[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one: Tekken 7 or SF V? Better gameplay? >I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

Which one: Tekken 7 or SF V?

Better gameplay?

>I'm a total noob. No real experience in fighting games

>I will play with gamepad.
>>
>>382524585
Tekken
>>
How much fighting games have you played? Do you prefer a 2d or 3d fighter? You should get Tekken anyway
>>
Tekken is the better overall product, but SFV is the easiest fighting game for a beginner to get into.
>>
>>382524585
If you're new to fighting games then Tekken's limb-based system will make more sense and feel better.
>>
Tekken is the better game but SFV is probably easier to pick up with no help.

Get Tekken and watch some videos especially about getting off the ground and defending.
>>
>>382524585
SFV is easy but it's also shit, Tekken is much better game but it's also more difficult. I reccomend something like Guilty Gear, Rev 2 just came out and has one of the best tutorials in any fighting game which makes it pretty easy for a new player to jump in.
>>
>>382524585
Tekken, the limb system feels easier to figure out and the space game feels more enjoyable with a 3rd dimension.
>>
File: 2e3ubdv.jpg (26KB, 425x509px) Image search: [Google]
2e3ubdv.jpg
26KB, 425x509px
>>382525082
>one of the best tutorials in any fighting game which makes it pretty easy for a new player to jump in.

Fucking this, I just bought this the other day. It does a very good job of teaching you basic concepts like pressure, gatlings, blocking, high low mixup, etc.
>>
Guilty Gear
>>
>>382525082
Skullgirls also has a good tutorial and it's like 3 dollarydoos right now.
It's kind of a shame that most FGs just expect you to have played before or learn everything yourself without ever telling you what you should be focusing on.
>>
Should I get Street fighter v?
It's only $20
How long does it normally take to get enough in-game money to buy a character
>>
>>382526008
no dawg. y u not read the thread. expect to shell out $$$$$$$$$$ for sfv content
>>
>>382524585
Tekken is great but it's really hard to learn. SFV is shit but it's really easy to learn. Pick your poison.
>>
Street Fighter 5 is easy for beginners. There's large windows for your inputs so you dont have to struggle with combos basic attack inputs, there aren't advanced movement techniques necessary for high level play and you just keep playing and learn the fundamentals to get better the game. Downside is you really do have to stay online and play against other people to get the whole roster if you dont purchase the dlc.

Tekken 7 will require a lot of hours in offline training mode to put it simply, especially if you're new to fighting games. You're gonna want to put a lot more effort into it than Street Fighter 5 so I definitely recommend the other game first if you just want to get into the genre fast, and then come back to try Tekken.
>>
>>382526008
sfv is worthless without all the dlc
>>
File: Savior.jpg (11KB, 298x169px) Image search: [Google]
Savior.jpg
11KB, 298x169px
>Teleports behind you
>>
>>382526291
bullshit
You can quickly get enough capcom funbucks to get 2 DLC characters you like and you're not gotta actually play with more than a couple chars.
>>
>>382524585
There's really no choice here, SFV is an incomplete mess.
>>
>>382526008
for the first ~4 dlc characters you can get them in a few sittings because you get a lot of currency for exploring the modes available like survival, challenge and story with every character. After that it becomes a weekly slog of waiting for the quests like do 10 anti aerials. and vague hints of replaying someone's story.
>>
I haven't played SFV in a 6 months now but the ranked match system sucks ass in that game. You constantly get matched against players who are either way above or below your skill level. In Tekken you can make it so that you match with only similar skill. Also the online play is much, much better on Tekken (PC version that is, I've heard the PS4 version is quite bad). I can play my mate on the east coast (I live in Yurop) with no problems at all. You can't do that on SFV.
>>
File: f57.jpg (8KB, 261x216px) Image search: [Google]
f57.jpg
8KB, 261x216px
>Pretty bad at fighting games
>Don't care much about online multiplayer
>Don't care much about a "story"
I just want to try and git gud while looking at hot grills, which game do I get?
>>
>>382526249
Tekken really doesn't take that long to get playing though. There's nothing wrong with being in the lower reaches of ranked play as a new player.

All you really need to know before you can play the game and have fun is
- that blocking lows, mids, highs and special mids is different
- that you can get up relatively safely by tech rolling or holding back
- some strings off some good buttons
- launcher into literally anything to punish the most egregiously unsafe stuff
- roughly what your characters moves and stances look like

That's like an hour on youtube and trying stuff out against the computer and it's enough that you can play the game in such a way that you can make decisions and know what's going on around you. Everything else can come later.
>>
>>382526864

If you aren't going to play multiplayer what exactly would yo you gitting gud at??
>>
>>382526864
Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!!
Skullgirls
>>
>>382526864
Tekken on PC.
Soul Calibur 5 on PS3
>>
>>382526864
That question depends entirely on what kind of hot girls you just wanna stare at.
>>
>>382526951
Well it's not that I won't play it, I just want to get used to the basics before I go on MP. I'm just not looking for recommendations based on playerbase.
>>
File: 132.jpg (381KB, 796x991px) Image search: [Google]
132.jpg
381KB, 796x991px
>>382527026
>>
>>382526864
Probably DoA or Soul Calibur
>>
>>382526864
Tekken or DoA
>>
>>382524585
Just download SF2 and see how long you can stick with it until you get bored or frustrated. If you make it over 2-3 months of practice and repetition you can switch to any modern fighting game you want and have fun with it.
>>
>>382527416
you can't switch to tekken :^)
>>
File: 1496863950182.gif (4MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1496863950182.gif
4MB, 400x225px
>>382524585
>arguably the best Tekken vs inarguably the worst Street Fighter
>>
File: 1498125380692.png (154KB, 399x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498125380692.png
154KB, 399x400px
SFV being irredeemable shit is just a meme. It's actually a fine game, but not without flaws.

Although both games are fighting games, they are very different and thus not really comparable.

SFV has a much lower execution barrier, but a skilled player will fuck you consistently regardless. It's less about fighting characters and more about what your opponent is doing with them. The back and forth is really fun, though.

Meanwhile, difficulty in T7 lies in learning how to deal with each of the 36 characters. What's punishable, what's not, when it's okay to press a button, which button that is, etc. Plus, execution requirement is usually tight, but not too demanding. The 3D plane also adds an interesting element to the matches.

Both games have few stuff to offer in terms of singleplayer, so be aware of that. If you buy any of those games, you do so for the multiplayer.

Sad thing is, online is dodgy in both T7 and SFV. From personal experience, waiting times in T7 are much longer, but lag is not that common and I can get playable matches with US folks even. SFV has slightly more frequent connection issues, but less waiting between matches.

SFV has crossplay with PSN players, so the playerbase will remain steady. T7 doesn't have that.

All in all, it comes down to personal preference and money you want to spend. You can't go wrong with any of them, I'm enjoying both games immensely.

Maybe flip a coin.
>>
>>382527809
Of course you can because you already learned if you have the will to stick with the training. If you get over that hurdle and still have fun than you can get into any fighting game.
>>
sfv is insanely easier
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.