[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Previous meta thread was deleted. Different OP posing a question:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 576
Thread images: 82

File: rules2.jpg (8KB, 300x92px) Image search: [Google]
rules2.jpg
8KB, 300x92px
Previous meta thread was deleted. Different OP posing a question: what can we do about the blatant shilling on this board? You can say that some people just "like a product," but we've been getting a metric fuck load of posts that read exactly like top-rated, 5 star user reviews on any given large scale retail website--not exactly a common trend here. Moreover, these posters continue to participate and play damage control. It's making this board really, REALLY shitty to actually talk about video games.
>>
Forget the fucking shilling for a second,
WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT THESE SHITHEAD NEW JANITORS THAT DELETE FUCKING EVERYTHING
I'm sick of having fucking videogame threads deleted constantly, fuck off you hotpocket piece of shit.
>>
>>382521680
>muh shill boogeyman
Kill yourself retard
>>382521778
>videogame threads deleted
Name some examples
>>
>>382521680
mostly reporting them and hoping the jannies have good judgement call. shitposting in those threads may help get the point across. genuine threads getting taken down as collateral damage is the "price"(re. consequence) for popularity
>>
People have been making the exact same OPs over and over lately.
Maybe it's just summer.
>>
>>382521924
MMO threads are getting purged for no apparent reason. WoW/GW2/FF14 threads get deleted after a couple hundred posts.
>>
>>382522140
Perhaps >>>/v/rules/6 is actually getting enforced
>>
Janny just deleted the 4AM thread, wtf.
>>
>>382521924
>boogeyman
Do some investigating, my friend. Look how every thread about the NES/SNES mini gets spammed with glowing praise for raspberry pis and literally tells people to go out and buy one right that second. There are also a ton of posts about games that read exactly like a paid app review, one or two lines of complete glowing praise with no conversation to come hence despite replies. There's even some pasta going around.
>>
>>382522269

He deleted the second 4AM thread. The original one is still up.
>>
>>382522304
Get a grip nobody and I mean NOBODY gives a fuck about /v/. Those "shills" you see are just fanboys or falseflaggers who don't have anything else to do with their time.
>>
>>382522425
desu I think you're one of them playing damage control

It's really obvious that it's happening
>>
>>382521680
Some faggot youtuber with no subscribers or viewerbase keeps spamming his shitty ARMS videos. He's done it at least 30 times with various different videos in the past week and no amount of reports does anything to stem their flow. I think in an earlier "talk about the board" thread today some other faggot was crying about not being able to advertise his videos because he only makes $150/month on patreon and wants to gain an audience. There was even a fuckhead defending him.

Another issue is the shitheels who browse reddit taking an image they got from reddit, not even bothering to rename the file, and posting a new thread with some short asinine question or a straight up copy+paste of the text from reddit. I swear they do this shit just to take the piss, and when you call them out on it they either go "people are allowed to browse multiple websites" or "I guess /v/ and reddit are the same :)" as if they're not causing any issue with the board quality.

This shit is routine too, why the hell isn't any lasting consequence done about it? Quentin doesn't shit up the board like he used to but he's since been replaced by that faggot (you know the one, I won't bother naming him) who makes the same low-effort bait threads hoping people will respond. Why the hell isn't any significant action done to curb the ban-evading phoneposters who derive pleasure from bastardizing the board?
>>
>>382522140
their round the clock. even if they're on-topictheyre not it's against the rules

>wah buh veegee is gay
not the mods responibilty to maintain post quality. shit generals separated the board, now you sleep in /vg/, might as well make the best of it

they've gotten rid of/pol/, /e/ and /cgl/. after /vg/, hopflly theyll finally do something about /celeb/
>>
>>382522370
>original
>made later
?
>>
>>382521924
t. shill
>>
File: skl_wdmg_down_p.png (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
skl_wdmg_down_p.png
77KB, 500x500px
>>382521680
Mods need to stop being biased. If you are gonna prune /pol/ shit then prune any other shit. especially the rampant /lgbt/,/a/ and /tv/ threads.
>>
Wasn't 4chan supposed to run out of emone last year?
Did gookmoot lie?
>>
>>382522493

>original thread is made at 4AM
>second thread is made after 4AM
>jani deletes the second one
>you still freak out about it

Fuck off
>>
>>382521680
I wrote a script in Python that filters identical posts from my personal feed. It's made /v/ a lot better for me.

Also, my script reports on duplication data and Nintendo is by far the worst for this shit.

Have a good day.
>>
>>382522473
The Reddit cross-posting is something that no amount of moderation will be able to solve, our userbase just needs to stop being retarded and stoking the fire
>>
>>382522520
that fucking rat?
definately

it cracks me up that he's the one jap without a flatface AND has a big nose
>>
>>382522481
>not the mods responibilty to maintain post quality
It literally is read the rules you stupid fuck.
>>
>>382522520
the malware ads paid enough to salvage the site.
>>
>>382522694
I'd turn off adblock if we got our weeb ads back.
The malware ones are just an eyesore.
>>
>>382522624
>Nntendo is by far the worst
I'm not surprised. I bought a Wii U for BotW because I've always loved Zelda and people are flat out lying about it left and right, on both sides of the fence, although the ones in defense of it are filled with far more vitriol.
>>
A couple of days ago someone deleted my legit Horizon: Zero Dawn thread. Enough is enough.
>>
>>382522604
The later thread is the one that survived, refrain from posting like a retard.
>>
>>382522689
>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.
my b.

mmo threads are still off topic and /v/ users have to improve /vg/ or suck a not
>>
>>382522463
You got me dude I'm a shill too, holy shit you're so good at this. All the daily Todd posting, Botw posting, FONV threads they're all getting paid by companies too, it can't possibly be that people love to shitpost and have fun right? That would be crazy
>>
Is big girl janny still deleting any xiv thread? I'm too tired to combat her
>>
We need to ban all frogposters.
>>
>>382521680
Hard to take this shit seriously when you people have no problem with the /leftypol/ threads, but constantly bitch about /pol/ threads.
>>
>>382522815
This desu senpai.
>>
The other Stu thread is now deleted.
>>
They are making it harder to post this. ENOGH IS ENOUGH.
>>
>>382522908
>it can't possibly be that people love to shitpost
I've been here long enough to know the difference. It might have been overzealous of me to point out anyone individually but you have to be a hardcore denialist or supporter of the practice to think it isn't going on at all.
>>
>>382522985
The everyday until e3 is next. Only malware ads and restrictive conversation will be allowed here
>>
Complaining about shills is aisine
You can never know when it's a shill, when it#s a shitposter falseflagging as a shill to make you dislike the thing, and when it's just a genuine guy talking about video games
You'll look for arbitrary signs that "confirm" the shilling, without ever actually getting negative feedback, so you can't impove your perception whatsoever
And then you go into my thread about a small game I like and spew bullshit abot shills, further shitting up this trashheap of a board
>>
>>382521924
>muh boogeyman boogeyman
>>
File: 1496415783359.gif (2MB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
1496415783359.gif
2MB, 426x426px
>>382523140
Only ecelebs, waifu, and Twitter screencap threads allowed.
>>
>>382522978
thats not true tho.Firstly all political shit gets deleted on the bases of falseflaging

/v/ fucking hates gg. so anything smelling of gg gets shitted on,, but there are plenty of people that shit on leftists. read that one thread about ubisoft banning that guy from reddit. ill admit, im not sure how much of that is baiting on either end.
>>
>>382522985
it's alive and well you liar >>382521658
(also it's not video games, go figure)
>>
>>382523253
Like fucking THIS. The spelling and grammatical errors are one thing, but look at the line spacing. This is not normal, even for damage control from a non-English speaker.
>>
>>382523447
Wait, I thought not spacing was a good thing and spacing was reddit.
WHICH IS IT?
>>
>>382521680
>Muh shills everywhere
/v/ is a bunch of cheapskates and neets mostly, there is no point in shilling here.
>>
>>382523447
Thanks for reaffirming my point
You probably didn't even notice the irony while writing it
>>
>>382523253
Wrong.
Calling someone out on being a shill is 100% positive whether they are a shill or not.
There are people that fucking refuse to think critically about games they lie and just want to circle jerk, which isn't what /v/ is for.

If you understood the board better you'd be able to post about your game without coming off as a shill.
For example:
>make a thread about a concept found in your game
>have a picture from it
>don't mention it by name until asked "what game?"
>>
>>382522985

>off topic thread is deleted
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Idiot
>>
Why are jannies deleting video game threads?
How do we communicate with these janitards?
>>
File: 1466489058819.png (217KB, 500x261px) Image search: [Google]
1466489058819.png
217KB, 500x261px
It's no surprise the /v/ FFXIV threads are being deleted they're obviously borderline generals where anons don't respond to OP's question, cross link discussions in previous threads and anons now start to recognize each other. You brought it upon yourselves.
>>
>>382523554
see >>382523576
jannies are deleting both on/off topic threads
they work in mysterious ways
>>
>>382523576

>what is the [off topic bullshit] of video games?
>off topic discussion ensues
>hurr durr y my thread be deleted?

Fuck off, retard
>>
>>382523480
You'd know if you posted here outside of your job
>>
>>382523576
>>382523632
Maybe they have a quota now.
>>
>some obnoxious indiedev blatantly shill his shitty game
>did not get deleted for couple of hours or longer
Really makes you think.
>>
>>382523545
>If you understood the board better you'd be able to post about your game without coming off as a shill.
"no"
You'll be looking for fucking anything that confirms your suspicions. I've made completely neutral threads about games, but since anon didn't know the game because he's a mainstream shiteater it must be shillan.
Look at that other retard that responded to me. I've been writing like this on 4chan since I came here in 2010, but fucking suddenly it's how shills post because that's the one thing he gets to pick out for some utterly useless positive affirmation
>>
File: .jpg (65KB, 523x592px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
65KB, 523x592px
>>382523673
how is this https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/382515218/#382515218
not video game related?
people were talking about the game
>>
>>382523612
The board split was a terrible idea. People complained about people posting about the same game too much, and look what happens when you take out generals--you get even more threads about the same game, almost the entire catalog if it's FotM around release.
>>
>>382523829
No, generals fucking off was a good thing. They got too intrusive

Now I'm just waiting for /vr/ to accept gen6 so I can finally be rid of this shithole. The recent vidya trends are cancer, both in product as well as communnity
>>
>>382523760

>mobile games
>weeb mobile games

You are literal cancer
>>
>>382523758
It is so fucking easy to make an unassailable thread; I even gave you an airtight example.
You're probably the type of person who offers unwanted recommendations IRL too.
>>
>>382524003
yet you're letting the official shill thread stay up, huh janny? >>382514559

Why are negative threads not allowed? hmmmmm? You're not paid to shill the game are you?
>>
>>382523758
There's been a copypasta across several BotW threads with glowing praise about how it ruins every other game for them that even uses the exact same image attachment. You're reaching pretty bad to claim it doesn't happen at all by just providing anecdotes to prove that you yourself don't do it. You should realize that proving you're not part of it doesn't prove it doesn't happen at all, and trying to act like those two are so closely intertwined just makes you seem like you are a part of it.
>>
>>382524105
Are you memeing? Why would anyone delete Horizon threads?
>>
>>382523829
>new getting repeated threads
thats how it should be. once there's no more discussion to be had, then it can fuck off to /vg/ look at /utg/. it's to the persons disgression on whether or not a an individual thread shold get deleted.

