[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is bad. Why don't devs let players have permanent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 521
Thread images: 54

This is bad.

Why don't devs let players have permanent summons anymore? Is it just out of spite to annoy the playerbase?
>>
>>382622328
Yes. They spend tons of time and money just to spite people
>>
>>382622328
>>382623929

Jay Wilson pls go.

The people who made D3 are not the people who made D1 and D2. They don't understand why it was successful, they're just nublizz who think just because they shat it out, people will eat it up.

The whole game was made to be balanced around limited skills and the AH.
>>
>>382624287
>limited skills

Do people seriously complain about this? Are you retarded? You have way more skills in your hotbar in Diablo 3 than you would ever use in a Diablo 2 character.
>>
>>382622328
>wanting permanent summons
>not wanting to perfectly time manage everything
Casuals like you ruined D3.
>>
what do you guys think of grim dawn?
>>
>>382624418
Maybe they didn't find elective mode, it is after all pretty well hidden.
>>
>>382624741
i tried it once but couldn't get over the artstyle or the interface and quit within 2 minutes
>>
>>382624795
its default now
>>
File: 1494743198674.jpg (9KB, 284x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494743198674.jpg
9KB, 284x300px
>>382624418

>praises the hotbar, effectively the same thing as the function keys and mouse wheel
>>
>>382624464
that's the problem with D3, really. it's no personality.

they designed the game around the AH, without it (and the dreadful balancing 'issues' like vanilla elites) it's just a Diablo-themed hacknslash, and a mediocre one at that.

the problem is that it was either D3 lite as it currently stands on 2.6 or dying in obscurity with a handful of autists playing it religiously.

I honestly prefer the later. at least it'd have stayed true to its (shitty) essence instead of an empty hollow of perpetual rift runs.
>>
>>382622328
are they really not permanent? then this goes back to the debate years ago, when they said something about the necromancer and witchdoctor coexisting, and how the two would feel too much like the same class.

I knew necromancer was a bad idea. should've asked for the druid or zon instead.
>>
>>382625105
Why bother to meme a game you've clearly never played (or at least since RoS) when there's barely a playerbase? Actual popular games make sense because you can mass trigger, but this is autism without a cause.
>>
>>382625620
>meme

I'm playing a necro right now nigger
>>
>>382622328
Is D3Necro fun?

I'm not paying fucking $20 for one class, though I like the concept of this DLC.

D3 simply wasn't good enough for me to put any more money into it.
The game has no soul.
>>
>>382625736
If you like snarky comments and watching your skeletons gangrape elites and watching everything die in explosions of blood and bone it's alright.
>>
>>382625802
>gangrape

I wish. I dish more damage with fucking disintegrate on my wiz.
>>
>>382625736
>D3 simply wasn't good enough for me to put any more money into it.
>The game has no soul.
then you haven't bought RoS yet? if you haven't bought RoS, you sure as hell shouldn't be considering to buy the necromancer pack.
>>
Can you at least increase how long your skeletons last? How does it work?
>>
>>382625946
I got RoS and it was fun on the first playthrough, though not enough for me to want to grind endgame bullshit.

Since the major content is just a character class, it's just replaying the old game that I didn't much care for to begin with.
>>
>>382625985
you get 7 skeletons that last forever. they're summonsed automatically.

mages cost essence to summon and last for like 4 seconds. the time can be increased but you'd be better off just spamming them.

you also get a single golem that works just like the skellies but is thrice as strong.

you can also revive monsters but it's not very useful.
>>
>>382625985
>>382626703
also the skeletons look like shit. even worse than your average skelly mob and no sense of progression whatsoever, just a different palette for different runes.

believe it or not that's my biggest gripe with the necro.
>>
>>382625358
Permanents are 7 skeleton and 1 golem
Temporary are up to 10 skeleton mages and up to 10 revived minions
The temporary ones last 10 seconds each, I believe
>>
>>382626828
I disagree, necro is loads of fun and messing with different skill builds is great. Corpse explosion is especially enjoyable, especially when you can stack skeleton mages and flesh golems for piles of potential corpse bombs.
>>
>>382627040
yeah, and that applies to every other class in the game. until you get to the end game, which should happen in a couple days if you know what you're doing.

corpse explosion is fucking useless in T1 even.
>>
>>382624287
>Who think just because they shat it out, people will eat it up

They're not wrong.
>>
Necro was really fun in Diablo 2 mostly because of your large army (way more than 7+1) along with an even larger non permanent revive army. Then there were the curses and corpse explosions.

The progression of "another level to get another skeleton to increase my army" is completely gone. That's my big problem with D3 necro.

D2 necro felt unique. D3 necro just feels like another D3 class with a Necro call back.
>>
>>382625946
hes a little passive aggressive bitch, his complaints are generic and uninspired with no legitimate criticisms made
>>
>>382627254
Back in the day D2 necro was super popular with people coming from D1. In D1 you had a Warrior, archer and mage class so the summon class was completely fresh. D1 was just limited to a clay golem spell i think.
>>
>>382627254
D2 necro was great.
You would literally hunt for everything possible to buff your shitty little minions.

Once you had enough levels and skele-buff shit, they'd just run around hella fast fucking shit up, sometimes before you could even see it on screen.

It was a literal ARMY.

I guess restricting how many things you can have makes sense from a technical (fps) perspective, but really you want a straight horde of minions when playing skelemancer.

The gameplay is kind of dull, since you're more like a spectator in an AI vs AI battle, but it was a very unique experience in D2.
>>
>>382627189
Why not get the Grasps of Essence gloves then? Corpse explosion is my main method of trash killing in Torment 5 until i put together a set
>>
>>382627502
The D1 golem was cool. You could stand still and he would walk around clearing the whole level by himself.
>>
>>382627557
>>382627502
That's exactly it. Whether it's "fun" or not is all opinions, but it is unique and completely different from playing other playstyles. Summoner is literally a 4th playstyle.

In D3 witch doctor and this new fake Necro are both casters with some summons. While corpse explosion is neat, and their designs are clean/unique in its own way, it definitely does not capture D2 necromancer.
>>
>>382624741
I think the first area and the lore you come across is really interesting but by the second area I've lost all interest in the game. And the further you push into that game the worse it gets. Constellations are terrible and a trap and it takes absolutely forever to reach any of the ones you actually plan to use.
Their previous game, Titan Quest, was a little clunkier because it's older but I think it had much more variety in scenery and the types of builds you could have.
>>
>>382628236
>Constellations are terrible and a trap
how are they a trap?
you can respec the points if you feel you made a mistake
>>
File: 1367824435768.jpg (63KB, 468x535px) Image search: [Google]
1367824435768.jpg
63KB, 468x535px
>>382628236
>these completely beneficial buffs that complement your build with literally no downside are a trap
>>
>>382625736
I'm having fun with him

I have the full Pestilence and bloodmage sets along with the scythe/shield combo. Pestilence works well with the weapon set. I cubed a scythe that makes my golem drop corpses so I always have 100 superpowered bone spears. I just use the skelington command and wipe everything else with spears. I could probably push it up to around 8 or 9 with that.

Blood Mage is WAY harder and took more tinkering. You essentially kill yourself with it the whole time. I finally got a good build for it using the bloodthirsty siphon mixed with the health orb passives and a health orb power off a lendendary I cubed. You have to cycle more abilities to even survive with that set
>>
>>382629202
I think he means they look like you can build around them but that's actually a shit approach.
>>
>>382629913
you're gonna have to actually explain whatever dumb shit you're trying to say
>>
>>382630080
Constellations look like something you can build around.
They generally aren't.
>>
>>382630254
so yeah you're retarded. gotcha. They complementary
>>
>>382630380
You're an idiot.
>>
>>382630501
what kind of retard looks at a set of passives with maybe an active they level up irregularly and says "oh yeah I'll build around this!" as opposed to the regular skills you upgrade with every level? fuck off retard
>>
It's funny because the Witch Doctor is the permanent army class now once you get the set that lets you keep all your fetishes out+6 dogs+ring that splits gargantuan into 3 you end up with a bigger army than the necro.
>>
>>382630835
Necro goes up to 28
>>
>>382631201
If you count Skelly mages as pets you might as well count WD spiders too
>>
>>382631201
then we're allowed to count perma fetish army and any summoned using the weapon, which might as well be permanent.
>>
>>382624741
I can't find any skills that interest me. I've restarted a dozen times.
>>
>>382631606
Don't forget the weapon and skill stack
>>
D3 is an ARPG where you're not allowed to make your own build, you're only allowed to use the builds (sets) the developers made for you.

What the fuck is the point?
>>
File: Monk-Class-Diablo-Series.jpg (10KB, 387x300px) Image search: [Google]
Monk-Class-Diablo-Series.jpg
10KB, 387x300px
This was literally the only good thing come out of D3.
>>
They change the necromancer summons? Only played his launch day so far.
>>
>>382631964
>you're not allowed to make your own build
yes you are. in fact, that's the fun of d3 these days. trying to make a ring build that can push 90. shit is hard but very satisfying if you make it work.

i'm starting to think /v/ doesn't play this game.
>>
>>382632105
heard that skeleton mage was permanent on blizzcon, but for some reason they changed that
7 warriors and 3 mages or something
>>
File: 1398761242247.jpg (395KB, 1598x1772px) Image search: [Google]
1398761242247.jpg
395KB, 1598x1772px
>>382632005
The only good thing?
>>
>>382632130

No you can't. You either use sets or you don't take part in end game. There's a very select few outlier LoN builds and most of them perform weaker than sets. Of the ones that don't, there's only 1-2.

It's a terrible game.
>>
>>382624741
Really boring.
All of the skills are uninteresting, all of the classes seem to have no identity and blend together, and there isn't any real game-changing gear to make the way you play any different.
>>
>When you hate a company so much you make up lies on a Indonesian spice forum to rile people up
This place never changes
>>
>>382632290
>there's only 1-2.
that's not true. and besides, shit is changing each patch. it's hard to say what's viable and what's not, when shit gets changed every season. but your original post was that we're not allowed to make our own builds, which you should know is false.

and when you start talking about 100+, of course players are going to use the most efficient/optimized setup. the majority of people playing this game are not trying to top 100 ladder, so does it really matter if their LoN build only takes them to 85?
>>
>>382632572
>but your original post was that we're not allowed to make our own builds, which you should know is false.

Except that it is true. Stop shilling.
>>
>>382632572
/v/ doesn't play games, 80% of the losers in here have no clue what they are even talking about.
>>
So have they fixed the necro portraits yet?
>>
>>382632290
>You either use sets or you don't take part in end game

This turned me off so much. I don't understand the point of making a game with skills and potential builds then making season sets the fotm OP build.

