[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me glitches in video games youve seen other people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 14

File: 1493100080919.jpg (26KB, 324x290px) Image search: [Google]
1493100080919.jpg
26KB, 324x290px
tell me glitches in video games youve seen other people wouldnt believe
>>
I got to the bottom of an elevator shaft in Halo and survived

I guess one other person would believe me because I was playing co op with my buddy and he killed himself and respawned next to me down there, but thats it
>>
>>382649080
>I guess one other person would believe me because I was playing co op with my buddy and he killed himself
shit man I'm really sorry to hear that
>>
>>382649180
killed himself in game dingus
>>
in mario 64 there's this weird bug i kept abusing that made me teleport to the ceiling of tick tock clock
i still remember how to do it even to this day
>>
>>382649281
fuck that's even worse
let me know if you need someone to talk to man I'm here for ya
>>
>>382649080
sorry for your loss
>>
>>
>>382649343
can you do it with no a presses? asking for a friend
>>
>>382649343
OKAY (((HENRY)))
>>
>>382649542
I don't believe that
>>
>>382649558
yeah, the way I do doesnt need the A button
>>
>>382649343
oh shit anon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNzTUdOHm9A
>>
>>382649614
>>382649737
enjoy your 1k dollars friendo
>>
>>382648907
Yesterday, in last light, I climbed up the little car you drive and got on top of the map. It was slightly interesting.
>>
File: 4356346.jpg (75KB, 256x331px) Image search: [Google]
4356346.jpg
75KB, 256x331px
>>382648907
My first playthrough of Halo: CE all the flood in the mission "343 Guilty Spark" were friendly.

It was very confusing as I thought they were suppose to be friendly and it didn't make any sense to me. It wasn't until the next mission that they became hostile, and at that point I thought I'd done something wrong to make them hostile, so I reloaded my last checkpoint. They were still hostile.

I didn't have the luxury of internet back then, so I didn't know any better until a friend and I were talking about the game and he told me "how creepy that swamp mission was". After asking him how he got the flood to stay friendly he told me that they aren't friendly, and that they were enemies.

At that point I realized it was a bug. Never saw it again after that.
>>
Skyrim. Nobody else knows this glitch, and it's my brother's claim to fame. Never been patched, nobody even knows.

Underneath the bridge leading to Dragonsreach, there's a skeleton body. Drag it all the way up the left side of the bridge (coming to, might need some help with an ice spike or a lightning bolt) and you'll phase through the floor, closer to the top of the entire map than using the default "latter and Jorrvasker" glitch. Very nice, try it next time you play.
>>
>>382650314
are you implying people don't phase through walls with objects in Skyrim all the time?
>>
>>382648907
the famous "ascension of the Jackdaw" glitch happened to me once in Black Flag, and it was cool, but I'd already seen the youtube video so it wasn't a massive surprise

what WAS a big surprise was when Edward is talking to his daughter on the ship at the end during the credits, in my game there were clouds floating past the ship, I couldn't see any water that the ship should have been floating on, and there was no crew on the deck except for Edward at the wheel, and his daughter sitting behind him
I thought it was meant to be artistic, or metaphorical
then suddenly the ship flew upwards and emerged into the waves from below, then the dead crew fell from the sky onto the deck

it ruined the emotional impact of the ending, but I was crying with laughter for about 5 minutes
>>
there was some old nethack-like game on the sega megadrive, with barebones rpg mechanics.

if you swapped to a bow from a melee weapon, you got a -1 attack penalty to make up for the range. swapping back to a melee would give you the +1 back.

if you got two bows, and swapped from bow to bow, you could stack the -1 down to 0, then roll it over for 999 and oneshot everything in the game
>>
I once got two cacodemons to fight each other in Doom 2.
>>
There was this weird glitch in the first Mass effect, during the mission on the lava planet. At one point I was teleported way back into the map, stuck inside the Mako. It actually happened in the same place in both runs.
>>
>>382648907
In vanilla WoW, right before the first expac came out, you could blink past the entrance to the deadlines and keep walking through terrain to explore some of the new textures and environmental stuff they were going to be using.

You could do much the second thing to enter the tomb of upside down sinners
>>
I got stuck in a still-locked Coal Harbor in Need for Speed Underground 2
>>
File: 1472020532484.jpg (89KB, 764x431px) Image search: [Google]
1472020532484.jpg
89KB, 764x431px
>>382649343
>>382649614
ANON WE NEED TO KNOW
>>
Catan on the Xbox 360, I have an unpatched version still sitting there that allows the Trial to glitch into the full version of the game when you go into the options and fuck with some of the settings.

Likewise, I played Destiny for free on the PS4 for a year or so, after the trial ... never stopped? Not only did I not get restricted to playing all of Taken King and what not, but I could play all the online and PvP, Raids etc without PlayStation Plus. Eventually one day it fixed itself Q.Q and that was the end.

Other bugs? Division, I found a glitch where you drop off a ledge while holding the shield it stayed up - sniper + shield combo! Would have been overpowered but I could only pull it off a few times and the next patch probably fixed it.