>>382523760
tho cancer, they fucked up in this case. fate's popular, and i have nothing against mobage
>>
>>382523992
>too intrusive
So you delete duplicates. Having two separate boards for people who play certain video games and...people who play the same games, was never a good idea.

>be rid of this shithole
Assholes like you always say things like this as if people will come to your rescue. No one cares. It's a fucking anonymous board. Leave and no one will miss you.
>>
>>382524105
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/T2b29RQwXNstXuYHt6wF2A/type/op/
You can fuck right off dude. I'll be sure to report your spam extra fast.
>>
>>382524185
I am not memeing. I can post that webm in any board but //v. Doesn't let me start a thread with that webm only on /v/. Says upload failed only here.
>>
>>382524310
Hahahahaha
>>
>>382524083

>why are threads where the OP lazily shitposts in order to start a flamewar being deleted?

Gee, I wonder
>>
>>382524235
>there's no more discussion to be had
There obviously is if there's any content to be transferred over to /vg/, which there will be since people, you know, PLAY VIDEO GAMES. This board is not a glorified marketing platform.
>>
This shilling meme has to die, you fucking poltards gtfo out of /v/ and go back to pol
>>
>>382524423
>The shilling meme has to die
I agree, people need to stop
>>
File: .jpg (34KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
34KB, 600x599px
>>382524370
read the thread, janny. there was no flamewar.
you can't just go around deleting on-topic threads for no reason cause you're going to get fired this way
wanna keep your job? do it right then
>>
>>382524423
>>382524456
>pol
>gtfo out
Nice samefag and nice falseflag
>>
>>382524382
after a couple months? nah. its memes and meta discussion at that point. even /vg/ is a good resource for when a game gets released,/v/ just doesn't have loely virgins attaching their identities to a game
>>
>>382524075
You're advocating to make completely ass-backward ways of talking about a fucking video game on the video game board just so a bunch of bored, stupid NEETs don't start spewing their shill bullshit all over the thread
That's retarded and you're retarded for even thinking about suggesting that instead of telling shillposters to fuck right off

>>382524093
Did I say that no shilling ever happens? No, I did not. Did I say that calling out shills is usually fucking worthless? Yes, I did
You are not going to deter actual shills. They are getting paid to do their job, and their job is not arguing about video games, it's spreading awareness about it by plastering the picture orwhatever as far as possible. They will not engage you in a discussion about ethics. They do not notice you, because they're using a fucking script to post their shit and all they do is insert captchas.
Most of the time when you'll be throwing out shill accusations, you're really just accusing some random fucking guy who's talking about video games. You have no proof, you don't even have solid signs, you're going off some arbitrary things you just decided at that moment, and that might change the very next time.
You're deliberately going out of your way to make the board an even shittier place, with no advantage whatsoever for anyone included.
If you suspect a shill, then report that shit, because it's against the rules. The Janitor or mod will check out the other posts by that guy and know for sure if he's a real human bean or a semi-artificial marketing machine. Don't shit up innocent threads just because you're feeling aprticularly self-righteous at that moment, you dumb cunts

Enjoy your thread you faggots
>>
>>382524423
This mother fucker gets it, I make threads about games i like and ima shill? you guys need to get your shit together this wasnt a problem before
>>
File: GR6.png (8KB, 559x140px) Image search: [Google]
GR6.png
8KB, 559x140px
>>382524475
>you can't just go around deleting on-topic threads for no reason

Stop posting low quality threads and they'll stop being deleted
>>
>>382521680
IDs and Flags
>>
>>382524508
Nice try faggot stop the shilling meme
>>
>>382524586
This is the most important rule too bad it is the one least enforced
>>
>>382524546
Lurk more faggot.
>>
>>382524586
Why aren't you consistent with rule 6, janny? You let fuckloads of ecelebs archive everyday. The fuck is wrong with you?
>>
File: IMG_0409.jpg (41KB, 704x309px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0409.jpg
41KB, 704x309px
>>382524508
>>
>>382524546
I stopped at "spreading awareness," because that's exactly what I'm doing here. People are replying to bait from paid advertisers to keep games relevant and since it looks like the site itself can't do anything about it, users need to increase their awareness and recognize when it's going on. That way they can save themselves the headache of trying to have a conversation with a human robot, adding to the amount of jerking that goes on in this board both ways and making it as shitty as everyone complains about.
>>
>>382524586
fuck that "rule" its a policy that they get to enforce arbitrarily
>>
File: 1421876756466.jpg (305KB, 1340x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1421876756466.jpg
305KB, 1340x2160px
>>382521680
>what can we do about the blatant shilling on this board?
We need dubs back
>>
File: Smile.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Smile.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>it's another whine about /pol/ thread
No mention of the reddit and gaf fags shitting up this board.
>>
>>382524673
You're the one bringing it back to /pol/, wtf.
>>
>>382524641

Why don't the cops pull over every speeder?
>>
>>382523760
It violates the "no generals on /v/" rules. There are daily threads about Fates/Grand order or whatever the games are called. When someone told them to fuck off to /vg/, they cried about the /vg/ thread sucking (surprise) and how they didn't want people who played the jap versions of the games to spoil them.
>>
>>382524662
>tfw instead of BASED FUCKING MOOT we now have a chink who can't even speak english
>>
File: 1495429164058.jpg (68KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
1495429164058.jpg
68KB, 567x567px
>>382524589
No fuck flags, we only ID's and ban mobile phone IP's.
>>
>>382521680
Remember the shitfest that was overwatch release
>>
>>382524557
Yeah, no one attacked you personally, dude. I also specifically alluded to posts that read exactly like top-rated reviews on an app store, which are everywhere lately, and not exactly a common way for people to communicate.
>>
>>382524650
>samefagging with phone
>>
File: stpeach.jpg (228KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
stpeach.jpg
228KB, 900x1200px
>what can we do about the blatant shilling on this board?

I don't know lad, but STPeach is very pretty
>>
>>382524726
Fuck ID's. pure anonymous discussion is much better. This isn't /soc/
>>
>>382524726
We also need to ban everyone who uses /pol/ reaction pics
>>
>>382524721
>Why don't the cops pull over every speeder?
because speeding is fun, eceleb shit is not
>It violates the "no generals on /v/" rules.
that wasn't a general thread for that specific game though
people were talking all kinds of mobage and what makes it successful or not
read the thread
>>
>>382522624
Link to script or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>382524815
>>382524723
>>
>>382524651
maybe filling a thread with shill accusations isn't the way to do it? having these meta threads and encouraging quality posts and raising awareness could be more effective. i don't actually know, this is still a novel concept to me
>>
>>382523450
Why are you trying so hard?
>>
The mmo threads arent recurring on /v/.
If you get first thread about a game in a week its NOT BREAKING RULE 6.
Just because a game has a thread on /vg/ doesnt mean its breakin /v/ tules.
>>
>>382524797
Samefagging is cancer and derails threads constantly, it just turns to a shit flinging contest. I understand your position but I see no other way to fix the board than to do those two things. Do you have any suggestions?
>>382524802
They will just make new /pol/ images, that solves nothing.
>>
>>382523992
>Now I'm just waiting for /vr/ to accept gen6
It's not a sliding timescale, my lad. Those are never being accepted.
>>
>>382524963
This may be true but FFXIV isn't a week old, it's several years old and the threads have been continuous since its release.
>>
>>382525095
ITs about do mods actually use a reason like "too many threads every day about wow" or "its mmo, thus its vg"
>>
>>382524913
What the hell is this "shill accusations" boogeyman?
There are thousands of ways of saying whatever you're trying to say that won't come off as pitchy, I promise.
If your thread gets derailed with those accusations, that's on you for making a shit OP.
>>
>>382521680
Why haven't you bought a Switch yet?
>>
>>382525164
English please.
>>
>>382524913
I'm not really trying to witch hunt anybody specifically, I'm just describing what I've seen and holding out some modicum of hope that other people can recognize it and conduct themselves to keep it from becoming more of a problem, too. Surely other people have seen the BotW pasta I've described with the Tumblr-esque dog picture attachment where they describe in detail how it ruined literally every other open world game for them. I don't care if you like the game or not, but that shit is suspicious. You could say it's bait, but it doesn't actually do a whole lot of rabble rousing where it gets posted and it continues to get posted regardless, so it's just weird.
>>
>>382525169
I think word shill should be banned.
Theres no way for some retards spamming it as a response to "I liek gaem". You have zero tools to detect shills, therefore its redundant comment 100% of the time.
>>
>>382524725
Careful with that, you may get banned for it anon.
>>
>>382525209
Could you link to the archive showing how often the pasta is posted?
>>
>>382522624
I wonder if introducing optional ''vaccine'' scripts could do the board some favors

perhaps posts don't even have to be filtered, i.e. taken out of view, but could feature a designate before or after the sentence similar to (you), but instead stating something like (possible marketer) or some shit like that to inform anons that they're dealing with such assholes
>>
hiro needs to sell us the personal information of template thread posters
that will solve the problem
>>
/v/ is not dead
it just deserves to die
>>
>>382525268
Nope, guess you'll just have to lurk moar
>>
>>382525254
>I think word shill should be banned.

Doesn't work. Sometime ago (2012 I think), everyone was screaming viral marketing so mods actually banned "viral." People just switched to bacteria marketing and increased the use of "shill." If you can shill, people will just use a different word.
>>
File: unnamed.png (215KB, 480x276px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
215KB, 480x276px
>>382524725
Moot was pretty based in his earlier days but after a certain point he was meh.
>>
>>382525351
Could you post an excerpt of the pasta so I can do it myself?
>>
>>382525169
>There are thousands of ways of saying whatever you're trying to say that won't come off as pitchy, I promise.
But there isn't
Someone who is convinced of shilling will take any excuse to proclaim shill
It does not have to be logical
It does not have to be rational
It is just shillcalling
You have this ideal of a rational /v/irgin which is ludicrous, have you been here for more than a year?
>>
>>382525398
It's a lot of "I tried playing [other AAA open world game], but I wanted to [something I could do in BotW] and couldn't, so it was ruined for me." It's multiple paragraphs of that. Horizon Zero Dawn is obviously the first thing that comes to mind that they mention, but there are a few others. Witcher 3 I think is even one of them.
>>
>>382525254
You are WAY too attached to whatever product you're defending.

Besides "I liek gaem" is a fucking shit OP.
Pick something you like about the fucking thing, and make a thread about that.
Have a real fucking opinion. It's that simple.
>>
>>382521680
To be honest, so long as 4chan is a place where anyone can come and post any opinions, then you've gotta also allow paid opinions
Yes they're a spamflood.
But if you ban that, then you're one step away from banning opinions on popular things, and that's no good.

>>382521778
>janitors deleting vidya
I haven't seen this, but if it's true, it needs to stop.

