[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is worth buying more, La-mulana, Pharaoh Rebirth,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1499066055329[1].png (891KB, 987x707px) Image search: [Google]
1499066055329[1].png
891KB, 987x707px
Which is worth buying more, La-mulana, Pharaoh Rebirth, or Hollow Knight?
>>
Hollow Knight
>>
>>382648016
hollow knight. la-mulana is great but youre getting memed by /v/ if youre getting it over hollow knight. never played pharoah
>>
Hollow knight, don't fall for the memes over La mulana. The game is as much metroidvania as cave story is.
>>
Mulana.
>>382648143
Never played it.
>>
Save your money and download Treasure Adventure Game.
>>
La mulana
But just get the free version to see if you can cut the mustard.

It's prettier anyways
>>
Not fucking Pharaoh Rebirth, that's for sure.

La-mulana I'd the better game but it's too cryptic for most people's taste. If you want something you're sure to enjoy then get Hollow Knight.
>>
>>382648016
Never played La-mulana or Pharaoh but I can say that HK is a solid game in its genre. I personally recommend it. I think we're getting an expansion soon as well, believe it's free but unsure.
>>
>>382648356
>Not fucking Pharaoh Rebirth, that's for sure.

What's wrong with it?
>>
>>382648016
Hollow Knight is pretty fun and plays really well as long as you have a controller.

La Mulana is also a pretty interesting game, just know that you will get stuck very quickly and if you don't want a guide to hold you through 70% of the game there's no point buying it in the first place.
>>
>>382648016

La Mulana if you're willing to stick with something for some time.

Hollow Knight if you just want something casual to enjoy.
>>
File: 1498686899249.gif (334KB, 400x475px) Image search: [Google]
1498686899249.gif
334KB, 400x475px
>>382648016
La-Mulana and Hollow Knight are both great and I'd suggest getting them both if you can. They do have a massive difference in difficulty though, and I mean it. La-Mulana not only has difficult boss fights and other sections, it's got shitton of puzzle solving with some really obtuse hints and in later game those hints are scattered around all over the ruins instead of the hints and corresponding puzzles being in the same area. The game doesn't seem that bad at the first tutorial area, but it gets much harder as it goes on and you seriously need to jot down every single tablet you come across since you don't know which tablets are lore and which ones will end up being hints for late-game puzzles, and the in-game tablet copying feature is unlocked later on and hilariously lackuster (it only holds a handful) to the point it's literally useless for keeping notes.

Hollow Knight in comparison is much easier to get into (it still has its difficult parts) and is a good game in its own right. Lots of exploration and rather non-linear progression. I think its only notable fault is the lack of weapon power-ups, the charged attacks you get aren't that superior to just using basic attack and the combat doesn't really evolve beyond basic slashing and jump attacking (not that La-Mulana has that stellar combat either but it does have fun hidden weapon power-ups). You do get movement and platforming enhancing abilities however which obviously also have their use in combat as well.
>>
>>382648770
The best part about hollow knight is truly being open world platforming, as soon you defeat the mantis at the beginning, THE ENTIRE map is unlocked for you.
>>
>>382648540
Nothing really, it's just not nearly as good as the other two.
>>
>>382648962

best sprite work out of the three. smoothest gameplay.
>>
>>382648016
I played La-Mulana to the end and it is overrated crap.
You jump like a butterfly and fall like a cannonball. Bosses have one of the worst hitboxes I have ever seem. Game breaking level design. Clunky controls. Pretentious and obtuse puzzles. Vital items are hidden behind unmarked walls. Certain items can be lost forever. Riddles are nonsense gibberish and I am saying this after discovering the solution. Hints in areas unrelated to the puzzle.

La-Mulana is extremely overrated by hipsters around here and if they finished this game, they probably did it with a guide. Most of the puzzles in this game are unfair and bad designed. At some point it just become a guess game. When I solved something I did not felt smart, but stupid for wasting my time in this shit.
>>
catacomb kids
>>
>>382649730
>you are just casul bro xd

La Mulana design choices is like kicking a door with a nail in your feet, sure it is hardcore, but it is stupid and dumb as fuck
>>
I liked hollow knight and pharaoh rebirth except for the mining cart level. I never understood the praise for la mulana.
>>
>>382648016
La Mulana is heavily focused in puzzles, unlike most metroidvanias. That can be a big pro or a big con, depending of your tastes.
>>
>>382648016
La-Mulana is one of my favourite games of all time, but it's not for everyone. Only get that if you like slowly exploring ruins filled with traps, while jotting every piece of text down in a notebook and using them to solve intricate puzzles. If that doesn't sound fun, don't get it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.