[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>born in a country which the only arcade center is full of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: 4551.jpg (89KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
4551.jpg
89KB, 800x600px
>born in a country which the only arcade center is full of junkies and generates
why can't the west imitate japan and make good arcade house?
>>
>>382584713
Because that's a cultural thing
>>
>>382584713
what's a generate
>>
>>382584713
Round 1 in California is pretty much like a Japanese arcade/ Bowling Alley/ Chuck E Cheese's
>>
>>382585070
i meant degenerates
Sorry I'm mad that I'm 31 and never been in a decent arcade house
>>
>>382584713
Japanese are much more active and spend less time at home as opposed to Americans. Consoles that aren't portable tend to do poorly.
>>
>a guy playing SF is broken down and depressed
>a guy playing tekken is calm and collected
What did OP mean by that?
>>
>live a short drive from a barcade
>actual good cabinets
>several booths with Raspberry Pis running emulators for NES/SNES/?Master System/Genesis
>drinks are relatively cheap compared to most bars in the area

If anything, the conduct of the people there is more civil than it ever was during the heyday 90s at most arcades.
>>
>>382585295
that's gotta be bullshit
>>
>>382584713

I work at a golf course and my caddy shack has an arcade
>>
>>382584987
Pretty much this. The jap arcades are monetized by peddlers and enthusiasts, which the west sorely lacks. Open an arcade in the middle of New York City and you'd be sure to get SOME customers, but it'd be expensive as fuck to run.
Expenses in running an arcade in the middle of a city is the primary reason they died out. Coupled with the fact that people have laptops, phones, tablets, and home consoles to play with instead.
It's sad, really.
>>
File: 1495463811651.webm (349KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495463811651.webm
349KB, 480x360px
>>382584713
Look at that man
after working overtime at his job, has to go out and drink and pretend to have fun with people he doesn't like , only to come home tired and overworked. Just wanting to play some videogames so he goes to the local arcade. After a while of playing he looks down in sadness and wonders, if this is the life he wants to live.

He is a broken man, an example of Japanese society, all work, no true reward. Only sweet death
>>
>>382585562
>arcade bar
>alcoholic beverage
That's pretty degenerate, I wouldn't go to that place
Maybe if you invite me I'll think about it
All I want is a comfy cabinet full of Namco, Capcom, Sega and Koei games.
>>
>>382585562
>barcade

can we go there with friends and order orange juice or water?

I love arcades but I don't want to drink alcohol
>>
They are too expensive. Video games in general are more expensive in Japan. 1 dollar for a credit in an arcade wouldn't be accepted by the mainstream here since you play fighting games you could easily run up to 30-50 bucks for a single session. In Japan that kind of thing is normal since they don't have a choice. In
>>
>>382585897

Call it degenerative, but it's pretty much the only place I've seen in the last decade with a working, non-vandalized MvC2 machine. Every other arcade I've seen in that time is basically just mobile games in large boxes and ancient pac man cabs with peeling vinyl and broken coin slots.

>>382586034

Certainly. Most bars are perfectly fine to serve non-alcoholic stuff, and plenty of people I've seen there don't even bother drinking while playing.
>>
>>382585562
>barcade

dumb hipster shit meme.
>>
>>382585897
>bar
>degenerate
Grow up. You're a big boy now.
Besides, that's the only way you can run an arcade in America nowadays. No one cares enough to go to just an arcade. The arcade cabinets are more of a supplement to bars and pubs.

If you really want to play videogames in public, go to a movie theater, most of them have arcades in the lobby.
>>
>>382586391
That's the thing I'm saying the west should import the arcade house model of japan
No degenerates, no alcohol, no live music, no stupid bartenders
Just snacks, cola and arcade machines.
>>
>>382587359
It's not possible because >>382584987
>>
You might shit on geek culture in america, but there are 3 retro game stores near me all with several machines on free play
>>
>>382586034

All legit Barcades in NYC don't mandate that you buy drinks, but like most bars, if it's busy you might need to get past a guard to check ID.
>>
in the arcade house I went they allowed smoking
Ok fine I was smoking while playing like japan
Then a drunk retard asked for cigs, I lost concentration and lost the match (was playing king of fighters)
Then he started to scream with his stupid girlfriend and I couldn't concentrate in the next round

I lost the game and I lost money and 1 cigarette.
>>
File: 1498594303560.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498594303560.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
Arcades and mobile games succeed in Japan for two simple reasons.

1) Average home living spaces are fucking tiny, we're talking maybe half of a single floor in the typical American household for an apartment. Your shit throne is probably going to be a Transformer wannabe as the sink and toilet merge into one.

