[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jesus Christ, and people think Darkest Dungeon is a RNG nightmare.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: dmn.jpg (43KB, 620x355px) Image search: [Google]
dmn.jpg
43KB, 620x355px
Jesus Christ, and people think Darkest Dungeon is a RNG nightmare.

This game has absolutely no qualms pitching your dumb-as-fuck AI pawns against opponents 30 levels above them, with better equipment and training to boot. And if any of them have either the Cursed Weapon or Curse of Mycenae, you might as well throw the match on the spot.

But because you're on a time limit and the gladiator matches, even including pit fights, are your only source of income (not to mention your best source of training,) you have no choice but to roll the dice, again and again and again, accepting as many matches as you can to train up as many gladiators as you can before the final match. If you don't have at least 6 to 8 juggernauts in your ludus before that time comes, you're screwed- but if you lose a single match while you're training up your squad, you run a very real risk of watching an irrecoverable investment of hundreds of coins go spiraling off into the abyss with one decapitation. It's like a game of roulette you need to win 30 times in a row.

Anyone have any pointers for this game? Because I'm stumped. I know you can basically ignore Attack training right-out, weapons upgrades will do that job well enough, but pretty much all other skills seem too necessary to ignore, and I have no idea how I'm supposed to be using my funds or who I'm supposed to hire anymore.
>>
>the madman actually bought the game
>he L I T E R A L L Y installed it
>HE UNIRONICALLY PLAYED IT
>>
>>382547414
I watched someone play this, came to the last map and I just laughed at how bad the game was, every enemy had +70 in stats while his best one had 25. What a garbage game.
>>
>indieshit
lmaoing my ass off @ u fampai
>>
File: 8.jpg (18KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
18KB, 366x380px
>>382547414

>buying le retro pixelshit cancer
>>
casuals
>>
>>382547414
Got a good 9 hours out of it.

Game is fucking easy.

How bad are you?
>>
>>382547414
Hire architect, medic, blacksmith, build all training equipment, fire architect and replace him with educator. Immediately sell any slaves you win from battles, only train slaves you buy from magistrate. Max weapon and meditate on them as their agility and strength are already through the fucking roof. Keep one juggernaut to blow through any fight you're not certain you'll win. Throw training slaves into pit fights because the amount of experience you get from winning fights completely decimates any point of training them at home.

There you go, 100% win rate every single time
>>
>>382550701

this
what the fuck?
>>
>>382550701

I did mention I was stumped.

>>382549776

Hey, man, my gaming PC is a motherfucking laptop. What sort of options do you think that gives me for game choices? Anything with a 3D model in it is unplayable, this fucker can't even run the original Portal without chugging.

Pixelshit's basically all I got, that and 2d animation.
>>
>>382549776
minimalstic graphics open up a lot of possibilities for ambitious games if you're a small dev.
>>
>>382549776

he must be a hipster. And maybe canadian.
>>
>>382551283
The first three fights are the rough ones.

After that it's pretty much smooth sailing.

Get an architect, the tutor and upgrade the equipment of your strongest gladiator. That should see you through it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.