No one else had these glitches and anyone I told, told me I was a hacker and shit.
>>
I managed to complete few puzzles in Talos in ways that were not intended.
The solutions are not available on guides or videos on youtube,and I looked to make sure.
>>
File: 1492000403189.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1492000403189.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>382648907
they make these birds pretty tough
yaru ne
>>
I once killed a man... With THIS THUMB!
>>
File: serious sam.webm (852KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
serious sam.webm
852KB, 600x338px
this glitch left me speechless OP
>>
File: capture-2.png (225KB, 491x347px) Image search: [Google]
capture-2.png
225KB, 491x347px
in ISS deluxe, i've seen a wounded player fall from his stretcher while the stretcher bearers kept walking.
me and 1 or 2 friends are the only people in the world who ever saw that
>>
File: half-life 2 xbox.jpg (94KB, 640x899px) Image search: [Google]
half-life 2 xbox.jpg
94KB, 640x899px
In og xbox version of Half-Life 2 you could take any flat item ie. those wooden platforms that are laying all over the place, place it under your feet, jump and grab it at the same time, and when you kept jumping you could fly around with that item like it was a magic carpet. Just like in those troll physics comics.

I recently tried to do it with the PC version, but it doesn't seem to work. You don't need a gravity gun for this, and I don't think it even works with gravity gun. You can do this as soon as the game starts, and you can explore the roofs of City 17, go to places you were never intended to go etc.
>>
>>382648907
you can knife general Amsel in W@W
>>
>>382652624
https://youtu.be/ClZEGkxKjM8?t=1m17s
>>
>>382652173
>happier and with your mouth open
>>
>>382652958
KEK
>>
watched the re:view didja?
>>
>>382652624
One reason I still keep the XB version of HL2 is just for fucking around with that glitch. As far as I know it was present in really early builds of the game but was patched out of the PC version ages ago.

Really fun times exploring the boundaries of this game with just pieces of wood and shit.
>>
File: 14379826436_9cd9f916b9.jpg (42KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
14379826436_9cd9f916b9.jpg
42KB, 500x282px
My friend and I summoned Witch Beatrice to fight against the 4 kings.
We failed a lot of times but in one of our attempts, the moment we got into the fight with 4kings, I don't know whether it was him, me or the witch one shot the boss.
I asked the steam forums if it has happened to anyone but it seems like it hasn't.
>>
>>382651951
the only reason why you can never find chocobo meat in the game while you can still eat giant monsters
>>
>>382648907
I sandwiched my Sly 2 disc in the tray when I first got it, but now I can walk through the lumber mill in Chapter 7 and restart the missions for that entire chapter (when normally you can't replay missions)
>>
File: facestab.png (411KB, 733x642px) Image search: [Google]
facestab.png
411KB, 733x642px
>>382648907
>>
Completed gta sa story mode to the point where you had to buy some property to progress but for some reason was not able to do so, I don't think a game has ever fucked me over like that
>>
>>382656474
Happens all the time hand in hand with not being able to save your game since there is save point.
>>
>>382656474
That happened to me too, but I think I fixed it somehow. Also I got the glitch where you can't play basketball, as well as the one where you can't use the gym. That game was buggy as hell.
>>
>>382651140
It's still there.
>>
Back in Vanilla WoW I was checking my reputation tab for some reason only to find it had three new entries, Orcish Horde listed twice and Guild. All three were Neutral.

I took a screenshot but then later ended up formatting the hard drive so any proof is long since gone
>>
>>382648907
I beat OoT without getting the Goron Tunic.
Never saw anyone talking about that, so...
>>
I had a glitch in Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D where I managed to make Krauser Literally invincible(save from 1-hit kill atacks) Easily breezed through the game after that.
>>
I glitched a game somehow so I finished it in about 30 minutes.
The speedrunning record for it is 2 hours right now
>>
GTA V multiplayer glitch where my friend was in an indestructible invisible car
>>
>>382652624
You can do this in Garry's Mod.
>>
>>382652256
Good taste anon
>>
>>382650314
tcl
>>
>>382648907
In Tony Hawk's Project 8 there is a very specific fence in the school area a friend and I discovered that if you hang off of and then bail will literally propel you upwards until you hit the ceiling of the map. Worked every single time.
>>
>>382660070
that wasnt a glitch. modders spawn those.
>>
>>382648907
>My friend got fallout 4 on release.
>I'd never played a fallout game so mess around a bit in his game
>Bullshit him that I knew a super secret gamebreaking trick that I saw on the internet
>Did a bunch of reandom bullshit: Picked up a tyre, stood in a corner, looked down and held jump.
>Next thing we know we're at the top of the building we were next to
>this works for all buildings with a flat side

