[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with the death of Metal Gear? Does it bothe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: snake.gif (2MB, 160x200px) Image search: [Google]
snake.gif
2MB, 160x200px
How do you deal with the death of Metal Gear?

Does it bother you Kojima was done after 2, and didn't want to make anything after that?

Do you feel disappointed? Do you feel sad?

You feel it too, don't you?

Thread theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40QSd6ZtZfk
>>
File: 1412455736083.jpg (401KB, 647x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1412455736083.jpg
401KB, 647x1000px
I just accept it. Nothing lasts forever. We had a good run. Peace Walker was good.

>captcha is ladders
>>
>>382584640
the only parts of MGS4 that are canon are the ones I like
it was a good enough closure
>>
Sometimes I watch the trailers to MGSV. The journey was way better than the destination and I wish we could go back to the time before it released.
>>
4 was more than enough. Kojima is a hack anyways
>>
File: old-snake-loading.gif (2MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
old-snake-loading.gif
2MB, 245x245px
>>382584640
I don't really care that it's "dead." MGS died with Solid Snake which I was okay with. Everything else has been just fan service. IF Konami announces a MG1 remake or MGS6 and if the gameplay looks good I'll buy in a heart beat. I honestly have gotten over worshiping MGS like it's something special and now just think it's like every other successful game franchise and I'd be okay if they made a new one. Matter a fact I welcome them to do so.
>>
MGS4 wraps everything up perfectly for Les Enfants Terribles+Big Boss and there are a gorillion games filling in the gaps between MGS3 and MGS1. What more do you faggots want?
>>
>>382584640
>Does it bother you Kojima was done after 2, and didn't want to make anything after that?
No.
>Do you feel sad?
Nope.

Series don't need to go on forever, and Metal Gear was milked into an absurdity whose closest parallel might be the Star Wars prequels.
>>
>>382586848
>MG1 remake
This would almost certainly be awful.

I'd welcome more Metal Gear games if they started a separate continuity with a new storyline, though. If they weren't shit.
>>
>>382587291
>This would almost certainly be awful.
Why?
>>
Konami should let platinum make mgr2. I don't need any more main entries to the series, the plot is convoluted and retarded enough. Will be nice to see what kojima can do with a new IP
>>
File: Duck.png (55KB, 422x501px) Image search: [Google]
Duck.png
55KB, 422x501px
Why dont they just remake
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2
Metal Gear solid
All in fox engine? Fix up the story a bit for the first two so it makes sense, then bam thats easy sales, while keeping the fanbase happy.
>>
>>382587427
Because MG1 as a concept and what Metal Gear became are relatively incompatible, assuming a retention of MGSV's mechanics (which is what most people would probably want). And we already know what happens with the story; there isn't much to mine there.

A good remake isn't metaphysically impossible, but I don't see it as likely.
>>
>>382584640
I think it sucks, but I don't feel sad. I'm glad I got to experience all the emotions I did when I was young waiting for the release of 2 3 and 4. I spent so many months wondering what was going to happen in each next installment. It was the vidya equivalent of star wars for me. Even MGS V got me excited and speculating, which alot of games now don't do. Everything comes to end sooner or later, you just enjoy it while you can.
>>
>>382588147
>assuming a retention of MGSV's mechanics (which is what most people would probably want). And we already know what happens with the story; there isn't much to mine there.

So they redesign the game from the ground up. MG1 could work like one big Camp Omega from GZ. I don't see why that wouldn't work. Also since there's pretty much no story to MG1 than that wouldn't be a problem because they you jut have to filling the blanks. Like add more Dialog between characters, add new ones. flesh out young Snake and "Big Bosses" plans. It's not hard to do any of those things.
>>
>>382584640
Regardless what /v/ says, but MGS4 was for me a great ending point. It was a 12 hour long "goodbye" to the fans with a shitload of references, explanations and resolutions from story parts of the previous games.
I like Peace Walker, GZ und Phantom Pain (never played Portable Ops, because I haven't a PSP or Vita), but the story ended completely with MGS4, so Metal Gear actually ended in 2008 and Kojima should had ended his franchise there. Any other game, expect for "Rising", was just a filler of the story before the first Metal Gear.
>>
>>382587076
The only exception is that MGS3 is highly regarded as the best part of the franchise and Peace Walker and 5 got high ratings, while the SW prequels (except for Rogue One) got shit on.
>>
>done after 2
>each progressive game after that is better than the last (aside from phoned-in PW)
The man is a God.
>>
>>382584640
I'm fine with it. I'd be sad if PW and V weren't as bad as they were, but Kojima has lost his touch.
>>
Is the 3DS version of MGS3: Snake Eater worth playing?
>>
The franchise ended right here. Anything else is just fanfiction.
>>
>>382588692
MG1 isn't all that similar GZ, though. Sneaking itself would have to be redesigned from the ground up to accommodate the way the first few Metal Gear games had the player progress through item acquisition and exploration -- assuming of course the remake would keep that. And if it didn't, what the fuck would the point be? Either would imply a remake so radically different from the original that you might as well have a new game entirely that could stretch its legs.
>flesh out young Snake and "Big Bosses" plans
What left is there to know? We already know Big Boss's plans and pretty much everything about Snake's character arc.
>It's not hard to do any of those things
If you say so. I'm not particularly interested, though. More power to you if you are.
>>
A girl just made me watch Escape from New York.

