[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got the game Any tips? What origin do I pick? Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: images (29).jpg (19KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
images (29).jpg
19KB, 400x224px
I just got the game
Any tips?
What origin do I pick?
Why is the update 9GBs?
>>
>>382603445
For your first playthrough I'd say just get violent past, get the saw cleaver as your weapon and you can keep it the whole game if you want. Learn to parry with your pistol early in the game, and keep an aggressive attitude while fighting.
>>
File: IMG_8458.jpg (74KB, 463x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8458.jpg
74KB, 463x500px
OP I'm actually finishing my first playthrough myself, on final DLC boss. If you've played a souls game before you'll know that leveling isn't as crucial as other games. That said, if you run short on blood vials you should consider not leveling once after a boss and buy vials in bulk.
Alternatively, once you've unlocked the Great Bridge lamp, that's a great spot to run down the bridge and farm blood vials.
>>
>>382605068
The other thing I wish I would've known earlier in the game (my own fault for not looking it up sooner) is that gem fortifications work like badges in Mario RPG games in the sense that they're not permanent to one weapon, and you'll gradually find gems that give your weapon stronger buffs and often elemental ones - meaning you don't have to commit a weapon to an element choice nor depend on the fire and bolt papers. Also, runes work like rings in dark souls, you can equip them right next to the workshop tool table. Use these to your advantage - I didn't know about them or use any until I was deep into the second half of the game
>>
>>382603445
Just play the fucking game and figure it out yourself you idiot what is wrong with you
>>
>>382603445
>Any tips?
Close this thread and play the game blind.
>>
The update is large because it downloads the whole DLC even if you haven't bought it and just unlocks it when you do.
>>
Professional is a good starting class - but you cant go wrong with any of them except maybe Cruel Fate/Noble because of the low HP

Vitality is incredibly important - you can easily handle the early parts of the game via upgrades alone, putting every level into VIT until you get at least 20 or 25. This is because of the rally mechanic - meaning if you have higher HP you can be more aggresive and tank hits and lifesteal it back - plus it's just more forgiving overall.

If you see a little pinky-red lantern, that indicates an NPC is nearby who you can talk to.

Weapons have hidden properties, weapons that look like they have serrated teeth have the serrated property which makes them do more damage vs beasts

Pebbles are actually very useful for pulling enemies one at a time, also gunshots can pull enemies via the sound alone if you cant lock onto them

Very large beasts are often weak to fire - speaking of which, all elemental effects scale with the Arcane stat, even on items like Molotov Cocktails.

Armor in general makes very little difference, with the exception that the starting set sucks, and any set outside of the Doll Clothes is a big step up from it in terms of survivability.

Transformation attacks are executed by pressing L1 in the middle of another attack and do a lot of damage.

Pressing up on the DPad gives you 5 bullets at the cost of some HP - however you can still regain this HP so you can sometimes use the bullet tap, then smack something close by to regain the health
>>
>>382603445
Ok William
>>
>>382605582
>>382605380
>>382605068

okay thanks
>>
>>382605446
>>382605470
Just because you guys are being huge cunts and can't discuss videogames
>final boss is Gehrman the first hunter
>you can and should die to the first werewolf you encounter that's how you reach the hunter's dream
>mergo's wet nurse is the end of the game until you fight Gehrman
>there's a hidden final boss, Moon Presence, that appears after you fight Gehrman and you've found/consumed three umbilical cords
>attack the cleric beast's legs to cripple it then use R2 on its head
>the tall hooded enemies holding bags will take you to the Gaol if you're killed by one
>kill the four bellringers before fighting the One Reborn
>dodge left when fighting Maria of the Clocktower, third boss in the DLC right after Living Failures
>the whole game is a dream your character is in, Gehrman offers to wake you up from the dream and ending the game without a final boss
>although Micolash is the host of the nightmare the true veil of the nightmare is hidden by Rom the Spider, and the nightmare ends when you kill Mergo's wet nurse
>you can use tombstones to block most of Gascoine's attacks in the first phase (since he turns into a creature mid fight)
>Ludwig has the moonlight sword from previous souls titles and uses it in his second phase
>>
Violent Past -> Saw Cleaver

The two handed axe is a good weapon but when I first started playing Bloodborne I had an awful time with it. A few months later I rerolled my character and had a much better time with it; the speed of the new weapon outweighed the damage of the old weapon for me.

Don't be afraid to farm bloods. Once you get into the first floor of the Lecture Hall, you can easily farm the slug guys and get easy levels. Work on getting the Ludwig's Holy Blade weapon and upgrade both your Strength and Dexterity. I was a fucking retard and went all in on Strength and was wondering why my LHB damage was low, figured out that it scaled with Dexterity as well.
>>
>>382606697
Also Saw Spear is an incredible weapon and can carry you through the entire game with ease

Its in the rafters of an area shortly after an angry old lady and lots of beasty men, cut it down and grab it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.