It contradicts everything these games are about but whatever someone will probably call me an idiot or a liar.
>>
>>382624741
My biggest problem with that game is the godawful soundtrack and atmosphere. The soundtrack is just so bland, uninteresting and plain bad, I have to turn it off, and the atmosphere just isn't there at all. After playing Diablo 2 for years and years, I can't enjoy that shit at all.
>>
>>382624741

Probably the best ARPG out right now, that or PoE but everyone seems to shit on PoE for some reason
>>
>>382633136
Probably because PoE is boring as shit. Grim Dawn is too.
When I get an ARPG craving I just go back to Diablo 2 because literally nothing has topped it.
>>
>>382632005
I love the aesthetic and playstyle of the monk, but man I could not be fucked to grind out the gear necessary to make it viable.
Barb and crusader were much easier to gear up. Fuck, even wizard was easier.
>>
>>382633260

To each his own I suppose. I played the shit outta diablo 2 for about 10 years and cant really go back to it anymore

Grim Dawn/Titty Quest has the perfect loot system for an ARPG, just lacking in other things
>>
>>382625358
The druid would've been the only sensible choice.
>>
>>382633670

They wouldve probably removed shapeshifting entirely or made it a 10 second ability
>>
>>382633028
Not an idiot or liar, just someone who doesn't play the game enough.

A set doesn't take up %100 of your equipment and you don't have to be BiS to progress. Diablo2 had BiS gear, don't act like it didn't. You can change your playstyle around with different legs, lesser sets, and cube enchants. It's all available but you want to be as competitive as everyone else at the same time.

This has never existed in a Diablo game. Diablo 3 is no different and makes up for it with more options that are overlooked because sets exist.
>>
>>382622328
>temp summons
Neat. Now I won't have to spend money on D3.

I wonder if there will ever be a game with a good necromancer, or even summoning class again.

I don't want a wizard that casts spells with temp minions as skins for said spells. I want to make an army to kill things for me while I use support magic to weaken foes or strengthen my skelebros brittle bones. Why is this so impossible? I feel that D2 necro was a mistake because I'll never get that army in an action game again.
>>
>>382633764
Doubtful. It would be the case for more intense shifts but the core would be permanent.
>>
>>382633925

Grim Dawn has a necromancer class coming out later this year
>>
>>382633925
If you weren't interested in it now then you're never going to buy it. Dont post without reading the thread when it's been shown there are permanent summons.

D3 has the most cancerous counter fan base.
>>
>>382633925

The closest you have is POE.
>>
>>382634094

Because its the shittiest game known to man
>>
>>382634048
>>382634113
Don't bother, idk how he'll play either game if he can't read.
>>
>>382632179
Oh yeah. The mage was pretty dissapointing. Hope he has a rune that lets him stay indefinitely.
>>
It seems like even Blizz are recognizing D3 for the all-round catastrophe that it was.

I'm actually glad the game has died. I honestly hope they invest their resources somewhere more interesting.
>>
What class do you main guys?
Witch doctor here
>>
>>382627557
What's the best merc for a necro army?
>>
>>382634145
>Stop liking what I don't even play
Keep gargling dicks
>>
>>382634295
the one with might aura
>>
>>382632005
Holy christ the fucking Monk sucks. Pretty sure it's supposed to be played as a support class at this point because this nigger does negative damage
>>
>>382634213
>It seems like even Blizz are recognizing D3 for the all-round catastrophe that it was
How
>>
>>382634318

Aww, ya hurt momma boy?
>>
>>382634451
Must be 18 to be here, friends. Keeping proving me right.
>>
>>382622328
at least I've got something new to add to monkey paw threads now
>>
>>382634213
what are you even talking about? Blizz has been adding content to the game since RoS release.
>>
>>382634048
I did enjoy grim dawn, I'm hoping it will be good since their other summons feel alright. I'm actually waiting on that expansion.

>>382634094
Having a few temp summons sounds really fucking lackluster to what I was talking about. Also I've played D3 a fuckton, it just sounds like another witch doctor with some spells skinned as minion summons.
>>
I have been enjoying the Diablo 3 necromancer
I picked my skills so that almost all of my abilities leave corpses when used and useing corspe lance to just wreck everything the moment it comes on the screen
I reached level 70 for the first time with any character and I am kinda losing interest, everything dies to it easily and I don't even have any legendary items at all
>>
>>382624287
>AH

Do you really play diablo 3 or your brain is only limited to shitpost in this board?
>>
>I miss D2 where I mass an army and the game plays itself
Diablo3 necro confirmed an improvement
>>
>>382634768
Then do GR90 and get 10 legendaries per run

Then you can play litterally any build you want
>>
>>382626878
>10 seconds
holy shit that's some apprentice necromancer shit right here
>>
>>382634706
You can consistently have upwards of 20 minions on the field without trying, and more with some effort. The only difference now is the game doesn't play itself and you have to be present.

Diablo3 necro confirmed an improvement.
>>
>>382634792
Everything about D3 was built around that AH. Removing it didn't fix the problems its existence caused.
>>
>>382635097
Elaborate.
>>
>>382634839
the one thing i dont like about d3 system is that it has limits, you cant break it, skill modifiers dont exist aside from damage and some set bonuses. sure there are some unique that change skills but there are so little of them.
d3 devs didnt made shitload of modifiers just to see what crazy combinations you can get.
nah its all just damage\mitigation. all game changing stuff is in the passives and sets.
>>
>>382635180

>never finding shit you want
>no trading system
>>
>>382633925
guild wars and diablo 2 have the best necromancers in video games
>>
File: 1492665698997.jpg (230KB, 832x979px) Image search: [Google]
1492665698997.jpg
230KB, 832x979px
Got bored of D3 shortly after they got rid of trading and the first xpac. D3 was fun but it was just a WoW clone with diablo stuff pasted all over the place. Seriously though, getting rid of trading absolutely sucked any remaining essence of diablo away from this game
>>
>>382634768
>I don't even have any legendary items at all
>everything dies too easily
Try difficulties above normal
>>
>>382635334
>>never finding shit you want
I found all the set items I wanted in a few days thanks to greater rifts, blood shards and Kanai's cube.
>>
>>382635070
>You can consistently have upwards of 20 minions on the field without trying

Well shit, now you have me interested. So you can have 20+ minions with next to no effort and focus on other stuff mainly?
>>
>>382635334
You increase the difficulty to increase drop chance
You play with other people to clear content faster and also increase drop chance

Diablo3 is a gear hunt just like d2
>>
File: 1482054129395.png (25KB, 144x226px) Image search: [Google]
1482054129395.png
25KB, 144x226px
>>382635345
so whats the reason there is a big lack of necromancers in games in general?
hard to code pet ai? optimization for trillion skeletals and corpses? too spooky? game becomes too easy?
>>
>paying money to play one class
>literally during a steam sale no less where you can buy pretty much any AAA title from the 2016 and before for the same price

>people actually fucking buy it
>>
>>382635484
Yes. Start with skellies and choose revive to get all those summons. From there go whatever. The screen is filled with your army wrecked shit while you throw bones at everything.
>>
>There wont be Necromances, because Witch Doctor fits his role. You think you want him, but you don't.
>oh no, our auction house in D3 was a complete failure, but we need to have a constant new money from this game! Just gave them this fucking Necromancer, it's more shekels in the end
>>
>>382635532
>game becomes too easy?
Pretty much this. D2 pet necro is a non interactive class. You just let pets fuck shit up for you.
That's boring and people bitching about not having your permanent pet army like >>382622328
with you at all times are shitters that want to play with one hand while jerking off to cartoon kids.
>>
File: 1454717890596.jpg (47KB, 575x630px) Image search: [Google]
1454717890596.jpg
47KB, 575x630px
>>382634839
kek this

I was more of a poison explosion faggot in d2 anyways
>>
>>382635372
I am at torment
Between my life regen, the blink spell and my fuck you corpses I win every encounter with everything
>>
>>382635816
>want to play with one hand while jerking off to cartoon kids
thats the main reason to play grindan games isnt it?
>>
>>382635904
You'll quickly realize that there's only one viable set (the bone armor one, or LoN if you're loaded with necro ancients) once you get up in torments.
>>
>>382635904
There's 13 torments. Which one are you on?
>>
There is literally nothing to do in this game.
You are basically trapped in a limbo of rifts, doomed to speedrun maps without even fighting the majority of monsters, save for elites.

You will be using the same build everyone else is using, the same items everyone else is using, and the same strategy everyone else is using.

Because when players find different types of gameplay, the designers simply delete it. Just like perma archon or critical mass builds. You are not allowed to be creative. You are only allowed to use only set items and specific, pre-made builds.

The worst thing is, both the designers and publishers won't ever wonder why the game became bland, repetitive and shallow. They will only think how they can get more money out of this.
>>
>>382624418
>You have way more skills in your hotbar in Diablo 3 than you would ever use in a Diablo 2 character.
The fuck are you saying underage.
>>
>>382622328
Bullshit AH garbage balanced piece of trash
Fuck this stupid game, you're a cuck if you've ever played it.
>>
File: 2917485-7472408189-14031.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
2917485-7472408189-14031.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
>>382624418
>You have way more skills in your hotbar in Diablo 3 than you would ever use in a Diablo 2 character.
>d3
>more skills in hotbar than in d2
>>
>>382637198
>You will be using the same build everyone else is using, the same items everyone else is using, and the same strategy everyone else is using.

Why? Because you're some meta drone who can't think for themselves? So far all of my item/skill builds were made by myself, and I was having a blast.

Who cares if you can't clear a lvl 100 rift. People who play that long to get there are fucking autistic anyway.
>>
>>382637203
????? did you even play d2

you have a big skill tree but like 90% of your choices were around the one or two skills you actually used, most of your points you placed were purely for synergies

almost every 'viable' d2 build I can think of basically used 1 main attack skill
>>
File: Screenshot111.jpg (299KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot111.jpg
299KB, 800x600px
>>382637203
man I'm a scrub that use F1 to F12 all the time and know them by heart:

F1 Revive
F2 Skelly
F3 Skelly Mage
F4 Corpse Explosion
F5 Amp Damage
F6 Dim Vision
F7 Decrepify
F8 Life Tap (gotta save that merc)
F9 Attract
F10 Bone Armor
F11 Clay Golem
F12 TP
(And sometime, if only, Teleport on F6 and Dim on F8)
All day, everyday, since 2001 (well up to ~2012 at least, then each year for a month or two). I think I've lost years of sleep at this point.
>>
>>382637428
>more skills in hotbar than in d2
empirically true, you could only have two skills bound at once
>>
>>382637203
While in a diehard d2 fan he isnt incorrect in a general sense
Most classes might have a buff or two and then 1 or 2 damaging abilities they use
Necro was slightly different where instead of buffs before going out to fight you ammassed an army and then used 1 maybe 2 curses 3 if shit hits the fan and then you used corpse explosion
Poison necro was 2 skills
Lower resist
Poison nova
Barb had shouts and then an attack skill and berserk
Sorc's either had 1 really good spell they used or 2 decent spells
I still think d2>d3 but it didnt have a whole lot of buttons to hit per build generally, just alot of builds
>>
>>382622328
Permanent summons are real fucking boring
>oh man gonna stand here and watch my dudes do literally everything for me
It also limits what you can do with summons, because when they are permanently active you can't make them as powerful
>>
>>382624741
It's pretty great. I find most people who have issues with it can't articulate a real problem with it and or haven't tried to push a character into ultimate. You can also have 50/50 on your devotions(the stars) before the end of elite so most people who post about it don't even bother to get to (end) game
>>
>>382637203

Kek, I'm a bigger fan of Diablo 2 than any of these shitty newer arpgs but lets be real, in D2 you only spammed 1 or 2 skills.

