>
>>382653801
>the normies

You forget this place has always been full of shitters and will always be and no there wasn't another time ten years ago.

Nes games where always "hardcore"
Sonybros liked their Movies like the then and still holy MGS3 and ofcourse their Fatlus games.
Nintentoddlers liked their bouncies and pokemons.

If you think about it the average Xbox fratfaggot probably was probably more skilled back then than the average /v/ goer.
>>
>>382651002
Dragon Age: Inquisition. Just... jesus christ.
>>
>>382654325
Or they just play games that they consistently like with 1 or 2 exceptions? These aren't objective opinions, anon
>>
Reus. I dunno whats 'wrong' with it exactly, its a very well made game but it just rubbed me the wrong way from start to finish
well I didnt finish it
>>
File: 200063-stranger.jpg (178KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
200063-stranger.jpg
178KB, 1280x1024px
Making a PoP post AssCreed was a mistake. They should've let it die while it still had a good rep, instead they made this abomination.
>>
>>382654325
Reread the OP numbnuts
>>
>>382654243
>you missed the part where the enemies 98% of the time aren't alone so if you circlestrafe one the others can still fuck you up
And you missed the part where you get full i-frames on any and all "grab" animations.
>If you are seriously think falling off places in this game is a bad design
You misunderstand. My issue isn't that it's too easy for the player to fall and die. My issue with the death drops is that the AI isn't programmed to mind those and often ends up falling and depriving the player of the challenge the marketing promised. Hell, the FIRST TIME I fought the big ogre demon on the battlements after the first town, it randomly hopped off the wall and died for no reason. So hardcore, am I right?
>>
>>382651002
EYE divine cybermancy

jesus fucking christ
>>
>2 minute plus loading times
>Constantly seeing them as you move from hub to stage back to hub
>Low framerate
>Weird grainy look

I missed out on ps1 Spyro and thought this one would be just as good. I was painfully wrong. After playing 20 minutes of this garbage (6 of which would be spent staring at a loading screen) you lot would be begging to play the other games listed in this thread
>>
4-way tie:

Team Fortress Classic
Witcher 1
SW KotOR
Ricochet
>>
>>382654287
>it's a wonder they managed to get the game to look as decent as it did.
They didn't. That was DSFix.
>>
>>382651002
Duke Nukem Forever
>>
>>382653008
this is what reddit would actually do
>>
>>382653081
>Hating Bad Rats
>>
>>382654493
Are the loading times this bad in the GC version too? I honestly thought it was just a ps2 thing.
>>
>>382651660
>nier automata
Hey, I too used to also hate on great games if they were mainstream.
Then I realized no-one actually loved me, nor gave a flying shit about me, and I learned to respect good games. My calls for attention were in vein.
>>
Salt and Sanctuary might be the shittiest Souls meme game I've ever seen with an ugly art style to boot.
If you like it, your toaster probably can't even run DaS and you need a shitty pretend DaS to not feel left out and will proclaim in ten years it was the tightest shit ever.

Oh and Supreme Commander 2, fuck that game, never been this dissapointed in my whole life by a sequel.
>>
File: 1487302503583.jpg (43KB, 341x204px) Image search: [Google]
1487302503583.jpg
43KB, 341x204px
>>382654126
Not the anon you're replyin to but DmC was a fucking joke.
I've never played a game that constantly tells its core audience fuck off, while still having god awful gameplay.

Seething hate doesn't begin to describe it.
>>
File: 1481891631315.png (500KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1481891631315.png
500KB, 720x540px
Final Fantasy XIII.
>>
File: 1418984684699.gif (214KB, 274x249px) Image search: [Google]
1418984684699.gif
214KB, 274x249px
>>382654171
This post deserves a reply. I think my y breaking point for that game was ordering up a small army to explore/protect my base, a bunch of weapons with them, and some mining tools for units already at my base. When they arrived, one of the dozen guys had ALL the weapons and tools, so I had to select him and manually drop them all.
And of course when I left a negative review of the game, the response was akin to "Hey don't be so harsh! It's only one guy working on the game, you should expect it to be crappy"
>>
>>382654460
you only get i-frames to dodge one attack. When multiple enemies charge at you you have to deal with a lot more precise positioning and timing, still going in and trying to time and dodge every attack in your first playthrough is pretty risky and hard in itself, but if you seriously dodged every boss attack's every time and the game was too easy for you because of that then it's literally you who is just too hardcore.

