[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOW THE F ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO AIM WITH THESE?? seriously, i understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 23

File: sticks.jpg (15KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
sticks.jpg
15KB, 500x323px
HOW THE F ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO AIM WITH THESE??
seriously, i understand that a Controller provides comfort in a small device compared to kb+m, but what I don't understand is how someone can aim a gun with these.

>inb4 use aim assist

that can't really be the answer now, can it? please understand that I play on a PC and occasionally switch over to my tv to play singleplayer games like Metro from my bed.
But even then I feel very uncomfortable to aim using a controller. Flicking the crosshair on a spot i want to aim at is very hard for me.

Do "competitive" shooters on consoles still even use aim assist in a multiplayer environment?

This is not to be treated as a console hate thread, i am rather interested in tips on how to improve using Controllers instead of my trusty kb+m.
>>
>>382646274
>i am rather interested in tips on how to improve using Controllers instead of my trusty kb+m.

stop using DS4
>>
>>382646274

Regular use will improve your ability.
Aiming with control sticks isn't hard at-fucking-all.
>>
>>382646274
just practice you fucking mong
that's literally the answer to everything
>>
>>382646382
joke's on you I use the xbone 2016
>>
Practice gives perfekt. It's not that hard. I've played FPS on consoles since I was 7, 20 years ago, and I have no problem at all aiming with sticks.
>>
Try to do fine lateral aiming by strafing instead of trying to turn with the right stick.
Turn on autoaim (controllers suck ass without it, period).
Mess with sensitivity to get it right.

Personally I hate controllers but I can still pick them up and use them if necessary, as someone who plays FPS games on PC almost exclusively it always feels shit to go play a console game with a controller at a friend's house, but you just gotta get used to it.
You gotta accept that you'll never be as accurate, fast, snappy and have finesse with the controller.
>>
>>382646274
Remember how shit you were with kb+m when you first started using it? It's like that.
>>
You're supposed to turn the gyroscope on and use it for fine movement while the sticks are for broad movement
>>
>>382646274
>HOW THE F ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO AIM WITH THESE??

git gud. This is why console gamers are more skilled gamers. Mouse and keyboard are too easy to use that even babies can do it.
>>
File: 1466374995655.gif (933KB, 563x384px) Image search: [Google]
1466374995655.gif
933KB, 563x384px
>>382646274

>being one of the few people who can handle using both kb+m and controller aiming

Obviously I wouldn't want to use a controller vs PC, but controller vs controller is fine and KB+M and KB+M is fine. Both are really fun and honestly some games work better than others depending on the control scheme. I had a lot more fun playing Blacklight Retribution on PS4 because the game wasn't simply stack hp+damage, mobility was actually important while on PC speedbuilds were absolutely fucking useless.

This petty PC mustard race bullshit has got to stop, though. I see way too many of them be absolutely shit at using controllers in FPS and blame the game for it when millions of people use them and can pull off consecutive headshots with single shot rifles in games (then they blame autoaim when the game doesn't have autoaim on the rifles).
>>
>>382646274
some games are designed for gamepads
some games are put on consoles to make money for businesses and they don't really give a shit if you like it or not
deal with it.
>>
Original Doom didn't even have mouse for you to aim when it was first released. Shit was all done on keyboard.

kiddies these days are so spoiled by mouse to aim that they can't learn how to use anything else.
>>
File: 1496945526500.png (51KB, 920x900px) Image search: [Google]
1496945526500.png
51KB, 920x900px
>>382646945
>I am a more skilled driver in my Miata than a Formula 1 driver because mine goes slow

Console babby logic
>>
>>382646382

Why would he stop using the superior controller?
>>
>>382646274
Just practice I've only used a gamepad a few times since switching to PC only 6-7 years ago but I'm still pretty good with one because of the years I spent growing up playing FPS with them.

>inb4 use aim assist
They are totally fine for single player shooters though and I wouldn't really feel bad about using aim assist if using a controller is more comfortable in some situations. Even devs know how shitty controllers are for aiming that's why aim assist is standard on all FPS on console. I would avoid any sort of MP shooter though because you will get your shit slapped no matter how good you are on a controller.

