[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My autismo peaked and I want to buy a PS4. I'd use it to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: WhatAComparison.jpg (109KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
WhatAComparison.jpg
109KB, 1366x768px
My autismo peaked and I want to buy a PS4. I'd use it to play Bloodborne, P5 and some other shit. Which one should I get? PS4 or PS4 Pro?
I don't have a 4K TV. I only care about framerates and the price. Will PS4 Pro run most games at 60 or would I better save 100+ Euros and get the cheap old one?
>>
>>382521313
>Will PS4 Pro run most games at 60
No.
>>
If you're a PC Fat like me, you will want a Pro. I caved in and bought one a month ago. Seen Uncharted 4 play on my pro and on my friend's regular. The game was like a fucking slideshow on his.

In general the Pro won't get you 60fps, but it will usually reduce load times and prevent framerate drops which is a big deal when everything runs at 30fps.
>>
>>382521618
Nice, I'll get a Pro then. Didn't think the regular would drop below 30 but if the Pro prevents that, I'll take it. Which exclusives would you recommend?
>>
File: chrome_2017-07-02_11-16-07.png (163KB, 978x307px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-07-02_11-16-07.png
163KB, 978x307px
Any PS4 Pro deals that ship to Europe?
>>
>>382521776
P5. Horizon zero. Bloodborne. Ratchet and klank. Tekken7 <(not exclusive).
And last but not least Nioh.. Nioh is gold tier.
>>
>>382521313
>Will PS4 Pro run most games at 60
No.
And very often, due to bad optimization it performs worse.
In FFXV you can either run it in the upscaled 4k, and suffer framerate drops, or unlocked fps at 1080p, which means you get a ton of stuttering, because the game jumps between 30 and 45 fps.
>>
File: destiny bundle.jpg (1008KB, 4744x2542px) Image search: [Google]
destiny bundle.jpg
1008KB, 4744x2542px
>>382521313
I'd go with the pro unless you're a cheapskate like me. I got pic related for 200 the day the pro launched.
>>
Just a heads up.
Encase you're thinking of buying Horizon Zero Dawn you better make sure you have an extreme hard on for open world games.
Because it's possibly the most boring open world game I've ever played.
>>
>>382525580
Worse than BotW?
>>
>>382525662
Extremely actually.
>>
>>382525705
Wow. Haven't played HZD, but BotW was extremely underwhelming. Fucking Ever Oasis feels more like a Zelda game than BotW does.
>>
>>382525337
Not gonna lie, that is one sexy PS4.
Shame Destiny is kinda mediocre
>>
>>382525858
I didn't get it for the game. I literally turned around and sold the game for 20 bucks + shipping, but I felt that shouldn't be taken into account of the overall price.
>>
>>382525831
I honestly can't believe how much praise it gets. It honestly boggled my mind once I finished it how people was saying how good it was.
It's just so boring honestly.
>>
>>382526230
Which one? HZD or BotW?
>>
>>382526552
HZD
>>
>>382526682
Have you tried Xenoblade Chronicles X? How does it compare to that game, because, in my opinion, that game did open world right.
>>
>>382526895
I meant too, but kept putting it off so I haven't actually.
I wouldn't be surprised if it does do it right though. Flying around alone looked fun enough on it's own.... I really need to play it, thanks anon for reminding me!
>>
>>382527112
It's only 30 bucks now on disk. Just make sure to have enough space to download the fucking huge patches so that the game doesn't lock up.

Also, you don't get the mechs for a while, and its even longer before you get the flying mechs. Works out well, though, because it makes the world feel legitimately huge when you're running around on foot for a few hours, and makes it an absolute blast to explore. Once you're familiar with a good chunk of the game, you get to blast around faster with the mech, and once you're ready to stop exploring, flying is unlocked so you can zoom around even faster (plus find hidden areaas way up high). They did it perfectly in my opinion.

I've been debating playing it again. Can't get the game out of my head.
>>
>>382527321
See what the fuck man. In HZD you legit have no reason to ever ride one of the robot horses you can have because walking places is basically just as fast, maybe just a tiny bit slower. And that's the only thing you can ride are horses.
That alone does make me want pick that up even more now. I think I will, all the gameplay does seem fun.

Oh yeah, no secrets in HZD either. once you climb those big tallneck things it shows everything you can do and find on the map for that area.
>>
I have a Pro and 4K TV and still don't recommend it. Games with framerate issues still have them, and the rare occasion where a game runs at higher resolution the best move is to play it in the lower resolution to save framerate (like The Last Guardian, although it does look gorgeous).
>>
>>382521776
He's lying. Most games just run at a higher resolution. Pro versions of games sometimes even run worse.
You also have boost mode for games that don't support the pro. It fixes frame drops in some games but it's not really worth the money.

Look at this """sliodeshow""" in Uncharted 4 runs the same on the pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsiqSUe4MhI
>>
>>382527526
That's pretty sad, actually. Sounds like that game is as big a disappointment as FFXV.
>>
>>382527526
You just convinced me to wait until its 20-30 bucks normally, and to wait for a sale so that I can get it for 5-15.

Thanks for saving me from that bullet of regret. If BotW was disappointing, then HZD sounds like an abortion.
>>
>>382527762
>FFXV
I haven't played it yet.
But yeah, you'd think a game with robot dinosaurs would at least be fun.
>>
>>382527948
Glad I could help then.

Something I forgot to mention, if you go to far up on some mountains or just too far off the map I guess, it'll say, "You are leaving the play area. If you continue your save will be reloaded."
I mean, the fact that happened to me three times while just playing I think that's a bit crazy.
>>
>>382521313

Pro definitely, 30fps is fine for most games as long as it's a solid 30

60fps is only REALLY necessary for FPS

Pro will generally downsample or add extra graphical effects on a 1080p screen
>>
>>382528528

>60fps is only REALLY necessary for FPS

Wew now this is a wrong post.
>>
>>382529430

Solid 30 is fine
>>
>>382529463
OP here, as much as I love 60 FPS I think stable 30 is still better than unstable 60, it just destroys immersion.
>>
>>382530190

Definitely m8, 60 is obviously better but solid 30 is better than 40-60
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.