>>382521924
Are you saying there AREN'T paid posts here?
For one copypaste and one captcha, you advertise your product to a thousand people, bypassing adblock.
Granted, your product has to be not shit.
Also, if your product is jewed as fuck with pay2skipgrind microtransactions paid cosmetics paid online season pass DLC mappacks, then people will avoid buying it.
Except if they're nintendo fans.
Nintendo fans love their physical DLC mcdonalds toys.
>>
>>382525442
You're speaking from a bias that anyone who could claim "shill" is only doing so from a predisposition of already wanting to flag someone, and that just isn't the case here.
>>
File: 1498275228722.jpg (82KB, 783x590px) Image search: [Google]
1498275228722.jpg
82KB, 783x590px
The lack of communication between the admin/mods and the users is unhealthy.
>>
>>382524965
Janitors can already see IP addresses, so they can just ban people for derailing threads too much. If ID's were implemented people would dig up older posts in a thread that would break the flow of a thread downwards and if you make a stupid reply and want to make a better one you'd have to delete it and make a new one otherwise people will call you samefag and it will lead to confusion
>>
>>382525484
People with nothing to contribute shitpost by saying shill over and over.
Saying shill contributes nothing, because people use it whenever someone likes a game. Its harmful for discussion. ITs just shit of a post.
Ban Shill posters.
>>
File: wrong.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>382525480

>children on /v/
>liking nintendo games
>suspicious
>>
>>382525370
Well we could ban someone trying to call out the shill
>>
>>382525570
No they fucking don't.
If you're going to make retarded baseless claims like this, I'm going to need to know what game you've been shilling.
>>
>>382525650
> I'm going to need to know what game you've been shilling.
Thanks for proving me right.
>>
>>382525636

That would just reinforce the banned anon's view that the person is actually a shill and that mods are conspiring with them
>>
I don't mind if mods ban every "general", but at least be consistent instead of picking favourites. Why delete F/GO threads, but then leave up FEH threads which have been here for months longer? Why delete ace of spades, but let MULTIPLE P5 threads up? Those threads don't even fucking talk about the game anymore; they're just waifu circle jerks.
>>
>>382525691
>>
why would there be anything saving this board?
>>
>>382525727
janny is biased
just fire the fucker and call it a day
>>
>>382525650
Ban this guy seriously, we dont need this shit
>>
>>382522425
there's definitely a ton of false flagging, and sometimes the people crying shill are worse than the adverts themselves, but shilling is a real thing and you're ridiculously naive to think otherwise
in an era where traditional ads are less effective and more expensive than ever it's a given that companies will take advantage of high traffic online communities to try to artificially hype their games at little to no cost, and without any risk of getting found out
>>
>>382525553
You're really just unwilling to accept that shillcalling is not some healthy filtering for the board.
It is an utterly useless practice that is often directed at legitimate people and does nothing to deter the acual shills, because they do not care whatsoever about calling them out
Anon, I have made completely neutral threads about games. I have listed pros and cons. I have asked about opinions. I have been called shill for holding various opinions about equally various games.
Your vision of a rational /v/irgin that only calls out shills when it's clear as the sky is a complete and utter fantasy.
>>
>>382525727
Why should persona threads be banned? Why should it be banned having multiple threads of one game, is this /vg/?
>>
>>382522473
>some other faggot was crying about not being able to advertise his videos because he only makes $150/month
Ha!
Gaaaaaayyyyy.
>>
Anyone who doesn't believe in shills needs to check the archives and look at the brink shills way back in 2011. That was before we had gotten rightfully paranoid about shills and before the shills had become real sneaky.
>>
ban videogames
>>
>>382521680
Woah someone likes a game must be a SHILL!!!!!!!

Kill yourself, nigger.
>>
If people really cared about quality of posts then /v/ should be split into different boards.
microsoft users into one
sonybros into one
nintentoddlers into one
>>
File: nintentoddlers.jpg (913KB, 3335x4200px) Image search: [Google]
nintentoddlers.jpg
913KB, 3335x4200px
>haha it's just a boogeyman guys
>>
>>382525650
>I'm going to need to know what game you've been shilling.
Case in fucking point
>>
>>382525713
Theres no such thing as shills its just a buzzword from pol when hilary was doing her thing and then pol leaked it to v
>>
>>382525829
I thought fireden.net doesn't go back to 2011
>>
>>382525570
>People with nothing to contribute shitpost by saying shill over and over.

>game comes out
>it has obvious flaws
>some people are defending it
Point in case: there were people on this board who've defended TORtanic's cutscenes.

Shills exist.
Big companies shill on /v/ because 4chan in their opinion is some source of popular memes.
Small indie developers shill on /v/ I've seen thread of a person who was giving away Steam keys without even hiding it's his game because they want to be second Notch.
>>
>>382525636
>>382525570
>>382525802
hmm, yes, let's just clear the road for these assholes to post their asinine content everywhere, what a great idea
>>
>>382522624
yeah a lot of copypasta revolves on shitting on Nintendo in some way or another
>>
honestly I'd be more ready to believe that thousands of autists literally enjoy pretending to shill than there being paid shillposters wasting their time here
>>
LET AUSTRALIANS POST THREADS AGAIN

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>382525713
then they have to make some decisions.is the op an actual shill? is the person kcalling shill just a tattletale or is he trying to derail a thread?

if the uers don't like it, then they can just report the thread and move on
>>
>>382525939
I can though? The fuck are you on about
>>
>>382521680
LISTEN TO ME OP. WHAT YOU MUST DO IS BROWSE CATALOG BY CREATION DATE, ALWAYS. DON'T EVEN PARTICIPATE IN THREADS, JUST MONITOR THE CATALOG. WITH A LITTLE PRACTICE, IT BECOMES SECOND NATURE IDENTIFYING SHILL THREADS. YOU WILL SEE THEM POP UP AS THEY OCCUR. YOU WILL BE BETTER ABLE TO RECOGNIZE PATTERNS. LIKE THE LAST FEW HOURS, ALMOST NO BLIZ THREADS, THEN AROUND 15 MINUTES AGO SEVERAL OF THEM ALL AT ONCE.

Now obviously not all patterns indicate shilling, but in my expert opinion (I have been doing this regularly for months), that is the case, in this case.

Also, there is a time to ignore shill threads, and there is a time to expose them. Remember that.
>>
>>382521680
Maybe you can use threads about a game to actually discuss the fucking game without losing your shit over the possibility of shilling, you fucking cunt.
>>
>>382525896
NO ONE CARES if you dont like a game.
Either you derail a thread where people who do like a game want to discuss it or you're in a circlejerk about hating a game like Deus ex MD.
>>
>>382525848
rather than trying to form some definition for discriminating between shilling and fanboyism, copypaste threads should just be banned altogether(all of them, including all those template threads that have nothing to do with promoting any particular games)
>>
>>382525848
You know, it could be one retard who just wants replies
>>
>>382525896
What is even your point
Do you think that "calling them out" will stop legitimate shills from doing their job?
Fucking really?
Legitimate shills are fucking pajeets sitting in an indian shithole entering a hundred captchas an hour for 3 cents a pop. Do you really, unironically think that they will stop doing so because anon totally spotted them doing their thing?
>>
>>382525829
>halo 4
>titanfall
>the xbone launch in general
>virallands
>bioshock infinite
>cisquistion
Anyone who says shills don't exist is either an extreme newfag, or one themselves.
>>
>>382522971
LEAVE BASED KEK ALONE
>>
>>382525802
Every fucking argument against calling out "shills" has been about how it's a useless practice while simultaneously defending themselves from accusations of said practice that weren't even made against them. How about you get fired, Apu?
>>
>>382525813
If threads for a new game are being forced over to /vg/ for being reoccurring, then why isn't P5 forced over there too since its months old now?
>>
>>382521924
>Name some examples
The morrowind thread
>>
File: andromeda.jpg (988KB, 1265x4378px) Image search: [Google]
andromeda.jpg
988KB, 1265x4378px
>newfags don't think /v/ isn't targeted by shills
>>
there are 2 forms of shilling going on right now
-ironic shilling
and
-unironic shilling

just ban both forms of shilling and call it a day
>>
If you're all are worried about shills then fucking filter the threads from threads that anons love their games
>>
File: 1498854695747.jpg (201KB, 960x1442px) Image search: [Google]
1498854695747.jpg
201KB, 960x1442px
Just make the board for only Japanese games already.
>>
>>382525691
>>382525763
>>382525850
If you retard(s) just tell me what game it is and why you like it, I'll give you advice on how to not sound like a shill.

I just want to know what could be causing meltdowns like this >>382525976
>>
>>382522978
>muh /leftypol/ boogeyman
>>
Hurf durf muh shills
If you actually believe that devs, especially small teams or single person devs, pay people to shill games on /v/, you're retarded.
Actual shilling for a game that isn't good would fail because people would pick up the game and find out it's garbage
The threads that take off in which people scream "shill" have way too much discussion and too many IPs to be shilling, so a logical person would conclude that people are talking about a game they like
This is the fucking board we browse now, where the meme of hating video games and being offtopic all the time has made it so that people are suspicious of anyone talking about a game that isn't some massive AAA title

>TL;DR If shilling happens it's useless and saying good things about a game isn't shilling
>>
>>382526030
>while simultaneously defending themselves from accusations of said practice that weren't even made against them
But I have been wrongfully called shill dozens of times, and seen the same happens to people who are clearly just anons talking about video games
That is my very point, you incredibly stupid person
>>
>>382526079
>how to not sound like a shill.
I dont need advice from mentally ill people, thanks.
>>
>>382526078
+1

just do this already, mods, you dumbasses
>>
>>382526078
>>382526128
/jp/ exists for Doujin games.
>>
The only time i was sure about shillposts was the new ruskie game, escape from tarkov or what, that was so obvious
>>
>>382526079
1. It was not a meltdown. It is expert advice. I hoped people would notice it.

2. Why in the name of fuck are you either a.) educating newfags rather than letting them lurk and earn their knowledge like men or b.) teaching shills how to be less obvious?
>>
>>382521680
All they have to do is wordfilter "shill" "shills" and "shilling"
>>
>>382526030
>simultaneously defending themselves from accusations of said practice that weren't even made against them.
i thought he was just giving an anecdote this shills are manipulative
>>
>>382526150
no one cares
make a board of japanese video games or fuck off
>>
>>382521680
Most of the xiv threads are shill threads, which is why they always put the game name in there.
>>
>>382521680
/v/ is extremely bad at detecting shillposters. This is incredible, and a recent trend: my work was harder 4/5 years ago. Now it's piss easy.

Most people who genuinely like a game will say it in a way that /v/ incorrectly identify as shillposting. They will say that they liked that or that, often:
1: In an abrasive, /v/ mentality.
2: In an unsure manner.

Both are often accused of shillposting.

True shills, those who post 5 stars user review, are almost never accused of being a what they are. They are always taken seriously. It's a common trend nowadays.

It's funny, in a way. Keep that up /v/.
>>
>>382526041
You mean one of the several daily flamebaiting shuffling threads? Or an actual Morrowind discussion thread?
>>
>>382522140
>breaking rules
>shilling
>>
>>382526202

what is this 5 star user review I see people talking about??

