[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In this tread, try to post a decent criticism of DOOM. These

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1476584102593.gif (2MB, 400x188px) Image search: [Google]
1476584102593.gif
2MB, 400x188px
In this tread, try to post a decent criticism of DOOM.

These are examples of BS and nostalgia crybabies:
>he's too slow
>i hate fucking djent
>impact compensation is BS
>why's there a story ffs
>i don't like minute long cutscenes

If you think any of these are a resoable commentary about this game, you can go play hr2 or some other mod made by a greasy nerd
>>
>>382557980
How about: It's just a reskinned painkiller.
>>
>>382558803
>painkiller
Never played it, but it seems to be quite comfy, that's nice.
>>
I fucking hate the climbing mechanic. Just make me jump higher for fucks sake.
>>
>>382557980
There's no singleplayer dlc
Upgrades feel out of place in a doom/doom 2 style game
Glory kills, while neat and useful, break up the flow of the game. They definitely could've been executed better
Health too plentiful
>>
>>382557980
>Full of cinematic shit, including real fucking cutscenes.
>All guns suck. Unless you use upgrades.
>Armor is literally a 2nd HP bar that depletes first.
>You can barely hold any ammo. Unless you level-up.
>Checkpoints.
>Maps are linear pipes, connecting obligatory combat arenas you get locked into.
>Platforming sections. With insta-death pits.
>Only around half-a dozen enemies on screen at once, not counting "zombies". No Pinkie packs.
>Berserk pack is a timed boost that makes you invincible and unable to use guns.
>Rune challenges are just annoying filler.
>Everything glows.
>A goddamn robo-guy literally handholds you through the game, via radio.
>No mods, and the Snapmap is literally just all about connecting handful of pre-made rooms together, with strict enemy limit.
>Only 4 players max in Snapmaps (yeah they're apparently NOW "fixing" this).
>MP is Halo-tier shit. Period.
>Spider is the last boss, and is not hitscan anymore either.
>No, hitscan enemies are not a cancer. I miss my easy to gib shotgun zombies.
>Bosses have HP bars and almost Zelda-style attack patterns.
>Ending was literally a slap to face + "lol, look forward to teh sequel, goy!"
>>
Level design wasn't very good. It was small arenas with waves of enemies which is quite boring since it was very obvious where they were. Movement abilities didn't mesh well with the level design or gameplay. Needed to give you the double jump and what not at the beginning of the game In order to develop the levels around using the abilities.
>>
>>382559731
>Health too plentiful
This is true.

>upgrades fell out of place
Kinda...
The orbs are 100% useless tho
>>
>>382558803
>Reskin of one of the best FPS games ever.
I don't understand how this is a criticism. Also Painkiller had way better multiplayer.
>>
File: doom_alt_boxart.0.0.jpg (185KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
doom_alt_boxart.0.0.jpg
185KB, 1200x800px
The game is limited by consoles.
You go from room to room with a limited number of enemies instead of having a huge pit or complex teeming with enemies. Essentially, you never feel like the cover art, you never really encounter hordes of demons.
>>
>>382557980
The Doom games were all about constantly moving otherwise you die, so having a mechanic that freezes you into a canned animation and rewards you with health goes against that.
>>
>>382559845
>Goy
Opinion disregarded
>>
>>382560072
Wouldn't really work with the whole glory kill mechanic. Like 95% of my problems with this game just come down to the glory kill mechanic I swear.
>>
>>382557980
The story is really poorly written and despite reviews saying it's "ignorable" they still throw it in your face frequently with unskippable cutscenes.
>>
>>382560441
>why's there a story ffs
>i don't like minute long cutscenes

As i said, fuck off.
>>
File: cuck.gif (13KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
cuck.gif
13KB, 100x100px
>>382557980

Too much vertical, doom was about the horizontal and being chased through massive rooms and labrynths all the while being chased from the end of the map to the exit if you so wished.

Enemies could stand on their own merit and were not these massively scripted encounters and fights.

The demon mech boss should have been a common enemy in the game. Every fight turns into a locked up tiny arena where you jump up and down like in quake.

The aesthetic was literally ripped off brutal doom.
>>
File: 8b1[3].png (666KB, 1126x845px)
8b1[3].png
666KB, 1126x845px
A few of my criticisms:

>Upgraded plasma burst makes anything lower than a hell knight functionally ignorable.
>A lot of 3d platforming for some reason, some of it not always immediately obvious, other parts too obvious (such as them using light bars to indicate where to go)
>The only boss with a mild bit of difficulty was the Royal Hell Guard things, final boss was a one-shot deal.
>Ending felt ham-fisted and rushed. Left me feeling as though the game wasn't actually complete.

Beyond that though, felt the game was good fun and a solid FPS. Personally would give it 8/10.
>>
>>382561263
Doom was horizontal because of hardware limitations back then, now we have 3d and free look yes the levels will be put on more then one plane, or else people will bitch about wasted space.
>>
File: 1498688124722m.jpg (49KB, 980x1024px)
1498688124722m.jpg
49KB, 980x1024px
>almost 80 gigs
>That one platforming section where you follow that lady
>>
>>382561450
yet the game barely uses it at all to its advantage, and just funnels you through literal tunnels and locks you down into tiny fighting rooms every few steps, just because nu-age playtesters apparently just ran past all enemies to the end in alpha tests.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.