[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some games that make you feel like a badass overcoming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: dh-main1.jpg (114KB, 370x552px) Image search: [Google]
dh-main1.jpg
114KB, 370x552px
What are some games that make you feel like a badass overcoming impossible odds?

Being unrealistic is fine, but the stakes should feel high and believable.
>>
>>382550967
i can say only mgs games and ace combat 5
>>
>>382550967
Bad Company 1 was great for that. That was when Battlefield chose personality over angst and, briefly, achieved something really special in the FPS genre.
>>
Resident Evil 4 channels this feeling extremely well I think.
>>
jagged alliance 2
>>
Dark Souls
>>
Doom
>>
File: Urab_Chaos_Bestgameever.jpg (40KB, 300x426px) Image search: [Google]
Urab_Chaos_Bestgameever.jpg
40KB, 300x426px
>>382550967
Just Cause 2 on the more well assembled missions feels like an east-asian remake of Die Hard. I dunno about 3

Prototype and Infamous also have you building up to some insane powergaps with most enemies, to the point where you can just sprint down the street snacking on elite soldiers

And honestly? Monster Hunter is all about that shit. Just not quite in the format I think you want.

Pic related is my underdog suggestion. AMAZING PS2 game. You play a riot cop with an insane amount of goodies and you just thrash psychos and criminals. Exccellent gammeee
>>
>>382552046
Dark Souls is way too depressing and somber in tone to fit the bill imo.

Ninja Gaiden feels like a better fit.
>>
Halo and Crysis make you feel like a badass, but the supersuit is a big part of it.

Just a normal guys taking on tons of people is maybe Max Payne 3?
>>
>>382550967
Max Payne
>>
>>382550967
spec ops the line
>>
>>382550967
god of war series on hardest difficulty
>>
>>382550967

All Souls' games
Morrowind
Baldur's Gate, if you start from 1 and finish everything including ToB (and possibly, Ascension)
>>
>>382550967
Splinter Cell
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.