Haven't been visiting /v/ lately
>>
>>382526194
I wouldn't like if my Touhous would leave the only good board...
>>
>>382526102
Shut up cuck, for Kek's wrath shall smite thee
Shadilay
>>
>>
>>382525986
It could be a magical fairy that waves her wand so that the explanation for any given happening is what makes the most sense to you and you alone

Or it could be what common sense tells you
>>
>>382526260
jp is awful, don't kid yourself
>>
>>382521680
You are mentally ill. It's not normal to be this paranoid. Please get help. People talking about a new video game on a video game board is perfectly logical. The same thing happens on every interest board when something new of the interest comes out. Seriously, if you believe shilling is a serious issue you are either dumb or mentally ill.
>>
File: 1498968931169.jpg (40KB, 417x393px) Image search: [Google]
1498968931169.jpg
40KB, 417x393px
anime girl?
>>
>>382526270
That's not jewish shills, that's people abusing your paranoia to troll you.
>>
>>382526201
Yes. They belong on /vg/.

Here is one simple thing everyone can do all by themselves to make a difference. Spend some time every so often browsing catalog by creation date. Conduct your own shill patrol. Think of it like an exercise to sharpen your shill-dar. It works wonders.
>>
>thread is created about a videogame on /v/
>opportunity thus exists to discuss this videogame
>/v/ defense force decides the better option is to shitpost thread into oblivion
I think the obvious solution is that people who don't want to talk about video games fuck off to somewhere else.
>>
>>382526260
How is /jp/ so good? It's like a glimpse of the past.
>>
>>382526270
This is /v/ not fucking pol you fucking faggot drop shill meme now
>>
>>382526050
>they just seem to do it on their own
>>
>>382526302
>new IP
How do we know you're not a shill changing your IP to appear like you're a new poster in the thread? Do you have any proof that this was your first post?
>>
>>382526164
I just find it ludicrous that these people can't handle the mild rephrasing it would take to never get called a shill.

For instance, I can't remember the last time I've been called one, and I say positive stuff about games all the time.
>>
>>382526270
Kek shall punish them dearly
>>
File: shills.png (657KB, 827x1301px) Image search: [Google]
shills.png
657KB, 827x1301px
>>
>>382526339
Atm the solutuion is that people who want to discuss a game they like go to a sub-reddit about that game.
I guess that works?
>>
>>382526113
>>382526113
>If you actually believe that devs, especially small teams or single person devs, pay people to shill games on /v/, you're retarded.

>shilling companies exist
>they ignore /v/ for some reason
>>
>>382526259
It's ridiculous. Posts that read something like, "[game] was so good that I'm glad I bought [console] just to play it, and even convinced my whole family to play [game] too." And nothing else. That's not even an exaggeration. That is the length of the shilling and all that they have to say.
>>
Remove the ability to use tripcode.
>>
>>382526339
This. Newfags dont know how to filter
>>
>>382526393
>Kek shall punish them dearly
What's wrong with you? Why are you here and not on reddit instead?
>>
>>382526270
When a guy who opposes you post a pic several times he's a jewish shill. When you post holocaust denial infographs for literally hundreds of times you are le hero. Lmao fag
>>
>>382526429
filtering posts doesn't make the problem go away
>>
>>382526270
>muh Jews
Yes, some dude on /his/ who likes to shitpost about Germans and uses the same image to do so is clearly a Jew shill trying to convince us of the 100 septillion and use George Soros chemtrails to chlorinate the water with gay bombs to make us forget about pizzagate voter fraud Benghazi reptilian HAARP SJW degenerates
>>
>>382524726
What if I want to browse 4chan in bed?
>>
>>382526386
I'll make sure to screenshot all further instance of bullshit shillcalling just to show you how utterly full of shit you are
>>
>>382526406
>shills
That's a shitposter.
>>
>>382526460
>>382526357
>>382526325
what a surprise
>>
>>382522257 banish all the fate threads
>>
>>382525727
FEH threads do get deleted. Sometimes they get moved to /vg/ as well.
>>
>>382526536
...that multiple people disagree with you?
>>
>>382526497
Explain
>>
Jewish internet defence force is already here. Not surprising in the slightest.
>>
>>382526339
That's a shortsighted and ultimately fatally cancerous single-solution response to a dynamic problem.

>>382526497
Yeah, when you think about it makes the problem worse for those most vulnerable to it. Makes you wonder what would motivate someone to suggest such an idiotic idea in the first place. Makes you wonder what type of person could be behind such a post as that...
>>
>>382526339
/v/ is 80% reddit shitposting, 20% actual vidya discussion. I fucking hate this place.
>>
>>382526282
>It could be a magical fairy that waves her wand so that the explanation for any given happening is what makes the most sense to you and you alone
I'm gonna find that fairy and shove her down my pants and make her hug my penis.
>>
>>382526586
>say stupid things
>get called out for being stupid
>must be them jews
every time
>>
>>382526520
Do you only talk about new releases or something?
I feel like the concept of shilling doesn't teven fucking apply to a lot of the threads I post in.
>>
>>382526410
I don't think devs do it, but nintendo and Hillary Clinton do it for a fact
>>
>>382526626
No one certainly is going to get into playing games by browsing /v/. You just start to hear how everything sucks and is awful.
If you like games, go away from /v/.
>>
>>382526536
>PEOPLE DISAGREE WITH ME FOR BEING RETARDED THIS MUST BE A CONSPIRACY
Paranoia is a symptom of many mental illnesses man
>>
>>382526586
hello /pol/
>>
>>382526339
With the distribution of quality posters to shitposters it's easier for the quality posters to fuck off, really
>>
File: 1479668265510.jpg (75KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
1479668265510.jpg
75KB, 650x366px
>>382526297
Just take a look at this thread and see how people are screaming shills and jews for comparison
it is definitely one of the less cancerous boards on this website even if it's past its grace
>>
>>382525852
Do you have to be a pancakefag all the time? Can't you take a break?
>>
>>382525968

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>382526635
That was my first post about Jews in this thread. I'm just observing what's going on. You say something about dear ol Juden and the kikes instantly jump at you from the shadows. Control yourself JIDF
>>382526692
found one right here
hello juden
>>
>>382526671
/v/ has introduced me to god tier games, even some whose genres I wouldn't even touch before I came here. This is completely wrong
>>
File: 1491479610649.gif (439KB, 359x371px) Image search: [Google]
1491479610649.gif
439KB, 359x371px
>>382526434
I think you're the one that needs to fuck off to reddit, sjw cuck
>>
I think template threads are the worst thing to happen to /v/ or 4chan as a whole or threads that are obviously off topic
>What are some games where I can play as dragons
>OP image is from that shitty maid dragon show
Really gives me the shit.
>>
>>382526639
New releases, old releases, AAA games, indie games, mid-sized games, niche games fucking mods for years old games
What have I been telling you all thread long
Shillposting is not rational
>>
File: surveyvforfree.png (639KB, 1796x2352px) Image search: [Google]
surveyvforfree.png
639KB, 1796x2352px
>>382526642
Willful blindness. If you can't see through real eyes, you can't realize real lies.
>>
>>382526715
I hate that it's come to this
Reminder that the election ruined 4chan by doubling our population with cancerous newfags who think the site works just like all their ebin Reddit screencaps and everything is offtopic shitposting all the time
>>
>>382526743
http://www.4chan.org/feedback
there is an entire section on IP rangebans to this
>>
File: 85674647.jpg (82KB, 794x708px) Image search: [Google]
85674647.jpg
82KB, 794x708px
>>382526751
yeah ok anon
>>
>>382526775
are you just pretending to be retarded or are you actually sincere about this kek shit?
>>
>>382526784
>he hasn't filtered "what are some games" etc
Lol
>>
>>382526124
Why can't you just say the name of the game?
>>
>>382526631
Then she looks up at you and says, "it's too small" and flies away
>>
>>382526784
That's Ruggarell.
>>
File: .jpg (290KB, 724x720px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
290KB, 724x720px
>>382526819
>yeah ok anon
that's what i thought, kike scum
bow down to the big aryan cock
>>
>>382526743
I guess you can't make ausfag threads then
>>
>>382521680
>>382521924
Former Warner Bros. marketer here. Ask me anything. For starters, YES, it is 100% true that this entire website is crawling with viral marketers. /tv/ and /co/ are the main areas of focus for WB (I have no idea what the extent to which other movie studios viral on 4chan, but WB straight up carpet bombs the aforementioned two boards. All those Wonder Woman threads on /co/? Yeah, that's us. Or WAS us, in my case, since I no longer work there. We started all the Flash TV show threads there and everything. If you see ANY positive comments about a DC Comics movie on /co/ it's a viral. The public HATES the DC movies and WB knows it. Rather than fire the hacks making them they'd rather just viral on the internet and pay off reviewers to say "YOU SEE THAT MOVIE THAT YOU HATE? WELL YOU ACTUALLY LIKE IT!", as if that was going to change anyone's mind. It's basically the WWE school of marketing, i.e. TELL people what they like (which conveniently happens to be whatever you crapped out) instead of GIVE people what they ACTUALLY like.

Like I said, I can answer a few questions, but make it quick. I got shit to do.
>>
>>382526808

I don't see that section

And I got an static IP so I really don't understand
>>
>>382526934
I don't believe you
Fag
>>
>>382526586
>ywn be this paranoid and mentally crippled
>>
>>382526868
Damn, that guy hasn't been banned yet?
>>
File: 1498791205142.jpg (285KB, 1030x772px) Image search: [Google]
1498791205142.jpg
285KB, 1030x772px
>>382526775
>hating on reddit
>>
>>382526789
That's a goddamn lie.
>>382526934
It's 2AM on the West coast you retard, what "shit do you have to do"?
>>
>>382526934
Literally no proof, fuck off
>>
>>382526946
Go on "submit feedback"
select category "IP range ban issue"
>>
File: .jpg (18KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
18KB, 600x315px
>>382526997
who are you quoting?
>>
>>382526796
Please explain why the OPs intentions should affect whether I discuss the x.b.o.x. with fellow anons.
>>
>>382526826
He is our savior against the sjws and degeneracy

Time to save the western world
>>
>say something bad about jews
>immediately "multiple people" come screaming "/pol/" and "paranoid"
really makes you think
>>
>>382526934
Do you know if they're present on /tg/? Games Workshop and Wizards of the Coast products, mainly.
>>
>>382526934
>(((Marvelcuck))) trying this hard
The mouse has no reach here.
>>
>>382527010
Damn, reddit user sounds like a faggot
>>
>>382527009
Bans do literally nothing
Look at barneyfag
That guy gets permaed in every fucking thread he does his shitty gimmick but he's back like clockwork minutes later
>>
File: 1279757840995.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1279757840995.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>382527043
>he thinks they read the feedback
>last answered 2015
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>382526642
Publishers do it.