>it randomly hopped off the wall and died for no reason
it is literally designed like that tho
The wall is intentionally missing at a place and he jumps back after attacking most of the time and if you position yourself at that place you can make him jump down. You can also climb the tower and jump at his head, taking down like half of his hp.
>>
>>382651002
Resident Evil 0. Not the worse but the most hated for sure.
>>
>>382655017
Yeah. I normally dont play shitty games, but I thought Final Fantasy XIII can't be that bad after more than half a decade of development. How wrong that turned out to be.
>>
>>382651002
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
>>
>>382654529
All dsfix does is improve DOF quality and resolution. Cheap effects like that don't radically change the graphics.
>>
File: grrr.png (86KB, 209x225px) Image search: [Google]
grrr.png
86KB, 209x225px
>>382654857
After searching a bit with google, it looks like it takes less time, about 45 seconds or so. That's still too much, and I noticed that since the loading screen itself is a rendered 3d environment it mean the loading screen has a fucking loading screen.
>>
>>382655041
>you only get i-frames to dodge one attack.
You get TONS of i-frames. The entire animation of backstabbing/riposting makes you invulnerable, from start to finish. Depending on which one your weapon uses, you may survive anything. I have no idea why it was made that way, but I'm led to believe From couldn't figure out what to do if a player's backstab/riposte is interrupted.
>The wall is intentionally missing at a place and he jumps back after attacking most of the time
I was fighting it normally. No special positioning, just hugging its crotch and wailing away (it couldn't hit me anyway). It didn't jump back from me. It jumped sideways (presumably trying flank me - which doesn't even work since lock-on is a thing), glitched over some debris, and slid sideways into the hole. Then a couple seconds passed and it died.

It didn't even have a falling animation. Let that sink in.
>>
>>382651002
Lords of The Fallen. It looks really nice, but absolutely fuck the slow gameplay.

Salt & Sanctuary is not a bad game, but the bugs and glitches really made my playthrough miserable.
>>
>>382655245
From Soft used high-fidelity assets (which killed performance on consoles) then used low rendering resolution to make up for poor performance. Vanilla, the game looks like shit. There's no arguing this. DSFix doesn't do a lot, but what it does allows the game to look decent.
>>
mario and luigi bis
mario and luigi dream team
mario and luigi paper jam

would unironically rather play sticker star and no im not joking
>>
>>382654990
Bullshit it's a run of the mill 3rd person action game, just not as good as the actually liked ones and still better than DMC2 honestly, there is way worse shit even in the same genre.

When it comes to what it has done to the legacy of the series in the writing and artstyle departments, yeah it can fuck right off.
>>
Resistance. After years of playing on pc, i tried the ps3 fps. Just boring bulletspongy enemies
>>
>>382655542
did the tutorial expositions kill your buzz or what is wrong with you?
>>
>>382651002
Megaman Battle Network Battlechip Challenge. I could have found a better fan game on Newgrounds ffs
>>
Nier Automata

Fuck having the shitty kid steal the spotlight. I wish there's a mod to replace him with A2.
>>
Definitely not the worst but I particularly hate Dead Space. The survival horror genre was ruined between that and Amnesia.
>>
>>382655306
I was specifically talking about the dodgeing I-frames but having invincibility during special moves is a common thing with action games. DaS1 does a pretty good job at making varied enemy types, enemy placement and level designs, there is always some different challenge at taking down the enemies. It's never just circlestrifing one or two enemies and backstabbing them (except maybe in the beggining of the game), there are ones who throw projectiles, ones who don't even want to attack you before you do and lot of non humanoid enemies or giant types and the game puts these together at different placements and with different level designs.

