[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do journalists act as though Dark Souls is the only difficult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53KB, 256x330px
Why do journalists act as though Dark Souls is the only difficult video game in existence, meaning they compare any difficult game that came after it with it?
>>
it's literally and unironically the hardest game of all time
>>
>>382551095
That's what happens when something becomes a meme, lad. Especially when there's marketing involved.
>>
>>382551095
All those articles are clickb8s, vidya "journalism" sites are nothing but advertisement sites and since dark souls is hot shit they try to include "dark souls" in these articles titles to try to brig more clicks when dark souls lose it's popularity they will stop dark souls of x meme.
>>
>>382551095
It's Bamco's advertising gimmick. DeS is actually the hardest.
>>
>>382551095
They actually think that it is the hardest game ever because they are shitting eating casuals who have never played a game made before 2010.
>>
>>382551095
They're fuking casual shitters, what would you expect?
>>
Compared to modern mainstream video games it is significantly more difficult than the average game.
>>
It's more punishing than difficult.
>>
>>382555171
A reasonable response, kudos to you anon
>>
>>382553469
this
>>
>>382551095
(((Journalists)))
>>
Gee wiz I can't wait for people to come into this thread and remind us all that Dark Souls isn't actually difficult and they're master gamers
>>
File: Bloodborne2.jpg (285KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne2.jpg
285KB, 1920x1080px
>>382551095
Because Dark Souls was more popular than Demon's Souls (because it's multi-plat, otherwise the souls-games were some of the first games in ARPGS that also included PvP in a very long time. In 2009 Demon's Souls was reolutionary compared to what shit like Halo and Gears of War were offering to the masses.

The Souls games are in 3D, 2D games cannot be compared usefully because 2D gamesare easier to make challenging due to their already limited natures. Souls games were so influential they even spawned games like Nioh and The Surge. People love to shit on the Souls games for being too "easy" the thing is since thiese games have modular difficulty that means you can make the game as easy or as challenging as you please once you've gotten the hang of it enough.
>>
Its a combination of Bamco's marketing tactics (the whole prepare to die shit), the fact that Journalists are shit at video games, and the fact that Dark Souls is well known and is, in fact, rather difficult.
>>
>>382551095
It's much harder than the average mainstream big-hitter.
It used to be a lot harder before the patches, btw.
>>
No one is going to read articles titled, "Dark Souls is arguably kinda hard when compared to other contemporary games." The fact this thread exists shows how effective click bait titles are.
>>
Alot of this was propagated by /v/ in the first place
>>
>>382551095
>Why do journalists act as though Dark Souls is the only difficult video game in existence
Two main reasons,
1: Its popular
2: Journalists suck at video games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE
>>
File: S T A B I L I T Y.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
S T A B I L I T Y.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>382551095
Marketing and the fact that gaming journalists are the only people who are worse at games than /v/. IMO DS1 is the easiest Souls game to break, and they're all pretty damn easy to break.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.