Same problem PoE has like 15 years later. Might as well play Diablo 2 instead.

At least Diablo 3 fixed that part, even if it's shit.
>>
>>382637560
>if only
if online*
But yeah nothing like relaxing after a good day and playing your 210th necro in single player and trying a twist
>Mojomancer
>Magelord
>PoisonDaggermelee
>Venomancer
>Bonenecro
>Melee with Scythe
>Blood-themed necro
etc.
>>
>>382637585
I'm a brainlet and never worked out how to play the Assassin.
>>
>>382637629
>even if it's shit
was*
>>
>>382637720
You can sprinkle spices on a stinky pile of retched dog shit but it's still a retched stinky pile of dog shit.
>>
>>382635904
Move it to atleast torment 3/4
A full set with unoptimized stats should push you to 8-10
A decently geared character should be able to do t13
Once youre finely tuned you should be able to so gr80+
>>
>>382637585
>Poison necro was 2 skills
>Lower resist
>Poison nova
False:

All necro gets better with:
- Dim vision (against things like Burning souls and shamans)
- Attract (great when fighting immunes/shit hit the fan, you can then cast your curse of chocie on the others
- Clay golem is your boy for slowing down bosses and elite, unless your on bnet and create iron golem out of insights
- CE vs immunes
- Bone armor, great even for a pure summoner because when you tele with enigma, you get hit once in a while. My current necro as almost 4k hp but still, a lv1 bone armor with +skilsl end up saving my ass from time to time
>>
>>382637718
Traps because martial arts sucks
Although they did come up with the combo point system they reused for wow rogues in d2:lod with the assasin
>>
>>382637516
Synergies lmao. You really must be underage
>>
>>382637797
Very inaccurate analogy
>>
>>382637797
Are you having trouble spelling 'wretched'?
>>
>>382637923
Not him but whats the point of using pre synergy diablo 2 in an arguement if thats not what the game is anymore even if it was better
>>
>>382637449
>Why?

Because the game consists of speedrunning rifts, where efficiency is everything, but not everything is efficient.

If you want to re-play the awful story mode using builds that makes you feel underpowered in a game that focuses on creating overpowered characters, have fun.
>>
>>382638040
>Because the game consists of speedrunning rifts
Who is forcing you to speedrun rifts?
>>
Grim dawn and Poe are the only good arpgs for different reasons. Only contrarian retards try defend d3.
>>
>>382638181
But D3 is the most popular one so it's you who is being contrarian.
>>
>>382638040
You just flat out ignored what I said and posted your own opinion again.
>>
>>382633260
When I get an ARPG craving I go to PoE.
Your craving means fuck all.
>>
>>382638145
Not that anon but you are being retarded
Rifts are very clearly designed to work that way
Or do you enjoy joining a trackmeet only to deag your ass around the starting line and then barrel rolling into a ditch for mid race tea with a frog and 2 minnows
>>
>>382638008
You're right but maybe he shouldn't assume buddy is only speaking about post synergy patch
>>
>>382638145

they shove it down your throat pretty hard

either way, no matter how much you think you "made your own builds" the reality is that the options in diablo 3 are massively limited
>>
>>382638228
D3 isn't most popular over poe and there is no indication it even had a decent playerbase beyond the initial great sales because a majority jumped ship after
>>
The summons don't stay for the Necromancer was thinking about buying it but maybe anymore
>>
>>382638145
>Who is forcing you to speedrun rifts?

By all means, do tell what else is there to do in this game. Are you going to replay story mode for thr 35th time, or do bounties, which only give you mats for the cube?
>>
File: itis.png (191KB, 184x581px) Image search: [Google]
itis.png
191KB, 184x581px
>>382638331
>>
>>382637516
>>382637629

I ran a necro just for give it a try since is always praised and i never played it.

main is bone spear
F1 Summ Skeleton
F2 Summ Skeleton Mage
F3 Decrepify
F4 Bone wall
F5 Corpse explosion
F6 Bone armor
F7 Bone Prison
F8 TP
F9 Amp Dmg
F10 Revive

And not using fucking golems or shit.

>b-b-but posion nova is about 2 skillzzz m9
And who the fuck gives a flying fuck you dumbass, this is about viable builds. And you can literally do anything with these 30 skills, now take a monk/barb/sorc in diablo 3, you have like 21 fucking skills 999999 pasives and only 4 skills viability to play with because there is literally no better choice.
>>
>>382638354
Who the fuck is forcing you to google what the most popular build currently is? Or are you too retarded to make your own?
>>
>>382638426
>shit game that blizzard paid to viewbot
Wow nice evidence there fucklord.
>>
>>382637560
Man duriel was a bitch, didn´t build myself well and she just wrecked my minions all the time cause i didn´t have revive nor bone prison.
Glad i always carry my trusty TP scrolls to go back to Lut Gholein, get some skeles and rekt the shit out of her.
>>
>>382638531
nice
>>
>>382630713
Guardian gaze --> bloody pox (Guardian gaze works super well with bloody pox. The way I use it in crucible is: throw bloody pox in a pile of enemy, leave them and go deal with another group, by the time I toss my second bloody pox, there will usually be 2-3 guardian gaze rotating around me. By the end of every wave, if RNG is with me, I could have up to 6-7 guardian gazes and that counts for around 12-13k dps alone.

And now with the buff to Bloody Pox it's fucking godtier
>>
>>382638426
>muh twitch
Hate your generation
>>
>>382638426
>Top
Ppl watching the most OP run for their class
>Bot
Dude got a duelist with 1000000% AS LMAO
>>
>Have to pay half the expansion cost just for a class

Blizzar isn't even trying anymore.
>>
>>382638426
And the poe Reddit has 4x amount of readers than d3 Reddit currently has, right after a big d3 patch

Kill yourself retard
>>
File: 1481953025186.jpg (291KB, 759x1710px) Image search: [Google]
1481953025186.jpg
291KB, 759x1710px
>tfw fell in love with necro back in the day because you had shit computer and shit internet and had to rely on the pets to get you through resulting in a never ending search for a good summoner class since then
>>
>>382622328
20 aud for 1 class
>Umnty
Fuck off blizz shills PoE is releasing basically 2 entire new campaigns for free
>>
>>382638736
Grim dawn conjuror feels great desu.
>>
>>382638461
>I ran a necro just for give it a try since is always praised and i never played it.

I did too. You can fluff it up all you want with text, but a necro is even less interaction and decision making than a fuckin hammerdin. I can also type F# and make a list with skill names. Yeah I sure had a ton of "fun" porting to cold plains to collect an army with my F keys and then porting somewhere else to walk around spamming curse without having to worry about positioning or anything else ever.
>>
>>382638495
Are you trolling or are you really retarded?

You can use any skill you wish, but to be efficient you MUST either use specific items that boost thosre skills, or play on kindergarden tier difficulty.

Go ahead, do a Wizard build based on Ray of Frost, Mirror Image and Spectral Blade, without Using sets. Might as well play the Sims.
>>
File: 1496431347276.png (412KB, 554x543px) Image search: [Google]
1496431347276.png
412KB, 554x543px
Why did they get rid of AH anyway?

Why do people call it a failure?

I loved dicking around on the AH, it was easy as fuck to make a few bucks and gear yourself on gold AH if you wanted to. Once they removed the AH I lost almost all interest in the game
>>
>>382638679
>>382638723
Twitch is THE front of gaming, even more than YouTube, or Reddit, or whatever else. I don't give a fuck if you like it or not but that's the way it is nowdays.
>>
>>382638841
So how is it different in D2? You just google what the most powerful build for you class is and do that only because anything else is irrelevant because it isn't as powerful. Seriously do explain to me how it is any different.
>>
>>382638882

because the numbers on the loot were so retarded that the only viable option was to buy your gear off the AH to progress. Might have been fun for you, but it's not a very rewarding system.
>>
>>382638882
Because they clearly designed the game and loot drops around it. D3 at launch was unplayable because legendaries or good gear in general were so rare, the only place you could get them was the AH for either insane amounts of gold or real money.

One of the best geared Barbarians in the world at the time couldn't even get past Act 3 of the highest difficulty.

It was a scam and they got called out on it
>>
>>382622328
The engine is shit. It couldnt handle the skellington army. There was a season where WD was unplayable because when the started spamming the game would lag like hell.
>>
>>382639128
This isn't Grim Dawn.
>>
File: 1479299248151.jpg (124KB, 673x594px) Image search: [Google]
1479299248151.jpg
124KB, 673x594px
>>382622328
>people actually want to play as a lazymancer
What the fuck. I'm not here to defend the newest Necromancer, since I hardly played it, but holy shit, lazy builds are fucking cancer regardless of the game.
>>
File: 1450251483561.png (185KB, 574x366px) Image search: [Google]
1450251483561.png
185KB, 574x366px
>>382639179
>>
>>382638909
Sorry but more readers on Reddit matters more

Because people watch streams for personality not the game
Hence lirik has 20k viewers no matter what game he streams
Pointing out a 400 viewer difference on a game with a new patch vs one without is pathetic

Kill yourself retard
>>
>>382638981
I can see that, even if finding your own gear was a hassle, it was only a matter of time before you found a piece of gear that was very good and useful to someone else and then you could bring it to the AH and *trade* it that way to get some items to benefit yourself

>>382639051
I'm guessing that the guy you're talking about completely swore off all trading / use of the AH while trying to make his way through inferno?
>>
>>382638814
no it doesn't, grim dawn feels like shit
>>
>>382639214
Install DAIL with grimmest settings and look for yourself, Grim Dawn lags like hell. Same for PoE, the game can be unplayable in late with some of the builds. D3 is probably the most stable of them all in fact.
>>
>>382638882
>Why do people call it a failure?

