[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The lack of a Switch release honestly makes me really anxious.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

The lack of a Switch release honestly makes me really anxious. It highlights a problem with the Switch: The disconnect between handheld games console games.

Handhelds have for years been the go-to-place for smaller production games, but with the Switch being a hybrid everything changes. Now truly huge AAA games like BotW can be taken on the go, leaving the "handheld niche" in an awkward spot. Are games like this Metroid remake too "handheld" for the Switch according to Nintendo? If that is the case, then what is the point of the Switch in the first place?
>>
Not even nintendo thought the switch would sell well.

No games, no buy, fuck the switch for at least 2 years
>>
Pokemon is on it's way, remember?

The 3ds is only still getting support because it's installbase is fucking huge. Wait until holiday 2018 for the 3ds to stop getting games
>>
This game has been a lot of time in development (more than 2 years) even before the switch was a thing and it was done wih a third party studio.
You may recall complaints even after the official announcements that Nintendo didn't want to handle Switch Dev Kits to most outsiders, even if working with them.

furthermore, according to the interviews, it was Mercury Steam who pitched the game, using their 3DS engine
>>
Low budget can go on a home system too. Making the game in a higher resolution takes no extra work. You actually have to try to make textures complete shit for 1080p nowdays, it would actually take more work to make it shitty enough for 240p.
There's no excuse for this not to be on Switch when Meme Run gets on Wii U.
>>
Do 3DS carts fit in the Switch?

If they do then a 3DS emulator really needs to happen.
>>
>>382535257
You were not intelligent if you bought a Switch. And people will not be smart if they buy a Switch in 2017 and even 2018.

There will be an aceptable catalogue by 2019.
>>
>not buying and pirating games from 3ds
>>
Or that games have been in development before switch Dev kits were passed out.

Calm down faggot.
>>
>>382537562
I swear to God if you fucking fags manage to kill off Metroid again by pirating it I will hunt you until the end of my days.
>>
>>382537357
Nope
>>
>>382537357
attach two switches together and it will work
>>
From what I've seen, the 3ds seems to be putting out good handheld games despite the switches capability for on the go gaming. I think that Nintendo would be smart to still sell two different platforms of mobile gaming; keep people buying new gen handheld devices, and keep people buying new gen consoles. It seems smart business wise no?
>>
>>382537492
>be anon, a highly intelligent consumer with immaculate taste
>scoff at the idea of brainlets buying a new console
>miss out on a whole slew of games while they are still relevant due to my incredibly high IQ
>due to my vast intellect, join in on the multiplayer scene 2 years late
Man anon, teach me how to be smart like you so I can also never enjoy anything
>>
>>382535257
I didn't care enough to read your post but I'll assume you're bitching about samus returns so fuck you, OP. It's gonna be fun. Wish it was coming out sooner
>>
>>382538216
>pay monthly for mp
get jew'd
>>
>>382538318
>buy Switch now
>get online mp for free until 2018
>buy Switch in 2018
>have to pay from day one
lel
>>
>>382538216
Just be patient. Eventually a Switch will be worthwhile. For now, it's not.
>>
>>382538318
It's $20 a year, I have no use for it but that's pretty damn cheap. Doesn't PSN and Live cost nearly that much per month?
>>
File: 1498999345318.jpg (36KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498999345318.jpg
36KB, 800x600px
>>382538402
>wait until 2020
>get switch 2.0
>shit on your face
>>
It's going to be funny when Nintendo announces their next handheld.
>>
>>382538078
No, it's not fucking smart. Because the whole appeal of the Switch was the fact that instead of needing two systems to play Nintendo games, you just needed one.
>>
>>382538598
Yeah but they made the whole "take switch anywhere" bit for console games, not handheld games. My point was that they have different franchises for different systems
>>
>>382535257
Nintendo is being smart and actually supporting one of their consoles that sold well for once, letting it die slowly as opposed to just dropping all support for it. The Wii for example basically had one game in its last 3 years of life and it ruined any chance of goodwill they could have gotten when they released the Wii U.
>>
>>382538485
not the same anon and don't care what you were talking about but fuck you for defending paid online in any capacity
>>
>>382535257
thie game has been in development for years.
>>
>>382538598
They have over 60 million 3DS sold. Gotta cash out on the market while it's still there before moving on with the Switch.

Besides, they can't even provide enough supply right now.

>>382540285
so has botw
>>
File: tumblr_oqn17n8tK91wqrjnro1_1280.jpg (141KB, 1200x672px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqn17n8tK91wqrjnro1_1280.jpg
141KB, 1200x672px
>>382538279
>>
>>382535257
Nobody treats their Switch like a handheld anyway.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.