as for the boss it surely doesn't have a special falling animation just the jumping one, but if you say it glitched out for you than it was probably a bug, still, bugs are not very common in the patched version of the game.
>>
File: 1488302335880.jpg (88KB, 493x637px) Image search: [Google]
1488302335880.jpg
88KB, 493x637px
Silent Hill Homecoming. It offended me with it's shittiness. Never in my life have I played something so awful. No originality whatsoever, just rip off Silent hill the movie and and SH1 and 2. The combat is atrocious, the story is shitty, there are gamebreaking bugs everywhere, Alex is a complete non-entity of a protagonist, it just makes me angry just thinking about the game.

Also the camera being tied to the character makes me want to vomit blood, the fact that Alex has a really shitty run and if you want to see what's behind you, you have to turn Alex around instead of just the camera. I hate it so much.
>>
>>382655391
LotF is great because it's so terrible though
the shit dialogue and crap animations are hilarious
>>
>>382651002
Runescape, the graphics look like play dough and the community always seem to be huge underaged poorfags
>>
File: 1496524395510.jpg (104KB, 547x458px) Image search: [Google]
1496524395510.jpg
104KB, 547x458px
Owlboy left me with a horrible taste in my mouth.
I don't know what were the devs thinking when they made every action you do pointless to the plot, giving you nothing but unsatisfaction.
The game would have been decent without story.
Your piece of shit might look pretty, but it's still a piece of shit.
>>
>>382654325
>DaS2 defender too dumb to read
Fail
>>
>>382654731
You lost, yield gracefully. Don't be a child.
>>
>>382651002
blockade 3D and brain/out
>>
>>382651002
Dark Souls series
>>
>>382651002
Batllefield except infantry maps in bc2. I fucking hate dying to planes and tanks when I'm just some soldier and there's nothing I can do.
>>
Any Battlefield game.
>>
>>382651002
Metroid: Other M
God of War 2
Resident Evil 6 outside of the Mercenaries mode
Any CoD game

>>382651540
I can never understand how someone could like one UC game and hate the others. It's practically all the same shit. Generic, overrated trash btw, except for some parts of the campaign in each game and the multi.
>>
Overwatch. I tried to get into it because I had a bunch of friends who played and liked it but it's just torture to me. Bad maps, bad "characters", no story or progression whatsoever, and any and all rewards are just useless cosmetic items. Even if you like competitive games the balancing is shit and out of the 20ish heroes I only ever see the same 10 used over and over.

I truly don't understand why people are still playing this shit. What could possibly keep you coming back?
>>
>>382651002
Sonic 06, a game that gets progressively worse the more you play it. Few games can match that.

Other M. I don't need to say more.

Can't really say I can think of worse. I know of some Greenlight games that look like shit but I don't usually play those myself.

I guess Lair kinda sucked? Literally got fucking frustrated as hell with the controls on the first fucking mission and dropped it.
>>
>>382653008
>>/v/ is the only place that hates it
That's actually been the opposite of my experience.
>>
The Darkness II
The most annoying protagonist in the most cliché story ever.
>>
>>382651002
WoW Legion
>>
>>382651002
Borderlands 2. I've never played a game that bored me as bad as this did. It was fucking dreadful.
>>
>>382653008
I like this list
>>
File: bc9.jpg (275KB, 1555x737px) Image search: [Google]
bc9.jpg
275KB, 1555x737px
>>382653008
>cuck cant into soul memory
>>
>>382662035
>Soul memory mattering to anyone but PvPtards
>>
>>382661936
Second to this. I loved the first game and I thought the second one would sooner or later become like it. It never did
>>
File: header.jpg (52KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
52KB, 460x215px
Fuck my friends for convincing me to buy this game. And fuck all games similar to this like Destiny.
>>
>>382660832
The explenation is obvious, anon, isn't it?

All those hundreds of thouseands of people who play it all the time, who enjoy it? They must obviously be dumb and you are smart. So smart, anon, for figuring out that Overwatch is shit.

Obviously you are smarter than all of those other people. What else could it be?