At core, Hack&Slash games are about finding gear that makes you powreful. Fighting more and more poewrful enemies to get better and better loot.

AH basically made the process irrelevant, as you could just go to the AH, buy all the gear instantly and skil gameplay.

Imagine and FPS game which lets you just skip the campaign and teleport to the last boss. Or an RTS game in which you start with full base, army and shitloads of resources.

Yeah, this was "optional".
And people who didn't used it were left behind those who did, their only option to look at people having 100x times strogner characters.
>>
>>382638964

Holy shit man you have to be playing dumb. Look at the items in Diablo 3. Have you even played the game you're trying to defend on anything besides easy? Not a single person mentioned google. The full set bonuses give certain skill builds 5000% extra damage. You are literally doing 50 times less damage if you don't use the builds they bottleneck you into using. It's shitty design, especially for a game where most of the fun is supposed to be finding new fucking GEAR and fitting it into your build. You can't do that here. You can only use the gear they want you to use unless you're playing the game like a disabled child.
>>
>>382638909
Twitch only indicates how many people are willing to watch another person play a video game. It's not THE front of gaming, it's just the dominant streaming website. Casual games usually draw better viewer numbers, because the majority of people who watch streamers are retards, and because they allow for more communication with the audience. I played Path of Exile for years and I don't have any interest in watching somebody else play it on Twitch.
>>
>>382638964
You are reading into that anon the wrong way
D2 had many many viable builds that could get the job done at varying rates/expertises
A good equivalent would be playing a firebird wizard instead of a manald hydra wizard right now
Or using the rathma set instead of the inarius set
>>
>>382639281
welp I did it,
actually meant for that picture to respond to >>382638814
>>
>>382622328
>no permanent summons

Phew, thanks OP, you saved me 15 dollars
>>
>>382638909

((((You))))
>>
>>382639420
>even owning this piece of shit game
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>382639420
There are 8: 7 skellies and 1 golem. Both of them are abilities, so they take ability slots btw
>>
>>382639420

the skeletons are permanent though. so is the golem.

hes just butthurt that the skele mages only last a few seconds which is actually a good thing because they leave behind corpses you can use
>>
>why don't they summons

Because they completely fucked up the endgame of D3. It's literally just greater rifts. Which is to say that the endgame of D3 is literally just procedurally generated time trials.

Everything in D3 needs to be designed around performance in a time trial. This is why the necro doesn't gather an army of minions but instead just has temporary summons.

Abandon the game, it's shit.
>>
>>382639479
>>382639532
>defending this
>being blizzdrones
>>
>>382638964
In d2 your talents were the main part of your build and your gear complamented it
In d3 your gear is the main part of your build and dictates what abilities are worth the bar slot with MAYBE 2 interchangeable skills if you are lucky
>>
>>382639565
I suggest you take the "Reading for preschoolers" class before speaking to me ever again
>>
>>382638964
>So how is it different in D2?

In D2, I made a sorceress based on Energy shields, and won duels because of the amount of damage I could take due to ES amount and regen speed.

Go ahead, make some crazy build and get it to work in D3. Oh yeah, and remember: If you somehow do it, it will get nuked just like criticall mass was.
>>
File: 1485500257969.png (108KB, 221x325px) Image search: [Google]
1485500257969.png
108KB, 221x325px
>>382639532
>>382639479
>people defending a shittier witchdoctor
excuse me while i pile fucking 10 fetishes 6 dogs and 3 giants on you before i get deleted for choosing shit skills
>>
>>382639547
What is the endgame of D2 and how is time not related to how efficient your build is in D2?
>>
>>382639623
I don't defend shit, I just correct the dumbass nigger. Do you fags even know how to read or ask your handler to do it for you?
>>
>>382639532
But the corpse rune is a shitty one
The poison or archer are the 2 go to runes
>>
>>382639606
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>382639337
Even with all that, they fucked up AGAIN when they got rid of the AH because then they basically got rid of trading all together. Or IIRC last time I played, you had to be in the same game as others where items dropped in order to trade them with eachother, and this was under a few hour time limit. Others might not share this opinion but in D2, trading items was a very integral part of the endgame for me, trying to max out your character with the best of the best gear in D2 was next to impossible without a proper trade system and that was part of the fun
>>
Blizzard's idea of summoner classes are now "Spend two seconds casting Summon Felhounds and throw the hounds at the enemy like a shadowbolt"
What the fuck went wrong?
>>
>>382639749
Says the nigger that can't read for shit.
>>
>>382638820
Not worrying about positioning, with a character that is literally one shooted by niggers like Mephisto.
The shitposting never ends.
>>
>People who hate diablo 3 are new to the series and started playing video games around 2004
Wow, not even surprised
>>
>>382639640
Dueling
Key farming/countess runs/rune farming
Ubers
Act bosses
Cows
Level 85+ zones mfing
Gambling/crafting/trading
Hellforge rushes
>>
>>382639879
It's literally the worst game of all time right next to Fallout 4, you fucking retard.
>>
>>382639851
Because permanent pets is like basically having a passive skill, can't deny this
>>
>>382639640
>What is the endgame of D2

PvP using crazy, even retarded build that actually worked because enemies couldn't believe it actually worked.

Craeting absolutely overpowered characters that raped even the hardest content in the game solo.

Doing crazy challenges, like clearing uber tristram with party of naked hardcore characters.

Take your pick.
>>
>>382639929
hello fellow youtubegamer, wanna hang out on twitch later?
>>
>>382639640
The endgame in D2 farming and pks; and there are a huge amount of builds that you can use to do both.

What's nice about D2 is that it doesn't necessitate that you only use the top build in the game to farm the hardest content. That's why people are still playing it. If a player gets sick of hammerdin, then can swap over to a bowzon, if they get sick of that, then they can swap over to a blizz sorc, etc. The design of the content they're farming doesn't have them racing against a clock.

Then there's the pk scene, where all sorts of wacky shit that you'd never use for farming PvE is extremely effective.
>>
>>382639962
>Craeting absolutely overpowered characters that raped even the hardest content in the game solo
See>>382639879
Diablo 2 enemies level stopped around 85, retard
You had 14 levels advantage, anyone could rape game solo
Even fucking barbarian could rape monsters who spammed iron maiden
>>
>>382639930
And?
>>
>>382639987
says the redditor twichkiddy
>>
>>382640064
>You had 14 levels advantage

Aaaaand stopped reading there.
Not only you assume max level is obligatory, but also you have no idea that level difference in D2 wasn't as relevant as in D3 is.
>>
>>382640118
You're saying having """pets""" that are actually passives you press and forget than interactive buttons?

Cast time or not, all pets are pixels
>>
>>382640145
He literally thinks D2 has paragon leveling.
>>
File: 1493033230349.jpg (14KB, 252x212px) Image search: [Google]
1493033230349.jpg
14KB, 252x212px
>>382640064
>you had 14 levels advantage

h-heh...y-yeah, I too was once level 99..hehe
>>
Necromancer is a fuckin terrible class.
>one viable set build
>boring and uninteresting skills
>nothing like original necro
>>
File: 1413654466907.jpg (75KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1413654466907.jpg
75KB, 1024x768px
Just starting to play this, got my necro to 70 and discovered rifts. Currently farming for that one achievement to kill 500 elites with the skellies, whats the fastest way to do it? Just endless rift runs?
>>
File: 1489944556583.png (9KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1489944556583.png
9KB, 160x160px
>>382640173
>Cast time or not, all pets are pixels
>>
>>382640125
epic man, let's fight the good fight against overwatch, gotta win this one for our tf2bros
>>
>>382640064
>lol ppl who hate D3 didn't even play D2
>14 level advantage in D2

People who played D2 know that the difference between 85 and 99 doesn't mean shit outside of recipe gear (orange text items); which were also a marginal gain.

D2 is a gear based game, but it didn't take the easy route of making the gear your skill build as well.

In D3, you have nothing until you've gathered a full set that will dictate your build.

In D2, you create your build and then equip gear that makes it more powerful.

Nice try, retard.
>>
>>382640252
>14 skill points
>doesn't mean shit
lol >>382639879
>>
>>382640237
go back to rebbit and circlejerk with your 12 year old buddies, d3kiddy
adults are talking here. millenial d3 shitters dont belong here
>>
>>382622328
Permanent summons is too long. Blizzard missed the "just right" badly between summoning it alot or having it be last for a while. I'd say about 30 seconds or so for the skeletal mages is enough. I've never played D2, but I'm kinda curious to give it a shot sometime in the foreseeable future, it'll probably be after Broodwar's remaster comes out.
>>
>>382640064
Most people never got to 99 for varying reasons
On average i would say people got sonewhere from 88-91
Not to mention levels became less important around 80 since most builds were finishing up around there and the rest were generally blown on a defensive you didnt really need or something you personally liked using even if it didnt do much for your build
>>
Not really shocked that the butthurt antiblizzdrones bring up the same arguments like AH which isn't in the game anymore as if it is still relevent, then when they get called out they go "f-f-fuck off Blizzdrone" or "b-b-but it's still built around the AH"
>>
>>382640326
Hit a bit to close to home eh? Tell me, where did daddy blizz touch you?
>>
>>382640321
If you'd actually played the game, you'd know that 99.99% of all skill builds were complete by level 80.

Skills have a soft cap of 20 points. From there, your gear can boost it further.

Nice try, retard.
>>
>>382627570
>t5
>no set
>>
>>382640220
Use nemisis bracers and either so rifts or gardens of hope tier 1 runs
Can usually find 3-4 packs on there using bracers running straight up then to the left towards rakanoth
>>
>>382640434
>corporate shill shows his true colors
as expected... another victory for me
>>
>>382640349
>Most people never got to 99 for varying reasons
Lie, not having at least 90 was sign of shitter in the battlenet
>since most builds were finishing up
>Caring about build back then
Please, just stop it, no one gave a shit about 1/1 build or your other esport garbage
You wanted to say, "most of underage faggots like >>382640326 finished their build when played game in the 2005-2006 at best"
>>
>>382640321
>>14 skill points
>>doesn't mean shit

Had you ever actually played the game, you'd know that it doesn't. Items and charms in D2 made your skills read 20+ level higher then skill point investment alone.

Seriously, you have no fucking idea what are you talking about.
>>
>>382640329
>I'd say about 30 seconds or so for the skeletal mages is enough.
That would only work if the summon skeletal mages summoned 10 per use. But since it's an essence spender and not just a summon skill like revive, skellies, and golems, it's shit.
>>
File: 2ec.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec.png
572KB, 600x580px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1W5DU4zmAA
>>
>>382640439
>If you'd actually played the game, you'd know that 99.99% of all skill builds were complete by level 80.
>Diablo 2 when if was actual
Oh god, this is so fucking funny
Why people who never played game back then still talks about? Reminds me wotlk kids>>382639879
>>
>>382640349
This. Trading and the rune system made gearing up so much easier than in D3. D3 feels a little bit more grindier to me than D2 because of the ancient legendaries and kanai cubing.

