[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate their games /v/ And other's taste Mine: >Metal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: PlatinumGames[1].png (7KB, 430x185px) Image search: [Google]
PlatinumGames[1].png
7KB, 430x185px
Rate their games /v/
And other's taste

Mine:

>Metal Gear rising
>Vanquish
>Bayo 2
>Nier Onetomato
>Transformers
>Bayo 1
>Anarchy Reigns
>Korra
>Madworld
>Starfox

Didn't play:

infinite Space
Wonderful 101
TMNT
>>
I technically didn't beat Nier: Automata.

>Beat the game as 2B
>Beat the game as 9S
>KEEP GOING YOU HAVE 3 MORE ENDINGS TO GET

ugh. No thanks. I got bored of playing the same game 5 times in a row, with very slight differences.
>>
>>382573178
The story continues after you play as 9S
>>
>>382573178
>same game 5 times in a row
guess how I know you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>MGR at the top

Entire list discarded
>>
Nier > MGR > T:D > Madworld > Bayo 2 > Bayo
>>
>>382573318
You mean to tell me when I boot up this game and start playing storyline [C] that suddenly I'm not going to be playing in a brown post-apocalypse land surrounded by brown robots that look like childrens wind up toys?

>but it's deep because the robots ponder the meaning of life and love and shit
>>
File: 1446130561584.png (134KB, 300x377px) Image search: [Google]
1446130561584.png
134KB, 300x377px
>>382572219
>Wonderful 101
>Metal Gear Rising
>Bayo 1 + 2
>Nier
>Vanquish
>Anarchy Reigns
>Madworld
>StarFox
>>
>>382572219
>Bayo 2
>MGR
>Wonderful 101
>Bayo 1
>Transformers
>Nier
>Korra
>>
>MGR
>Bayo 1
>Bayo 2

That's pretty much all of the games by them I played

MGR is first because of MGS fan bias and deserves credit for hitting the right note so it still felt like Metal Gear. Even more so than a certain game that came out september '15.
>>
>>382572219
>Transformers
>MGR
>Vanquish
>Bayonetta
>Nier
>>
>played Bayo 2 but not W101
Kill yourself.
>>
>>382577306

What logic does that follow?
>>
File: hassle.jpg (44KB, 402x463px) Image search: [Google]
hassle.jpg
44KB, 402x463px
>all these people ranking Bayo 2 above 1
>>
>>382572219
Bayos are decent only because of mechanics
Everything else is memeshit with no substance except Vanquish and StarFox
>>
File: (You) .jpg (136KB, 646x434px) Image search: [Google]
(You) .jpg
136KB, 646x434px
>>382577961
>>
>>382577859
this one person who hasn't played Bayo 2
>>
>>382577859
I guess I would like Bayo 1 more if I played it again but just thinking about the QTEs and cutscenes kills any will to replay it.
>>
>>382578123

Bayonetta 2 is fun but it's also very different combat wise even if it's not instantly apparent. The combat completely relies on Witch Time to the point where infinite climax mode puts it right in your face that Witch Time is the first and foremost mechanic you HAVE to use all the time. It forces you to do it and it does that even on the easier modes during certain boss fights. Everyone has to play the game the same way.

>>382578195

It has 6 QTEs anon. And they are only a problem during the first playthrough.
>>
File: 1480435336750.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1480435336750.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>382572219
MGR > rest

Platinum doesn't make good games, only reason I even liked MGR in the first place was because it had the Metal Gear name tied to it. Rest of their games are non-cerebral shitfests that only simpletons would enjoy, that includes Nier that only pretends to be a smart video game when it clearly lacks substance.
>>
File: 1477018831128.png (94KB, 1302x1301px) Image search: [Google]
1477018831128.png
94KB, 1302x1301px
>>382578532
>>
File: 1449951529512.png (322KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449951529512.png
322KB, 720x720px
Nier Automata > MGR > Bayo > Vanquish
Vanquish wasn't nearly as fast as I was told it was and boosting was a wasted potential.
>>
MGR
Bayo 1
Anarchy Reigns
MadWorld
"""Star Fox""" 0
>>
>Wonderful 101
>Bayonetta
>Metal Gear Rising
>Bayonetta 2
>Vanquish
>Anarchy Reigns

I haven't played the rest of their titles, but I'd love to play Nier when I have the time and it goes on sale. Metal Gear Rising would be #1 thanks to the fucking amazing presentation, but the combat is pretty shallow compared to its contemporaries.

