[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

reminder that the new kirby game will suck because ever since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: boring.png (935KB, 752x894px) Image search: [Google]
boring.png
935KB, 752x894px
reminder that the new kirby game will suck because ever since return to dreamland and the 3ds kirby games HAL doesn't realize that what made kirby fun is the fact that you are overpowered with lots of health and can mow down tons of enemies.

in the pursuit of making kirby games easier HAL has completely removed this "lots of enemies rushing at you at a time" aspect that the older games had. Leading to boring way less fun experiences that shits on the games whole point. Based on the new kirby trailer HAL hasn't learned this and it looks like the new kirby game will suck
>>
Yoshi Switch suffers from this same problem.

frankly both games need to add 3x the amount of enemies or else we are going to be playing boring mediocre trash with good graphics (which is sad because everything else is so perfect, all they have to do is make the games more like their predecessors in the enemy/challenge department)
>>
>>382643606
>new kirby game will suck
it better
>>
>>382643913
hilarious
>>
File: 1488035004431.png (207KB, 540x638px) Image search: [Google]
1488035004431.png
207KB, 540x638px
Nintendo has forgotten how to good game design. such breaking news
>>
Well I hadn't played any Kirby games since Nightmare in Dreamland and I recently beat Kirby Planet Robobot. I thought it was really fun to play as the robot and the powers were still pretty fun so I dunno about that.
>>
>>382644156
Jesus Christ that looks so much better
>>
The only fun part of Kirby is the boss fights, which is why PR is one of the worst games, they're almost all rehashes of past ones with slight remixes
>>
>>382643606
those are early stages tho.
>>
File: 1493079692628m.jpg (79KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1493079692628m.jpg
79KB, 1024x1024px
>>382644156
>add new type combo
>make it total shit
WHY
>>
>>382644156
>loses the pun

no
>>
>>382646638
>still a crab
>still an abominable snowman

Or is it some pun in one of the other language names
>>
File: 1498065614696.jpg (58KB, 400x410px) Image search: [Google]
1498065614696.jpg
58KB, 400x410px
>>382646105
>they're almost all rehashes of past ones with slight remixes
I wouldn't say they're bad because of that. I'd say they're bad because their shitty long as fuck phase changes that make them invulnerable just make repeated fights a chore. I also wasn't a fan of the subpar genre shift PR pulls with its main final boss. Yeah the throwback to SS was cool, but it wasn't particularly exciting either. Refighting Dark Matter and Sectonia in the Arena was much more enjoyable.
>>
>>382643606
I get the feeling that it's cherrypicking late game on the left and early game on the right.
>>
>>382644156
top looks like an ugly redneck,bottom is generic. top is just barely better overall
>>
Just want another game like Super Star with different modes to play. While I always enjoyed Kirby I just want more than what they tend to give. And Rainbow was nice but hate having to just look at the Gamepad to play it.
>>
>>382646710
it doesn't look like an abominable snowman - it looks like a white hairy thing

also the design suffers from "after the fact" - i.e. you design it after you've been told what it is, so you lose the initial "oh!" feel

and it misses the training gloves (implying it's old) and the puzzled look (it's supposed to be senile)
>>
>>382646783
That's just what bothered me the most, it felt really lazy to me when I was playing it. As for the phase change thing, I wasn't particularly bothered by it. I'm patient with those sorts of things, but I see why it would bother people.

I agree a lot on the final boss, I wouldn't have minded not-Star Fox just being one or two phases then a fight like Star Dream OS from True Arena, or fuck even just getting ONE actual boss fight with the Robobot that isn't just unscrew QTEs, but as it was it was incredibly lackluster. I don't really care much either way about the whole deepest lore thing they're going for lately either, so the "hey guys remember Super Star" thing did nothing for me. Like, I guess it's neat, but I don't really care. I found Triple Deluxe's attempt at a big climax a lot better.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.