For example: Squeenix cycle.
>big SE game upcoming release
>people point out obvious flaws
>out of fucking nowhere: lots of threads about this game praising it as a second coming of Jesus
>somehow these threads vanish one week after release
rinse and repeat
Hitman Salvation, Tomb Raider, Thiefourf etc
>>
>>382526934
does the strategy work?
because I know for me I just straight up ignore recently released games until a widespread opinion is reached
Shit like Farcry 5 as a recent example having multiple threads up 24/7 just annoys the shit out of me and in no way makes me want to buy the game
>>
>>382527009
Even if he had, bans are pretty easy to circumvent.
>>
>make thread
>nothing improves
>make it again
>make it again
>make it again
>nothing improves
>nothing changes
>make it again
>>
>>382527043

There's been no additions to that page since 2015 man
>>
>>382526934
My dad works at mario :^^^^^^^^)
>>
Oh look, he's at it again.
>>382523773
>>
File: poorfags.png (128KB, 315x299px) Image search: [Google]
poorfags.png
128KB, 315x299px
>>382526743

>not paying to post on 4chan

poorfag aussie
>>
>>382527162
people will make this thread until the current janitors get banned
this niggers seriously need to fuck off
>>
>>382525569
Fuck I guess your right man, I don't know how to combat this shit, year after year it just gets worse and worse.
>>382526514
No, get off your phone and go to sleep
>>
>>382527107
>>382527183
Do you think they are going to answer specific IP range ban issues?
Just so you know, they only stopped answering them publically since moot left but they still read all of the feedbacks submitted.
>>
File: 1496015533901.jpg (35KB, 499x383px) Image search: [Google]
1496015533901.jpg
35KB, 499x383px
The mods don't give a fuck about shilling. This board had literally 20+ Overwatch threads in the catalogue for at least a month around its release. If they'd given a fuck then they'd have pruned the shit out of them and moved everyone on to /vg/ where those threads belong.

Just accept the mods are either in certain developer's pockets or just don't give a fuck and turn a blind eye to blatant marketing.
>>
>>382526934
Nice falseflag.
>>
>>382524725
>can't speak english
>falling for the "cute dumb japanese admin :3c" pidgin act
>>
File: 1487120062795.png (262KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1487120062795.png
262KB, 700x1000px
>meta thread
>search f /pol/
Every time.
>>
>>382521680
Stop making these worthless fucking threads.
Hiro doesn't give a fuck.
Mods don't give a fuck.
Even jannies don't give a fuck.
None of what you suggest is going to be added or changed to /v/.
>inb4 w-what about all those other worthless threads that get made??
That doesn't warrant re-posting this shitty meta thread over and over again.
>>
File: 8756.gif (494KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
8756.gif
494KB, 500x375px
>>382527223
>can't follow simple rules
>"wahhh muh janitors!!!!"
>>
>>382524662
Dubs were a consistent, easy way to kill shit threads, and moot's forever a retard for getting rid of them.
>>
>>382527245
They're not going to do shit, I've already told them 2 times to fix the greek k glitch on /int/ and they haven't done shit. I first reported this to moot, he didn't care. The site changed fucking admins and still no one gives a fuck. Why bother
>>
>>382527162
I like to complain about shit that bothers me and yell at people who I perceive as being irrational retards
This place has ruined me, I can't help myself
I'm not interested in 90% of the shit games /v/ talks about, I'm only here for the one in a thousand threads that are actually good because they're about a more niche game so no shitposters show up and we all have a good time talking about the game we like
The rest of the time all the threads are either uninteresting to me or just plain offtopic shitposts and I get drawn to these shitty threads despite knowing that they're awful and pointless since they're just shitflinging rather than actual debate or discussion
>>
>>382527294
OP is shilling meta threads
>>
>>382526934
Do you have any proof whatsoever?
>>
>>382527331
>greek k glitch
What's that?
>>
>>382527162
Tell yourself that. With increased awareness of the scummy shit that people are doing, there will be less tolerance for it, until its presence shrinks to the point that it's no longer viable and goes away. Go on and show me all the condescending lol macros you have, my folder could use them.
>>
>post ids
>country flags
>doubles
>autistic janitors punished for deleting vidya threads
That's how you fix /v/.
>>
File: 1494148292806.png (582KB, 880x654px) Image search: [Google]
1494148292806.png
582KB, 880x654px
>>382527162
How else can we at least communicate our problems?

No one pays attention to /qa/.
>>
File: .jpg (49KB, 414x465px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
49KB, 414x465px
>>382527309
who are you quoting?
i know that's you behind that nigger gif, janny. at least post something anime/vidya related cause right now you're outing yourself as the redditor you are
>>
>>382527362
Kappa.
>>
>>382527035
>That's a goddamn lie.
Just entertain for a tiny moment the idea that it is not
Face the reality that I have been called a shill for talking about a mod for a game that came out years ago
How does that make you feel about shillcalling?
>>
>>382527392
IRC
>>
>>382527380
Sounds like /pol/
>>
>>382526934
>larping this hard
>posting a screencap that has since been proven wrong
>I've got shit to do at 2:30 in the morning
Fuck off honestly.
>>
stop deleting threads just because the game discussed in them has a general thread in /vg/

its a rule that is applied unfairly, some games get pruned for this reason, others go untouched. let me have my fucking ff14 threads in peace you piece of shit janitors /xivg/ is a cesspool filled with smaller cesspools
>>
>>382527291
>people mention a problem with the site
Shocking, more at 11
>>
Redpill me on 100% Orange Juice threads.

I see these threads almost every day enough to want to bitch about them being a general on /v/, but everyone in those threads tend to just make lobbies and have fun with themselves so I just ignore it.
Should they be pushed off to /vg/?
>>
File: 1496235538264.png (292KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1496235538264.png
292KB, 576x432px
>>382527010
This is true
>>
>>382527402
>nigger
>>>/pol/
>>
>>382527362
When you type the greek lowercase kappa it changes into the latin k.
>>
>>382527392
>/qa/
haven't been there in years and now it is literally /jp/ 2.0 and no one seems to give a fuck
>>
>>382527009
Bans being worthless is the biggest problem of imageboards
>>
>>382527469
hello JIDF
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>382527419
/pol/ isn't the only one with those features. It'd help a lot with falseflagging.
>>
>>382527473
Yeah it's a much better board now
>>
>>382527410
Does jackshit.
>>
File: 1494608435958.jpg (88KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1494608435958.jpg
88KB, 717x880px
>>382527493
no anon, you are reddit
>>
>>382527325
Just post that donkey kong naming image and shit like that.
Though I have been banned in the past for doing that. YMMV.
>>382527409
What mod?
>>
>>382527380
>flags
NO NO FUCKING NO
I can get behind IDs but fuck's sake we don't need more retarded country shitposting
I don't want certain posts to get spammed to hell because HAH LEAF POO IN LOO HUE HUE HUE
>>
>>382527525
This. All the anime chased off the redditors who cried about /pol/ all the time.
>>
>>382527550
>The Redditor who gets upset when people say nigger on 4chan is calling others Reddit
>>
File: 1496200105715.png (714KB, 850x780px) Image search: [Google]
1496200105715.png
714KB, 850x780px
...anime girl
>>
>>382527469
ugh, THIS! We 4Channers on the V board don't tolerate bigotry and racism here. :/
>>
>>382527568
Found the leaf
>>
File: .jpg (37KB, 633x464px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
37KB, 633x464px
>>382527550
>no anon, you are reddit
nice 149 reddit filename, reddit
>>
>>382527606
>post /pol/ shit
>get called out
>U MUST BE FROM REDDIT!!!!!!111
>>
>>382527568
AROUND THE LEAF, THERE'S NO RELIEF
>>
>>382527472
Can I derail you for a second greekbro? I've only found vidya stuff in Public and seen gaming cafes around town. Where does one go for used vidya here?
>>
>>382527649
>literally unix timestamp
>reddit filename
Lmao
>>
>>382527469
Fuck off cuck fucking nigger back to neofag if you don't like the redpills fucking libtard
>>
>>382527568
People won't care you're a dirty fucking Leaf if you don't post like one. The fact that you're so adamantly against reveals a lot about you.
>>
What we need to do is remove these meta threads. Reply to this post if you agree.
>>
>>382527606
>>382527656
who are you quoting

>>382527686
who are you quoting
149 filenames are reddit
>>
>>382527656
You have to go back.
>>
File: IMG_1620.png (236KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1620.png
236KB, 750x1334px
>>382527631
Fuck off
>>
>>382526996
Don't expect you to. 4chan is pretty naïve. You guys are a lot less smart than you used to be.

>>382527035
None of your fucking business.

>>382527041
When Marvel Comics releases their "Legacy" event later this year ALL the comics blogs are going to gush over how it's a masterpiece of the highest possible order. This is because they've already been paid off with under-the-table cash exchanges. Even if you don't read comics, remember that I said this and pay attention when it happens. That'll be your "proof".

Also, you're a naïve faggot if you think the entire internet isn't crawling with virals. There are entire corporations dedicated to viral marketing.

>>382527084
I don't even know what that shit is. I know literally nothing about table top games. I wouldn't rule it out, but it seems to be mostly bigger companies that viral on this site. Is table top games even big enough of a business to merit viral marketing to begin with?

>>382527085
Marvel (as in the comics company, not the movie studio) pays off blogs top give positive reviews of their comics.

>>382527135
I personally think they're wasting their time. They seem to do it because the alternative would be to fix the product and that'd mean hiring people with talent, i.e. not them. There's an old quote that goes something like "marketing is what you do when your product sucks" or something to that effect. But again, I'm not an expert on the results, so who knows.

>>382527186
Literally the worst meme.

>>382527250
You're using "falseflag" wrong.

>>382527357
I mentioned the Marvel thing. If you wait that'll come true guaranteed.

>>382527429
That screencap was of a post from before the final poll even started. And yet they predicted the final results. Funny how that works.
>>
>>382527703
>le redditpill xD
>>
>>382522624
Well why should I not believe a post by Anon? Anon would never lie on the internet.
>>
>>382527656
>Saying nigger is /pol/ shit

Damn you're fresh.
>>
Is there any reason to believe that anti-/pol/ posters aren't astroturfing thought police?
>>
>>382527754
>how to lose 10 arguments at once, the post
>>
>>382527446
They literally only exist when there is the occasional update or event. A general would not exist for more than a few days. This is the kind of thinking that makes /v/ shit. What the fuck is allowed to be discussed here if a video game getting 2 threads in a row is considered a general now?

