[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /v/. Could you help me decide what the fuck to play out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Zanarkand3.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Zanarkand3.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Hey /v/.

Could you help me decide what the fuck to play out of my backlog games? I've picked up a bunch of shit and ascribing time to them is difficult when I don't know what first choice to make.

I'm about to enter a period of working roughly 4 hours a day, so I can have a glorious vidya time for the next month if I so choose.

Here's the list.

>80 Days
>The Banner Saga
>Bayonetta
>Brutal Legend
>Cities: Skylines
>Crusader Kings II
>Dark Souls 3 (beat it on ps4, but now I have the PC version with DLC)
>Deadly Premonition
>Darksiders II
>Dishonored 2
>Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen
>Dreamfall Chapters
>Expeditions: Conquistador
>F.E.A.R 3
>Final Fantasy IX
>Final Fantasy X/X2 HD Remaster
>Game of Thrones - A Telltale Series (Have seen the first season of the show)
>HITMAN
>Hollow Knight
>Hyper Light Drifter
>Life Is Strange
>Nier Automata
>Prey
>Ori And The Blind Forest Def Edition
>Outlast
>Shovel Knight
>The Silent Age
>System Shock 2
>This War of Mine
>Torment: Tides of Numenera
>Total War: Warhammer
>Transistor
>Ty The Tasmanian Tiger
>The Wolf Among Us
>Ys: The Oat In Felghana

So as you can see, I have choice anxiety. What the fuck do I launch and continue with until the end?

I will take the most voted games in order.

Thank you for your time /v/, and I hope you guys are loving the games you've picked up in the sale.
>>
Polite bump
>>
Final polite bump
>>
I guess it depends. I'd start with the short, singleplayer focused games. Brutal Legend will either sell you on it in the first hour or totally let you down. FEAR 3 is a pretty bad game but is maybe 6 hours, tops. Transistor is very short, and Shovel Knight has maybe 12 hours of play time if you don't include DLC. Bayo's pretty short if you're not going for 100% or if you're new to action games as a whole. The others are much lengthier or have a heavy focus on MP. I'd say to work on the short ones forst but that's my opinion. The two i'd recommend personally are Brutal legend and Transistor.
>>
>>382552080
That's a logical approach dude, focussing on shorter games will certainly let me whittle down the list quickly. Thanks for your advice!
>>
File: tumblr_lcjr39QPqA1qaf8azo1_500.jpg (75KB, 455x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lcjr39QPqA1qaf8azo1_500.jpg
75KB, 455x540px
>>382550578

Bayonetta is fun but short. Unless you want to perfect everything, then you get lots of hours out of it.
>>
>>382552430
This. A good game is a good starting point.
>>
>>382552430
>>382552509

I'll count that as two votes for Bayonetta. The port does look great honestly.
>>
>>382554119
Bayo is genuinely pretty good. The only issue is that if you've never played games like it before you'll find it either too difficult or simply unappealing. Most of the enjoyment in the genre comes from what you can do, not what the game itself is on the surface. Being amazing at them takes an awful lot of time and effort, though that's more of a DMC thing than a Bayo thing. Bayo's a cool enough character, too, even if the games don't really have plots that are all that interesting.
>>
>>382554616
I just beat the intro. I'm loving the style so far. I'm not used to these types of games but I think I could pick it up quickly. I probably will never be great at it but as long as I can enjoy some basic fighting moves and complete the game with a challenge I'll be happy.
>>
Which FF should I play first?
>>
>>382556749
Bump
>>
>>382558552
Off that list IX.

IV is probably the best starting point in the series though.
>>
File: 1481163010814.jpg (339KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1481163010814.jpg
339KB, 849x1200px
>>382550578
I strongly recommend Shovel Knight. It's short and sweet, and the expansions are fun too so you could play those if you enjoyed the main game.
>>
Can we have a backlog thread, now with the sale ans everything?
>>
>>382559497
I'll bite
http://www.strawpoll.me/13339160

>>382550578
System Shock 2 is great, and has a reasonable length
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.