It made me think less of Kojima, it hurts.
>>
>>382584640
>How do you deal with the death of Metal Gear?
I have a fistfight on top of it and then escape on a jeep.
>>
>>382589865
MGS4 itself felt a lot like fanfiction at times.
>>
>>382589982
Don't watch El Topo.
>>
>>382584640
No to either of those questions, becase each one in the series was a fantastic game.
>>
>>382589982
Portuguese dude with issues who hates Dishonored? Is that you?
>>
>>382584640

No problems on my part since mgs3 was the only good mgs game I playes storywise.
>>
MGS4 was the real ending for me.

PW and MGSV were just bad filler
>>
>>382589853
Not really
>>
>>382589982
The studio that owns Escape From New York wanted to sue but Carpenter told them to knock it off since Kojima's such a nice guy
>>
File: 1272874865728.jpg (73KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1272874865728.jpg
73KB, 500x667px
>>382590385
Wrong.
Peace Walker was GOOD filler and Kojer clearly had fun making it.
>>
File: 1495689326841.png (265KB, 649x377px) Image search: [Google]
1495689326841.png
265KB, 649x377px
>>382588005
Do you really think Konami would have the intelligence to use the Fox Engine for anything good?
Remember how Capcom spent so much time creating MT Framework for DMC4 and hasn't fucking used it since, even though it's an amazing engine?

These companies are retarded, my dude. They have no clue what the value of a good engine is.
They'd rather stick to the generic stuff that every dumbass coder off the street already knows how to use rather than teach an amazing but complicated engine to their employees.
>>
File: bb-stare.jpg (14KB, 186x218px) Image search: [Google]
bb-stare.jpg
14KB, 186x218px
>>382589946
>MG1 isn't all that similar GZ, though. Sneaking itself would have to be redesigned from the ground up to accommodate the way the first few Metal Gear games had the player progress through item acquisition and exploration -- assuming of course the remake would keep that. And if it didn't, what the fuck would the point be? Either would imply a remake so radically different from the original that you might as well have a new game entirely that could stretch its legs.

Because MG1 is a shit game is not fun to play? Remaking mediocre games is literally the only real reason to remake games in the first place. Also remaking from the ground up to something new is again the only reason to remake a game. That's my whole point.
>What left is there to know? We already know Big Boss's plans and pretty much everything about Snake's character arc.
We know nothing of why Big Boss had Grey foxed captured when he was working with Venom. Or why he went to great lengths to kill Solid when he could have just shot him in the fucking head. Also who gives a shit. We didn't need to know shit of the events MGS3, PW or MGSV either. We didn't need shit after MGS1 because it wrapped up Solid's arc fine. MGS series isn't art masterpieces and act like new installments are going to harm the older games. What matters is if the gameplay is good and the story is enjoyable.
>>
>>382591229
>What matters is if the gameplay is good and the story is enjoyable.
by this logic then mgs should just be spin offs that don't tie into any canon anymore and just snake going on adventures destroying metal gears. But we know that isn't allowed and every metal gear autist would lose his mind when they don't get what they want.
>>
>>382591229
>Because MG1 is a shit game
It's not, but even if it was you could always just not play it. Again, we already know the story. Why put priority into a remake instead of something new?
>We know nothing of why Big Boss had Grey foxed captured
To justify sending in Snake, a rookie. The only ambiguity is whether Gray Fox was in on it and let himself get captured or if it was a sincere effort on his part. Either way, Big Boss's reasons for acting as FOXHOUND commander are obvious.
>why he went to great lengths to kill Solid
That wasn't what it was about, though. Sending Snake in was a way of buying time until Metal Gear was ready. He assumed Snake would either die or at least return with misinformation.

