[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

So is this worth 15bucks from sale or do i just get hdmi cable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (14KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
14KB, 460x215px
So is this worth 15bucks from sale or do i just get hdmi cable from my bedroom to living room?
>>
>>382570161
I am also wondering this.
>>
Bump halp
>>
File: Screenshot - 2, 2017 12.30 PM.png (180KB, 800x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot - 2, 2017 12.30 PM.png
180KB, 800x1300px
>>382570161

In my honest opinion, it's totally worth it. My set up only has like 5-7 ms of latency while streaming 1080p 60hz and there is zero input delay. I could shrink the latency even more by running at 720p but it's imperceptable to me and I don't play shooters. The thing that surprised me when I got the Steam Link was how weighty it felt, it feels like it's packed full of parts like a premium phone.

15 dollars is a good deal for the unit, but you're gonna need to spend a bit more to make it work flawlessly. At the very least you'll need to get a long ethernet cable or a powerline adapter if a cable isn't feasible. If you want to run a headless set up (monitor is off) you might need to buy a display emulator dongle so your gpu doesn't default to a miniscule resolution when it sense that the monitor is off. You will also get no sound through the steam link if the monitor is off but the dongle I bought fixed that. My GTX 1070 only had one hdmi port and the power button on my monitor is broken so I had to buy a splitter. I played Tekken 7 all night yesterday. You can add emulators to Steam like PPSSPP and they run perfectly. Right now I'm waiting for my keyboard because you will sorely need one to set up games without native controller support and a track pad is nice to be able to navigate the desktop to run programs like Kodi/Exodus

My only complaint is that the unit has no power button so you have to sync a controller via blue tooth and press a button or connect it wired to turn it on. I'm using a switch pro controller since it's rarely used..
>>
>>382570161
its worth it in my opinion i use mine together with
ice to stream emulators to my tv in the living room.
couch coop feels really nice this way.
https://scottrice.github.io/Ice/
>>
Well what it looks like it does is stream your PC to the TV which would add latency. I don't know how much but if you plan on playing multiplayer games you might now want to use it.

For casual playing it sounds fine though. I don't think this thing supports over 60hz streaming as well so if you're someone who plays at 120/144 fps dont bother.
>>
>>382570161
I recently bought one, and it's quite OK, especially since it's rather cheap. Of course I'm a faggot and bought one for like 25 bucks before the sale.

Also, it doesn't just transmit the video signal, but you can hook up a gamepad to it.

There are annoyances, though, i.e. if the game crashes or wasn't properly configured, you might be left with your desktop and you can't move the cursor. So it's not quite the hassle-free experience like a console, but I think it's worth the price. I mostly play No Mans Sky and Life is Strange on the comfy couch, and they work just fine. Wired network is preferred over wifi.

>>382573136
This is neat!
>>
>>382573413

Latency is minuscule with a wired connection. His TV would probably add like 30ms of latency which would put him at a disadvantage, since he'd be playing against PC players with 1ms-6ms monitors.
>>
You can stream games fine without an ethernet wire as long as you use 5ghz wifi
>>
Does it still have audio issues and require a hard reboot every time it crashes?

Nothing worse than sitting down, starting up a game only to find out the audio isn't working and you have to get your ass back up. Then after fiddling with the audio settings for a while until you get it to work, go back to sit down and the damn thing crashing on you requiring you to go back to restart the thing.
>>
Does it work with DS4?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.