Can we only post 1 thread per month about a certain game? And only about certain games? Guess I'll see you guys in next month's DOOM thread. Wouldn't want to be seen as a general, right?
>>
>>382527714
it looks like you know a lot about reddit :^)
>>
>>382527790
FUCK OFF /POL/ REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1479072021469.jpg (233KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479072021469.jpg
233KB, 1024x1024px
>>382527656
I bet BASED KEK triggers you
>>
>>382527380
>>post ids
>>country flags
These, fuck. Samefags are shills that bump their own threads will be outed.
/vint/ was good while it lasted, showed us the Leaves were a huge fucking problem on /v/
>>
>>382527790
Because not everyone is a hive mind and some of us have been around for way longer than /pol/ has even existed?
People have different opinions, you know
>>
>>382525842
>>382527223
>>382527402
>>382527606
>>382527703
Can you fucktards stop using the word "ni**er"? Behave like the adults you are for once.
>>
>>382527829
You have to go back
>>
>>382527847
hi fellow redditor
>>382527550
>>
>>382526514
You don't.
>>
File: .jpg (20KB, 300x314px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
20KB, 300x314px
>>382527829
>it looks like you know a lot about reddit :^)
What can I say? I see your posts here everyday, reddit-kun
>>382527868
kill yourself nigger cattle
>>
>>382527790
Wow TRIGGERED cuck??
>>
>someone posts a porn thread
>post in it
>accidentally select a picture of yu gi oh by accident
>coincidentally post ends in a certain number
>get banned

>post a thread about huniepop or any sakura game
>get banned

getting sick of this
>>
>>382527847
Very based on a board that has GETs disabled
>>
>>382527853
>/vint/ was good
There wasn't any video game discussion though. It was all /int/ shit.
>>
>>382527826
mmos and gachashit arent only 2 threads in row tho. even weekend tourney threads are just sportsfags discussing e-celebs
>>
>>382527754
Go larp someplace else
>>
>>382527790
Is there any reason to believe that people telling you to shut up has any ulterior motive besides them really, really wanting you to shut up?
>>
File: 1482339796730.jpg (117KB, 921x481px) Image search: [Google]
1482339796730.jpg
117KB, 921x481px
>>382527790
it's /lgbt/

they're also the ones that post the porn on blue boards and that flood the actual porn boards with gay/cuck faggotry
>>
>>382527847
cringe.
>>
File: Dumbledore.jpg (32KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
Dumbledore.jpg
32KB, 500x286px
>>382527869
make me
>>
>>382527895
I'm not a leftist cuck like that redditor
>>
>>382527679
Public is your best bet honestly if you're interested in used vidya. If you're just interested in vidya I guess you could visit Plaisio or Media Markt too but I can't guarantee you'll find these shops everywhere (unless you're in a big city)
>>
>>382527868
Is double nigger okay? I'll never not giggle when I see that. It's like hearing a black dude make predictions and getting called negrodomus.
>>
OK, here's some hard fucking evidence.
>>382492424
>iffy OP about iffy game
>prime shillcalling material
>nearly 500 posts
>1 instance of "shill," no replies
OH NO WHAT AN EPIDEMIC CALL THE CDC.
>>
File: v.jpg (7KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
v.jpg
7KB, 250x238px
>>382527965
If you feel the need to post a reaction image to prove you're not mad, you might just be an insecure person.
>>
I fucking hate this place
Can the few of us who just want to discuss neat games in nice late night threads and occasionally have fun in chill offtopic threads just fuck off and make our own site already? /v/ is beyond saving, nothing can fix it at this point
>>
File: 1487057334492.jpg (315KB, 786x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487057334492.jpg
315KB, 786x800px
>>382527961
They have one of the mods in their pockets.
>>
>>382527790
every time something like this is said, it gets dozens of angry replies
it really activates the almonds
>>
Alright you faggots we need a history tracker. Anyone who goes freely visits pol and v need to get banned
>>
>>382527035
>That's a goddamn lie.
> the idea that a bunch of clinically retsrded neckbeards could possibly abuse a word to shut down conversatuon about things they dont like with no possible refute?! Ludicrous!!

Not even him but did you even consider h9w ass retarded you are? Did u even browse any recent threads talking about video games?
Yakuza used to have small threads with people having fun talking about it. Nowadays people amek bait threads and people making real threads are called shills.

Same also happens with almost anything that isnt Dark Souls.
>>
>>382527976
Kalamata is basically the big town I can go shopping in, I'll google those stores to see if they have locations there. Eucharisto
>>
>>382528007
No shit.
>>
>threads entirely in the spic language popping up recently
anyone know what the fucks that about
>>
>>382527868
niggerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>382527981
The fuck you got against Subnautica threads nigger? It's the closest thing to deep sea threads we have left.
>>
>>382522463
You're schizophrenic
>>
I would legitimately prefer that there were shills than the faggots who ruin vidya threads complaining about them.
>>
File: 469.jpg (18KB, 300x276px) Image search: [Google]
469.jpg
18KB, 300x276px
>>382528000
yeah that's odd, posting a reation image on an image board
strange times we live in
>>
>>382527714
>149 filenames are reddit
Drag a pic of this thread to your desktop. Guess what. The filename is gonna start with 149 because that's just the way 4chan tells you when you saved a screenshot in unix time. No need to thank me for educating you redditor
>>
>>382527981
>iffy OP about iffy game
You mean a game that has had pretty consistent discussion on /v/ for fucking months and has a lot of new players because of the steam sale?
Yeah man, real iffy game there
>>
Am I the only femanon around here who just wants to talk about video games without all the drama going on?
>>
>>382528005
This has been done a couple of hundred times. Usually works for a couple of weeks or months, then posting slows down and soon it's just two or three guys left. It's nice while it lasts and I've made a couple of good friends this way, but it's not a lasting solution.
>>
>>382528076
>>382528124
The gamedev is iffy, game seems fine. Haven't played it.
>>
>>382528028

>pol and v
>no slashes

Someone's been here a whole week.
>>
>>382528084
you're part of the problem
>>382528123
having 149 filenames just shows how knew you are, reddit. don't pretend to not be a redditor if you only have 149s
>>
>>382528113
See>>382528000
>>
>>382528123
fuck off recentfag
>>
File: 1493173046701.jpg (90KB, 800x700px) Image search: [Google]
1493173046701.jpg
90KB, 800x700px
Two scoops my fellow pedes
>>
File: 1497894408316 (1).jpg (2MB, 1516x4473px) Image search: [Google]
1497894408316 (1).jpg
2MB, 1516x4473px
>>
>>382528070
>recently
Those have been going on for fucking forever. Offtopic blog shit is one thing, having it be entirely in not-English is another.
>>
>>382528141
Shit newfat jannies are causing drama by deleting vidya threads. So here we are.
>>
>>382528005
Yeah, I was just about to say, it seems we've been overtaken by the swarm. There's 8ch but you can practically smell their unwashed asses through your monitor, the kind of shit that gets posted there. Anonymous image boards are just bound to die, I guess. Reddit, Tumblr, summer, whatever, it's all infested, there's far more ironic posts and bait than anything else, so wanting to actively participate is a fruitless endeavor. Maybe I can get on NeoGAF and see if I'm still banned for actually defending this fucking place during GamerGate. Greentext all you want; nobody in their right mind is going to care what anyone here thinks.
>>
>>382528153
What the fuck does that even mean? The game dev expressed a wrongthink opinion once so now their games can't be talked about?
Jesus Christ, it really is true, you faggots are only here to talk about fucking politics
>>
>>382528174
Travel ban :)
>>
>>382528158
see>>382528113
>>
File: 1331236756910s.jpg (3KB, 101x101px) Image search: [Google]
1331236756910s.jpg
3KB, 101x101px
>>382528038
No prob
>>
>>382528156
You caught me
>>
>>382528260
I rest my case.
>>
>>382527597
No, it was done to chase off /pol/ itself. Then again, there's barely any difference.
>>
shill out
>>
Why are LOL threads getting deleted all of a sudden?
>>
>>382521680
you're still free to say whatever the fuck you want famalam. IMO bigger problem are ppl shouting "shill" at literally everything like in the story about boy who cried wolf. gaming culture has grown a lot in last decade, twitch and youtube are especially to blame for this, casuals are everywhere and there's more e-celebs than porn stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpOULjyy-n8
>>
>>382528232
If you want a board without shitters, people need static usernames. That's how the internet is now.
>>
>>382521680
The shilling boogeyman doesn't exist, retard, and if it did it makes literally no difference to your life or the opinions of people posting on fuckin 4chan of all places
>>
>>382528329
Says the /v/ poster. Also /pol/ has never cared about /qa/
>>
>>382528339
>all of a sudden
They always have, our moderation is inconsistent and inept as fuck though
>>
>>382528237
I couldn't have been more conciliatory you drama queen.
Doesn't change the complete non-issue of shillposting.

Anyway plz delete this, mods.
>>382527761
>>
File: 1498788359523.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498788359523.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
nice thread
>>
>>382528339
the new fucking janitors
>>
>>382527923
alright, but shit like the 100% OJ threads and Risk of Rain threads are entirely self contained, but not frequent or fast enough to be a general. and they're usually also 99% about ACTUAL VIDEO GAME DISCUSSION ie playing video games.

none of the fucking arguments for moving threads to /vg/ make any sense because it's always "my threads are allowed to be on /v/ but yours aren't because I don't like them". I will agree gacha and MMOs should mostly stick to /vg/ because those threads never have an endpoint because they have "infinite" content and things to talk about. but that would require a massive scale reform to /vg/ to remove all of the absolute garbage that's currently plaguing the board, which will never happen.

so in short, these meta threads are worthless and do nothing for no one. literally only exist as flame bait and shitflinging fodder like every other thread here. If anyone comes to 4chan expecting decent serious discussions on anything they're here for the wrong reasons now. that just doesn't happen anymore
>>
Yeah great thread, hiro
It will surely help the board
>>
>>382528339

we're not allowed to discuss video games here
>>
>>382528070
It's probably burritos discussing vidya with one another.
>>
>>382528351
I'm fine with there BEING shitters, in fact them having a little presence is fun, but steering the ebb and flow of this board into the shit heap this thread proves it to be is just too much.
>>
/v/ is /pol/'s bitch
>>
File: 1328530178882.png (71KB, 440x237px) Image search: [Google]
1328530178882.png
71KB, 440x237px
>>382528157
Nigga I was saving /v/ images before you started playing videogames, chill
>>
NEW THREAD

>>382528532
>>382528532
>>382528532
>>
>>382528046
>>382528046
Then what the fuck can we do?

