[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just reached some place called Soul Sanctum how much longer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: HollowKnight.jpg (233KB, 1600x740px) Image search: [Google]
HollowKnight.jpg
233KB, 1600x740px
I just reached some place called Soul Sanctum how much longer do I have left? It doesn't feel like a long game but it feels so climax-y already and I felt like I havent done much. I didnt even find a map for the fungus place yet
>>
>>382579038
Got it yesterday, currently 1/3 dreamer wakened. Soul Sanctum is pretty early into the game. I think I was there 4 or 5 hours ago.
>>
Nowhere near the end
>>
>>382579038
You're about 1/3rd into the game if you just want to rush towards the ending and avoid all the optional shit.
>>
>>382579038
Yeah, SS does have a climactic feel about it, but it's actually a relatively early-game area. This game is about 24-30 hours to beat on first try, and getting the true ending or even 100% will take you longer. This game is massive and you can beat it without even seeing half of the content.
>>
>>382579038
You've got like 1/4th of the game done.
>>
>>382579992
I want to do the optional shit, I also want to make sure there's not a point of no return
>>
>>382579038
Lmao. You're still at the start. It's a long game, try not to linger too much, you might get a bit worn out a the end.

Anyone here excited for the content packs we're going to get? Playing as hornet sounds great
>>
>>382580778
Pretty much doesn't exist. I think at a certain point the ending is a tiny bit different (you lock yourself out of the 'worst' ending or something like that), but I think you don't even really lose any story bits. You can't lock yourself out of content otherwise.
>>
>>382580778
You can do almost everything on a single game file, the game does gate you sometimes to force you down a specific path, but everything can be revisited.

The exception to this are some bits of lore, achievements, and relics, and one of the endings, which can be missed or are mutually exclusive, but non of that counts to completion.
>>
I miss Quirrel.
>>
I just beat the game today, can someone explain why Zote can speak if you can't?
>>
>>382580778
There's a boss that changes one of the maps and some NPCs
also some dialogue you can miss depending on the order you do things at, but nothing too bad
>>
>>382581962
Zote Isn't a vessel like you, even his weapon is only made of wood
>>
>>382582156
So is he just something else altogether but only looks like the hollow knights or is he a special exception like Hornet?
>>
>>382582338
he's just an imposter, from the true ending path, in the abyss, we learn that the vessels are designed to have no voice and feel no emotion, so he basically saw a bunch of really strong vagrants like yourself and thought it would be cool to cosplay
>>
File: 1498918946026.jpg (98KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1498918946026.jpg
98KB, 600x800px
>>382581962

Because he has a mouth and you don't.
Also, you might be able to speak, but just choose not to. I mean, you do have certain things like buying products, asking the nailsmith to upgrade your nail, withdrawing Geo from the bank, recovering your shade for an egg etc. where it would be kind of difficult to communicate these ideas without words. Silent protagonists who are implied to speak out of necessity are pretty common.
>>
>>382579038
>Reached that location too
>Game now keeps crashing
Not fucking amused.
>>
>>382582642
What? That's headcanon, bru. I totally dig the theory but it's not canon by any means.

Also, he was supposed to be the third playable character, no?
>You'll never get to do a Zote run
>literally unkillable, but can't deal damage
>just bouncing on spikes like a braindead retard
>>
File: fuck.png (67KB, 385x128px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
67KB, 385x128px
>Get chased by flukemons and exploding birds nearly 24/7
>Can hardly fight in the water and left defenseless half the time in it
>One of the bosses spawns flukeshitters all over the place
>Hear a voice and expect a new NPC
>It's just some guy who throws pieces of shit at you
Name one place worse than this.
>>
>>382581962
>>382582156

>Zote isn't a vessel

>Precept Eleven: 'Mothers Will Always Betray You'.
>Fathers believe that because they created us we must serve them and never exceed their capabilities. If you wish to forge your own path, you must vanquish your father. Or simply abandon him.
>Precept Eighteen: 'Seek Truth in the Darkness'.
>As soon as I could, I left my birthplace and made my way out into the world. Do not linger in the nest. There is nothing for you there.
>When peering at certain shining surfaces, you may see a copy of your own face. The face will mimic your movements and seems similar to your own, but I don't think it can be trusted.
>Dreams are dangerous things. Strange ideas, not your own, can worm their way into your mind. But if you resist those ideas, sickness will wrack your body! Best not to dream at all, like me.

I dunno
Maybe he is
Zote: the least pure vessel
>>
File: char_dung_defender_dive.gif (63KB, 499x339px) Image search: [Google]
char_dung_defender_dive.gif
63KB, 499x339px
>>382583789
Dung Defender is GOAT, but Royal Waterways does suck shit. I hope his dream fight (which I assume we're getting in the upcoming update) is much harder though.
>>
>>382583873
I like you anon. I learned something today.
>>
File: 138474835227.jpg (44KB, 229x231px) Image search: [Google]
138474835227.jpg
44KB, 229x231px
>>382583789

>Enemy whose lower half "plays dead" after it's killed, and comes to life in a few seconds to trick you
>You obviously learn the trick immediately since it happens every single time
>You're not allowed to attack the lower half until it gets up
>One of the most common enemies in the area
>>
>>382584043

>his dream fight (which I assume we're getting in the upcoming update)

Wouldn't he have to be dead for that?
>>
Just finished a Steel Soul 100% sub-20 hour clear today. I feel no remorse resetting during the Colosseum because it's essentially a roll of the dice to see whether my framerate takes a dive at critical moments and fucks me over, and I'm not about that life. Also Hollow Knight was invisible so I had to fucking guess where it was in order to hit it, which is total bullshit. This game is full of bugs

Now what do I do? SS speedrun or SS low %?
>>
>>382585463
Now you stop playing on easy mode.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hollow-knight-glass-soul/downloads
>>
>>382586682
Is this perma-death or just instant-death?
>>
>>382586896
One hit death. Works with Steel Soul mode though.
>>
>You've picked the wrong route to Deepnest, motherfucker.
>>
>>382587463
>tfw discover the hidden path immediately after defeating the mantis lords
>>
File: 1453158232153.jpg (13KB, 540x296px) Image search: [Google]
1453158232153.jpg
13KB, 540x296px
>>382587918
>>382587463
>'discover' the hidden path through Moss Prophet
>panic mode all the way back up to the top and fuck off from Deepnest forever
>find Mantis Lords
>oh shit these guys probably guard some dope loot
>it's another route to Deepnest

FUCK
>>
>>382588902
They do also guard some dope loot tbf
>>
>>382587463
Mantis lord will never eat your face
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.