[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fighting games >literally spending hundreds of dollars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1498639817300.jpg (49KB, 519x360px) Image search: [Google]
1498639817300.jpg
49KB, 519x360px
>fighting games
>literally spending hundreds of dollars on a special controller and thousands of hours practicing offline just to be able to play other humans and actually have fun playing the game instead of just mashing and getting destroyed in 10 seconds or less over and over
>need to have multiple friends who have also invested as much as you have to play them or you're stuck playing random players online with 5000 ping and dogshit netcode
Is there a worse genre?
>>
I consider myself a casual fighting game player
I only play single player unless I have IRL friends and idk, something is just so satisfying about getting so good I destroy the AI
>>
File: raphiel doushio.jpg (62KB, 424x498px) Image search: [Google]
raphiel doushio.jpg
62KB, 424x498px
no, rts is the worst

also, you can play with pads (fighting game pads are cheap), current games have decent netcode (xrd rev 2 for example) and just werks

you can git casual in a couple of hours if you aren't a monkey as well
>>
>>382604452
>literally spending hundreds of dollars on a special controller
You can get by just fine with a regular pad, and hell even for genres like Tekken it matters even less what kind of controller you use.
>thousands of hours practicing offline
Practice is required if you want to get good at anything.
>mashing and getting destroyed in 10 seconds or less over and over
The fuck you mashing for if it keeps getting you destroyed?
>>
>HE HAS NO FRIENDS

KEK
U
C
K
>>
>>382604940
>You can get by just fine with a regular pad
Literally 100% false, the games are borderline unplayable without a stick. Using any kind of d-pad or even analog stick is fucking horrible and you either have no control with the analog stick or you're just mushing the d-pad and hoping it works.
>>
>FPS
>spend years on 3-4 maps to get your aim as perfect as you can and your map control as good as possible just to compete with mediocre shitters

>RTS
>spend years on 3-4 maps to get your APM as fast as possible so you could build your bases and units and send them to attack the enemy base faster

>MOBA
>spend years on a single map maining 3-4 heroes just to get at least 6k mmr / whatever mediocre ranking just to get stomped by pro players who earn thousands of dollars from streams and monthly salary from sponsors and I'm not even mentioning multimillionaire prize pools of the tournaments you will never attend to

Meanwhile
>Fighting games
>Get drunk with your buddies
>Sit on a coach, play some fightans
>This is how I met OP's mother by the way
>>
>>382605162
Except many top players use pad just fine, especially in 3D fighters like Tekken. Complaining that the game is unplayable without a stick is either a personal issue, or simply an excuse for being shit. One of the first questions in my local scene that usually gets asked by a new player is "do I need a stick to git gud?" and the answer is always "fuck no, use what you feel comfortable with."
>>
>>382605365
It's almost like those top players have spent double the amount of time practicing as stick players have just to get over the shitty godawful feeling of using a controller for a fighting game.
>>
>>382605004
>HE HAS NO GRACE
>>
Fighting games are annoying, and unfun.
>>
>>382605481
It takes just as much practice to use a stick, especially if you've never used one before. Again, thinking that you HAVE to use a stick is either a personal issue, or a fucking excuse.
>>
>>382604452
>literally spending hundreds of dollars on a special controller
Considering this is /v/, you're an 09er at the absolute earliest. You fell for the stick meme, and you have nobody to blame except yourself since macros and button mapping has been standard for over a decade now
>thousands of hours practicing
stop sucking. if youre not a casual shitter, 2 hours in training room with any character is way more than enough to iron out a couple of bnbs and have a grasp of your character's tools.

literally git gud
>>
Is rev2 live for the PC?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.