[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone even excited for this RPG anymore, or that other one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Is anyone even excited for this RPG anymore, or that other one Knuckle Sandwich? So far every discussion of it veers off into a justifiably negative rant about the game's various problems.

IT makes me wonder just what doesn't work about them. Sure we can make some nitpicks here and there, like how the main character looks like some tumblr caricature, but the game's failings are deeper than that, like the horrific combat system.

If you ask me, I think it's gonna fail because it's yet another story-heavy cinematic experience, where they even advertise that you can set the gameplay to play itself, so you can experience the story.
>>
>>382523489
desu I'm just old and I hate everything about the game from the style to the gameplay. It looks like everything I hate about modern video games combined.
>>
>>382523585
Here here. They had so many interesting ideas, but screwed the pooch on every single one. It feels like they didn't even playtest this mess.
>>
Not personally. I watched one of the gameplay trailers and was immediately turned off by how slow the combat is. The constant, rather slow, mini-games for attacks is awful. I get that stuff like Paper Mario did small interactions when you wanted to attack, but they take maybe 1 to 3 seconds max. For a game with likely a lot of battling through random fights, taking that long to attack seems like it would make the game a slog to go through.

Then I heard the battle theme, which is awful. Then I saw the characters which reflect an aesthetic I can't stand. Then I heard some of the voice acting, which is incredibly mediocre. I just don't get the direction they're going for, and I certainly don't find it appealing. I'm always down for new RPGs, especially ones that try to utilize somewhat modern day reality. But this just looks like a mess.

Also, the name is abysmal. I've learned a long time ago that if the game has its genre in the title or directly tells you what theme it's going for, don't play that game. Telling me it's a "Post-Modern RPG" sounds like the most pretentious shit imaginable.
>>
>>382523489
There was never any hype for either. People hated YUCK from the second they saw the art style. The actual gameplay being shit killed it.

There was some modest interest in Knuckle Sandwich, but that died when people saw THAT gameplay.
>>
>>382523931
>get that stuff like Paper Mario did small interactions when you wanted to attack, but they take maybe 1 to 3 seconds max. For a game with likely a lot of battling through random fights, taking that long to attack seems like it would make the game a slog to go through.
HIt the nail on the head hard. It feels like the attacks which require animations should be limited to special attacks that do alot of damage, which is why they require so much time. Making it so that you need to do that every single time you do even a normal attack will just slog the game to an unbelievable degree. Infact, i recall them showing off a battle against a regular enemy which took 5 minutes because he had so much HP, and regular attacks did no damage to him.
>>
are tumblr-ass rpgs a thing now
>>
>>382524058
>YUCK
Pfffhahah. Game should've been out like a year ago to cash in the laughable reception it got and at least make some money, I doubt anyone cares about it at this point.
>>
>>382524543
Making a deadline is problematic. We should be thankful if it comes out late 2020, right next to Half Life 3.
>>
>>382523489
Yep. Still excited. But I think they missed their release window
>>
>>382523489

Everything that isn't the characters looks great visually, but yeah like you said the combat really needs reworking. Turn-based RPG combat and how you make it good is tricky business, but turning everything into Mario Party is not the fucking answer.

I want the game to be good, and perhaps they know the gameplay looked/looks bad so they're actually going back to the drawing board. This is rarely ever the case but it would be a smart decision. You know that Miyamoto quote about delayed games, etc.
>>
Looking at numales fills me unparralled hatred and anger.
>>
File: 1492546686013.png (97KB, 598x691px) Image search: [Google]
1492546686013.png
97KB, 598x691px
>>382525129
then don't play it racist pig
>>
>>382525321
Are these people for real?
>>
File: 1492546007027.jpg (61KB, 633x647px) Image search: [Google]
1492546007027.jpg
61KB, 633x647px
>>382525367
yep
>>
>>382525087
>turning everything into Mario Party is not the fucking answer.
Pffft, like they even got close to making it Mario Party.
>>
>>382525414
Fair enough.
Mario Party plays faster and looks like it plays better.
>>
>>382525460
Not to mention it has less speeches about white privilege and Battleborn tier dialogue about LE FEMINISM IS AWESOME, which is something I'm sure more games need.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.