>Do "competitive" shooters on consoles still even use aim assist in a multiplayer environment?
Completely standard on all console shooters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5twb9P4BdE
I know the video is total cancer but it gets my point across watch what happens when he turns off aim assist. He suddenly becomes completely shit this is a "pro" on a console FPS, pro console FPS players use extremely aim sensitivity and completely rely on aim assist because its impossible to replicate the quick flicking you can do on PC at low sensitivity otherwise.

>Flicking the crosshair on a spot i want to aim at is very hard for me.
Its kind of a different skill you have to use. Instead of quickly flicking to a target you get a feel overtime for how long you need to hold the stick to hit reach your target, as I originally said it just comes with time but as I mentioned with my video link high skill console players rely entirely on aim assist for the most part.
>>
>>382647060
that's not even the same analogy. A better one would be comparing using a manual stick or a automatic stick.
>>
I actually want cross-platform to be a thing.

I want to test out my theory that I'm good enough on controller that I give most average PC players a hard time to kill me.
>>
File: fps_evolution (2).jpg (707KB, 1280x1821px) Image search: [Google]
fps_evolution (2).jpg
707KB, 1280x1821px
>>382646274
>aiming with a mouse
>(((realistic)))

kys.com
>>
File: gek.jpg (46KB, 445x615px) Image search: [Google]
gek.jpg
46KB, 445x615px
>>382646274
There's a thing called muscle memory.
By doing certain actions repeatedly they become easier and more of a second nature.
Your stupid question is akin to "How the fuck can anyone drive manual cars?"

> i am rather interested in tips on how to improve using Controllers instead of my trusty kb+m.
Simply use a controller for shooters over a long period of time until you get used to it. Nothing else to say. If you want to use M&K on consoles buy a Xim4.
>>
>>382647140
no it doesnt. Manual and automatic perform about the same yet one requires more skill. Analog stick cant ever compete with mouse
>>
>>382647159
A lot of PC FPS let you use controller if you wanna try it out
>>
File: 1498958387935.png (16KB, 422x437px) Image search: [Google]
1498958387935.png
16KB, 422x437px
>>382647159
Just use a controller on PC to test it out.
>>
>>382647283
>>382647312

Unfortunately I don't have a gaming computer. I just have a 12 year old laptop I use to browse the internet. Else I would've by now. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>382647279
>Manual and automatic perform about the same yet one requires more skill.

And that's exactly what I said about analog sticks and mouse. Analog stick requires more skill to use.

>Analog stick cant ever compete with mouse

GIT GUD. If others can use it just fine, then you should be able to too.
>>
>>382646274
Get a steam controller. Not even memeing, I got this thing as a gift, and after a little bit of discomfort from being so used to a Ds4, I won't go back. This thing is so good for aiming, it's the best middle ground for mouse and a controller. It requires big picture and it's not plug and play tho, which is a shit.
>>
>>382647354
Play CSGO. It'll at least run at the shitty 30fps you're used to on the lowest settings. Source engine games are really well optimized.
>>
File: 85c.gif (490KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
85c.gif
490KB, 256x256px
>pcfags complain how hard it is to aim with analog sticks even with aim assist
>same pcfags insist that using a mouse takes more skill though
>>
>>382647451
When the fuck has a PCbro said that mouse takes more skill show me fucking screenies and a link.
>>
>>382647451

I'll look into it, thanks.
>>
File: 1482408830036.jpg (3MB, 10000x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1482408830036.jpg
3MB, 10000x10000px
>>382646274
It's honestly just getting used to it and what you grow up with. Growing up I was a CoD kiddie on the 360 so the constant exposure to controllers gets you used to it. Years later I stopped console gaming and then came back to it and I felt the same you did. Just try getting used to it, adjust sensitivity if that'll help. Or you can just not play FPS games on console.
>>
>>382647073
>symmetrical sticks on bottom
>superior
Here's your (you)
>>
>>382647378
>git gud
Someone post the siege webm. You know the one
>>
>>382647487
Try reading the first sentence in this thread.
>>
>>382647378
>others can use it just fine
with heavy auto aim and incredibly lax hitboxes lmao.
Dude controller is for third person movie games not aiming. No matter how good you are at fiddling your thumb you will always be BTFO
>>
>>382647060
>being such a dumb nigger you can't even use a proper analogy

Lel
>>
>>382647451
Ppl just don't like leaving their comfort zone so it's easier to talk shit about something than to just accept you're bad at it for a little bit and practice till you aren't. I've had a PS4 for like 4 weeks now and I could barely play single player games because my aim was so fucking bad, now I don't even think about it.
>>
>>382646648
W O O M Y
>>
>>382647451
PC master racists say it is better, not that it requires more skill
>>
>>382647553
>with heavy auto aim and incredibly lax hitboxes lmao.

