[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>create the best first person combat system ever >punish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2141.jpg (51KB, 250x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2141.jpg
51KB, 250x310px
>create the best first person combat system ever
>punish anyone who uses it
What did Arkane mean by this?
>>
>we want the thief audience but no one will buy our game like that
>>
>>382607726
>an anon posts a meme that's been disproven countless times before

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>382607726
no it doesnt
>>
File: 1465063329282-1.png (77KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
1465063329282-1.png
77KB, 500x327px
>the first power you get turns stealth into a joke
>>
it's only a "punishment" if you hate more fun.
>>
File: 1484636756966.jpg (528KB, 844x769px) Image search: [Google]
1484636756966.jpg
528KB, 844x769px
>>382608416
>playing on normal
>>
Getting the bad ending when you play like a murderous psychopath is a reward, not a punishment.

I can't remember how shit went down. Was the bad ending a punch in the gut or something?
>>
>>382609012
Bad Ending requires you to save Emily from falling off the tower. She ends up wanting to become a tyrant, too.
>>
>>382609186
So why is that considered bad? I'd love that shit.
>>
>it's another "anon pretends that high chaos = bad ending" thread
Wipe this meme from the face of the earth
>>
>>382607726
A pacifist run should be punishing, that's the point. It's easier and more enjoyable to run around and kill people, it takes a lot of restraint to not do that.
>>
>>382609467
I didn't think it's bad, either. The Good Ending feels more like a punishment - a cakewalk to the tower/most of your enemies dead and the clear weather. It is absolutely no fun.
>>
>hey why is this immersive sim's narrative responding to my in-game actions? why am I so retarded that I need an overtly positive ending to get closure in an interactive story? why can't this game callously disregard my agency and give me a preset generic ending?
>>
>>382609867
You telling me about the bad ending makes me wanna give the game another shot.
>>
>>382607726
>>punish anyone who uses it
>murder everyone and everything in your way
>wants the peaceful ending

I mean, are you stupid? Everyone whines about no consequences for taking different actions. This game gives you results based on your actions and you get whiners like this idiot.
>>
>>382610225
How did they respond to those complaints? How did the sequel end?
>>
>>382610093
Do it, man. I'm going to replay it myself this week.
>>
>>382610371
The sequel is a lot more ambiguous in the end. Where, lets say, the first game was 70% of the ending feels different based on high/low chaos where about 30% is the same no matter what you do, reverse that for the sequel ending.
>>
>>382607726
>IMG_2141
they should be shot in the streets
>>
>>382610561
So they overreacted, like every developer ever. Such a dumb fucking shame.
>>
>>382607726
>punish anyone who uses it
What did he mean by this?
>>
It doesn't have a dedicated kick button and thus is shittier than Dark Messiah.

/thread
Yes I'm threading my own post, fuck you.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.