I broke the first bethesda game I ever played ad I had only played for 5 minutes
>>
File: 15642756879.jpg (47KB, 348x366px) Image search: [Google]
15642756879.jpg
47KB, 348x366px
During the final segment of the War section in Conker's Bad Fur Day, I encountered one of the most absurd glitches I've ever seen or heard of.
In the part where you're running down the beach, dodging rocket launching Tediz(Tedizes? Tedi?) and making your way to the boats. Right before triggering the cutscene near the boats, a rocket exploded right next to me, sending me flying into the trigger without any health. Everything played out normally. The cutscene ended and I was back at the docks, with full health again. It's like nothing was wrong. But, the moment I stepped out into the main hub is when things got weird. The door behind me closed and slow started hovering up and away. I have no fucking clue what in the game's code made this happen, because it's such a specific and weird thing. It had to be some insanely obscure easter egg or joke or something. Either way, the door kept hovering way, way up in the air all the while making the metallic crane sort of sound.
It eventually floated all the way above Poo Mountain where it stopped. I could not reach it or interact with it in any way. It was just stuck up there.
The problem here is that you're supposed to go up to the exploded windmill at the top of the spiral mountain for a cutscene to progress the game. That didn't happen. There was no cutscene at the windmill and there was no cutscene outside the bank. I had broken the game.
I messed around in the file for a long time but there was just no way to progress. I did however find a stack of cash I hadn't seen before. Not that it did any good at that point, but hey.

https://youtu.be/Vfn26pcOq7A

This is the only video I've found that shows the results of the glitch.
>>
In halo ce on the guilty spark level i got unlimited ammo for the needler and found a shotgun at the beginning of the level. Never happened again
>>
Halo Combat Evolved. Would always kill Keyes on the first misssion to hear the Cortana dialogue "The Chiefs gone rampant, take him down" or whatever. One time I did it and I heard Chief reply "I didnt do it" or something along those lines. Had a friend with me who heard it too.

Cant find anything about it anywhere and i doubt anybody will believe it.
>>
File: jc.jpg (199KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
jc.jpg
199KB, 1366x768px
>>
File: victor[1].jpg (129KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
victor[1].jpg
129KB, 1280x800px
>>382649542
>>382649597
>>
>>382662791
fuck you want grandpa
you talking shit
ill put you in a home lardass
>>
>>382662791
i dont care if you served in the air force youre gonna die a mindless retard who shits his pants and nobodies gonna be there for you
>>
>>382662917
>>382663004
He's from a shitty British comedy show where his catchphrase was "I don't believe it!" you autist.
>>
>>382662791
fuck you
>>
>>382648907
One time in GTA VC, I spawned a tank with cheats.
It fell on top of me and was killing me by crushing me. I was able to use the health restore cheat to keep topping up my health for a few minutes too.
>>
>>382648907
Planetside 2 had very fancy ones

A patch once completely broke tank, by making them fire duds.EXCEPT if your canon was oriented around 90° from the front of your tank

Or that time when if you repared you tank by being on top of it, next time you exited it and you were at a lower elevation you were spawning 50m up in the air

Hell they even was a bug when there is a module to traverse energy shields, but it failed if you pressed either A or D while activating it
>>
In GW2 there was a thing where you glitched yourself out of the current map in special places, and if you fell down, you fell into water that was below every map. You could then swim to where you wanted, log out and log back in, and the game would place you in a "proper" position back on the map, often in impossible to reach places.

Also in GW2, there was a bug where cultureal weapons would cost 1/1000th of what they were supposed to cost in karma, so people would buy them in mass and use mystic forge to salvage/sell them. Anet banned everyone that used this method.
>>
In Vice City I was driving a convertable Stinger across the bridge to Starfish Island and got into a wreck and the car started falling into the water. I exited the vehicle as it was falling and about to collide with the water and somehow teleported back up onto the bridge.
>>
>>382648907
>Metroid Prime: Hunters
>Enter room where you're meant to be attacked by Kanden
>For whatever reason, he didn't load and was completely invisible with no AI
>"Fight" involved me finding his hitbox in the center of the room and slowly chipping it down because it had no head to headshot

Also, same game but not really a glitch
>Arcterra, fight against Noxus while Trace snipes at you
>Weaken Noxus down to critical hp
>Trace fires a laser and misses me, but friendly fires Noxus and kills him
>Doesn't unlock Noxus for multiplayer and he never appears in the game again for your entire save file
At least the room unlocked.
>>
File: dinner is served.jpg (125KB, 960x724px) Image search: [Google]
dinner is served.jpg
125KB, 960x724px
Me and my friends managed to accidentally activate a glitch in Project M where one controller port got to control two players in the game, basically you got to play as two characters at once. Luckily we had a capture card and recorded it but we haven't uploaded it anywhere yet. I have no idea how we activated it or if anyone else knows about it but I know one thing: it was fun.
>>
>>382664650
I think that's a genuine feature.
>>
I used to have a PC (p3-500) that would quit to desktop whenever it was losing a brood war game.
>>
>>382664058
>Doesn't unlock Noxus for multiplayer and he never appears in the game again for your entire save file

That sounds fucking hilarious. Though it's now defunct, hunters could still be unlocked via multiplayer at least, and Hunters's SP isn't a long game
>>
>>382651951
>Why did the chicken cross the road?
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.