[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Japanese ad for a video game >designed to sell the game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: arms-tv-spot.png (453KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
arms-tv-spot.png
453KB, 854x480px
>Japanese ad for a video game
>designed to sell the game
>almost entirely in-game footage
>shows what the game is about and how it's different from other games in its genre

>American ad for a video game
>designed to sell the concept of having fun with friends
>only a few seconds of in-game footage on a TV in the background behind some actors
>uses music that isn't in the game at all
>you could replace the game with a case of beer and it would make as much sense

Why is literally "but it's fun with friends!" the main angle for American video game ads?
>>
File: 1454148834337.jpg (6KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
1454148834337.jpg
6KB, 200x195px
>>382534712
>ad for a party game
>ad shows a party playing the game
??? you seem confused
>>
>>382534712
Because they're selling a party in a game
It's a party game
>>
>>382535159
>>382535213
Everyone already knows what a party is. People seeing the ad for the first time might not know what the game is.
The Japanese ad doesn't do this, so it's not strictly necessary.
>>
>>382535393
It sounds like you're weirdly implying that the Japanese do anything correctly
>>
>>382535448
Get out.
This is a website for the discussion of anime and other Japanese pop culture.
>>
>>382535159
It doesn't make me want to buy the game, because I can barely see the game.
>>
>>382535594
It's shocking how often I forget that and I've been here for 10 years
>>
People in the American game industry are ashamed of the product they peddle. That's why they're trying to turn games into movies.
>>
>>382535213
>they're selling a party in a game
Literally false. The game will not make a party with my friends appear out of thin air. I have to supply that myself.
The product being sold is not the subject of the ad.
>>
>>382535594
>discussing a culture means sucking its dick
>>
>>382536060
you're right, the same is true of soda

yet everyone drinking coke on TV is perpetually in summer around a pool surrounded by women in bikinis
>>
>>382536530
Coke has been around for at least 80 years. Everyone is familiar with Coke. It is well past the "what the fuck is this product" stage of advertising.
A video game that's just now being released, expecially one that defies convention of its genre, is practically unknown in comparison.
>>
https://youtu.be/LM-s5C0dnZs

This one is pretty misleading.
>>
>>382534712
Because the West is trying to sell games to people who don't play them.
>>
>>382534712
Just watch a EDF trailer and you see everything that is wrong with western products.
>>
File: 1482441457163.jpg (963KB, 1400x960px) Image search: [Google]
1482441457163.jpg
963KB, 1400x960px
>>382534712
because japanese people don't have time nor friends to party
>>
>>382534712
>you could replace the game with a case of beer and it would make as much sense

Sounds good to me.
>>
>>382539660
People with friends don't play games?
>>
>>382534712
japanese ad
>>
>>382534712
>>designed to sell the concept of having fun with friends
>>only a few seconds of in-game footage on a TV in the background behind some actors
>>uses music that isn't in the game at all
>>you could replace the game with a case of beer and it would make as much sense
Jap ads do this too you fucking dumb ass.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqYNwZJNq_I
Sure is a lot of game footage here op.
>>
>>382545659
Not shown: the over 1 minute of screencaptured gameplay in <2 minute trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-iV8_r3IiI
I know you just posted it cause it's fucking weird, but w/e
>>
>>382534712
Western gaming has devolved to being all about being by yourself and playing online with others. These ads are clearly trying to get people out of that mindset and what better way to do that than to lead by example?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.