[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>let's walk slowly while the characters talk >good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: TheLastofUsPoster.jpg (84KB, 1281x720px) Image search: [Google]
TheLastofUsPoster.jpg
84KB, 1281x720px
>let's walk slowly while the characters talk
>good idea but he might get dull how about they talk while you move a ladder?
>Genius!
>>
The moments of calm are necessary to relieve the tension you get from sneaking around zombies. The game is kind of scarey for people who don't play horror games.
>>
>Complaining about two scenes that take up maybe 30 seconds in the entire game.

Really grasping at straws there aren't you OP.
>>
>>382536152
>every Naughty Dog games since Uncharted
I can't stand this anymore.
>>
>>382536556
I wish. I played this game for all of about an hour and it was literally just that tedious shit bar two little arena things. I haven't gone back to it since.
>>
File: 1492463010787.jpg (2MB, 2464x3060px) Image search: [Google]
1492463010787.jpg
2MB, 2464x3060px
>>382537489
Wow 1 whole hour!
>>
>>382536556
That's literally all the game has to offer as "exploration" when it's not walking straight forward.
>>
File: 1495272906979.jpg (19KB, 403x395px) Image search: [Google]
1495272906979.jpg
19KB, 403x395px
>>382537625
OMG you're literally right!!
>>
Can we agree that the game is overrated but not complete shit either? If I didn't run into very shitty bugs (enemies shooting through walls/cover, awful AI in certain parts) I would give it a 7.5.
>>
>>382537564
Well yeah, I'm not going to sit through something which is straight up boring am I you absolute spacker.
>>
>>382537885
I'm glad you agree.
>>
>>382537625

Nice b8 m8
>>
>>382537489
so in other words, you didn't even play long enough to get to ellie.
>>
>>382538062

>Only does tutorial
>Complains game is boring

Sure is nu/v/ in here.
>>
>>382538024
More like a 4/10. Everything is bad except for the visuals.
Narration is a dumb movie wannabe (story's lame btw, and that TV-tier acting doesn't help), gameplay is casual, there isn't any replay value.

I can understand the hype for Uncharted at the time, it had a fresh approach for an action game.
But TLOU mechanics were already old as fuck, and the game trying to be so serious it went pretentious.
>>
3/10 bait
>>
>>382536556
33% of this game is literally pushing analog stick forward while listening to boring chitchat. At least in games with cutscenes you can skip them or do something else during cutscenes, while in these "movie games" you have to push the fucking analog stick forward way too often. Who came up with this shitty gimmick?
>>
Uhhhh it's the greatest game ever made just look on Neogaf you should stop talking bad about it before the mods ban you.
>>
>>382538024

I played it back when I had a PS3, currently Pcbro.

>story was just full of cliche's that made the plot feel too predictable, but acting was solid enough to make it interesting to watch unfold
>the infected were just a wasted opportunity to make them unique, as the virus irl is more passive and personal with the host and makes it die alone
>gameplay was fucking downgraded as fuck from E3, fucking unexcusable see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF0EaH73ee4 that explains it better than I can
>looked nice but that motion fucking blur
>if you knew what you were doing, the highest difficulty was cakewalk

Overall it wasn't bad, but it played too safe, a solid 7 still.
>>
>>382538381
This is why I never buy any Sony exclusive game. After playing Uncharted and Assassin's Creed games I want to strangle the guy who came up with this design choice.
>>
>>382538476
(you)
>>
>>382538381

>33%

That's a gross overexaggeration and you know it. After the tutorial level there's only like three seperate times you have to trigger cut scenes while moving forward and it's mostly used when introducing new locations or characters. Other times, you can look around and do stuff while they talk. You don't have to only move forward
>>
File: 1491434693209.jpg (21KB, 440x498px) Image search: [Google]
1491434693209.jpg
21KB, 440x498px
>>382538226

Mate, the first minutes of a game should grab your attention to justify playing it while at the same time naturally teaching what's the gameplay.

A tutorial can be fun and engaging while it teaches you how to play AND it introduces the story, see something like Hitman's ICA Training facility.
>>
>>382539323
Yeah, if you're a fucking child who needs bright flashing lights to hold your attention.
>>
>>382538535
>if you knew what you were doing, the highest difficulty was cakewalk
Is there a game that isn't true about?
>>
>>382539323
MGS4 literally has more cutscenes than gameplay. The ratio is way worse than TLoU. If you're going to say MGS4 is shit, then you're a retard and probably a stupid casual aswell. There is definitely worse complaints than complaining about having a few cutscenes.
>>
>>382538226
>Objective: Walk 50m
>"Hey Nathan. Quite a weather, right?"
>5 min of weather discussions
>"How are your kids, Nate?"
>5 min of family discussions
>5 more steps
>4
>3
>2
>"Oh shit, I forgot my bag"
>Objective: Walk back to get your bag
>Walk back for another 10 min
>Title appears: "Last of Uncharted: Nate's Legacy"
This shit would literally sell millions and millions and people would be raving how realistic and cinematic this shit is. Gaming desperately needs a resurrection.
>>
>>382539956
in mgs you can skip cutscenes, while in naughty dog's games you have to push analog stick forward for 20 minutes while listening to bullshit exposition.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.