Even with all that, you're bitching that it's too hard to use analog sticks. Makes you wonder how fucking retarded your entire thread is.
>>
>>382647120
That video gave me cancer.
>>
>>382647451
>drivers complain how hard it is to steer with oil on the track
>same drivers insist that not having oil on the road but being able to driving to do timetrials on the clean track requires more skill than simply navigating the oil slicked track.
>>
>>382647608
>PC master racists say it is better, not that it requires more skill

nigga, have you been following the thread at all? This entire thread is PC mustards bitching about how impossible it is to aim with a analog stick.

If console kiddies can do it, why can't pc mustards? I guess they just don't have the skills.
>>
>>382647552
??????
>>
>>382647623
where did I bitch about it being hard to use a controller, you fucking monkey? I was pointing out that your analogy is retarded.
>>
>>382647742
What exactly do you fucking think it means genius? Especially when he posted a fucking picture of analog sticks.

This shit ain't rocket science.
>>
>>382646274
You acquire targets with the right stick and then do your fine aiming by sidestrafing with the left stick

Trying to follow a target with right stick aim usually won't be achievable because of the aim acceleration curve most games use which will just make you overshoot, the notable exceptions being Battlefield 4 (which is linear by default), DOOM 2016 and Titanfall 2 if you use the custom controller options.
>>
>>382647776
>where did I bitch about it being hard to use a controller, you fucking monkey?

READ THE FIRST SENTENCE IN THE FUCKING THREAD.
>>
File: 1499041742009.png (141KB, 379x304px) Image search: [Google]
1499041742009.png
141KB, 379x304px
>>382647795
What??????
>>
File: 1471818437183.png (325KB, 757x880px) Image search: [Google]
1471818437183.png
325KB, 757x880px
>>382647419
There there is only a single thing that it requires BPM for any more I think. You can find the global settings and configs in the steam settings, you can edit the game configs by having the controller on and right clicking on the game and BPM overlay (Which is needed for quick config edits) launches automatically with the game if you launch it while having the controller on. You only need it if you want to rearrange the controller order or edit the rumble settings.
>>
>>382647839
>everyone who replies to me must be OP
straight from reddit I see?
Lurk more before posting you fucking shitstain
>>
File: niche.jpg (24KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
niche.jpg
24KB, 500x344px
>>382647882
>>
>>382647795
How the fuck does that mean "Mouse and Keyboard take more skill"??????
>>
>>382647516

>Ergonomic comfortable resting position for both hands

You xbox fags are literally retarded
>Right hand is perfectly fine where it is. BUT THE LEFT HAS TO BE HIGHER AND AWKWARD TO HIT BECAUSE I'M A RAGE GAMER WHO CLAW GRIPS THE FUCK OUT OF MY CONTROLLER

The xbox controller is designed for people who have impulse control issues and can't help but mash their controller sticks.
>>
>>382646274
I beat Red Alert 2 using these.
Ask me anything.
>>
>>382647543

That webm is gold, but to be fair, Siege (When it first released on console) had AWFUL floaty aim and deadzone problems. Granted it's still shit on console, but the webm was within the first few months of release.
>>
File: 1499043030592.jpg (1MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1499043030592.jpg
1MB, 5000x5000px
>>382647950
I'm not even that guy xdddd I just found you're logic extremely retarded.
>>
>>382647953
> How the fuck does that mean "Mouse and Keyboard take more skill"??????