What people also seem to forget is that D2 was vastly superior in non-gameplay aspects such as soundtrack, art design, story, atmosphere, etc. I know I'll get jumped by 200 underage fags telling me "gameplay is everything", but it literally and objectively isn't.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (31KB, 588x350px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
31KB, 588x350px
>>382640484
>another victory for me
>>
>>382640593
please retype you post, i can't understand what you just tried to say
>>
>>382640516
You skipped the part where i said most people got to 88-91
And what the living fuck are you bringing esports into this for
D2 was still massively popular in the mid 2000's even after synergies were added
Why such salt
>>
>>382640526
>skills read 20+ level higher
And again you show yourself to be a shiter who never played diablo 2 when it was relevant
1,10-1,11 not sure in which one change came, were released at the end 2003-2004
Before enjoy your 20 points in one skill
So, my point still stands >>382639879
>>
>>382639260
No it doesn't
>>
>>382640617
>This indie "game" which is just one long white corridor with some pretentious 3deep5me text on the walls at least has some good music, who cares about the gameplay

"If its not fun, why bother?"
-Reggie Fils-Aime
>>
File: Tyrone.jpg (90KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrone.jpg
90KB, 620x670px
>>382640572
>Release game 10+ years ago and keep it updated
>It looks worse than it did on release
>>
>Real diablo 2 oldfag literally destroyed wannabe kids who thought that hating diablo 3 is cool
I love this thread
>>
File: 1497798216139.jpg (105KB, 580x557px) Image search: [Google]
1497798216139.jpg
105KB, 580x557px
>>382640854
Gonna have to give those younglings who imitate the opinions of shitty twitchfags and supposed "hivemind" of /v/ a dose of this
>>
>>382640321
>14 skill points
>doesn't mean shit

Hellfire Torch +3 to character skills
Annihilus +1 all skills
9x Charms +9 tree skills
Enigma +2 all skills
Battle Command +1 all skills

That's 16 skillpoints to all the skill you are mainly using, not even counting other gear you are wearing. You're 14 levels worth of skillpoints are irrelevant.
>>
>>382640854
All ive seen is some sperg(s?) Who keep trying to compare non current versions of the 2 games
I like them both but its not outlandish to pefer 2 over 3 as I and many others do
Somethings d3 does better is the fact you can actually get a full end game set of items yourself even if it sacrificed trading to have it, the eligble mobs and their rates to drop thinga like tyraels might deaths web or high end runes like cham and zod is indefensible
>>
>>382622328
the battlechest is super cheap right now, should I get if I don't have any intention of player the necro?

I played like season 3 on a friend's account and got bored after 20-30 hours. Has the game improved in any way since then?
>>
>>382640735
>Before enjoy your 20 points in one skill

Are you using google translate or something?

>who never played diablo 2 when it was relevant
Diablo 2 was relevant since it launched untill shitloads of people stopped playing.

Just because you only played it during one stage doesn't make it "relevant".
>>
Torment 3+,
Pretty fun with my current focus.
skele mages with high damage all essence cost rune
Legendary power that doubles up skele mage spawns.
Legendary gem that increase pet damage by 20+%
Have skelemage +15% damage on armor
Use simulcrum.
Rune that increases time skele mages stay out

Simulcrum first, summon skele mages when essence full (their damage seems dependent on what % of essence was drained to 0)
This spawns 4 suped up skele mages instantly,
They pull off 15mil a standard hit.
Can spawn 10 of them (max limit) within 4 seconds.
Mincemeat of everything.
>>
>>382641295
Good non bitching post anon
While true dont let others damper your fun by telling you its not end game viable
The ai doesnt change any its just number tweaks so a non "meta" build can have the same difficulty pushing a gr 60 as a cut and dry top of the line one doing a 90+ they will just have a different amount of digits on their numbers
>>
>>382641295
Nooooooo, stop having fun, nostalgiafags won't allow it!
>>
>>382640779
I'm 12, edgy and I love my mom - the post.
>>
can any of the other classes have a minion build?

does anyone give a fuck about hardcore anymore?

Is Necro OP to maximize the sales?
>>
>>382641521
>they will just have a different amount of digits on their numbers

And rewards for finishing them.
>>
>>382640971
did +skills from gear let skills exceed past the +20 cap in the skill trees? cant remember
>>
>>382641162

loot is a major thing that diablo 3 does worse in literally every way

holy shit, im not one of the shitposters constantly ragging on diablo 3 but you chose the worst possible example here
>>
>>382635334
finding the shit you want is piss easy now
>>
>>382641643
Well yea starting in gr70 you get the chance at primals and legendaries start raining but the gameplay will still be the same
>>
>>382622328
>Necromancer
>Every single endgame meta build relies on having no minions
>>
>>382641690

20 level limit was for skillpoints only.
+skills from other sources could theoretically boost some of your skills to the range of 50-60.
>>
>>382641743
Oh i agree it literally rains loot but i dont care
I never likes trading and prefer to play solo in both games, if d3 had 2's loot rates it would take ungodly amounts of time to be able to get past like t5/6 because gear is what makes the build instead of complimentinf it
Which i agree is inferior and something 2 does better
>>
File: 1337815587767.jpg (70KB, 810x780px) Image search: [Google]
1337815587767.jpg
70KB, 810x780px
>>382641587
>I got no argument and I must reply
>>
Are there any public sales numbers? I really want Blizzard to fail with this 5 years late 15 bucks more than it should cost DLC package, but I know they won't. I'd just like to know if it's a smashing success or a rather mediocre one in blizzard's terms
>>
>>382641941
You can get around gr75+ with rathmas
Which is fair enough endgame for me
Someone better than me could probably push into low-mid 80's or higher
>>
>>382642154
Meant for>>382641867 obviously
>>
>>382624741
Love it. Demolitionist best mastery.
>>
>>382627557
>I guess restricting how many things you can have makes sense from a technical (fps) perspective, but really you want a straight horde of minions when playing skelemancer.

Way back when D2 wasn't ancient summonmancer wasn't a popular build for that very reason, having 20 skeletons on your screen lagged the shit out of a PC from 2000 or whenever 1.10 came out because skeletons without synergies are straight shit. I just ran bone spear.

People on bnet used to call the build lagromancer.
>>
>>382641295

>play with friend who actually uses viable necro build
>leaves you in the dust and clears the map in 8 seconds
>"hey anon whats taking you so long hurry up i'm on the next floor, why aren't you having fun with me?"
>"o-oh i, im having fun, im just playing my own way, w-wait up"
>>
File: a68.png (301KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
a68.png
301KB, 520x678px
>ADVENTURER, YOU WILL NEVER FIND MY SECRET WEAPON WHICH IS HIDDEN HIDDEN THE CELLAR LEVEL 3
>NO MATTER, I DID NOT NEED MY SECRET WEAPON ANYWAY. I STILL HAVE MY CATAPULTS. DO NOT DESTROY THEM, ADVENTURER

The writing was so awful I still keep wondering if it was on purpose.
>>
>>382642303
no other class comes close to necromancer?

that's gay
>>
>>382642076
Do shitposters like you really have no substance to argue with if it's not sales numbers?
>>
>>382637572
>what is binding skills to the F1-12 keys
oh no, he's retarded.
>>
>>382642359
No hes referring to the first anon not using a highly tuned build to be as effective as possible so compared to someone who is they will be blowing past them at the speed of light
i was doing this with my friends who cant get past t4 today but i would ignore mobs and fo clear ahead a bit so they could fight and not feel completely useless and the blow the mob up after 20seconds or so and never left them behind because thats rude
>>
>>382642359

nah that's not what I meant

some people in here were trying to say that you can make your own builds in diablo 3 and have fun that way

those builds aren't really viable or fun though because of the way the gear and game is set up

was basically just comparing
>person without dev-forced build
>friend with viable dev-forced build
>>
>>382642475
How is he a shitposter for wanting to know how poorly this sad substitute of an actual expansion or major patch was?
>>
>>382642605
>How is he
>he
Nice try mister
>>
>>382634371
>he doesnt play palm of many explosions
kek m8
>>
>>382642576
You can only have 2 selected onto your bar at a time is what meant and you used your hotkey to select that spell onto your bar
He was being a cheeky cunt
I think
>>
>>382642341
>Wizard, are you afraid of fighting literal demons?
>NO I HAVE PLOT ARMOR

>Tyrael so dumb that he becomes mortal and basically triggers the apocalypse
>His actions literally kill the wisest being in the universe, Deckard Cain
>Heavens almost burned to the ground because of his actions
>Becomes the next Archangel of wisdom

I literally fysjgtru563u52nhfhgrega htae
>>
>>382642734
You wish, dude is a dumb shit.
>>
>>382642710
What would even be the point of samefagging there?

Answer the question you fucking donut.
>>
>>382642735
Demons were causing havoc regardless he rebelled because the angiris council tried to tell him no after hr already went down during the sin war and during d2 to meddle when it wasnt allowed
He did indirectly get cain killed over his weapon though
>>
I was very disappointed by the necromancer class. I thought it would be a comfy class where you can have an army of minions wrecking shit. Instead, what I got is a class where I constantly have to spam summon minion spells since they last barely a few seconds, and whenever I'm not spamming minions, I'm spamming attacks to recharge my mana so I can spam minions.

It's like Blizzard completely missed the point of this class.
>>
>>382624741
Ugly, boring world, boring and forgettable lore/characters, shit itemization, all builds play the same, coded like shit, worst fanbase.
>>
>>382642576
>>382642734
>>382642801

Weird I didn't know you can have 4 Paladin auras active at the same time in Diablo 2. When did they add that?
>>
Is this a good time to start playing Diablo 3?
>>
>>382642840
Nah, stooping to samefaffin makes me lose all interest in an argument
>>
>>382642924
Paladin auras are the only thing that act like that and you know it
Everything else can freely be flipped through as you need it
>>
>>382642924
https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Item_Skill_Bonuses#Auras_When_Equipped
>>
>>382642036
My argument was already made in my previous post, fedorascum. Refer to >>382640617 if you're too stupid to scroll up a bit, which I seriously believe you are.

I struck a nerve there, didn't I?