Good job, anon. You are so smart.
>>
>>382661747
Did you play The Darkness 1?
>>
>>382651002
Golden Sun. All of them.
>it's supposed to be a throwback to classic NES RPG's!
>but with every outdated and criticized facet of those games made 10x more obnoxious!
>>
>>382651002
>What is the legit worst game you've ever played
FFXIII
>>
>>382662495
Nope, got Darkness 2 from a bundle
>>
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
>>
>>382661654
Well /vg/ hates it too but /vg/ is just /v/ with more tripfags.
>>
File: deadisland.jpg (921KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deadisland.jpg
921KB, 1920x1080px
This piece of shit

I bought it full price when it came out and it has ZERO redeeming qualitys. I forced myself to complete it and have hated it ever since.

>Combat
broken janky spam fest where every weapon is the same interchangable pole with different stats

>enemies
3 or so enemys recycled throughout a 8 hour experience with no variety. They also scale with the player so leveling is almost pointless

>weapons
guns feel like shit and melee weapons have already been discussed. Crafting mechanic is just an overcomplicated way to buff stats on weapons and does nothing to alter thier behaviour

>level design
every level has infinite spawning zombies and the open worlds are empty corridors with nothing to do

>leveling system
just adjusting stats and does not alter gameplay whatsoever

>missions
EVERY mission is a fetchquest/ "go to x and kill x" from what i remember. The laziest and most boring missions ive ever experienced in a game.

>story
almost non existent.

The ONLY thing the game might have going for it is co-op. Even that is boring because the only things you can do is stat grind and do fetch quests with friends
>>
Objectively:
Blades of Time
>Cringeworthy VA
>Bad story
>All over the place (in a bad way) gameplay
>Meh graphics
>Dem ass and titties though

Subjectively: Tales of Symphonia
>>
>>382664115
Also to add to this the fact that everything is leveled and numbered in the game (HP, enemy HP, enemy level, damage from weapon, weapon stats, your stats) completely ruins any kind of immersion you might have and constantly reminds you that you're playing a hollow stat fest. Truly a piece of shit.
>>
>>382651002
MEA
This game literally ruined me as a person
>>
>>382664712
>buying bioshit post tortanic
you only have yourself to blame
>>
>>382664712
>he bought ME:A

I'm so sorry annon.
>>
I bought Brink
>>
>>382653535
>BECAUSE people hyped it up as difficult.
you're a retard who takes advise from other retards. congrats.
>>
>>382664712
there were so many warnings what the hell were you thinking?
>>
>>382663689
4chan is the only place I see anyone saying 2 is their favorite of the series though. Everywhere else I go I either see people saying it's not as good as the rest of the series but still overall a good game, or that it's just a bad game period.

Again this isn't calling anyone a liar but those words don't jive with what I've personally seen happening.
>>
>>382664889
You right, i did a horrible mistake and i will never forget it. Not sure what i expected, guess i belived that there is no way they will ruin such simple concept and learn from DAI.
>>
Inquisition

Really I mean it

Combat was awful pressing skills off cd and then holding trigger

Areas were complete garbage with not one quest being actually interesting

Crafting was overdone for minimal advantages

Fucking horses were more of a hassle so I just ran around and it was faster

Classes were shit (people said they get better with advanced classes but that's fucking too far in)

All the interesting lore shit was removed and made into an assassins creed mages vs templars

Characters not only looked like shit but were absolutely unlikeable holy fuck this was the worst part

Even the interface instead of parchment shit went tier lower and fucking geometric reeeeeee

I cant possibly show my disdain for that game more
>>
>>382665504
>women
>learning
wew
>>
>>382664712
>ruined me as a person

Wanna explain that? Cause I'm curious.
>>
>>382665323
I like it. The game just feels more comfy than the others.
>>
>>382665618
Now i know. At least that was very educational expirience
>>
File: Deadly_Premonition_cover_art.jpg (41KB, 256x315px) Image search: [Google]
Deadly_Premonition_cover_art.jpg
41KB, 256x315px
>>382651002
I don't know why I hate this so much but I do.
I totally understand why someone else would like it but fuck
>>
File: Secret_of_Mana_Box.jpg (21KB, 250x171px) Image search: [Google]
Secret_of_Mana_Box.jpg
21KB, 250x171px
Everyone would always tell me how amazing this game was.