I can't stand this shit.
>>
>>382527597
reddit loves anime though
>>
>>382528490
They're probably more on topic and fun than anything else we have, too
>>
>>382528157
I think you're confused anon. Threads where people can discuss video games on /v/ are not a problem. Those threads being derailed because someone doesn't like the reason those threads are posted is a problem.
>>
>>382528565
the fuck? this one isn't even close to post cap you stupid cunt
>>
File: 1488377831818.jpg (37KB, 757x501px) Image search: [Google]
1488377831818.jpg
37KB, 757x501px
>>382528494
and /pol/ is r*ddit's bitch.
>>
>>382528157
Guess you haven't saved an image from here in months then
>>
>>382528547
"Nigga"
Stop saying the N word you fucking bigot.
>>
>>382528565
No god fucking damn it this just makes things worse
>>
>>382528623
You'd feel right at home then /v/
>>
>>382528632
My bad n*gg*
>>
File: Perfect-woman.png (1MB, 1280x1760px) Image search: [Google]
Perfect-woman.png
1MB, 1280x1760px
/v/ is a shit board anyway
You can't discuss videogames unless they're Japanese or games from the 90s-early 2000s and even then retards ruin the thread.
>>
>>382528565
Yeah, let's just fill the fucking catalog with this cancer, great idea.
>>
>>382528592
Shilling isn't a problem in the making of threads. Fuck, if someone wants to create a platform for talking about an actual video game and happens to get paid for it, that's fine. But discussion itself is getting jerked around by people with a clear bias who establish a census on one extreme or the other and it just becomes video game nerd gang wars.
>>
File: 1498789358903.jpg (95KB, 637x662px) Image search: [Google]
1498789358903.jpg
95KB, 637x662px
>>382528623
this
>>
Ban nintenbros already
>>
File: 1491407389556.png (430KB, 566x565px) Image search: [Google]
1491407389556.png
430KB, 566x565px
>>382528490
>burritos
Fuck now I'm hungry
>>
File: Contemplation of Babby.jpg (11KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
Contemplation of Babby.jpg
11KB, 248x248px
>>382522481
You can't even discuss GW2 in /vg/ because some autistic fuck who got kicked from the NA /vg/ guild spams every GW2 thread with his bot and the mods don't do shit about it.
>>
>>382528494

lol no

If you want to see /v/ being /pol/'s bitch go to fucking cripplechan. There you can see how every thread has nothing to do with video games but everything to do with developer's personal political stance, what the politics in the game are and how they're all cucked liberal bullshit and other raving bollocks. There's not a single thread about video games on that whole website that hasn't broken down into a rant about politics or how the kikes are using a game to turn people into marxists. It's like right wing tumblr.
>>
>>382528721
You can report it, since it's technically against the rules.
>>
>>382528715
>games from the 90s-early 2000s
I fucking wish. Those threads either die fast or get swamped with people crying "hipster" or "nostalgiafag," unless it's something getting a remake.
>>
>>382528715
Poison is my boyfriend
>>
>>382528812
No way dude, I want 20 of these puppies up and running.
>>
>>382528565
Jannies deleted that thread but not this one, which means that meta threads are indeed Hiro approved.
But why does Hiro allow /jp/'s janny to delete these threads? Is Hiro watching this thread (he must be awake now)?
>>
>>382528715
>Japanese games
Get constantly shit on unless they're Nintendo or Souls game, maybe Persona now as well
>>
File: 4.jpg (19KB, 316x288px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
19KB, 316x288px
shill boogeyman is only obvious when they spam generals in a short amount of time, creating even meta threads for topics that could've been in the already 300+ reply thread.

overwatch was obviously shilling. if this is a thread to speak directly to mods and janitors about ways to improve this board, please do a better job of deleting clone threads. if there's already an overwatch thread up, delete any mini threads related to character worship, or meta discussions about balancing and whatnot. keep all that shit contained to one, instead of 4-5 scattered across the board.

I usually don't mind when I see 2(even 3) up at a time, but then idiots see that as a sign to create more and we're soon drowning in 5-7 of them.
>>
>>382528854
The jannies just humor us with the whole "Hiro said" rule; they could delete this thread at any time.
There was proof posted a while ago, from the IRC.
>>
>>382528854
They deleted it because I did my job as a conscientous /v/ poster.
>>
>>382527961
lol that image was a troll created to troll /pol/ and /r9k/ that leftypol/shareblue/jidf/etc was controlling their board. Do you really think /pol/ would censor an image like that when they love to dox? Stop being so damn naive.
Now post some reddit screenshots with more conveniently censored information like usernames or subreddit titles or anything else that could actually be verified.
>>
>>382528747
delete this
>>
>Janitors do nothing about raids, marketing or blatant shitposting and just ban people they argue with
I thought this was understood long ago? You can break any non-image rule as long as you don't upset a Janitor.
>>
>>382528928
hiro's word is above the janny's small dicklet
>>
>>382528903
Agreed i say we should put a limit maybe around 3 of the same threads a day should be banned or at least deleted
>>
>>382528747
If only that image were true.
>>
>>382528960
That's actually from the OSRS Facebook page.
>>
>>382528928
If I was Hiro I'd probably get barely halfway through this thread before I rolled my eyes and found something else to do. Remember "I was just pretending to be retarded"? Or "ironic shitposting is still shitposting"? It seems like everyone does, but they went the exact fucking opposite direction that those sayings from where they were supposed to. Look where we are because of it. It's not like it's the administration's fault that this place is full of clinically retarded antisocial misfits.
>>
>>382529017
It's not e-mail? I have no experience with facebook.
>>
>>382529017
>>382529165
Wait no disregard that I suck cocks. There's a very similar looking image that also uses the term normalise. I was thinking of a different one.
>>
File: 1496199950644.jpg (236KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496199950644.jpg
236KB, 1280x720px
anime girl
>>
>>382529165
>I have no experience with facebook.
let me guess you are a virgin?
>>
>>382529219
what happened to her eyes
>>
>>382525246
being shilled for the last few days
>>
Even if shills existed, they would be less annoying and more productive to this site than faggots going around screaming about shills. God bless the mods if they really are deleting shit posts bitching about shills. I remember the days where it was impossible to discuss any game without having half the thread getting into "shill" vs anti-shill bullshit.
>>
File: 1497910991293.jpg (276KB, 1140x699px) Image search: [Google]
1497910991293.jpg
276KB, 1140x699px
>Groovyposting already died

It was fun while it lasted, hopefully some more OC comes when more Atari news drops.
>>
File: 1498595323035.jpg (24KB, 288x252px) Image search: [Google]
1498595323035.jpg
24KB, 288x252px
>>382521680
>458 replies
>100 unique IDs
>59% chance that at least 12 people are samefagging
Why do you guys make meta threads you know this shit won't do anything so why even bother at all
>>
>>382529215
Yeah, "project normalise" was the other totally-real-raid that somehow never materialized.

>>382529237
You guessed correctly.
>>
>>382529267
youre implying that were only allowed to make one post per thread and that's it
>>
>>382529102
During the best times of this site no one followed those rules anyway; it was trollin' 24-7.

Still up? >>382527761
>>
>>382529249
She's wide
>>
>>382529263
fuck. shamed i ignored it. i skim right passed whenever i see the wrinkled faggot
>>
>>382529267
That would just mean that people in this thread made about 5 replies on average, which is normal on a discussion themed forum
>>
>>382529263
Good content is created, enjoyed, and fades away when it's no longer fresh. That's how it's supposed to be.
>>
>>382529263
>tfw you just want atari to be a powerhouse again
A current-gen Path of Neo type game would have me chain-cumming for days on end.
>>
File: 1495927651107.jpg (255KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1495927651107.jpg
255KB, 500x700px
THIS is the anime girl
>>
>make a shitpost for fun
>some boogeyman gets blamed instead of me
It's so easy now
>>
>>382529256
how the fuck can you pretend to know that this is some guy shilling a year old game and not one dude who just wants to talk about it a lot and keeps making threads
>>
File: file.png (69KB, 487x503px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
69KB, 487x503px
>>382529165
>>382529215
>>382529312
Found it. I don't know why I thought it had the word normalize in it though.
>>
>>382529459
nice 9 cirno
>>
>>382529358
During the best of times this place was funny above all else. Now hurling insults at people who play games on a console that they don't is the extent of /v/'s humor.
>>
File: 1494477170188.png (218KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
1494477170188.png
218KB, 500x473px
DIE ANIME BITCH
>>
>make thread about new game made by a small group
>"SHILLSHILLSHILLSHILL"

>make a thread about new game made by a corporations
>"YEAH! THIS GAME IS AWESOME"
>>
>>382524726
>He thinks phones have different IPs from computers and thus is visible
Gramps...
>>
>>382529267
I'm really curious to know how you came up with that 59% chance that 12 people are samefags meme
>>
File: 7856365.png (217KB, 497x480px) Image search: [Google]
7856365.png
217KB, 497x480px
>>382529459
this is the sad anime girl
>>
Mods are dead.

RIOT!! RIOOOT!!!!!!
>>
File: bT561.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bT561.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>>382529486
Thanks
>>
make a new thread at 500(five hundo)
>>
File: 1493157758200.jpg (435KB, 1280x1175px) Image search: [Google]
1493157758200.jpg
435KB, 1280x1175px
>>382529557
janny look like cat LMAO
>>
Strange that there are still 20 Souls threads per day yet people don't bat an eye at those. But popular choices during steam sales like >>382529256 being discussed during said sale is now shilling

Could Bandai Namco be operating the most successful internet shilling campaign of all time?
>>
File: frozenactress.jpg (142KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
frozenactress.jpg
142KB, 640x640px
>it's an anon screams into the void thread
>>
>>382529590
so close
>>
>>382529646
it makes me feel better
>>
File: 1482862636156.jpg (13KB, 259x206px) Image search: [Google]
1482862636156.jpg
13KB, 259x206px
Comfy anime girl
>>
>>382529521
Eh, not really true, in my experience.

If the game you want to discuss is published by EA, for example, you have no chance whatsoever. The only way you can get by without it becoming a war of shill-calling is if your OP is the most blatantly negative shit imaginable just to gather up discussion.
>>
If they ever become so fucking stupid as to actually implement IDs I'll stop buying my 4chan pass. They've ruined every single board they've ever been attempted it to the point where it had to be reversed.
>>
>>382529627
/v/ really likes Souls. I don't know what to tell you
>>
you can't bump the thread anymore
>>
File: 1471620064991.jpg (229KB, 627x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471620064991.jpg
229KB, 627x720px
>>382529627
When you put it that way it kind of makes sense if I may be honest.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>
>>382529521
both indies and companies shill here
but indies have much more to gain by shilling on /v/
an indie game can sell tens or even hundreds of times more if they shill it on /v/
many indie games have become big successes like that
>>
>>382529646
does this bittch go out seraching for them, or is frozen still market to high hell?
>>
>>382521778
this
>>
>>382529713
Does /v/ like Souls or were they just conditioned to like Souls through marketing and shilling? My bet is on the latter.
>>
>>382529706
They'll never implement IDs or flags or other draconian practices these threads implement. These threads have never achieved nothing and will never achieve nothing. They just exist to placate the autists into screaming into the void.
>>
>>382529738
And what's bad about indies, corporate ball licker?
>>
>>382529215
>>382529485
You admitted to messing up and followed up with why and how you did it. You're ok, anon.
>>
File: file.png (86KB, 376x401px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
86KB, 376x401px
>>382529816
Oh okay. I mean if YOU say so
>>
>>382529497
>WAHHH WAHHH STOP PICKING ON ME I'M INNOCENT
Did you forget the 5 years of NEVER EVER BTFO posting, you fucking faggot? Fuck off you deserve this.
>>
>>382526934
but this is bullshit
truth is undertale is immensely popular, especially on that site.
A random shitty pol isn't a reason enough to even open a thread.
>>
>>382529860
T-thanks
>>
>>382529873
This. Console shitters because absolutely insufferable for years until they turned on each other like 2 years ago. A fate well deserved.
>>
>>382529869
Whatever you say Bamco shill. That is what this thread is about right? Calling out the things we personally dislike as shills and falseflaggers, but the things we do like are acceptable? Well I don't like Souls games so you're a shill for discussing them. Your next response will be, "get gud". A very successful shill tactic trying to put me below you by implying you're better than me at Souls games so my opinion on them is invalid. Nice try, shill.
>>
>>382521924
It's full of shill threads but to be fair /v/ has gone to the shit so they are not really that different from regular threads