Say, newfag, what's the date you've planned your suicide for? Any special plans?
>>
>diablo 2 patch 2.3 was? or 2.7? like hell i remember
>less summons for necromancer
and thats when i dropped the game
>>
>>382642940
Not really, game was decent only during early-mid seasons. At least it's 50% off right now, and you don't have to buy necro since it's shit anyways. Worth trying only if you're not poor and don't mind spending 20 bucks on the game.
>>
>season starts
>max lvl and full build on the 1st day
>legendaries now have a chance to be PRIMAL ANCIENT aka max roll on every stat
Can't believe they manage to consistently make the game worse with each season.
>>
>>382642919
> being this retarded
>>382624741
best arpg at the moment, mxl is best if you dont mind old graphics
>>
>>382643093
Why are you copying my post >>382640434 ?
Still triggered by it?
>>
>>382641587
What's wrong with loving your mom?
>>
>>382643165
why is there no Diablo general on /vg/?
is there not enough content to theorycraft and talk shit about?

I mean even crap like Paragon has a general, I expected Diablo would have one.
>>
>>382643272
Nothing.

Being 12 and on 4chan - plenty. Can you read?
>>
>>382643220
Note how I said worst fanbase, and then the assmad shill appears out of nowhere.

All planned.
>>
>>382643005
I only mentioned auras because it was the simplest example to get my point across

there is no point in switching away from your highest buffed skill because all cooldowns are the same except for very few cases where you might actually use 2 skills like curses or teleporting

>>382643036
jesus you missed the point by a fucking mile, actually read the conversation next time

also
>runewords
god that part of the exp and those patches were bad
>>
>>382643253
You're replying to two different people, moron.
>>
>>382632378
>there isn't any real game-changing gear to make the way you play any different.

What are you talking about? There are a a huge number of items that actually give you completely new skills you can make entire builds around.
>>
>>382624418
You're retarded and wrong
>>
>>382643383
"sure"
>>
>>382643358
>runewords
>god that part of the exp and those patches were bad

Why exactly? And no, "bad game design" isn't a valid answer.
>>
>>382642735
>Dude let's burn down heaven lmao
>Diablo rekts the shit out of Imperius
>Diablo is literally alone, in front of heavens and only 1 faggit tries to stop him, no one even helps him

Somehow the archangels survive the holocaust.

Wtf is this shit?
>>
>>382643331
Threads are made every new season and only last a few days. There are d2 threads on /vr/

>>382643335
Can you? You implied loving your mom is a bad thing.
>>
>>382643331
M8 there is nothing to theorycraft. Every build is just "get 6piece and do what tooltip says".
>>
>>382626703
>last for 4 seconds

New blizz should fire every person who worked on d3
>>
>>382643509
>New blizz should fire every person who worked on d3
Pretty sure they did that long time ago, thats why its dead.
>>
File: 1497799707489.jpg (413KB, 1278x717px) Image search: [Google]
1497799707489.jpg
413KB, 1278x717px
>>382643491
If you want to push gr40's like the noob you are, but I bet you havn't even touched the game and just shitpost the general gist you pickd up here and there
>>
File: 1498510827296.gif (2MB, 250x209px) Image search: [Google]
1498510827296.gif
2MB, 250x209px
>>382643450

I feel runes were a bit overpowered and I felt like the build diversity went down with the runewords

some of the new builds were really stupid and OP too like smitedin and hammerdin

I just preferred the itemization in classic diablo 2 way more, but it's pretty subjective.

Also they nerfed a lot of the diablo 2 uniques which was really gay or they just became obsolete because of new items and runewords, ugh
>>
>>382643482
>You implied loving your mom is a bad thing.
Completely false.

I listed three components related to being underage. I can see you have significant problems with text comprehension, did you have trouble in school?
>>
File: 2b8.png (213KB, 284x385px) Image search: [Google]
2b8.png
213KB, 284x385px
>>382643575
>>
>>382626828
They made your skellies look bright on purpose so autists can tall them from enemies.
>>
>>382643450
>>382643693

Oh yeah and don't get me started on how absolutely retarded I think charms are, whoever came up with those needs to be shot
>>
Is DAIL for grim dawn any good? I'm assuming it's really unbalanced
>>
>>382622328
The skeletons and golems are literally permanent summons.

What the fuck is your problem?
>>
>>382643694
>loving your mom means you're underage

I can see you have significant problems not being an edgemaster.
>>
>>382635532
Game developers are incompetent. I don't think people quite realise how bad this is in the industry. Everyone jokes here that nobody plays games, but devs genuinely don't play anything other than hearthstone and clash of clans. They have no idea about anything anymore they just derive design from every other badly designed game.
>>
>>382643808
>grim dawn any good

No.
>>
Once Blizzard starts running low on funds, they're going to pump out the Diablo 2 HD Remaster to fatten up their wallets again. Hopefully they make it actually play and look like Diablo 2.
>>
>>382643654

you do realize you can see the builds of the people on the top of the leaderboards, right?

they are all generic developer approved builds

im sorry, but you're fucking retarded
>>
>>382643654
You can probably do 40 with welfare set you get right after getting to 70 in season, fucking retard. Casual idiots like you is the reason game went to complete shit.
>>
>>382643881
>Once Blizzard starts running low on funds

Which is sadly never.
>>
>>382643870
okay blizzard
>>
File: 1497857609864.jpg (91KB, 734x729px) Image search: [Google]
1497857609864.jpg
91KB, 734x729px
>>382643904
>THAT spacing
>Literally no proof of argument
>>
>>382643936
>You can probably do 40 with welfare set you get right after getting to 70 in season

More like 70. 40 is piss easy.
>>
>>382643936
Are you moving the goalpost or did you reply to the wrong guy, cause you don't make sense
>>
>>382643961
>>Literally no proof of argument

>asking me to prove something that is literally and factually in the game, which 100% objectively proves my argument

do you even own the game or are you just a shitposting blizzdrone?
>>
>>382643961
His spacing is reddit, but he's still right. D3 builds are extremely straight forward.

>Literally no proof of argument

To open the ledaerboards you press shift+L.
>>
>>382643961
>>382644081
>spacing
if you believe the reddit spacing meme you're a retard
>>
File: Stupid.jpg (248KB, 1601x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Stupid.jpg
248KB, 1601x1199px
>>382644054
>Rspacing
>Still no screenshot of proof
>>382644081
I know, but the burden of proof is on him, that is, if he even owns the game so he can take the screenshot
>>
>>382643961
he's literally right though
every single set in the game is specifically DESIGNED ON PURPOSE to force you to use a specific set of skills & runes
>>
any alternatives?, played PoE, played grimdawn.
>>
I loved playing summonmancer back in the day when you'd use Jamella editor to pump out some white armor with + summoning skills so you could have 80+ skeletons. They all sucked and the game lagged, but it was fun. Even the recent build is fun to play as a summonmancer. A few years back though I tried out bonemancer and loved it. Does D3 at least do the bone spear justice? I loved doing 40k damage in friendly pvp and he just chewed through enemy mobs. Takes a long time to be viable though.
>>
>>382644131
If you believe the earth isn't flat meme you're a retard.

>>382644151
But I just gave you the proof for him, stupid neogaffer. Pressing shift+L opens the leaderboards, where you can copy the cookie cutter straight forward builds, that haven't changed in 3 seasons.
>>
>>382640745
Grim Dawn is my go-to ARPG atm but he's right, it feels and looks shit. It's a shame because the depth of builds and the item design is great. Stuck on a horrible engine unfortunately.
>>
>>382644241
PoE is the only alternative. There's also Wolcen on sale, but it's early access, and I haven't bought it, so can't really recommend it, but it looks cool.
>>
>want to play diablo with friends
>they just look up online what the most popular build for their class is
I don't understand this, why even play at that point?
>>
>>382622328
they designed themselves into a corner in regard to returning any d2 classes, since all of the normal classes were essentially two of them combined

witch doctor already did the whole permanent summons/army thing
>>
File: 1434937829620.png (96KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1434937829620.png
96KB, 300x300px
>>382644280
>Grim Dawn is my go-to ARPG
>the depth of builds and the item design is great
>>
>>382643331
D3 literally has no gameplay. It barely kept a /vg/ alive just by autists posting about numbers.
Also before the necro was announced it was essentially dead and abandoned by blizzard.
>>
>>382644382
I don't know what that image is supposed to imply.
>>
>>382644212
Tell me the must have abilities for Legacy of Nightmares set
>>
>>382644345
>I don't understand this

There's the good viable builds made by D3 autismos that played the beta and tested shit, then there's your shit meme builds that can't get past t6. It's just how the game works, very few good builds.
>>
>>382644345
Diablo doesn't support any other player style. Its very heavily biased towards use whatever X set you get and the abilities that are supported by it.
>>
>>382644467
Maybe you should lurk more, or alternatively, something that would be difficult for a GD player, but worth trying - use common sense.
>>
>>382644409
>>382644482
>>
>>382644490
>>382644498
You can go T13 with whatever the fuck you want, doesn't mean you have to go for GR100+ builds

I guess some people are just literally too stupid to think themselves
>>
>>382643961
Do you ever wonder if people use "reddit spacing" because it baits brainlets like you into arguing with them over literally nothing but the format of their posts?
>>
>>382644547
The redeeming factor of the game is that the items themselves open up a huge amount of different potential builds. I don't see why you take issue with that.
>>
>>382644482
>he's trying to imply LoN builds don't literally all use the exact same skill set, depending on the class you play

Everyone point and laugh.
>>
>>382644498
>use whatever X set you get
With kadala and cube you are guaranteed to get desired set with minimum effort.
>>
>>382634207
Nope, be does have a rune to make them last longer though. Also a passive that makes them last longer, and a ring that makes them last longer and makes you summon two at a time.