I originally played it as a kid, but gave up at that tiger boss. Hated it the entire time up to that point.

Replayed it as a teenager. Beat the tiger boss. Hated it. Got magic. Hated it. Got the stupid furry dragon thing. Hated it.

Beat the game. Hated it the entire fucking time.

If it wasn't for the chain magic glitch that EVERYONE uses, this game would be hated much more.

>BUT ANON SEIKEN DENSETSU 3 IS EVEN BETT-

Fuck off.
>>
File: game.png (13KB, 452x604px) Image search: [Google]
game.png
13KB, 452x604px
Oh man, pic fucking related. What an absolutely shit game
>>
>>382665995
HOW DARE YOU!?
>>
The Little Britain game

Yes, it's a thing.

Yes, it's regarded as one of the worst games ever for good reason.
>>
>>382651660
This so fucking much. I was memed into the second playthrough hoping it will get better. By the middle of 9S story I couldn't take this anymore. It's just a bad game, it's not fun, it looks like shit and the "best OST of all time" is just 10 catchy tracks on a loop playing for hours and hours and hours. By forcing myself to play it I actually made myself hate it. One of the few games I actually HATE, most bad games I just drop when I stop having fun.
And the DEEP story is just an embarrassment. I've been a weeb since 1999, this story is literally nothing, it's just old cliches repeated again, for the new generation of weebs who never saw those cliches the first hundred times they were used.
It did have ONE cool moment though, when it played back a video of your own playthrough at the start of 9S story. That's about it really.
>>
Nier:Automata, gameplay was so dull I just preffered to read the story online than to play that game.
>>
>>382651002
Fallout 4
>>
>>382665995
Lmao mad cuz bad
Git gud fgt
>>
dragon age 2
gothic 4
>>
>>382651002
Final Fantasy X
>>
>>382665684
I just cant stop seeing sjw shit everywhere. I did not care about niggers, faggots, ugly people in videogames, but now, after how offencife whole story with MEA and Bioware was, i just cant stop see them. Even new Wolfienstein, one of my favorite shooter, was ruined by black woman with curvy hair. Why do i care? I did not care before MEA. I did not care when Mafia 3 came out (i did not brought or play Mafia 3). I did not care when Dishonored 2 came out. It was ok game but black woman or fem protagonist wasnt it flaws (in my opinion). But its over now. I cant play Dishonored 2 anymore. I cant even play Prey without somehow finding lesbo romance side story in it. What do i do with myself not?
>>
>>382651002
morrowind.
>>
>>382651258
This and BioShock:Infinite I hate with a passion, such a beautiful setting wasted on garbage level designs and chaotic gameplay. Bioshock 4 better be going back to its original gameplay and underwater setting.
>>
>>382666390
with myself now*
My ingladsky is very bad, sorry
>>
>>382666165
The DLCs make the game better :)
>>
>>382653081
i did that with eternal sonata
there isn't even trophies for it
I also did the optional dungeon
>>
>>382656643
yeah that game was fucking awful
>>
>>382662404
>having dyslexia
>>
>>382654432

Never seen that game before
>>
File: b49.jpg (36KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
b49.jpg
36KB, 680x680px
>>382653967
>As for the gameplay, it never intended to be a fully fledged hack n slash