2) Japanese life means you won't be at home for the majority of the day. Many people spend 2-3 hours on public transport/waiting for said transport going to and from work/school, and they're expected to spend extra hours in after school clubs or putting in overtime at work.

This is why arcades and mobile games succeed in Japan. When you're on the bus/train you play your Fire Emblem and your Pokemon and shit, and when you're waiting at stations you hop down to the arcade. By the time you get home it'll be 9pm and you'll need to go to bed so you get enough rest for your 5am alarm.
>>
>>382585683
It is. Theres a huge problem in Japan with people refusing to leave their homes.
>>
>>382589046
>Refusing to leave
>They're never at home unless they're a NEET
>>
>>382588042
>By the time you get home it'll be 9pm and you'll need to go to bed so you get enough rest for your 5am alarm.
sounds like a horrible way to live
>>
>>382584713
used to be great back in the 80s early 90s here
>>
>>382584713
Americans go to those Barcades. Like Dave and Busters.
>>
>>382584713
>he doesn't have a Round 1 near him
>>
>>382588042
Arcades are dying in Japan right now as well because of mobile games and a lack of interest in fighting games by the normalfag population
>>
>>382585190
No metal slug 3
No UMVC3
>>
>>382592305

Honestly after going to a anime con with a full set of machines and games places like dave and busters doesn't compare. Wish there was a place that carried fighting games, smash various other popular console games and a bunch of imported machines or whatever
>>
>>382584713
>good arcade house
You mean pachinko parlors and fighting games in rows? America had that, but blacks ruined it as they always do.
>>
File: 1410726707165.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1410726707165.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>382591996

Welcome to the wageslave life. I work from 2pm to 11pm and I barely have any will power to game more than 1/2 hours when I get home. At least I have the luxury of waking up late.

Still, with all the horror stories I hear from working in Japan, this bullshit callcenter job start to feel like a godsend.

I would still appreciate an arcade or two where I live.
>>
>>382585252
>degenerates
>>>/pol/
>>
I honestly don't care what any arcade is like, as long as it has Initial D I'll be distracted for the entire time I'm there.
>>
>wanting to pay $100 / hour to play video games
>>
>>382585683
Arcades and PC cafes are huge because they all live in claustrophobic one room apartments where having a console would take up too much space. Why would you spend any more time at home than to sleep, eat, and shower?
>>
>>382584713
because west is shit
>>
File: 1354041652.png (59KB, 199x301px) Image search: [Google]
1354041652.png
59KB, 199x301px
>>382593407
>tfw thanks to unions you have a consistent 8 hour work, 8 hour free time and 8 hour rest cycle
And people want to get rid of it.
>>
File: FHxF1Ph.jpg (175KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
FHxF1Ph.jpg
175KB, 900x675px
>>382593785
Yeah, great fucking reason there, pal.
>>
>>382585190

One is opening up in Michigan soon, I'm hype as fuck.

>>382592305

Pretty accurate. Dave & busters stock has tripled in a few years, they're doing really well at the moment.

>>382593179

Which con? as far as a place with a lot of arcade machines thats japanese-oriented, only one I can think of here in the midwest (aside from round 1 locations in chicago) is gocha gocha gachapon in Columbus.
>>
>>382584713
No one wants to waste shekels into arcades when they can just play it for free at home. Theres a fucking crisis going on with the economy and you complain about people not shoving coins endlessly in a machine to never finish a game. Its not just dumb ,its a thing of the past. We live in the age where games get shit on if they cost too much and offer little hours of entertainment.

TLDR you want the japanese lifestyle in the west and its not happening. Either suck it up or move there because you are a minority.
>>
>>382594241

Animenext, i think they get their arcade machines from a place called tokyo attack
>>
Arcade machines are expensive to maintain
and niggers exist in the west
>>
>>382593801

It's actually not that bad. I do have both shifting and shifting schedules which really fucks up the internal clock but it's still pretty cool when you have 3 day off in a row in the middle of the week.

Yoropoors' working conditions are actually pretty great. Nice vaca time too.
>>
>>382589046

After learning about how the average Japanese man lives I would be a fucking shut in too

Your parents expect nothing but the best of you or you're a fucking disgrace to them
>>
>>382593548
it's supposed to be >>>/d/ you fucking moron
>>
>>382594363

Tokyo Attack has their shit together. Anthony really needs to fix the ITG dedicab though.

If you go to another con where they're there be sure to play sound voltex, fun as hell and the difficulty curve is just right.
>>
>>382593179
>Wish there was a place that carried fighting games, smash various other popular console games and a bunch of imported machines or whatever
Round 1
They were originally only on the west coast but they're starting to open all over the country now
>>
>>382587629
yeah but barcades in NYC fucking suck. Full of normies trying to play ninja-turtles.

Chinatown fair is closing btw.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.