I don't care about having more Metal Gear games if they're interesting and fun. Remakes just strike me as being antithetical to that.
>>
>>382592592
>It's not, but even if it was you could always just not play it. Again, we already know the story. Why put priority into a remake instead of something new?
It for sure is. MG1 is hot garbage and aged like milk. MG2 is what MG1 should have been Again it makes no difference and it gives people the character they like Snake, Grey Fox and Big boss.
>>why he went to great lengths to kill Solid
That wasn't what it was about, though. Sending Snake in was a way of buying time until Metal Gear was ready.
Why send Solid in the first place?
>>
>>382591229
>We know nothing of why Big Boss had Grey foxed captured when he was working with Venom.
You do realize Venom is Grey Fox?
>>
>>382593221
And Chico is Quiet. ;^)
>>
It makes me happy that hackjima let you all down like you deserved right from the start.
>>
>>382590550
Almost everyone seems to like Kojima. Even Kiefer Sutherland became best Buddy with him, that would be explain why he has such a loyal team that even stayed with him after Konami fired him.
>>
>>382593480
Kojima being hack wasn't the problem it was that his fanbase is autistic and pretend that his games were something more than what they really were.
>>
>>382593346
no, chico is the gray fox/cyborg ninja of TPP. His head will have been transplanted on another body, and he is the proto-cyborg ninja.
>>
File: Y8K5ON.gif (4MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Y8K5ON.gif
4MB, 400x225px
>>382593784
Its good to show contempt for your audience
>>
>>382592967
>MG1 is hot garbage
Nope. It has some rough spots and esoteric moments but it's a great game. MG2 being better (and in my opinion one of the best games in the series) doesn't negate that.
>Why send Solid in the first place?
Big Boss ("Big Boss" if you play with MGSV in mind) tells you himself:
>I gave a rookie like you this mission to let you report misinformation.
As commander of FOXHOUND Big Boss couldn't just sit around with Outer Heaven getting attention. Stopping shit like Outer Heaven was the exact reason a super special sneaking unit like FOXHOUND existed. Big Boss uses his role as commander on both sides to his advantage to buy time for Metal Gear's big debut. Snake turns out to be more competent than expected, Big Boss's coup fails, Venom dies, and Outer Heaven gets wrecked.
>>
>>382593983
That makes sense. But who was Quiet tho?
>>
>>382590692
>MT Framework

They've used it for a good amount of their other games though like Resi 5&6, Lost Planet 2, Dragon's Dogma
>>
File: 1487259533582.jpg (161KB, 558x529px) Image search: [Google]
1487259533582.jpg
161KB, 558x529px
I like how retarded some of the people here are, they can't even get basic canon story elements right. And then those same idiots start claiming that the story never made sense.

Big Boss sends in Solid Snake to infiltrate Outer Heaven because the entire country starts being picked up by international radars, so he figures out he can send Snake in, manipulate him in various ways, and generally speaking buy time/create opportunities to see that Outer Heaven as a whole succeeds. He never wanted to kill Solid outright, it was just a means to an end.

>tfw MG1 has a better story than V
>>
>>382594365
I don't know how anyone can think MG1 is fun. I'm beat it when I replayed the MGS series for MGSV and it's boring and really just not enjoyable in anyway. I'm well aware of old games, but I can play MG2 with no problems. MG1 is just too barebones for me.
>>382595282
>Sends a clones of himself
>Surprised when it back fires
So did Big Boss over or underestimated himself?
>>
>>382594427
just some bitch
>>
Why was Big Boss always so hungry?
>>
>>382595590
It's less about sending in a clone of himself and more about letting a more retarded, brainwashed-medic clone of himself run the whole thing in his absence. But then againg, V's story is so fucking stupid and inconsequential that it can basically be treated as non-canon.
>>
>>382595762
t. brainlet
>>
>>382595663
No, this is MGS. She has to be connected to some other character.
>>382595675
Tape worms from eating raw meat.
>>
>>382595762
to be fair, ocelot and kaz were running shit. Venom was a figurehead, V shows that endlessly. No matter what you do, either kaz or ocelot are the ones telling you what to do, and the game even goes as far as turning into a tug of war between them. Not sure how you missed this.
>>
>>382595978
He was still a better soldier than them, though. The thing that really set the Snakes apart from the rest, at least as far as the rest of their world's concerned, isn't necessarily their charisma or leadership. It's the fact that time and time again, each of them managed to pull off a mission that everyone else deemed impossible.
>>
>>382595590
>I don't know how anyone can think MG1 is fun
Diff'rent strokes. Enemy vision and AI are limited, but the game often compensates by placing enemies in clusters that require timing to get around. Outer Heaven is mostly pretty fun to explore, save for the roof and things like having to call Jennifer to open a fucking door. Needing perfect rank to finish the game makes Coward Duck a bit of a bitch, too.
>did Big Boss over or underestimated himself?
Big Boss was an arrogant dick.
>>
>>382595978
You don't know for sure what Ocelot and Kaz do during MG1 precisely, you can only assume.

Venom still had a deciding say in many matters, which is also evident from the few story cutscenes that V does actually end up having, as opposed to those which were cut out or dedicated to showing starving-African nigger zombies jumping around on parasite steroids.
>>
>>382595675
>Zero: "Snake, did you find some food?"
>Snake: "YEAH! :D"

I think that's some of the most joy I've ever heard out of a Snake.
>>
What was Big Boss's "emotion"?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.