Vanquish would also have been bumped up a bit higher if there were less hitscan enemies and the maps were more open to better take advantage of the slide. Playing Vanquish on its hardest difficulty was crushing in a way most other Platinum games aren't. I did think it was funny that the final boss supposedly reaches speeds where he's nearly impossible to track until the limiters on the suit are removed, but on the PC port the dexterity given from mouse controls lets you nearly kill him before Sam even thinks to ask for it.

Bayonetta 2 feels like a remake of the first game with the brown filter removed. I enjoyed it a lot on my first playthrough but having to enter Witch Time to do fucking anything makes me never want to revisit it

Anarchy Reigns has a fucking awesome soundtrack and some likable characters but that's all I can even remember about it.
>>
>>382578445
>And they are only a problem during the first playthrough.
Weird, I couldn't skip them when I played again in harder difficulties.
>>
>>382577859
I'm with you. I've played both several times and every single time I play Bayo 2 I'm thinking I could be playing 1 right now. I'll gladly take QTEs over the Bayo 2 Combat. I fucking hate having to WT everything to get anything done and the scythe and whip are so OP there's little point in not using them.
>>
>>382579421
The point is that you know they are coming.
>>
>>382577662
>has access to a Wii-U
>doesn't play what is easily the better of the two Platinum games
You're clearly incapable of making decisions and are a liability to those around you.
>>
>>382579772
So? It still break the flow of the chapters. In Bayo 2 you just pick a chapter and hit stuff.
>>
I really didn't enjoy Vanquish much. The enemy types, environments and combat are all extremely samey. In Bayo or MGR I feel like I have 15 strategies to pick from, in Vanquish I'm either shooting from cover or waiting for the overheat meter to go down.
>>
>>382579983
>just pick a chapter and hit stuff
Guess you're forgetting all the walking talking scenes that are unskippable.
>>
>>382580435
Loading times are unskippable in the vast majority of games, yes.
>>
>>382579976

>has access to a Wii-U
Not really, just an emulator and that only to play Bayonetta 2.
Never heard much of W101 and after googling it, all I know is that I am utterly disgusted by its art and that it seemingly has nothing to do with their usual games.
>>
>>382579983
Seems like you are just looking for something to get mad at, what's the problem with pressing a fucking button when you know which one it is beforehand?
>>
>>382580943
>all I know is that I am utterly disgusted by its art
That's okay, so am I.

>that it seemingly has nothing to do with their usual games.
Just because you're a retard doesn't mean you should take your retarded assumptions seriously. It's Kamiya's game after Bayo, and unlike Bayo 2 the gameplay isn't a step down.
>>
>>382581114

Just doesn't look like something I would like, doesn't really matter either because the Wii U emulator can't run it properly according to the games list and I am sure as fuck never buying a console again.
>>
>>382581445
>Just doesn't look like something I would like
Why are you here if you don't like Bayonetta and the like?
>>
>>382580943
W101 has a stunning amount of flexibility to its combat system. Look up some combo videos on Youtube. It's a hell of a lot closer to Bayonetta or DMC than promotional material would lead you to believe.

It's definitely an ugly game, though.
>>
>>382572219
>Bayo 1
>Vanquish
>Transformers
>MGR
>Bayo 2
>Korra
>Madworld
>Anarchy Reigns
>TMNT

Didn't play the rest.
>>
>>382572219
>Bayonetta
>Vanquish
>MGR
>
>
>
>Madworld
>>
Transformers would be top tier if not for fucking RNG in weapons and character stats that leveled up
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.