[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Other platforms struggled to get a perfect JRPG >Xbox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: jrpgs.jpg (181KB, 1015x915px) Image search: [Google]
jrpgs.jpg
181KB, 1015x915px
>Other platforms struggled to get a perfect JRPG
>Xbox gets exactly 2 at all and they're among the best ever
I want more JRPGs funded with Microsoft money. Hell, if they came out today they'd even be on Windows 10. Too bad Phil secretly hates the japs and MS has completely given up on Japan.
>>
>vesperia
>when ps3 version exists
>>
>>382521130
ps3 vesperia is the only tales game better than 360 vesperia... and you need a modded console to play it without clicking through a guide or learning a whole new language.
>>
>>382521081
they came from established directors. I think this was that MS let them have free rein and came out with gold. but japs are sonyfags and casuals have shit taste.

i don't remember shit for 360 marketing of the time, how well known were these games. i only know of blue dragon cause the cartoon was on cn
>>
>>382521440
>knew of blue dragon
i'm trying to say i wasn't aware of these games at the time
>>
>>382521440
i have seen this commercial for lost odyssey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-x12UEo-rs
a bit back in 2008, but i didn't know of vesperia until well after it was out. you probably had to be a fan of the series to know about it.
>>
Blue Dragon was better than Lost Odyssey though
>>
>>382521081
Ms has hardly given up on Japan, Lost Oddysey was free last year for xbone owners and blue dragon became bc this year. They've stated that they're working on securing rights for a lost odyssey sequel. Japan just hates MS for some weirdo reason.
>>
MS drops low-selling products like a hot potato.

if the fanbase doesn't put their money where their mouth is, they stop putting money on it.

>JRPGs
>Alan Wake
>PGR
>DOA
>Ninja Gaiden
>Sunset Overdrive

the list is huge. MS actually has dozens of cool exclusives, but they never get sequels because only Forza, Gears and Halo sell.
>>
>>382522075
i've not played it. good thing it's on sale then if that's true
>>382522124
scalebound being cancelled makes me think they gave up. though the xbone getting code vein, valkyria revolution, kh3, and monster hunter world means it's not totally given up on yet. still, not 1 exclusive jrpg (or any japanese game at all?) when 360 had quite a bit.
>>
>>382522124
>Japan just hates MS for some weirdo reason.

They hate them because they've now TWICE made big overtures into the Japanese market, started to get people's hopes up, and then just dropped them like a hot potato.

The original Xbox came out, interest in it was pretty tepid, they tried to secure a few token Japanese games, but just cut and run when that didn't turn it into an overnight success (they burned their bridges pretty hard with Level-5 on True Fantasy Online, and SMT Nine got crapped out as like, 20% of an actual game). Then they sort of just abandoned the entire market for the rest of that console generation.

Then the 360 came out, and was mistrusted right out of the gate because of the original Xbox. Except that this time they actually put in a lot of genuine effort, getting the Mistwalker games, Vesperia, TLR/SO4, etc, making sure to get near-parity with Capcom's little string of successes. And they actually were making a lot of headway, compared to how they started things off - but then at the end of 2008 or so, there was a change in management over the Xbox division and they just cut the cord on pretty much all of those Japanese outreach efforts, because they weren't immediately profitable.

After that it would really be weirder if Japan DIDN'T hate Xbox.
>>
>>382521081
Its simple. Microsoft just has better taste than Sony, who allows any schlock shovelware anime horseshit to be published. Microsoft funded Ninja Gaiden 2, the greatest game in existence. They had Chromehounds and Phantasy Star Universe from Sega. Lost Odyssey, the best JRPG of last gen. When Microsoft plays, they play hard.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.