[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought this, aside from Super Resident evil 4 EX Hyper Ultra

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: Theevilwithin_cover.png (743KB, 764x828px) Image search: [Google]
Theevilwithin_cover.png
743KB, 764x828px
Just bought this, aside from Super Resident evil 4 EX Hyper Ultra HD UNRATED Remix, what should I expect? I've heard good things.
>>
It really isn't like RE4. I would say it's closer to the last of us.
>>
Awful fucking controls and camera
>>
These threads got be shill threads. This is like 12th thread about this game in 2 weeks.
>I'hve heard good things
Liar.
>>
you got it on pc right?

console version is fucking garbage. if you have a nice pc, though, it's pretty fucking great. its at its best before it hits chapter 10, then things get a bit... meh.

great horror game. cant wait for the sequel.
>>
Great survival horror for the first 1/4 of the game. Shit action shooter for the other 3/4
>>
File: tew-21841.gif (1MB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
tew-21841.gif
1MB, 450x250px
>>382605646
>what should I expect?
My long ass right up I post for every time people ask this question. TEW is not your traditional Horror tps even if you think it might be.

If you are expecting RE4 then you are going to have a bad time. If you are expecting to be scared then you are going to have a bad time. Plot, atmosphere and theme wise it's similar to games like RE, silent hill but TEW is it's own thing gameplay wise. It expects a lot out of you and the more you know about the mechanics the better it is. You need a different mentally to approaching the game. It's not like old REs where you have to decided whether to fight or run. And It's not like new REs where you just gun down everything. There plenty of moments where you have to kill lots of enemies and you can play the whole game that ( I personal love too) But there's a tactical edge to the game. Stealth is only an option and outside the tutorial, it's not necessary at all unless you are going to play on AKUMU difficulty. You can't shoot everything your first play through because you most definitely will run out of ammo and the game is not very forgiving when you have nothing. Using what you can find like bottles for setting off traps or using them to get knife instant kills, or one-use items come in handy. Also Matches are probably one of the most useful things in the game for saving ammo. Not only do they instantly kill downed enemies. But they will instant kill anything around that enemy giving you some nice setups. Then there's all the other stuff you can do by disarming traps(or saving them to use for your advantage) to make arrows or stealth kills. The gameplay is very unique compared to RE4/DS and one of the best thing about it is that it makes you improvise on the spot. Fighting things head on without knowing if you will find what you need or have enough ammo makes the game quite thrilling.
>>
>>382605646
>what should I expect?

Mandatory DLC sadly, its almost required to have a great experience with it.

>>382606174
>These threads got be shill threads.

The Sequel was one of the best things at 3e fuck off. Let them talk about it.
>>
Im on chapter 10 and loving it. It took til chapter 4 or so before it hooked me.
>>
>>382606812

Why is mandatory dlc required?
>>
>>382605646
Slowly getting more disappointed.
>>
>>382606940
Chapter 11 drops a bit but there still great moments. The more actiony bits of city are pretty small segments and then it gets back some of that cool atmosphere and monsters.
>>
I got told I'd love this because I loved Dead Space and so far all I've done is get killed and sneak around shit doing fuck all. I can't decide whether I hate it or not.
>>
>>382605646
Expect to die many times during boss fights, the two encounters with the burnt spider woman are particularly frustrating.
>>
>>382605646
It's RE4 but suffers from not actually being RE4. If you can enjoy things without comparing it to other similar games, you'll enjoy it.
>>
Don't be afraid to run past shit. You want those bullets for bosses.

It's good till around Chapter 10 then it drops off and gets weirdly actiony
>>
>>382610246
Don't sneak.
>>
>>382610028
I liked the apartment section.
>>
>>382610909
Yeah there's it goes back forward. Just remember if you not liking too much of the gun/armor guys, it dies down and goes back to slower stuff again. There some really cool parts.
>>
Worst final boss ever. Nice game tough
>>
>>382611253
Sorry for not clarifying, I'm another anon. If it helps, I finished akumu and I killed this swat guys with only a sniper bullet to the heart.
>>
>>382605646
I tried playing it a few times now and just can't. I can't get passed what I assume are just the tutorial areas (I am in Chapter 2 I think).

Everything about it feels awful. The visuals are disorientating. The camera sucks. The controls suck. The forced sneaking around sucks. Shooting things is not at all satisfying.

Just play Shadows of the Damned instead, or just go back to RE4.
>>
>>382605646
just play it you wuss, you're like the idiot on christmas who asks whats inside the present
>>
>>382606812
t.shill
>>
>>382605783
Lol you never played past the first area did you
>>
I really wanted to love this game.

It starts off really strong but when I get to the bosses it tests my patience and when I got to the destroyed city near the end I almost always give up.

It has combat sections that arn't designed for the controls.
>>
>>382605646
I really loved it
ammo management is great
Graphics are good provided you play on pc
My only problem with it is there are too many Insta deaths
>>
>>382606174
Go outside.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.