[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this gonna be the greatest game of all time? I'm honestly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Star-Citizen-Logo.jpg (122KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Citizen-Logo.jpg
122KB, 1920x1080px
Is this gonna be the greatest game of all time? I'm honestly excited af desu senpai.
>>
>>382607130

greatest scam*

fixed
>>
Honestly I'm hopeful that it'll end up really good in time. That time probably being another two years minimum.

It's fine though since I haven't actually put any money towards the game myself. I'm good with other richfags footing the bill for development of my dream game
>>
>star citizen
lol
>>
It doesn't look any better than Pong so no
>>
>>382607130
Half-Life 3 will come out before this game
>>
>>382607207
this lets get our jew lawyers ready
>>
>>382607207
>>382607352
>>382607549
Have you bros not seen the gameplay! >×<
https://youtu.be/TTGJOC0stus
>>
>>382607961
no, and neither has anyone else, since none of that shit is in the game yet
>>
>>382607207
Fpbp
>>
>>382607501
We'll probably get dwarf fortress v1.0 before this game to be honest
>>
>>382607961
>landing zones make rovers a necessity
That alone would have made me drop money. So many great ideas wasted on a game that won't ever release
>>
>Feature Creep: The Game
>>
File: dnf.jpg (59KB, 490x519px) Image search: [Google]
dnf.jpg
59KB, 490x519px
Star Citizen is basically Duke nukem forever 2.0

Not because of the delays, but because it's suffering from the same problem DNF did: Every single time something new happened in the genre, the devs would try to update the game so that it would keep up and stay "revolutionary", this resulted in the game being restarted from scratch several times and the devs getting absolutely sick with the direction the lead was taking them.

In the end they'll just give up and release some trash and hope everyone forgets about the blunder fast
>>
>>382610948

Close but no. SC isn't being restarted with every new feature, it's just that the team has awful organization and their scope is too massive. DNF always had some sort of "core", even if that core wasn't very good. SC doesn't have that.
>>
>>382610948
I completely forgot about dnf holy shit.
>>
>>382611221
People died waiting for this game.
>>
>>382611147

>SC isn't being restarted with every new feature

It might as well be, it was supposed to be a space sim, suddenly Chris wants shooter modes and other bullshit.
>>
>>382611392

It was supposed to be a space MMORPG, with everything else added on. Roberts' problem is that he never EVER built out the core gameplay, because the spreadsheet part of the game is boring and not flashy. As a result the game is permanently fucked until he does do that, if he ever does.
>>
>>382611147
The restart part is not meant to be taken literally. But a lot of features would definitely require for the devs to review code and backtrack a few steps, which is tiresome for them when they have to do it for the 100th time
>>
>>382611147
Sc is lagging behind though because of this. There are already titles that deliver everything sc has to offer because they're taking too long spending their money on yachts, star trek doors and $14k coffee machines
>>
soon(tm)
>>
just wait until gamescom or whatever

the next release is supposed to be out in august
>>
>>382614972
this will finally be it, the magical patch that silences all the naysayers forever

this time for real
>>
>>382614972
no it will not since their bankrupt now
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.