Never said mouse and keyboard takes more skill. I said analog stick takes more skill. Anyone can use mouse to aim. It's easy as fuck. But people like OP cannot use a analog stick.
>>
>>382648017
too bad for you, you're just too stupid to understand.
>>
File: 1498811422624.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1498811422624.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>382648036
When has a PCbro said that mouse takes more skill?
>T-the first sentence of the thread!
No!
>Y-yes
No!
>J-joysticks take more skill is what he said!
>>
Hey consolefags. Quake 3 or UT. 1v1. 3 rounds, all maps of your choice. But you have to use a controller.
>>
>>382648138
Well fuck my shit I meant to say
>J-joysticks being better is what we where talking about
>>
>>382646274
The answer is you aim a lot by moving instead of by aiming. So if a guy is left to my crosshead, I'd strafe to the left and shoot instead of turning the gun. It's just faster. And yes, you won't be competitive with online against mouse players, but you'll do fine in SP and it'll be fun once you get used to it. I prefer to play everything on the controller these days, it's more comfy. I stopped cared about 360 headshots a long time ago and controllers are actually better at allowing you to use gadgets and subweapons and stuff. You get to them quicker than you would on a keyboard
>>
>>382647905
Oh cool, wasn't aware that got changed. I've been using it with my steam link a lot lately and haven't just loaded up my pc to play something so I was under the assumption you still had to do it the old way. Nice to know they changed that.

Sorta off topic, but are you liking yours? I've only had mine for a bit, but I had a day or two of buyers remorse, and now after messing with it I can't believe how much I like the thing. It's still a little too big for my hands though, I've got baby hands, hoping they release a smaller version eventually.
>>
>>382648138
No response so far RIP
>>
>>382646274
You can't.

I used to play halo years ago on console and after 4 years of playing high rank it still never felt good.

A few things to understand though.
Strafe to line up shots, you NEED to do this.
Sensitivity UP rather than down that you are used to.
Preaim at corners of doorways and paths like you do on pc, this is even more important now.

But most of all, just fucking play it on pc.
>>
>>382646274
>that can't really be the answer now, can it?
it literally is

most of the most popular console shooters use auto aim so heavily it changes both the game and player's perceptions and expectation of what shooters should be

case in point Halo 4 where develoepr tried to tone auto aim down and got an outrage at how "wrong" the game felt

Shooters in general have been dead creatively (doesn't help that only impotent western studios are doing them) for 20 years.

The only shooters of any note with some thought put into their design are actually the ones that DON'T have any auto aim: Vanquish and Splatoon.
>>
File: Captain Falcon.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Falcon.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>382648251
He hasn't fucking responded.
This is my first conclusive internet arguement victory holy shit this feels amazing.
>>
I tried using a controller the other day to turn the music down on my little brothers' PS3, but couldn't stand using the controller. With that in mind, I couldn't imagine trying to play games on the thing.
That's just my personal preference. I'd imagine as you use it more, the more you'll learn to not hate it.
>>
>>382646574
its nothing like a KB+M. With a mouse you point and click, the movement is 1:1, with a joystick you're dealing with varying levels of acceleration at all times before you can even start thinking about your own reaction speed to whats on screen.
>>
I turn off aim assist whenever I can on console
I find that it fucks with my aim instead of helping me most of the time
GTA5 being the exception since so many enemy npcs have near perfect aim that locks onto you the moment you get in their line of sight and they just melt you
>>
>>382648685
Oh and besthashit rpgs have janky controls no matter how good you are
>>
>>382648878
Fo4 seems okay, but that's not really an rpg so I assume u meant the older ones
>>
>>382646274
On consoles you do more aiming with the left thumbstick than you do the right. Put the reticle on the enemy, let aim assist do its thing and then strafe back and forth to keep whatever you're shooting at centered
>>
>watch someone play fps with a controller
>They never aim up and down, they just keep it at chest/head height and swing left and right
Its like watching brolylegs play desu
>>
File: SUPERIOR.png (380KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
SUPERIOR.png
380KB, 640x600px
>>382647073
Pictured: the superior controller
>>
It's simple biomechanics:
You only have 9 skeletal muscles in your thumb to control the stick with while you have over 24 muscles groups between your shoulder and your forearm.

This means you're MECHANICALLY more precise by using a mouse because you have a higher degree of control on it rather than just a thumb over a small stick.
This is not an opinion, this is an objective fact.