So while not permanent, it's not that bad.
>>
>>382644345
There's not really much of doing your own build in Diablo 3. There's always just going to be 1 build that's way stonger than everything else the class has to offer.
>>
File: 1492545072491.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492545072491.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>>382644619
>No proof
>>
>>382644574
>You can go T13 with whatever the fuck you want

Enjoy being slow and dying a lot, in a game that revolves around getting free legendaries as fast as you can. Talk about stupid. Might as well not even play the game if you're not gonna be efficient, because the game itself sure isn't fun, and the only good thing is getting gear fast.
>>
File: 1490803750873.gif (3MB, 406x300px) Image search: [Google]
1490803750873.gif
3MB, 406x300px
>>382644443
>Also before the necro was announced it was essentially dead and abandoned by blizzard.
really tired of this entitlement. you can see it all over the forums too.

it wasn't "abandoned" it was "done"
it's not an MMO, you aren't supposed to play it forever, they already added so much to the game and actually shaped it into something resembling a fucking game, yet faggots are still crying for new classes and even expecting new content for FREE
the game is finished, its time to move the fuck on
>>
>>382644482
you think you're being clever but you're just embarrassing yourself
even with LoN there is a specific build that does miles ahead of everything else by making the most out of non-set Legendaries
>>
>>382626878
>>382635009
I'm assuming there are at least legendary effects that make your temp summons permanent/last longer?
>>
>>382644605
The game has no redeeming factors at all.
>>
>>382644714
What's the matter, to much of a brainlet to figure out good LoN-builds?
Couldn't even prove a counterargument?
gg
>>
>>382644650
>>382644682
If you can't muster a build yourself that gets you to T13 then you are literally retarded.
>>
>>382644798
>LALALALALA UR WRONG IM RIGHT GG EZ LMAO U MAD
you must be over the age of 18 to post on this website
>>
>>382644745
Well obviously I disagree, having relics and items add new skills means the number of potential builds is fun for someone who enjoys that aspect the most about an arpg. It's the polar opposite to diablo 3.
>>
>>382644804
I can, I get my set, then check the leaderboards, and copy what they do. Easy T13. You on the other hand tip your fedora designing a trash build, then spend 5 times more in a rift, and get 10 times less legendaries and mats.
>>
>>382644580
Do you ever wonder if people you reply to are just underage shits too invested into a single game mom bought them that grasp at straws desperately trying to damage control?
>>
>>382644804
this
the real fun of the game is making a new HC character each season, using what you get and making a build that compliments whatever you happen to find, treat the game like a roguelike, quit when you die and come back next season.
>>
>>382644874
>Well obviously I disagree

Hence the reaction image that perfectly describes you.
>>
>>382624741
A very bad D2 clone. There is no point to it existing.

If you want something with depth you go for PoE. If you want casual fun with better visuals and feel you go for D3.
>>
>>382644937
>playing RNG: The Game in HC

I feel bad for this anon, he's so desperate he puts himself through this shit. ;_;
>>
>>382644861
>Still no argument for the "every single set in the game is specifically designed to force you to use specific abilites, a-a-as long as it's n-not the sets you mention"
>>
>no new season to go with new character
>>
>>382644937
But... you dont even have to rely only on random items you get any more.
>>
>>382644878
If your only purpose for playing this game is rolling dice for better items why the fuck are you even playing?
>>
>>382645029
His statement still applies to LoN though, every class has a best LoN build, and nobody uses a different build.
>>
File: Untitled.png (26KB, 487x358px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
26KB, 487x358px
>>382645029
>>382644798
>>382644409
>>382644651
inb4 goalposts moved to the other end of the universe
>>
why are you people STILL playing this game?

there is nothing new, no new maps, no new story, no new gameplay

it's the same grinding shit all over it went stale the first couple of hours you finished the story
>>
>>382643358
>jesus you missed the point by a fucking mile, actually read the conversation next time

I didn't, you were being retarded and I pointed you out.
>>
>>382644712
This.
Is not like you keep playing Diablo 2,i mean 3, for ever guys heh.
>>
>>382645081
>rolling dice for better items

The essence of every Diablo game. Why the fuck are you playing D3? For fun? For the good story mode? Clearly not, because the game is shit with a garbage lore.
>>
>>382645108
just like D2
people are still playing that 17 years later mate
>>
File: Tyrone.jpg (74KB, 620x670px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrone.jpg
74KB, 620x670px
>>382645095
>Icyveins
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA
>>
>>382645108
Because playing for a week into each season and the quitting is fun.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>382645091
>and nobody uses a different build.
>>
>>382645194
>asks for proof
>be given proof
>NOT PROOF STOP TRYING TO PROVE ME WRONG I'M RIGHT I'M RIGHT I'M RIGHT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>382645174
>The essence of every Diablo game.
The essence of every Diablo game is to make builds, not to be a Chinese farmer. I don't get how anyone can miss this.
>>
>>382645242
Ok, let me rephrase that. Nobody that wants to be efficient uses a different build. Just because you're a fedora memer jacking off to your shit meme build, doesn't mean anything.
>>
File: 1393623024427.jpg (11KB, 196x290px) Image search: [Google]
1393623024427.jpg
11KB, 196x290px
>>382645179
Diablo 2 is 17 (SEVENTEEN) years old
>>
>>382645284
>to make builds

Which you can't do without the required items. I don't see how you can miss this. Not to mention that D3 has a minuscule amount of builds.
>>
File: 1493157729268.jpg (93KB, 640x583px) Image search: [Google]
1493157729268.jpg
93KB, 640x583px
>>382645267
>Thinks shitty outdated builds on a site that nobodies steal old builds from other sites are some proof
>>
doesn't D3 have some ultra hard content like the maps in PoE?

if not, why isn't that implemented? Blizz copies anything anyways.
>>
>>382645353
>Diablo 3
>old builds

I know you're baiting, but I'd like to point out, for other anons that are reading your posts, that D3 hasn't had any skill or item changes in the last 3 seasons, hence all builds being old.
>>
>>382645290
>Thinks some shitty build made on some site is the ultimate end-all, be-all build for all LoN builds
>>
Got a nice refund on the pack. Don't know why I even bothered with blizzard again.
>>
>>382645343
You get items and make builds out of them, then you find more items and think hmm I could make a build out of this.

How is this so difficult for you? At what point do you go "I'm not going to think for myself, instead I'm going to let everyone else tell me what to do"?
>>
>>382645353
oh yeah i can't wait for this arbitrary card to be played for every single proof anyone puts on the table, you really showed him

you're anonymous kid, it's time to grow up, let go of your fragile pride and learn to admit you're wrong or at the very least stop responding
>>
>>382644712
>the game is finished
In every sense of the word desu.
>>
>>382645402
Yes they've had, next to all seasons make big buffs to certain skills or sets, despite the wizard being forced to play twister for several months, a lot of the other classes had to change some abilities and playstyle every new season
>>
>>382645405
I think it because it's a fact. You're free to compare those builds with the ladder builds.

>>382645419
Yeah, and I get items way faster than you, because I copied the ladder build, and didn't make my own shit meme build that clears everything slow and gets me killed a lot.

Are you illiterate?
>>
>>382622328
they had months of beta testing and its shit
Inarius set is the only viable set
its crazy OP and I got GR70 without any ancient items or optimized skills

the only thing I like the necro for is the skeletal summons, but the set is so fucking annoying. pressing a key every 4 sec. so you stay optimized is not fun you Blizzard faggots. who tested this bs
>>
>>382645451
Yeah, naw, not gonna spoonfeed you where the good builds are at, keep pushing those low grifts with the shitty builds from icyveins
>>382645525
LoN isn't on he ladder cause it's shit
>>
>>382624895
>>382624895
If it's the intro art style that bothered you it never comes up again.
It's a very good game you should give it until the first boss.
>>
>>382645503
No, this was only in the past, and hasn't been the case for a while, feel free to check the patch notes. The only change is a Wizard skill being renamed.
>>
>>382645525
If you are too much of a brainlet to think of builds yourself then why are you grinding for items?
>>
>>382645468
we're having a thread about a 5 year old game, retard
do you really barge into threads just to pretend to be a smartass?
>>
>>382645581
>not gonna spoonfeed you where the good builds are at

On the ladder, as everyone has told you multiple times already.

>LoN isn't on he ladder cause it's shit

Proof?
>>
>>382645603
>The past
>Previous season had a lot of changes
cherrypicking 101, but I won't be too happy if blizz decides to only push necro out this season without touching other classes
>>
>>382645681
Burden of proof is on you
>>
>>382645627
The brainlet is you, because you're being an edgy hipster wasting time with shit builds, instead of copying the good ones. D3 doesn't have any depth or build variety, you play what's the best, or you don't play at all, because the game isn't worth playing in the first place.
>>
>>382645371
Diablo 3 has infinitely scaling content
Path of Exile has finite content that any retard with internet could google to find a build and trade a few chaos for the gear

Both games are awful in their own right, but at least diablo 3 doesnt pretend to be complex
>>
>too much of a brainlet to think of builds for Diablo 3, the most casual Diablo game
>trying to call out others for being stupid because they aren't reading guides
lmao
>>
>put on Kaom's for the first time
>Xoph's Blood
>2 rings each worth ~50 chaos
>Ngamahu's Flame
>game lags right at the start of location because lul Invasion
> log out, log in
>void league
T-thanks GGG.
>>
>>382645284
>not to be a Chinese farmer
Thank god for items like Griffon's being so common eh? Almost got a heart attack when i saw my a unique diadem drop back in D2, good times.
>>
>>382645581
>Yeah, naw, not gonna spoonfeed you where the good builds are at,
no, of course not, you're just gonna post "nice try" after i successively link every diablo fansite in the world, but you'll still insist i haven't found "the one true site"
this isn't my first time proving a prideful retard wrong in this kindergarden of a website, buddy

>keep pushing those low grifts with the shitty builds from icyveins
lmao i just use the ingame scoreboard to search for builds, conveniently for you there isn't a season up right now, we wouldn't even be having this argument if that were the case
>>
>>382645745
How am I wasting time?
>>
>>382645645
Didn't know Necro came 5 years ago, my bad then.
>>
>>382645702
>Previous season had a lot of changes

Show me all those changes previous season had. Also necro is shit and barely has two viable builds.

>>382645739
It's on you, because you made the claim.
>>
>>382624464
>game where you must run dungeons in 3 minutes or less
>must use a skill that leaves you stationary and last 4 seconds
Stop defending a brand, retard, when it's obvious you never even touched teh games. Back to hearstone with you, you sack of shit.
>>
>>382645836
https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-builds
Not him, but you could look it up yourself.
>>
>>382645808
You're not getting legendaries as fast as you could be getting them.
>>
>>382645851
But all the highest ladder runs are like 12-14 minutes?
>>
>>382645886
And?
>>
>>382645839
You can check them yourself on the official site
>>382645779
>Leaderboards
>Start of seasons
lovin every laugh
>>
>>382645779
>mao i just use the ingame scoreboard to search for builds

That's also what icy-veins does. They just copy that shit and make it into guides.
>>
>>382644151
>I know, but the burden of proof is on him, that is, if he even owns the game so he can take the screenshot

Do it yourself. If you don't have the game, why are you arguing about it?
>>
File: 1408676939979.jpg (62KB, 744x615px) Image search: [Google]
1408676939979.jpg
62KB, 744x615px
>>382645880
>Icyveins
>>
>>382645953
You're wasting time.