The word you are looking for is casual. Also

>BEING CASUAL IS A FEATURE, REEEEEE!!!!!
>>
>>382651660
Bayonetta for me. Fuck that repetitive, cliche, cheesy shit.
I liked Nier, though, unironically and all.
>>
Ruins of Myth Drannor. I bought it expecting something more akin to baldurs gate, but what I got was a fucking mess that pisses me off whenever I see the cd case on my shelf. Its a stain on the Dungeon and Dragons name and is quite possibly the worst CRPG made. What makes it worse though is that there are hipsters now hailing it as an underrated masterpeice.
>>
>>382651002
Silent Hill Homecoming. It fails at literally every front from plot to graphics to dialogue to technical issues to gameplay. Yamaoka's music is the only non-shit thing about it.
>>
>>382666976
The Nier is for casuls meme holds true once again
>>
>>382665323
The other side of that coin is that 4chan is the only place that I regularly see people express hatred for the game instead of just saying it wasn't as good as the rest of the series. I see people say they love/hate it everywhere, but those are usually rare extremes. /v/ sticks to one extreme as a rule.
>>
>>382651002
Sword of the Stars 2. Not only is it master of orion 3 bad, but it was also such a letdown when the first one is so solid.
>>
>>382651002
>enter the thread expecting AAA games
>yep there they are
I feel like /v/ does nothing but play those and only those games, but have never seen a game that crashes every 15 minutes, has bugs everywhere, looks like a bad game from early 3D era and has barely working controls.
>>
>>382651002
Elsword

I fell for the korean meme and played this garbage. The game's balance was so awful that the most balance stage of the game was when skills one shot.
>>
>>382665948
play secret of evermore instead.
>>
>>382653704
This. I cant stop plaing because i just like seeing my elo rise even tho its fucking pointless since the game doesnt take skill.
>>
>>382653704
Not really. The ice wall mechanic is a good example of a pretty innovative feature being integrated really well. if you think about, you're terraforming a level in an online FPS. That would be a cover feature in a shittier FPS.
>>
Destiny. Even bought all the dlc to see if they could fix the train wreck and they were so close with the 3rd dlc
>>
>>382654465
t. brainlet jian
>>
>>382667819
They never were close, even the best moments felt like poor man's Halo and there wasn't even enough of those moments
>>
File: 1494765142688.png (24KB, 157x159px) Image search: [Google]
1494765142688.png
24KB, 157x159px
>>382651002
Sonic Adventure. That game is bad. Boring and bad. Glitchy, boring and bad. I'm not going to tell you what to like but if you like sonic adventure it's 100% nostalgia and nothing else.
>>
>>382651002
Assassin's creed 3
>>
This piece of shit.

I don't even remember how I got my hands on it.
>>
>>382653081
I know one of the guys that made the game.
>>
>>382668008
>what is Chao Garden
Get the fuck out of here
>>
>>382651002
TES Oblivion
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Any NFS game after Carbon sans HP 2010

Certainly not the worst games I've ever played and I can stand playing them if I really want to, but I still fucking hate them with passion.
>>
File: 1438128153248-1 (2).jpg (33KB, 122x190px) Image search: [Google]
1438128153248-1 (2).jpg
33KB, 122x190px
>>382665063
I pre-ordered Brink. I've played worse games though, I'm just glad I didn't pay for some of those.
>>
>>382653329
This. Absolutely everything about DA2 was horrible though

>same 5 or so maps for every mission other than the deep roads chapter
>the most retarded story I've ever experienced in any medium
>every party member is horribly written and completely unlikable besides Varric

they had to have actively tried to make a bad game
>>
ace combat: assault horizon
holy shit, literally everything about that game is absolute trash. it's unimaginable how they could make a game THAT BAD - it's particularly striking because the series up until that point had been SO GOOD.
it is, by far, the WORST game i have ever played. it's mind bogglingly horrid, which seems strange because it's a fucking jet flying game, how could you fuck that up? especially when you have so much experience making GOOD jet flying games? well oh boy, they sure fucked it up, with a fucking VENGEANCE. what a piece of garbage.
nothing else comes close, really
chrono cross is fucking shit too
>>
Pic related. At least I didn't buy it.
>>
>>382667245
It's because of the expectations that come with both. If I play a game that looks like shit and was made by a single Chinaman, then I'm not going to be too surprised when it's a piece of shit. If I play a AAA game, I expect some level of quality, even if I'm not expecting it to amaze me, and if all the game has going for it is that it functions and is not a bug ridden mess then I'm going to be upset with it because there's no good reason for why the only good thing about the game is that it functions.
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.