The only way to make console shooters decent to play is to turn on autoaim and turn off your brain.
And never play online multiplayer, it's simply not worth it.
>>
>>382646574
Not open, but I recall zero issues picking up kbm. Opposite with controllers.
>>
>>382646274
top 3 world rainbow six vegas console player here.
can confirm this guy >>382647834 is right
>>
>>382646274
most of the time I turn off aim assist, even on CoD multiplayer, even if I get owned it still feels satisfying getting kills with actual effort.
The proper way to use sticks for aiming is to match with strafing, you got two sticks for a good reason. Also lots of practice with aim assist off.
I mostly use controller coz I injured my wrist, using a mouse gives better precision but controller is for comfy.
>>
File: 44556345434745.jpg (187KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
44556345434745.jpg
187KB, 800x800px
Get good white boy
>>
>>382646274
By combining aiming with strafing. It's not that hard nigga.
>>
CoD on Wii is the patrician choice tho
>>
>>382647451
Everyone in multiplayer games will be aiming/reacting faster, so you have to react faster too compared to slow ass controllers
>>
File: 1497996188586.jpg (146KB, 780x1096px) Image search: [Google]
1497996188586.jpg
146KB, 780x1096px
>>382649782
>Fate Zero/Kingdom Hearts/One Piece wallscrolls
>>
>>382647834
What do you do when your opponent is on higher or lower ground? Or like, jumping high in the air (like rocket jumping or pharah flying)
>>
>>382646274
trying getting good retard
>>
>>382649446
Better one here
>>
>>382646274
git gud
>>
>>382647953
>>382648138
>>382648251
>>382648574
The funny thing is that by arguing you never said mouse/keyboard takes more skill, you're basically implying and acknowledging that controller takes more skill.
>>
You use both to adjust aim, rather than just the look function. Im not saying its better than the precision of M+Kb but you just learn to fine tune your aim with your movement using both analogs.

TLDR; youll just learn it after some use.
>>
If you use it a lot, you will be good at it, just like anything else. It's not some new phenonmenon.
>>
>>382646274
dualshock 4's thumbstick is pretty bad for aiming
>>
>>382646274
you may have a bone disease

get those limbs checked OP
>>
>>382647721
Idiot detected. He's saying that PC master racists say that KB+M is better, not that it requires more skill.

Your argument makes no fucking sense, no one in the thread is bitching about how KB+M is hard to use. Man you're a fucking moron.
>>
File: maria-bamford.jpg (73KB, 250x376px) Image search: [Google]
maria-bamford.jpg
73KB, 250x376px
I play Overwatch on pc with a controller and it's more comfortable than kB+m and I do better, but I've player since like age 6 with twin sticks

I know I'm a shitter but whatever I have more fun that way
>>
>>382659875
Hate to say it but you're better off just playing on console, at least you won't be at a disadvantage then
>>
>>382660103
I do great and regularly get golds/potg. I dunno why thats so hard to believe for some kb+m fans
>>
File: 1474917028360.jpg (15KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
1474917028360.jpg
15KB, 189x267px
>>382646274
>PC fags claim to be the master race and can't even aim with analog sticks
>think that it takes skill to use a mouse with shooters

L M A O
M
A
O
>>
>>382647834
>Trying to follow a target with right stick aim usually won't be achievable because of the aim acceleration curve most games use which will just make you overshoot, the notable exceptions being Battlefield 4 (which is linear by default), DOOM 2016 and Titanfall 2 if you use the custom controller options.

This guy knows what's up.
>>
>>382660290
Post rank
>>
>>382650023
Move forwards and backwards with the left stick
>>
Why don't they add accelerometers to gamepad like the Vita, so you can position your sights close to the target and then fine-tune it with tilt? It's really easy to get headshots on vita because of it;not like a kb+m but as close as it gets
>>
File: 1491377505682.jpg (61KB, 535x516px) Image search: [Google]
1491377505682.jpg
61KB, 535x516px
>>382647905
you know that victorinox is the same model but with some stuff out in one pic and the rest in another?
>>
File: 4234234234.jpg (31KB, 680x365px) Image search: [Google]
4234234234.jpg
31KB, 680x365px
>>382646274
>HOW THE F ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO AIM WITH THESE??
You don't. Go watch shit like RS6:Siege "pro" tournaments on consoles and see how they aim. Your average PC player would absolutely destroy them.

They're not called peasants for nothing.
>>
The sticks on the DS4 are too short for my liking. Having shorter sticks gives you a smaller radius and less range of motion, making it difficult to make slight adjustments. If you have trouble aiming try using a controller with longer sticks, or find something that you can snap on to your sticks like Kontrol freeks or something similar. I like using Kontrol freeks but they're fucking expensive for a bit of plastic.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.