[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the 3gb that bad for the 1060? I'll be upgrading from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 4L_4wB5DXhM.jpg (53KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
4L_4wB5DXhM.jpg
53KB, 450x450px
Is the 3gb that bad for the 1060? I'll be upgrading from a 650ti and just wanna play games in 1080p without lagging. I don't mind if it's not ultra settings tho.

I can't find a good answer on if it's worth the extra $60
>>
>>382626751
If you can get the 6gb id go for that but it's still a damn good card. It's actually better than my old 970
It should be able to play all current games no problem
>>
>>382626751
>3GB
>in the current year
You'll hate yourself for not spending the extra $40.
I bought the 960 2GB when it came out and right away the memory was a problem, and it's just going to get worse.
>>
>>382626751
Also, don't buy the evga with the single fan, it's the one with the heating problems because of a badly positioned heatsink. Either buy the SSC with double fans, or another brand.
>>
6gb is definitely worth it, like anon said you'll hate yourself in 2 years if you stick with 3
>>
>>382628002
It's a $75 difference from what I've been able to find.
>>
i thought the extra GB was only for if you recorded gameplay and/or streamed on twitch
>>
>>382629472
The prices are fucked up now, the 6GB cost me $240 when I got it.

>>382629662
What would memory have to do with streaming?
>>
>>382629862
I ordered a 3gb for 240 in store pickup at bestbuy by July 12. I have until it's available to cancel the order. 6gbs are $300
>>
>>382626751
> Upgrading from a 650ti

Yeah, you'll probably be good. That's already a huge leap in generational difference.
>>
>order the 6GB version
>store is run by a "friend"
>it arrives 1 week later
>it's the 3GB version
>It's another brand

That piece of shit, I wanted to punch him in the face but he's a frail lanklet and would probably cry and sue me, and I couldn't sue him since he is broke as fuck.

Anyway, the card works great, there's not a single game I can't max out at 1080p, but I fear for the future.
>>
>>382630694
What do you mean by max out?
Rise of the tomb raider drops to the low 20s with the 3GB, and even the 6GB can't hold 60fps at 1080p, it drops to the 40s in some places.
>>
>>382626751

Get the 6 GB one and make sure your covered so you won't need an upgrade for longer.

But prices right now are all sorts of fucked up due to cryptocurrency.
>>
>>382631065

I haven't played that game, I don't like Tomb Raider, but GTA V, and DOOM, run on ultra settings at 60 with drops, I also have a 4GHz processor so it might be that
>>
>>382631193
I'm gonna call bullshit on that. GTA5 needs more than 3Gb if you're maxing it. Unless you mean allowing it to drop to under 50fps which is not "maxing it", any game can be "maxed" if you disregard how it plays.
Doom might be fine.
>>
>>382631065
But if I'm not looking to completely max the fuck out of games I should be okay right? I can't even run Nier Automata on low with this 650ti
>>
>>382631639

OK
>>
>>382631668
Yeah, if you want to mix high/mid settings you'll be fine. My point was that it's better to wait until you can afford the 6GB version, because it will last longer and play better. Honestly, I don't get why they even have the 3GB version, it's wasting the rest of the card's power.
>>
>>382630694
You're full of shit pal, there are numerous consumer protection statutes that would have your "friend" thrown in the slammer on top of hefty fines. Get your money back you utter cuck weasel.
>>
>>382626751
You don't need more than 3GBs at 1080p unless you're running something like modded Skyrim with oversized texture packs or similarly unoptimized pieces of shit like Assassin's Creed: Unity or Arkham Knight.
>>
>>382631639

Oh >>382631791, I forgot, I don't use antialiasing, it gives you less frames, input lag, everything looks blurry, and it looks like shit in general.

>>382632049

I don't live in the US anon, I'd spend way more money trying to get my money back. And I doubt any judge here would even bother to read about the case. Besides, it was an oral contract, with no witnesses.
>>
>>382631936
I can afford a 6gb I just don't really care about graphics that much. I've been running a 650ti for like 4 years now. I've grown accustomed to subpar settings and as a primary consolefag I don't mind too much. I just literally can't move in some games now and others straight up won't run.
>>
>>382632283
How does antialiasing cause input lag?
>>
>>382632394

Well, apparently it doesn't, I guess having a shit tier in the past and trying on different graphics options AA included made me reach that conclusion.

Still, motion blur, AA, and all of that pointless shit is always off.
>>
>>382632706

*tier

Meant rig
>>
>>382626751
Get the 6gb
>>
what's the not-shit in power supplies right now
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.