[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So just finished Hitman Blood Money. What hitman game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

So just finished Hitman Blood Money.

What hitman game should i play next?
>>
If this is your first one, then you probably fucked up by starting off with the best.

Have you played Contracts yet? Great shit.

Once you're done with that, move on to ™
>>
File: 1498403525555.jpg (159KB, 1280x1242px) Image search: [Google]
1498403525555.jpg
159KB, 1280x1242px
I would say contracts. You might not like it as much as Blood Money but it has the best soundtrack in the series IMO.
>>
>>382559858
This. Contracts has a darker tone to the rest, despite being clunky it's still very good and the story and atmosphere is great.

2016 is a very very good game but the style and atmosphere is very polished and sterile with a globetrotter vibe to it.

If you want gameplay and replayability then do TM next, if you want story and atmosphere then do Contracts. Playing TM before Contracts will make Contracts feel very very old though if you ever do decide to play it.
>>
>those 4 hong kong missions in contracts
>>
>>382560259
Traditions of the Trade was way better in C47
They should have just made new missions instead of remaking old ones
>>
File: 1400529031216.jpg (84KB, 508x504px) Image search: [Google]
1400529031216.jpg
84KB, 508x504px
>>382559994
>dat suppressor
>>
>>382560430

not him but I've played every hitman besides C47.

Is it worth trying now or would it feel too archaic?
>>
>>382561370
Thanks asshole, now I cant look at the picture without immediately focusing in on that.
>>
>>382561905
Oh, it's definitely gonna feel too archaic. No doubt about that. Traditions of the Trade is the only good mission in the game. The only other thing of worth is that it's the origin story for 47. Play at your own risk.
>>
>>382561930
there is a fixed version somewhere out there
>>
>>382561370
Death by a high-pressure water gun.
>>
>>382562118

alright I'll give it a try. I remember there being a vocal minority of anons on /v/ years ago who'd always recommend C47 in every thread and often claiming that it's the best hitman
>>
>>382563096
Out of their god damn minds. Usually, the hipsters go for SA, which has a few good missions, but also a lot of terrible ones.
>>
>>382560064
>>382559858

Contracts is one of the prime examples of a game, that really isn't that noteworthy otherwise, but ascends in quality due to the music. It just doesn't really do anything that we haven't seen in a Hitman game before or since, but the overall atmosphere and dat main menu soundtrack is godly.
>>
>>382559994
How is that suppressor meant to work?
>>
File: wallbang.webm (2MB, 820x514px) Image search: [Google]
wallbang.webm
2MB, 820x514px
>>382563558
>It just doesn't really do anything that we haven't seen in a Hitman game before or since

Contracts made sure that we no longer have those big story arcs that encompass multiple levels and whose quality varies (H2SA: Russia story arc was mostly great with a single mediocre, linear missions, Japan's mission arc is infamous at this point, Malaysia has two good levels and one utterly forgettable, etc. etc.). It gave us back the Sniper Briefcase that was missing in H2, it vastly improved the controls of H2SA (sneaking isn't fucking awful, it actually reasonably lowers your speed). It only has like 10 missions compared to H2SA's 20, but most of H2SA's 20 missions are mediocre.

Contracts is a good fucking game, a solid installment, very playable nowadays, more difficult than Blood Money, steers better than H2SA, it's outstanding by just how many things went right in its design.
>>
>>382564420
It's a ghetto suppressor, kind of like shooting through a pillow.
>>
File: dance bonedaddy.webm (2MB, 820x514px) Image search: [Google]
dance bonedaddy.webm
2MB, 820x514px
>>382564729
And I always found it particularly misguided when it was said that Contracts was "just remakes of the old" when many of the levels are indistinguishible for C47 - and for the good. Nobody likes the Rotterdam missions in C47. And I would argue that Hong Kong missions in Contracts are mostly better, if only because the developers did not have to use them as tutorial missions, so you immediately open up a lot more interesting approaches. The only mission I don't like in Contracts is The Bjarkhov Bomb. Its design reminds me too much of Colombia, Japan and other "Run Forward And Pass Checkpoints: The Mission" setpieces.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.