[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm replaying Chrono Cross so let's have a Chrono Cross

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: Chrono.jpg (253KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Chrono.jpg
253KB, 1024x768px
I'm replaying Chrono Cross so let's have a Chrono Cross thread.
Who are your favorite party members? Why is Harle so perfect? Best song?
>>
File: dia_satorad.png (69KB, 420x248px) Image search: [Google]
dia_satorad.png
69KB, 420x248px
>>382599561
grobyc, gleen, and fargo
>>
>>382599972
I always refuse to use Glenn. It feels like I'm supposed to use him, like I never use Kid either. One of my few complaints with the game is it uses a 3 member party set up. With so many members it really should have gone to maybe 5.
>>
I fucking love Chrono Cross, but jesus they had way too many redundant characters.
>>
Zoah and Irenes.
>>
>>382599561

Who are the knight guy with his underwear showing, the girl next to him, and the guy in red and green behind them?
>>
>>382600362

Also the goatcat man front and center.
>>
>>382600452
Zoah, Riddel, Greco and Lynx
>>
>>382600337
MAH NIGGA
>>
>>382600362
Zoah, one the four devas
Riddel, daughter to Viper, the old guy in the bottom right corner, rich qt
Greco, you can get him super early. He's some kind of lucha-priest.

>>382600452
Lynx, the main villain and best guy
>>
>>382600174
I don't think gleen is overpowered until later on. I used to save kid all the time, so when I decided to try something new, he showed up and it was nice to have a knight
>>
One of my favorite games of all time
>>
File: 1439852740807.png (69KB, 180x236px) Image search: [Google]
1439852740807.png
69KB, 180x236px
>>382599561
>new game plus lets you replace the MC
>game is really fucking easy by that point anyway
>>
>>382600532
>>382600732

Are all of these party members too? I'm guessing Lynx pulls a Magus?
>>
>>382599561
Despite being obsessed with Chrono Trigger I could never get into the game so I can't comment on characters, but damn if it isn't one of the best OSTs ever. I really like the exotic but not dramatic stuff like Arni Village and Fields of Time, so comfy.
>>
https://youtu.be/24fsjJHKWY8
>>
>>382600917
Pretty sure everyone there is a party member ya. He steals your body and you play in his body for a very large portion of the game. It's really fucking cool

>>382600961
Time's Scar is my favorite vidya song of all time. I love how the tribal drums are mixed into the orchestral stuff.
I've actually never been able to get into Trigger. I played Cross first. It's been on my list for ages.
>>
File: 10207038_p0 resize.jpg (1MB, 1775x1362px) Image search: [Google]
10207038_p0 resize.jpg
1MB, 1775x1362px
>Kid is the main heroine
>barely spend time with her, most of it is even skippable
Bothered the fuck out of me.

>>382600917
No, Lynx is your father who was cursed to turn into a panther demon. At you point he switches bodies with you though so you trchnically play as him. Also Magus actually joins you.
>>
>>382601178
>Lynx is your father

Wait what? I've played it twice and I don't remember that. So Lynx is the physical form of the FATE computer AND your dad? Is it that your dad is some plugin to the computer or the FATE computer used his body as a shell or something?
>>
File: 68e518e7ccdf1a42cda053be3a87efb1.jpg (320KB, 1024x845px) Image search: [Google]
68e518e7ccdf1a42cda053be3a87efb1.jpg
320KB, 1024x845px
>>382600961
Meant to include link https://youtu.be/-Z6iOJTr1VY

>>382601176
You are in for the treat of treats my dude
>>
>>382599561
>Who are your favorite party members?
Fargo, Zoah, Sneff, Orla, Greco, Radius, Guile, Norris, Starky, Pip, Zappa and Steena.
I also dislike Karsch but I think he's a pretty good character.
>Best song?
Dancing the Tokage, Jellyfish Sea, Home Gardov, Zelbess, Chronopolis, People Seized With Life
>>
>>382601176
Yeah Time's Scar is great. My top three is Time's Scar, On the Beach of Dreams, and Life.