>>382645963
I can't check them, because there weren't any.
>>
>>382645964
so you're admitting that was proof then
nice cognitive dissonance
>>
>>382625736
>D3Necro fun?
No. they made it garbage on purpose, and all effects that make skills usable are tied to legendaries and set effects. It has 0 natural DPS and completely unplayable in rift or against bosses.
half the summons have a 5 to 10 second life time (eventhe ones requiring corpses). bone magic is a waste of slot. Curses are all incredibly useless, and you MUST waste a passive to even consider using them. the "pay with blood' rune effect is mostly useless, as the boost doesn't warrant the price and require to lose too much good affixes for life a full life regen/life steal gear
>>
how good is the pvp in this game?
>>
>>382646013
I'm not him, newfaggot. I'm proving you right.
>>
>>382626878
mage skeleton last 5 seconds up to 8 if you waste a passive that literally only does that.
>>
File: 30a.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
30a.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
>>382646008
>I can't check them, because there weren't any.
>>
>>382646061
I can't tell if you're joking or not, but they removed PvP a long time ago, and it was never good.
>>
>>382646005
So are you just going to meme when you're proven wrong?
>>
>>382646119
Show me them then. Or can you not, because they don't exist?
>>
>>382646054
its fun that with all other classes the passive skills compete with each other and you have to chose carefully

the Necro passives are all so fucking shit, it doesn't really matter
>>
If you want a game with some actual gameplay and play all the diablo,heroes at the same just play hots.
Its free.
>>
>>382646123
>Removed pvp
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/gameplay/pvp#brawling
>>382646061
Nobody really bothers with it, since pvp for diablo2 was just about griefing and not a thing anyway
>>
>>382646174
They're there, just not gonna spoonfeed someone who is too stupid to use blizzards own website
>>
File: 1497311582385.png (115KB, 322x295px) Image search: [Google]
1497311582385.png
115KB, 322x295px
>>382646159
>D3 Icyveins
>Not a dead section of the site that somebody copypastes old outdated builds on
>>
File: 1499078210452.jpg (86KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1499078210452.jpg
86KB, 600x450px
>>382646245
>They're there
>>
>>382646245

How is he going to prove you wrong if you're unwilling to show the evidence?

How could he possibly prove that it's not on Blizzard's website?
>>
>>382646306
You literally can't copy paste outdated nero builds when the class came out about a week again.
>>
>>382646306
Not the guy you were arguing with, nor do I care about the argument, but if icyveins is bad, where am I supposed to steal builds off from?
>>
>>382646384
You literally can because retards were making builds in beta way before the class sets and shit were unveiled or even tested
>>
>>382646392
Ignore him, he's a /wowg/ shitposter, I recognize his posting style perfectly. Shitveins is the best for D3 guildes, they just copy the ladderboard builds, and give explanations and variants. Diablofans used to be the best, but they ruined it a while back.
>>
>>382646314
>>382646326
Literally just googled diablo 3 season 10 notes and it's on the site you mouthbreathing shitposters
>>
>>382646431
So it's not outdated, but I guess you don't know what the word means.
>>
>>382646112
holy shit this is insulting
>>
File: ZVQP7.gif (58KB, 450x288px) Image search: [Google]
ZVQP7.gif
58KB, 450x288px
>>382646314
>It's not there
>>
>>382646509
>3 class skill bug fixes
>not a single item/skill change that would result in builds being changed and guides being updated

Good job mouthbreathing shitposter. Good job.
>>
>>382646452
>diablo3
>needing builds copying
How old are you? this game is piss easy and there's no "builds" that isn't given to you by reading your sets description and checking the kunai cube list for the remaining item slots
>>
>>382646593
I don't think you know what it means if people still post builds that are irrelevant today after changes
>>
File: 1442526557893.png (28KB, 237x237px) Image search: [Google]
1442526557893.png
28KB, 237x237px
>>382646642
>9gag reaciton images
>>
>>382635618
15$$$$!!!!!!
>>
>>382646683
You don't understand, people this stupid actually exist.
>>
>>382646683
>implying I need to do any of that, and can't just copy the build way faster

Retard.
>>
File: blockhead.jpg (180KB, 1911x1079px) Image search: [Google]
blockhead.jpg
180KB, 1911x1079px
>>382646693
>tumblr reaction images
>>
>>382646687
You do know that the beta sets and the lives sets are the same ones right? You can even pop open Blizznet, and look for the post talking about nerco's sets, and see people complaining about them.
>>
>>382646762
see >>382646762
>>
Is it possible to make a viable end-game wizard build without archon? Wizard is my favorite class, but I hate that spell, so I pretty much stopped playing new seasons because all the good builds require it.
>>
File: LGZtsoh.gif (2MB, 350x250px) Image search: [Google]
LGZtsoh.gif
2MB, 350x250px
>>382646647
>Let me just ignore all the item changes for the sake of my argument
>>
>>382646801
Check icy-veins.
>>
>15 dollars for one (1) character
I want off this ride where they nickel and dime you for everything
>>
>>382646842
Literally no item that changed a single build from the previous season.
>>
>>382646801
depends on what you mean viable, cause for /v/ it means literally the only build that cleared the highest solo grift in time, ignoring the builds that are on par with it and up and coming builds
>>
>>382646865
It's not just the character, they made it a bundle with all other sorts of stupid useless shit, just so blizzdrones will try and justify it by saying it's worth the money because you get a shitty worthless faggot pennant nobody gives a dickhole about.
>>
>>382646931
A build that would allow a shitter like me to complete all the requirements needed to unlock seasonal stash.
>>
>>382646895
Now you're moving the goalpost, the origins of the discussion was that there was "no changes" >>382646008
>>
>>382646734
>going on a side site
>faster than reading literally 1 sentence
You really make the word "retard" shine at its true potential there, kid.
>>
>>382622328
>15 dollars for a Necromancer than can only run around with 7 skeletons

Fuck Blizzard.
>>
>>382646994
Now you're moving the goalpost, the origins of the duscussion was that saying websites copy old means doesn't mean anything, because there were no build changes for a long time >>382645402
>>
>>382646991
Firebirds, DMO and LoN manald heal can all clear the season journey quests
>>
>>382647010
>he thinks I'm going on any website
>reading literally 1 sentence being faster than pressing shift+L

You really make the word "retard" shine at it's true potential there, kiddo.
>>
>>382646392
Diablo fans?
>>
File: not.jpg (247KB, 1801x856px) Image search: [Google]
not.jpg
247KB, 1801x856px
>>382647047
That's not my post though
>>
>>382637610
>most people who post about it don't even bother to get to (end) game
Well no shit, why would I play a game I don't like for 60 hours for a chance of it to become somewhat good?
>>
>>382647167
Yeah, it's my post, that you replied to, that started the discussion, braindead retard.
>>
Why does D3 garner so much hate from people who clearly didn't ever play it.
>>
File: 1448707475080.jpg (37KB, 449x546px) Image search: [Google]
1448707475080.jpg
37KB, 449x546px
>it's another /v/ hates d3 necro because you actually have to play the game instead of afking to win while their skellies do all the hard work episode
just go play cookie clicker or some other idle game you retards
>>
>>382643338
>insults someone
>surprised they insult you in return
literally retarded
>>
>>382647216
So why are you arguing with yourself?
>>
>>382647252
>using turret skele mages

Great gameplay brobro, loving it so much.
>>
>>382647269
I'm not, you replied to me with bullshit arguments, and I proved them wrong. Why are you starting arguments you can't finish?
>>
File: 1492929588943.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492929588943.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>382647237
There's some antiblizz group that goes into every WoW/Overwatch/D3/HotS thread to shitpost and complain how the older blizz games were better while shitting on the new ones
>>
>>382647337
>telling the truth is now shitposting

I want blizzdrones to go away.
>>
>>382647326
Because we finished the discussion about why icyveins is a shit site because it's outdated builds, then we moved on about patch notes were you got proven wrong as well, and now you try to go back to icyveins argument that was already finished
>>
I like D3 and all but I can't deny that the end game doesn't suck major dick. There's a lot of potential build variety, but 90% of the builds are complete ass. Such a shame.
>>
>>382647387
And the russians hacked the elections, it's true cause media says so
>>
>>382647448
No, that's not how it went down. You said a website uses outdated builds, I said builds in D3 haven't changed for a while, you said they did a lot of item and skill changes, I said that was only in the past, and it hasn't been the case for a long time, you brought up s10 changes, I proved they didn't result in builds being changed, you moved the goalpost.

You're sweating, just admit your mistake.
>>
>>382647497
Except that people who tell the truth on /v/ aren't the media, in fact, you're closer to being the media, blizzdrone shill.
>>
>>382647468
>campaign D3
>skills you use actually determine your build and pretty much everything works
>no stupid legendaries with 20,000% more damage when you do this
>end game D3
>gear says you must use THIS skill and then get 10 more pieces of gear for that skill and then MAYBE it will be good but probably not
Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
File: fo_splash.gif (32KB, 607x426px) Image search: [Google]
fo_splash.gif
32KB, 607x426px
>>382647632
there is no people on /v/ telling the the truth, cause everyone here posts facts
>>
>>382647571
Nah, you can't be any more wrong because lightning hydras and shadow mantle being rift guardian killers for example
>>
>>382647739
Which was also the case before.
>>
>>382647782
>Lightning hydras which couldn't proc manalds heal before season 10
>"hurr durr"
>>
>>382647689
when the devs decided endgame shit should scale exponentially instead of properly balancing the game in a way you can make your own builds
>>
>>382647863
Proof?
>>
>>382647689
Funny how the game got better over time but the end game only got worse.
>>
>people crying they cant do GR 120 with their shitty retarded build
lmao nigga stay in torment 1 if you wanna "play the game your way"
>>
File: proof.png (46KB, 610x564px) Image search: [Google]
proof.png
46KB, 610x564px
>>382647782
Holy point shoot for DH's did not throw two additional knives before season 10, and Manald could not proc from hydras
>>
>>382648028
>he enjoys being handheld and funneled by devs
people like you is why the gaming industry is going downhill
>>
>>382647898
see>>382648062

reckt
>>
>>382648078
lmao nigga no one says you gotta do the INFINITELY scaling CONTENT
>>
>>382648136
>lmao nigga no one says you have to do ANYTHING PAST THE TUTORIAL
neck yourself
>>
>>382648184
lmao nigga if you wanna do the hardest content in the game you best be using the absolute best gear in the game thats just how it is
literally ANYTHING can do gr70 as long as you arent a retard
>>
>>382647898
Back to the cuckshed boiiiiii
>>
>>382648371
So no proof? Got it.
>>
>need a guide to play d3
>need "builds"
These may be the lowest iq players of any game.
>>
>>382648970
gg ez no re
>>
>be d3
>10th best selling game
>make ros expansion
>no more expansions afterwards
>make necro dlc
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>382649036
2ezpez lemon squez
>>
>>382649120
After WoD they pulled all the devs to WoW, like shit, a few days after Tomb of Sargeras opened they had a PTR for Argus
Thread posts: 521
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.