I mean, people here mainly play WoW, cod and mobas, every thread about a not AAA game gets immediately marked as SHILL INDIE SHIT

At this point there are better places than /v/ to talk about videogames and yes, i'm talking about some subreddit.
>>
>>382529816
>>382529869
>>382530029
Sorry that was rude. /v/ has liked Souls games since Demon's Souls first came out before it even got an English translation. When Namco wasn't even sure the project would succeed and before all the "Prepare to Die XD" marketing. So I think you're assessment is wrong.
>>
>>382530030
/v/ is full of underaged idiots with shitty tastes
the fact that steam and the pc indie scene has been flooded with low quality crap also heavily weight on people shitting on everything not AAA
>>
>>382529976
Kill yourself phoneposter
>>
>>382521680
we need thread IDs
that's it
>>
>>382530128
but that's because of early access and idiots funding anything with a pretty screenshot/trailer
people exploiting the indie market doesn't mean that the indie market only has shit
>>
>>382530081
You're delusional if you think even 10% of /v/ has played Demon's Souls, or any Souls game before the DaS PC port. Hell I'd wager not even 15% of the current "Souls fanbase" has played Demon's Souls

So no, the marketing and shilling here DID directly influence /v/'s disposition towards the games. Another win for Bamco, another loss for the quality of our beloved website
>>
>>382530178
What are thread IDs?
>>
>>382530178
if we add ID, flags and other crap like that we might as well move to reddit because if we don't have anonymity what's the fucking difference then?
>>
File: 1487001577341.jpg (78KB, 600x411px) Image search: [Google]
1487001577341.jpg
78KB, 600x411px
>>382530234
>newfag
>>
>>382529884
it got twice as many votes in the poll as there were sales at the time that the poll happened, and half of them came from mongolia (according to a map of where voters were that gamefaqs themselves released), so it's confirmed to have been virals
>>
>>382530234
you get an ID on each thread you post
you maintain that ID throughout the post
that way you avoid marketers, and samefagging

>>382530259
JUST IDs, no flags
>>
>>382530230
But /v/ did have dedicated discussion towards Demon's Souls. /v/ has always liked Souls games. They're great games so I'm not really sure why that lowers the quality of the board.
>>
>>382530195
It's harder to find a quality indie game in the vidya market than it is to find a quality thread on /v/. Very few people will bother looking for one, especially since if you manage to find that nugget of gold in that sea of piss you're just going to get called a fag anyway.
>>
>>382530309
>throughout the post
throughout the thread, sorry
>>
>>382530259
Why the fuck do you need anonymity within one thread, anon?
>>
>>382530309
I mean, I'm not against the idea, but it's not gonna do shit. People can just reset their routers.

>>382530274
I heard of IDs in general before (terrible idea), just wanted to hear more about thread IDs.
>>
>>382530309
>that way you avoid marketers and samefagging
Yeah that worked really well on /pol/ right? They have ids and they shout SHARIABLUE CTR JIDF, 1 POST BY THIS ID, SLIDE THREAD now instead
>>
>>382530234
You get an ID like a tripcode and everybody can see what you posted by searching posts with your unique ID. It's a stupid fucking idea they a few other boards tried. It was a disaster each time and they had to reverse the change.

Imagine being in some long thread and you're just discussing something, then you make someone mad my they'll ctrl F your posts from 2 hours ago just to shitpost reply to them and start an argument. Basically Facebook. It takes away true anonymity and makes it so people can see what you've posted, and identity who you are.
>>
Make 4chan pass mandatory for posting. Make bans apply to only the pass user so they cannot be evaded. Make strikes for heinous offenses, 3 strikes and your pass gets revoked.
>>
>>382530339
There's a portion of /v/ posters that liked Demon's Souls. Let's call them group A.
There's another portion that jumped on the bandwagon around the time of the prepare to die marketing, or possibly even later. Let's call them group B.

Repeatedly stating that group A has always existed (which is true) does not make group B any less insufferable. I'm not sure how to put this in simpler terms, sorry.
>>
>>382530278
the thing is, if that's true, it means that gamespot/gamefaqs was in to that because they could've easily stopped the viraling
>>
File: tn_1284157967346.jpg (12KB, 220x180px) Image search: [Google]
tn_1284157967346.jpg
12KB, 220x180px
>>382530392
lurk more faggot
>>
>>382530309
How the fuck is that going to stop marketers? How fucking stupid are you? Every time they make a marketing thread you can't identify the user. We already have some methods of that. Then for the rest of the thread they'll just praise the game, like any other user. Your stupid fucking idea will just lead to people being able to quote all your positive posts in an entire thread and to like KEK OBVIOUSLY A MARKETER
>>
>>382530526
chill
the thing is, one marketer creates a thread (ie: the one million RE7 thread every week), but then they bump by samefagging or posting stupid questions
>>
>>382530339
They lower the quality of the board because nothing has been discussed in 8 years that's hasn't been discussed to death already. They are literally the most prime candidate to be pruned to /vg/ entirely, as discussing dead topics is what that board is all about. Find me a single Souls thread that hasn't devolved into inane flamebaiting and shitposting.
>>
>>382530309
If anything that's only hindering regular users since people that get paid to shill will just get a VPN or a proxy and continue posting.

I also bet that's what happens on /pol/, on both sides.
>>
>>382530596
YOU CAN'T BUMP YOUR OWN THREAD BY SAMEFAGGING YOU RETARD
>>
>>382530234
Tripcode-like automatic identifiers that last for exactly one thread. A way to identify your posts in that one thread without spilling over to any other thread you might post in.
In theory it's a great way to weed out samefagging and sockpuppeting. In practice it just leads to new ways to shitpost - see >>382530406
>>
>>382530596
samefagging doesn't bump. Also, even if it did, what's the fucking difference between a marketer samefagging something like "Why haven't you bought mass effect Andromeda yet, /v/?" and a normal poster who made a positive MEA thread doing it? Nothing identifiable whatsoever.
>>
>>382530661
WHAT
do you think they have one marketer here?
you can even use different browsers
>>
>>382530597
If I did, you'd just go in there and shit post to try to prove your point and be right.
>>
>>382530597
There was a really nice one a couple of days ago where a guy was asking for help on the game. That was a great thread.
>>
>>382530753
>a normal poster who made a positive MEA thread
I bet you believe in unicorns, too.
>>
>>382530813
... Your fucking browser doesn't change your IP address are you fucking stupid? No wonder. It takes someone this ignorant to think something like post IDs are a good idea.
>>
>>382530874
This is the kind of ironic shit posting that would lead me to believe a thread praising a shitty game would be made by a normal /v/ user.
>>
>>382530512
Okay. I'm not sure how /v/ was "conditioned to like them" when at least a moderately sized group has always considered them good. I don't think people get tricked into liking something. Otherwise people wouldn't still be discussing the games today if they really didn't like them
>>
>>382530597
>let's talk about the mathewmatosis video AGAIN
>NO discuss the bomberguy video instead
>guys let's discuss Priscilla's stinky feet for the 10000th time that'll be epic
>b-but my waifu is gwyndolin did you know she has a penis haha wacky Japan
>no guys today we're discussing the the same boss we've talked about ad nauseum
>wow you thought that boss was hard?? LOL get gud pussy

typical souls thread topics
>>
>>382530813
Using different browsers doesn't change your ID. How new are you? Have you ever even been on a board that had board IDs? Clearly not. You have no clue what kind of hell you're trying to wish on /v/
>>
File: 1484060765210.jpg (23KB, 338x383px) Image search: [Google]
1484060765210.jpg
23KB, 338x383px
>>382530946
I wasn't trying to be ironic. Maybe I should just go lie down and stop posting for a while.
>>
>RE7 thread every day
>same fucking pic
>is it good?
>do you think it will work on my machine?
every single day
same thread
same stupid questions
the same stupid fag marketing the game
>but anon, samefagging does not bump
THE ANSWERS IS WHAT BUMPS THE THREAD
you won't answer his stupid questions if you see they are coming from the same id

>>>382530880
>browser doesn't change your IP address
who said that
>>
>>382530459
best idea so far
>>
>>382530994
Absolutely zero souls threads that did not already start with an ironic or blatant eceleb shitpost became any of those things
>>
>>382530459
As fucking horrible as this idea is, it's still better than post ID's
>>
>people who don't know the first thing about social programming think it isn't happening on one of the most popular discussion forums on the internet
>>
just remove all janitors
>>
>>382530520
yeah, exactly, they got paid off as well

remember that gamefaqs is not the site it was in the 90s, the original owner sold it off to a corporation
>>
>>382530459
This is a stupid idea, but I wouldn't be opposed to making Sundays a pass-only day for fun, while keeping shit holes like /b/ open so people can flock there if they want on those days
>>
File: YEAH.jpg (33KB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
YEAH.jpg
33KB, 400x285px
if we had thread IDs, we could see if this conversation about them is between 5-6 guys, or just the same stupid fag saying they are not good
>>
>>382530994
Plenty of threads are the same discussions ad nauseum. Like Fire Emblem for example. Or Halo. Or 3D Mario. Or GDQ. Or Undertale. Or Metroid before this year's E3
>>
>>382531260
What would discussion forum would that be? I haven't been keeping up with what's popular these days.
>>
>>382531404
We could also see if the same stupid fag is safe defending them, couldn't we? But we don't want that. If you want to be identified by your posts you can fuck off to reddit. I guarantee you that you'll find a warmer community there who thinks like you do. Please just leave. We'll both be happier this way.
>>
>>382531404
Woop de doo you MIGHT be able to single out a samefag, but the biggest shitposters on the website would still just change their IP address on the spot and have phones for many IPs
>>
File: main.png (18KB, 497x325px) Image search: [Google]
main.png
18KB, 497x325px
>>382531556
>I guarantee you that you'll find a warmer community there who thinks like you do. Please just leave. We'll both be happier this way.
judging by your saltiness, i guess you are the guy triggered by IDs
are you an indian marketer by any means?
>>
>people on this very thread don't know about ID filtering
>>
>>382531626
Some guy has an opinion and you call him a marketer. Do you think you'd be any more mature if suddenly you could confirm someone posted their opinion on more than one post? No you'd just go through the thread and quote every single post with that ID so you can shitpost
>>
File: jewless.jpg (160KB, 1304x901px) Image search: [Google]
jewless.jpg
160KB, 1304x901px
>>382531556
>community manager about to find a new job
>>
>>382531381
It can't be that stupid if it would immediately solve every issue being whined about here. So long as mods weren't compromised and didn't play favorites or make biases it'd work great in terms of making this place actually decent to discuss anything.
>>
>>382531684
Teach us then.
>>
>>382531754
>mature
the guy has already told me 2 times to go to lerdit, while getting triggered of IDs, and calling it hell
>>
>>382531783
It happened before and post count went to like nothing. Most of /v/ is third world trash that can t afford it. Not a big enough community to support passes being mandatory every day.

>>382531626
You're not making a good case for yourself given how you're shitpost when others are trying to have a discussion
Thread posts: 576
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.