Holy fuck is Life beautiful, brings tears to my eyes.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oG7fr4CYer8
>>
>>382601373
I guess I'll play it once I finish Cross. I do feel bad for never playing it. I guess I'll finally be able to compare them instead of just screaming that Cross is better in every Trigger thread with no basissorry
>>
File: chrono cross leena dock.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
chrono cross leena dock.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
This is one of those games I have started and played like 6 times, but never finished. Once the world starts opening up, it's hard to keep track of where I'm supposed to be going, and another game comes along. Then when I get the urge to play it, I have no idea where I'm at, and I start over.

Hard to resist the urge to replay sometimes, pic related. I mean look at that comfy ass shit.
>>
>>382601331
As a kid Surge was nearly killed by a panther. Wazuki, Surge's dad, and Miguel, Leena's dad and his friend, went to sea to find something to treat him as nothing in thier home village was helping and Serge was dying. Through accident, a storm I believe, they end up in Chronopolis. They find the frozen flame while there and it heals Surge, and thus makes him the orbiter. This pisses FATE off so it tries to kill them. Surge and Wazuki escape and Miguel is left behind. I forget exactly how but FATE curses Wazuki so that he can kill Surge, he is the one who drowns him.

Chrono Cross is fucking weird.
>>
File: 1487541377846.jpg (63KB, 817x857px) Image search: [Google]
1487541377846.jpg
63KB, 817x857px
>>382601551
Oh fuck I'm watching the GDQ stream, muted it to listen to this and now Luigi is sperging out while this beautiful ballad plays.
>>
>>382599561
How can someone get into this after finishing CT?I'm not even attempting to shitpost.I just can't get past the combat system;it's so slow as most jRPG.
>>
>>382602036
I knew about all of that except that Lynx is just cursed Wazuki. Is it that he thinks he's FATE or that FATE kind of assimilated him? So Lynx originally comes from another world where he killed baby Surge? I mean Lynx claims to be FATE and even transforms into the big black baby thing.

Also what part does the robot from Trigger play in that? He was the dude FATE deleted right?
>>
File: 4795446_p0.jpg (1MB, 2109x2100px) Image search: [Google]
4795446_p0.jpg
1MB, 2109x2100px
>>382602423
CC is kind of a anti CT in a way. In my experience really only those that never played CT liked. Most CT fans that played it either dislike it or are neutral on it.

Also I agree, combat is pretty bad. Doesn't help that despite having maybe the best videogame soundtrack ever it still has one of the shittiest battle themes.
>>
>>382602931
I really enjoy the visuals and the music but after few battles I stopped playing simply because of the combat.
>>
>>382602603
From my understanding FATE corrupted Wazuki as Surge becoming the orbiter fucked up it's plans as Robo (Promethius) locked it out of using the frozen flame. Basically it needed someone to kill Surge. Lynx is basically Wazuki but under the mind control of FATE. Also yes FATE kills Robo, fuck FATE (who is believed to be the Mother Brain you fight in Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>382602423
I like the combat. It's a major fucking problem that it does the "Oh shit check out our battlefield!" 10 second intro every god damn time.
>>
>>382603469
Okay I guess that makes some sense. So it isn't that Lynx is FATE so much as he's part of FATE and speaks on its behalf? How did Robo come to be in that position? Also what actually is the Frozen Flame then? I'm still fairly early in this playthrough and it's been years since my last one. Never did really fully understand the story though.
>>
>>382602423
the problem is when you want "Chrono Trigger 2"
let that go, and it become's a pretty, fun game with awesome soundtrack.
>>
>>382603717
Lynx is basically a physical agent of FATE, it was only a computer and couldn't just kill Surge itself. Robo came into that position by Belthasar who programmed him as the main computer, he was the one who founded Chronopolis as a means of researching time travel better. The frozen flame is a fragment of lavos, I forget why but it holds a fuck ton of power so everyone wants it.

I use to browse Chrono Compemdium a lot but rarely go there now. Excuse my knowledge but I believe most this is right.
>>
>>382604329
>Frozen flame is a fragment of lavos

Oh that makes sense.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.